Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08

Magic Cat 2.45 Ripon (WIN)

Looked very calm in parade ring as others sweated, forced to race on the outside, fav had got 1st run but this was closing it down and full of running up the Ponty hill, only lost out by a neck and has grp 2 entry in September.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

That's what I wrote after seeing it at Ponty and been waiting patiently for it to turn out again. Different ground today which is only concern. Form from 1st race is nothing special but many from that race have not run since either. Out of One Cool Cat and could be a class act, was impressed by debut.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08 14:45 6f Nursery, Ripon: Fitzolini - Came first LTO in August, admittidley only against 5 other runners. I think the 2yo is starting to come to stride as it has come 2|1 in his recent form. Even though it is a bigger race i think if it can get off to a good start it has a good chance of coming top 3 at a big price, It loves the ground and will want that double win. Fitzolini 0.5 E/W

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08 2.45 Ripon Coleorton Choice - Kevin Ryan's 2 yo colt is a half-brother to Coleorton Dancer, who was prolific as a 2 yo, racking up a four timer (two wins came on GS ground) and rising 16 lbs in the procress. Coleorton Choice showed promise last time out at Haydock on his handicap debut, finishing a 0.56 length 3rd on heavy ground, after running on well inside the final furlong as he gained towards the finish. He was closely matched with 75-rated Susie Quw that day and 78-rated Favourite Girl, with the latter boosting the form with a good run here yesterday with a neck defeat in a listed race to Desert Phantom. Coleorton Choice runs off 70 today but that would seem a fair mark given his performance in that class 2 handicap. Dropping down to class 4 level today he could have decent claims on ground that will suit. I've backed this EW (5/1 Skybet) but if it gets any shorter than 4/1 then it no longer becomes an each way bet to nothing so for the purposes of this thread, 1 pt WIN

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08 4.30 great-leighs--rowan-dancer-e/way-his last run is best forgotten probably due to the ground,his two runs before that were encouraging,his second of a similiar mark to subsequent c/d winner reads well-he could bounce back and pose a threat,so im willing to take an e/way chance

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08

Looked very calm in parade ring as others sweated, forced to race on the outside, fav had got 1st run but this was closing it down and full of running up the Ponty hill, only lost out by a neck and has grp 2 entry in September.

That's what I wrote after seeing it at Ponty and been waiting patiently for it to turn out again. Different ground today which is only concern. Form from 1st race is nothing special but many from that race have not run since either. Out of One Cool Cat and could be a class act, was impressed by debut.
This runs in the 3.45 :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08 300 GL Fazbee Not much of interest today but this one should be good enough to win. Ignore the latest run which was aiming a tad too high. Wasnt disgraced in a couple of listed races and then won her maiden in good style. The main danger is now a NR which leaves the door wide open.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08 Eglevski (3.15 Ripon) Descibed as an under-achiever in today's Racing Post due to having won just once from fifteen life-time starts. That seems an unfair comment as he has placed in more than half of those races and has run big races against decent opposition. Eglevski's placed efforts include a 1l 2nd to Filios (btn a sh-hd at Royal next time), a 2l 3rd behind Hi Calypso and Mad Rush (both subsequently proved themselves to be group horses), and a 2 1/2l 2nd to Ezdiyaad (has since placed in the John Smiths Cup of a mark of 100). Eglevski is well treated runnung off a mark of 84 on any of those runs. Made this horse my BBOTD on it's next to last run and finished 2nd yet again :@ but tactics surely played a part that day. His conqueror Magic Echo (re-opposes today) was allowed to poach a huge lead and there was no way the selection could make up the deficet. Seb Sanders takes the ride today and hopefully won't make the same mistake. Eglevski was given a two month break after that race and his last run can be forgiven on fittness grounds. His trainer John Dunlop has always done well here at Ripon and has conditions to suit so as long as the selection runs to his best in first time blinkers it will take a good un to beat him.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Tue 26/08/08 Was between Fazbee and Coleorton Choice, and I think I will side with the former as I worry about the form of the Kevin Ryan yard. 3.00 Grt Leighs - FAZBEE This looks like a decent handicapper in the making and he runs in a poor race today compared to the company he has been keeping. He ran in some very decent races over 5 furlongs and wasnt disgraced. He eventually went on to break his maiden in what was a poor race at Yarmouth over 7f, and todays trip of 6 should be fine. He was completely outclassed last time, but steps back down to a more realistic level today. WIN :hope:ok

2.45 Ripon Coleorton Choice - Kevin Ryan's 2 yo colt is a half-brother to Coleorton Dancer, who was prolific as a 2 yo, racking up a four timer (two wins came on GS ground) and rising 16 lbs in the procress. Coleorton Choice showed promise last time out at Haydock on his handicap debut, finishing a 0.56 length 3rd on heavy ground, after running on well inside the final furlong as he gained towards the finish. He was closely matched with 75-rated Susie Quw that day and 78-rated Favourite Girl, with the latter boosting the form with a good run here yesterday with a neck defeat in a listed race to Desert Phantom. Coleorton Choice runs off 70 today but that would seem a fair mark given his performance in that class 2 handicap. Dropping down to class 4 level today he could have decent claims on ground that will suit. I've backed this EW (5/1 Skybet) but if it gets any shorter than 4/1 then it no longer becomes an each way bet to nothing so for the purposes of this thread, 1 pt WIN
:clap:clap well done mate

Was between Fazbee and Coleorton Choice' date= and I think I will side with the former as I worry about the form of the Kevin Ryan yard. 3.00 Grt Leighs - FAZBEE This looks like a decent handicapper in the making and he runs in a poor race today compared to the company he has been keeping. He ran in some very decent races over 5 furlongs and wasnt disgraced. He eventually went on to break his maiden in what was a poor race at Yarmouth over 7f, and todays trip of 6 should be fine. He was completely outclassed last time, but steps back down to a more realistic level today. WIN :hope:ok
A nice double. Pity I didnt wait until Pegasus Dancer had run to confirm the form of the Ryan yard. Would have ended up with an 11/2 winner, rather than 5/4. But hey, a winner's a winner.:( Well done fin, Billy and tgc for winners too. A great day in here so far. :clap:clap

Looked very calm in parade ring as others sweated, forced to race on the outside, fav had got 1st run but this was closing it down and full of running up the Ponty hill, only lost out by a neck and has grp 2 entry in September.

In goes another one - 3/1 :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap