UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 )

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 )

Zenit who have started well this season
Zenit is doing well in the championship? No way... They are already 11 points away from the leader, after 19 games. Maybe they will have the fitness advantage over MU, but nothing more...

Zenit is doing well in the championship? No way... They are already 11 points away from the leader' date=' after 19 games. Maybe they will have the fitness advantage over MU, but nothing more...[/quote'] I know there 11 s behind but have had a few decent 4+ scores recently. I think Zenit will cause probs for Man u

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 ) Im also backing Zenit to win this one at what could turn out to be huge odds. Im not having much on, just a little for interest but I love watching Zenit play football and if they perform anything like they did in the Uefa Cup last year, Man Utd will struggle badly. Utd have injury concerns all over the park and Fergie will be more bothered about the Prem as they have already dropped points against Newcastle. If Zenit grab an early lead, you cant see Utd going all out for the equaliser whereas this game means a lot to the Russians, who could claim a famous English scalp. I just fancy them to nick this one 5/1

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventManchester United v Zenit Petersburg
SelectionManchester United -1 (Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 2.87 (Back)
ReasoningManchester United go into this game on the back of a good display at Pompey with a 1-0 victory, Maybe could of turned more possession into goals but that will come. They should be right up for this game tonight, A nice trophy to win. Zenit St Petersburg had a great season last year, Obviously they won the Uefa Cup. This year they have been performing poorly in the domestic league and from what I have seen of the Russian premier its not the greatest of leagues about. There is also big doubts as to whether there star player Arshavin will be staying with them so I guess that could be un-settling the team a bit. United should take the game to Zenit tonight and will win quite comfortably adding another trophy.

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 ) Without team new betting on this match is difficult without more team news. All we know from United is that Owen Hargreves will start for his first match since the CL final, also starting is Gary Nev and Nani, JS has been promised the last 25 mins. So it looks like United aren't taking this match seriously (nor should they, it's a friendly after all). I expect Sir Alex to rest Rio and play Johnny Evens. Until I see a team sheet I'll hold off, but my gut feel is a lay of Manchester United.

Without team new betting on this match is difficult without more team news. All we know from United is that Owen Hargreves will start for his first match since the CL final, also starting is Gary Nev and Nani, JS has been promised the last 25 mins. So it looks like United aren't taking this match seriously (nor should they, it's a friendly after all). I expect Sir Alex to rest Rio and play Johnny Evens. Until I see a team sheet I'll hold off, but my gut feel is a lay of Manchester United.
You seen what Sir Alex has said AJ? "I remember the last time we went there I only played half a team," said Ferguson, whose side won the Champions League by defeating Chelsea 6-5 on penalties. "When I saw Lazio celebrating at the end, it was like they had won the World Cup. "I was not too pleased. I thought, 'That will not happen again'. "I will play a much stronger team tomorrow - although there will be some changes - and we will represent the club in the right way. "The game is extremely important. We did not realise that a few years ago. There are no league games to distract us, so there is no excuse this time. "We want to go out and get the victory as this is a prestigious game and one we want to win. There is a great incentive for us." United want to win trophys, We will field a strong side, We ain't playing again till 13th September... :ok

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventManchester United v Zenit Petersburg
SelectionManchester United -1 (Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date29/08/2008
Bookmaker/Price
There is also big doubts as to whether there star player Arshavin will be staying with them so I guess that could be un-settling the team a bit. United should take the game to Zenit tonight and will win quite comfortably adding another trophy.
Just a small point here, Advocaat is a Manager who tactically isn't far from the Big Boys. He had Arshavin suspended for the most crucial game in UEFA, in St Petersburg, second leg, SF, vs Bayern, and gave a lesson to Hitzfeld by winning 4-0. If Arshavin is to leave, this will be his Swan Song. Since I doubt his transfer atm, then Zenith will be as dangerous as ever. Tbh, Arshavin shouldn't be the main concern, it is Zenith fast wingers who are the problem. As of the Russian League, it is one of the most intense places to play, tough and physical, hostile crowds, awful distances to cover every week, sometimes almost 5,000 miles for an away game. Financialwise though it i among the top 5 in Europe, and the number of jewel players coming out of there in the last 10 years in second only to Portugal,Holland and the ex-Yugoslav Republics. With all respect to your choice and wishing you luck, I think with Man U -1, at best you will be breaking even. Hope I am not right, Zenith really look shaky and out of focus lately, I am only going to enjoy the game. No bet Good luck

Just a small point here, Advocaat is a Manager who tactically isn't far from the Big Boys. He had Arshavin suspended for the most crucial game in UEFA, in St Petersburg, second leg, SF, vs Bayern, and gave a lesson to Hitzfeld by winning 4-0. If Arshavin is to leave, this will be his Swan Song. Since I doubt his transfer atm, then Zenith will be as dangerous as ever. Tbh, Arshavin shouldn't be the main concern, it is Zenith fast wingers who are the problem. As of the Russian League, it is one of the most intense places to play, tough and physical, hostile crowds, awful distances to cover every week, sometimes almost 5,000 miles for an away game. Financialwise though it i among the top 5 in Europe, and the number of jewel players coming out of there in the last 10 years in second only to Portugal,Holland and the ex-Yugoslav Republics. With all respect to your choice and wishing you luck, I think with Man U -1, at best you will be breaking even. Hope I am not right, Zenith really look shaky and out of focus lately, I am only going to enjoy the game. No bet Good luck
I understand your point. Manchester United are however, European and Premier League champions. The Premiership is regarded as the best league in the world. To win the Champions League isn't exactly easy either is it? Zenit aren't performing well, I don't see how they can be backed. Especially not against United. Maybe im bias cause im a United fan but even based on stats United look the clear pick. Zenit may surprise me.

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 ) United haven't been scoring too many goals off late (The last 3 games all went Under 1.5) and I'm not quite sure if Zenith will be able to break through the so called "solid" defense (often regarded as Europe's best) of Man. Utd. Under 2.5 for me! GL to all.

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 ) Can someone tell me where I can find the starting eleven for this game? What website should I be looking at? I know they will show up maybe a little before kick-off, but I am not sure where to look. I am interested in particular the Man.Utd 's starting eleven? Is Rio, Tevez, and G.Neville playing? Thank you ZeroCool

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 ) I'll think you'll find Chelsea have had the BEST defence last 5 years or so! FACT!!! This game looks like it'll be a draw in the 90 mins. Mancs have been CRAP start of this season and Zenit will cause them problems with Advocaat wanting to get one over Old Whiskey chops! I imagine Mancs will be playing a cautious game and hope to hit Zenit on a counter with the ugliest ever strikeforce to step onto a professional pitch Shrek & Zelda from the Terrahawks! :lol DRAW @3.40 Paddypower :ok

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 ) This should be an interesting match as we will see two teams that play attacking football, and their last year success is another proof of their quality. Both coaches will take this game seriously, and they will probably field strong line ups. Ferguson will give the chance to some players to gain some match practice, as a lot of them are now ready to play after being absent during recent weeks. Zenit had a busy schedule lately, and we are to see if that has tired the players. Pogrebnyak is back, while new signing Danny may play his first game for the club. It still remains to be seen if Advocaat will play Arshavin, who is still amidst transfer speculations. Both teams play attacking football, and we are certainly to see some goals. Over 2,5 for me.

I'm going for Zenit ht/ft @ 10/1 (hills). It seems like a great price for something which isn't that unlikely. I agree about the attacking football and am hoping for a lucky night!
Well, you are half way there..Good luck with that brave choice :hope

Re: UEFA - Super Cup ( 29 08 2008 ) 2-0 Zenit. Good call on Zenit all who were on, I underestimated them due to there performances in the league, To be fair though United have played poorly. Still half hour left but they way were playing I can't see us coming back.

I actually think Zenit might be worth a small bet here. I am a man u fan but think that Zenit who have started well this season may cause united a few problems. Zenit Draw no bet or +1 could be a good option here.
Am sorry to say i was right..... as a united fan we dont look good right now and only tevez is pulling his weight Bet won 10 mins to go i think its bet won