Virgin Festival league

jolly67

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Virgin Festival league I'm very surprised at Virgin over this. I've heard nothing from them at all. I emailed Ollie last night to ask what the situation was but got an out of office reply saying he's not in til Monday. Actually thought someone else would pick up the mail and deal with it but obviously not. I haven't got Joe's email address (I could guess it but didn't want to risk getting it wrong). He must know some of you would have announced your winnings, whether on here or other forums, so I would have thought an email would have been in order to let me and Ken know what had happened. So everyone from 3rd down can only gain, Ken is assured his seat anyway, muggins here will probably get shafted. :(

Re: Virgin Festival league

I'm very surprised at Virgin over this. I've heard nothing from them at all. I emailed Ollie last night to ask what the situation was but got an out of office reply saying he's not in til Monday. Actually thought someone else would pick up the mail and deal with it but obviously not. I haven't got Joe's email address (I could guess it but didn't want to risk getting it wrong). He must know some of you would have announced your winnings, whether on here or other forums, so I would have thought an email would have been in order to let me and Ken know what had happened. So everyone from 3rd down can only gain, Ken is assured his seat anyway, muggins here will probably get shafted. :(
The more I think of this , the more I think its unfair on you Helen. For that reason, i will NOT play the remaining 2 legs, in the hope that you will win the seat that you have deserved this month. :ok

I'm very surprised at Virgin over this. I've heard nothing from them at all. I emailed Ollie last night to ask what the situation was but got an out of office reply saying he's not in til Monday. Actually thought someone else would pick up the mail and deal with it but obviously not. I haven't got Joe's email address (I could guess it but didn't want to risk getting it wrong). He must know some of you would have announced your winnings, whether on here or other forums, so I would have thought an email would have been in order to let me and Ken know what had happened. So everyone from 3rd down can only gain, Ken is assured his seat anyway, muggins here will probably get shafted. :(
(email removed, thanks) I think they should award all 10 prizes or none at all, makes no sense. Im sure Joe could sort something, its only one seat:ok

Re: Virgin Festival league Cheers guys. 'Shafted' was probably a bit strong a word for me to use, had an hour to sulk now so just got to make the best of it and get on with it. I can understand those like Julio (and all of us until yesterday really) thought we had another 2 games to go so would be annoyed thinking they'd been short-changed. I just fear I'm doomed never to qualify in my own right. :eyes Graeme, qualifying without you in the field would be like winning an Olympic medal without the Americans there. :lol And unfortunately there's danger from several others as well, wonder if I can blow out their internet connections somehow next week. Pretty sure I could get at Oob and Girly's for starters anyway. ;) But thanks for the thought and obviously, if as you said yesterday you're happy with the money anyway, you've no need to play. Will have a think whether to email Joe or just leave it til Ollie sees my mail on Monday and feels guilty. :tongue2

Re: Virgin Festival league Would be surprised if Virgin didn't pluck one out of the bag and grant a seat to Helen if she didn't finish in the top 2. With €50 safely in the bag, I should be pleased, but it's no way to run a tournament, and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It should really be a case of all 10 prizes being awarded, or none at all. Ken's seat is safe, as only 1 of 3 people can reach him (Avon or I could pass him with 2 wins, and divits would be exactly level), but Ken can't drop lower than 2nd, no matter what.

Would be surprised if Virgin didn't pluck one out of the bag and grant a seat to Helen if she didn't finish in the top 2. With €50 safely in the bag, I should be pleased, but it's no way to run a tournament, and leaves a bad taste in the mouth. It should really be a case of all 10 prizes being awarded, or none at all. Ken's seat is safe, as only 1 of 3 people can reach him (Avon or I could pass him with 2 wins, and divits would be exactly level), but Ken can't drop lower than 2nd, no matter what.
I wont play next Monday, Tuesday. Whether it helps or not :unsure , but i dont want to be the one that knocks Helen out :ok

I wont play next Monday' date=' Tuesday. Whether it helps or not :unsure , but i dont want to be the one that knocks Helen out :ok[/quote'] Conversely, it might make more sense to have MORE PL'ers playing, to act as a buffer and make it harder for the chasing pack to overtake Helen :unsure

Conversely' date=' it might make more sense to have MORE PL'ers playing, to act as a buffer and make it harder for the chasing pack to overtake Helen :unsure[/quote'] That means less chance for H to get more points tho. I personally (If in Helens shoes) would like there to be 10 registered. FT then wait and wait, and watch with her chart permutations, and slide rule at hand, then strike when the time is right . :hope by the way, what size shoes are you Helen? And would they fit me? ;) :lol

Re: Virgin Festival league So if I'm raising, everyone's folding, right? :lol Or maybe I should sit out. :tongue2 The numbers in the last couple of legs always drop off anyway so I could probably safely improve my lowest score.

But dont you dare make it a Focus game
No chance, but that did make me laugh. :rollin Seriously all, don't change how you play or whether you play because of this. If it's meant to be it will be. In the meantime, I've put my shopping shoes back in the overnight bag. :ok And will be on the look out for a bookies to watch the Grand National in. :loon

I suppose it depends how much that person had already received in the big giveaway. Don't I get it for pain and suffering? :lol
But just think how much you would save by not shopping, and losing more on your national tips :lol

Re: Virgin Festival league Chuff me, we'll need Peter Snow and his swingometer by the look of this table :loon Really difficult to know what tactics will suit, but :hope for the right result on Tuesday (a win for AG, and 3rd for me) :ok

Re: Virgin Festival league Well played Graeme and all tonight. :clap Twas a good game. :ok Here's the original top 10

1stbigbadken
2ndAvonGirlV
3rdmorlspin
4thHectorMcG
5thGirlyWirly
5thEMScamking
7thWellboy1
8thdani_c
9thDivits
10thooblio
So they have to pay out extra money to me (as morls already given 3rd money), nabucco, and Crumble. Camking, Wellboy, dani and divits got a windfall. :ok oh, and morls. :lol