quick odds question....

stooo V2

Re: quick odds question....

I have no odds calculator handy but I believe it is 221-1 against getting a specific pair in any hand, so I am guessing that it is somewhere around 221 * 221 which is about 44000-1.:unsure Slap or some of the mathematical guys will give you the definitive answer, i am sure.
48840-1, to be precise. That's the odds for a particular two consecutive hands, of course. It's more likely than that to happen at some time during a session.
i guess it's exactly the same odds as getting 72off and then J10s. Aren't there 169 starting hands anyway ?
But there are 12 different combinations of suits to get 72o, only 4 ways to get J10s, and 6 ways to get AA. So the chance of getting 72o is twice as high as the chance of getting AA, and three times as high as the chance of getting J10s.

But there are 12 different combinations of suits to get 72o, only 4 ways to get J10s, and 6 ways to get AA. So the chance of getting 72o is twice as high as the chance of getting AA, and three times as high as the chance of getting J10s.
conclusive proof that 72o is better than aa:tongue2:lol:lol

i guess it's exactly the same odds as getting 72off and then J10s. Aren't there 169 starting hands anyway ?
I explained that to you a year ago and you still dont get it? Their are less combinations of pairs and suited connecters than off suited cards. There are 169 different stating hands but some are more lkely than others. Perhaps I confused you by suggsing pkt Aces were dealt more often than they should be?

I explained that to you a year ago and you still dont get it? Their are less combinations of pairs and suited connecters than off suited cards. There are 169 different stating hands but some are more lkely than others. Perhaps I confused you by suggsing pkt Aces were dealt more often than they should be?
Really? It does seem familar somehow. Must have slipped my mind :lol I've had pocket Aces 13 times more than J7o (my least dealt hand), still pretty small sample size thoug

hey all... just wondering what the odds of getting AA and then KK are in consecutive hands?
Online -in a freeroll, abut 16/1:eek at my mates house 33/1 for him and 100,000/1 for the rest of us. Online when an external audit is being done exactly 148840-1, So exactly it defies the laws of physics. When no audit closer to 53,000/1. Hope that covers all the possibilties or circumstanes you had in mind.

Really? It does seem familar somehow. Must have slipped my mind :lol I've had pocket Aces 13 times more than J7o (my least dealt hand), still pretty small sample size thoug
Shhh- I've not had pkt aces since I blew the lid on the poker conspiracy that abounds. GaF( with his industry contacts) knew this and wouldnt post his figures for that reason. Be afraid,be very afraid!

Online -in a freeroll, abut 16/1:eek at my mates house 33/1 for him and 100,000/1 for the rest of us. Online when an external audit is being done exactly 148840-1, So exactly it defies the laws of physics. When no audit closer to 53,000/1. Hope that covers all the possibilties or circumstanes you had in mind.
cheers mate. I only ask as i got em in a game and someone was moaning about what were the chances and i couldn't remember the exact figures.

but what is the chance of getting them and having them busted by a crappy draw both times ?
Well if we go into that we will have endless discussions on how to play them and it will finally justify this threads place in the strategy sub forum;)