World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 )

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 )

Football (Internationals)
EventNorway - Iceland
SelectionOver 3.5
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Unibet @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningMatch between 2 scandinavic nations. Norway should be a contender for reaching the final tournament, while Iceland is definetly an outsider and should be enjoying playing the bigger teams. Still Iceland has some interesting players, like Gudjohnsen, Helgasson, players who spent most of their careers in Premiership or smaller England Leagues. Overall the quality of their team is not bad. Norway is of course a higher class than their neighbours, and of course they are favorites in this match. Matches between these 2 sides usually end up in high scoring games, both will play offensive and I expect goals.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EventHungary - Denmark
SelectionDenmark
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.42 (Back)
ReasoningDenmark didn't manage to qualify for the Euro competition and since than the team has been reconstructed. They met Spain 2 weeks ago and lost 3-0 after keeping a draw at half tim. it is clear reserves aren't as good as the first choices. Hungary has become a mediocre/poor team in recent years. Althoughthey have talent in midfield with pleyrs like Hajnal or Dzsudzsák,the defence choices and strikers are limited for the coach. They cant compete with the bigger teams and certainly have the second chance in these meetings. Denmark has some good players playing abroad, Tomasson or Bednter are 2 strikers, also they have a good home league and choices for the national team are enough to make a competitive side. I choose Denmark to win here.

EventIsrael - Switzerland
SelectionSwitzerland
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.45 (Back)
ReasoningIsrael is a tough nut to crack whe playing at home. They have in Ben-Haim one of the most experienced and talented Israelian player and he usually leads a good defense. But recently the team encountered some problems, goalkeeper Dudu Aouate is without club and they also miss some of their first choice defenders. Strikers and midfielders at the team aren't of a high quality and Switzerland now led by Hitzfeld can take advantage. They already won a friendly 4-1 while Israel lost the last friendly game 2-0 in Finland. Normally it is tough to play in Israel but circumstances changed and I believe Switzerland led by Hitzfeld has what it takes to take the win

EventCyprus - Italy
SelectionDraw
Strength5/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetandWin @ 6.50 (Back)
ReasoningCurrent world champions italy start this new campaign with Lippi on the bench. The first match since his return wasn't a succesful one, as Italy only managed to draw 2-2 with Austria after being twice led. Cyprus is a hardnut to crack especiall in the Isle of Afrodite. Italy players usually are overconfident in the start of a campaign and often underestimate their opponents, while Cyprus even managed to draw with Germany on previous campaigns. I believe a draw is more than just possible.

EventBelgium - Estonia
SelectionBelgium(-2.5) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningBelgium has a good team for future competitions. They have many talented young players who made it to the Olympics till the quarter finals. Kompany, Feillani are just 2 examples. Estonia is mainly composed from players from the Estonian League, the team isn't like San Marino or Malta but certainly not good enough to compete with teams like Belgium is now.

EventMalta - Portugal
SelectionOver 4.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 3.05 (Back)
ReasoningPortugal played its first match with new coach Queiroz 2 weeks ago and won 5-0 at home with Faroes Isles. They meet Malta, one of the weaker football nations from Europe, but with some surprise results in the past especially at home ground. a 3-2 win with hungary or a 2-2 draw with Turkey are most notable results. Despite Portugal miss Ronaldo for this match I expect them to respect their name and score a fiest of goals, and also I'm counting on Malta to score.

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) Hungary host Denmark at the starts of their WC qualifications campaign. First of all I think that Hungary is getting better and better each year. There was generation changing and at the moment the team is consisted of young and experienced players. Their new coach is former Dutch international – Erwin Koeman. Some of the Hungarian players play in major European championships like- Dzsudzsák ( PSV), Hajnal ( Dortmund ), Gera ( Fulham Their best forward is Torghelle from Augsburg On the other side is Denmark are far from their best years… They have always been dangerous team but in the last few years they cannot achieve anything significant. They experience problems with the defense and concede a lots of goals. Their coach Morten Olsen have almost full squad to chose from: Goalkeepers: Jesper Christiansen (FC Kopenhaga), Stephan Andersen (Brondby), Thomas Sorensen (Stoke City) Defenders: Christopher Poulsen (FC Midtjylland), Daniel Agger (Liverpool), Kasper Bogelund (AaB Aalborg), Lars Jacobsen (Everton), Martin Laursen (Aston Villa), Per Kroldrup (Fiorentina) Midfielders: Christian Poulsen (Juventus), Daniel Jensen (Werder Brema), Hjalte Bo Norregaard (FC Kopenhaga), Jonas Borring (FC Midtjylland), Leon Andreasen (Fulham), Martin Retov (Hansa Rostock), Michael Silberbauer (FC Utrecht), Martin Vingaard (Esbjerg) Forwards: Dennis Rommedahl (Ajax Amsterdam), Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord), Marc Nygaard (Randers), Morten Nordstrand (FC Kopenhaga), Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal), Peter Lovenkrands (Schalke 04) Bet: Both teams to score 10 stakes

Think I may of found a decent bet here. :unsure
SportFootball (Internationals)
EventAndorra v England
SelectionAndorra +4 (Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfred @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks a good price at even money, I don't think we will thrash Andorra. We beat them 3-0 away from home in the Euro 2008 qualifying. Andorra are a poor side however the last time we scored 4 or more was at home to this side. However, I have been looking at previous England results away from home and the last time we scored 4 or more was against Germany in that famous 5-1 win back in 2001. To me this looks serious value, I can see another 2/3-0 win for England but no more, Andorra may even nick a goal!
:cheers

Romania without Chivu' date='Mutu,Nicolita.Lithuania have new Jose Couceiro from Portugal.Lithuania team everytime play good with strong teams.[/quote'] What a match 3-0 Lithuania won :clap

Montenegro have Roma´s Mirko Vučinić and Fiore´s wonderkid Stevan Jovetić and very strong midfield players' date=' but one poor thing is theirs defence, they can score at anytime with much stronger teams than Bulgaria but can easily concede goals.( Anyone who watched friendly vs Huhgary knows that, 3-3 was the final score ).I am from Montenegro, I know what this team is capable of, morale in team is very very high and I expect very hard game in Podgorica - capital of Montenegro at Budućnost stadium. We are very small country ( 600 000 people ) but with football history ( Predrag Mijatović, Branko Brnović, Dejan Savićević ...... ), Beware of taking Bulgaria as good pick, these Montenegrin side will go to theirs first win ever in first official international game. I belive Montenegro not to lose with high confidence:ok[/quote']
Montenegro 2 - 2 Bulgaria -i
M. Vucinic 62' S. Petrov 11'
S. Jovetic 81' B. Georgiev 90'
S. Jovetic 13' V. Dimitrov 34'
S. Pavicevic 15' S. Angelov 61'
M. Vucinic 21'
M. Pekovic 67'
S. Angelov 81'
:clap:clap:clap

Romania without Chivu' date='Mutu,Nicolita.Lithuania have new Jose Couceiro from Portugal.Lithuania team everytime play good with strong teams.[/quote'] Modo you was right my friend,
Romania 0 - 3 Lithuania -i
M. Stankevicius 31'
S. Mikoliunas 69'
M. Kalonas 86'
D. Goian 37' D. Cesnauskis 28'
M. Niculae 68' L. Pilibaitis 44'
I. Zelmikas 48'

Liechtenstein v Germany (19:45BST) 67.0012.001.04105.98 % Details »
I am sure you know the winner of this match. It will be training for Germany and what i offer here is to go for away win with -3 goals AH:ok
Liechtenstein 0 - 6 Germany -i
L. Podolski 21'
L. Podolski 48'
S. Rolfes 65'
B. Schweinsteiger 66'
T. Hitzlsperger 76'
H. Westermann 86'
F. Burgmeier 18'
F. D'Elia 57'
:clap

Armenia v Turkey (17:00BST) 8.504.201.50102.24 % Details »
Turkey show their real quality in Euro 2008.They will play first game in group in qualification away in Armenia.Armenia is team that will try to keep result in this game and point will mean so much for them.Turkey are much beter in quality and they need those points competition is hard in this group and they need every point.I think that Turkey wil start with win.Away win:hope
Armenia 0 - 2 Turkey -i
Tuncay 60'
S. Senturk 77'
H. Mkhitaryan 58' G. Zan 70'
:clap

Albania v Sweden (19:45BST) 6.803.701.63103.08 % Details »
First game in qualification and Albania will host Sweeden.Albania played friednly game with Luxemburg team under the quality of Albania and i didnt saw nothing special in that game they won that game 0-2 but i dont think that it is team that can handle Sweeden.Sweeden is beter team in quality and i think that they will start qualification with win.Away win.:hope
Albania 0 - 0 Sweden
:sad

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) I dunno what to say about Sudan now that they lost!!! :unsure If it's any consolation, I've lost my whole bank with Bet365 on that game! :cry It may take me sometime to collect my thoughts and regain self-confidence. I would have expected England to draw to Andorra, or Germany to Liechtenstein, but not Sudan to even draw to Chad, let alone lose to them! :( I owe each and everyone of you a BIG apology... :$

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) Youssef, you owe NOBODY an apology. You gave an informed opinion of which you do all the time, others could definitely learn from you for sure. It's just that even the strongest bet can lose, shit happens, that's why you should never bet too much on any one bet. Keep up the great work you do on PL.

Argentina - Paraguay (+1.5) AW 1.80 5/10 There's no doubt that Argentina is a good team, and looks like the attacking combo will be Di Maria-Riquelme-Messi and Tevez, which looks scary for any opponent, but the truth is that our NT is not really effective yet. On the other hand, Paraguay, leader so far in the qualifiers, is a strong team. Very solid in defense, and has a good attack. Even if Cabañas and SantaCruz probably won't play, they still have dangerous attackers like Valdez and Cardozo. Handicap too big, worth a shot with this odds. :)
FT 1-1 Own goal by Argentina, then Tevez red card in the 1st half :\ Aguero came in in the 2nd half, Argentina played much better with 10 men and could have won it. We will qualify to the WC for sure, so nothing to worry about, but i'm happy that I won the pick. :ok

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) For tomorrow Chile +0.5 vs Brazil HW with odds around 1.85 is definitely worth a shot. Chile has very clever coach Bielsa, they know that the pressure is on Brazil. In Brazil everyone wants Dunga out after many dissapointments. Kaka out injured, out of form Ronaldinho and Robinho will play for them. Good luck ! :ok

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) Youssef, I also got stung by Sudan (or rather by Chad) but you didn't take my money - it was my decision after I read your post. And I still believe your information and analysis was good. Shit happens! Sorry to hear that you lost your bet365 bank :sad Looking forward to your posts!

Not quite sure about that , I think Albania can get at least a draw here.With the new manager Ariee Haan Former manager of well know teams as Ajax,Anderlecht,Standard and PSV.Its his first official match for Albania.Albania are playing with full team ,there is no injured or suspended players. Albania - Sweden 1X
0:0 FT :nana:nana:clap:clap

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Benin vs Angola
Selection Benin -0.25 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 07/09/2008
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Benin is top of the group. However, this group are very tight. 3 out of 4 are still in the contention for WC spot. Benin with 9 points while Angola and Uganda with 7. So it is crucial that they capitalise their home game and gain something here. From news I heard, Angola will leave out Manucho, Mendonca, Ze Kalanga, Figueiredo, Maurito, Rui Marques. As we all knew, some of them are names that sounds familiar for those who follow WC2006 in Germany. Hence, I think Benin would at least get a point tonight. Just to ensure that they are qualified. But with visitor's missings, it made me think that Benin should worth the pick.

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) Got to fancy Croatia to beat England on Wed. England were very poor against Andorra and it doesn't seem a happy camp at the moment. The Croatian's showed that they are a class act at the Euros ad are a good tam at home. 11/8 seems a pretty decent price to me

Re: World Cup 2010: Matches ( 05/06/07-10/11 09 2008 ) Israel vs Moldova. Israel is a very stupid team mentally, the mind set is crucial. I was sure Israeli can't win against a decent team, and I was right. At home against switz they froze their balls and couldn't win as usual, however when go againts a weaker team ( on paper ) when they have to win, they actually can do it pretty good, it's all mental. Moldova could be a good team, But Israel is in a mental state of a must win situation. According to my judgment, Israel should win this game after the Switz Tie. The poor Israeli coach screwed the home game against Switz by going on a home game with 1 striker, and now he has no choice but to go at least with 2 strikers. This should be a very hard win for Israel but I reckon they will do it. I call it about 65% Israel wins, 35% TIE good luck