Newmarket 10/07/08

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 1.30 Bouguereau 11/10 var bog 15 pts On ratings this one is definitely the stand out pick and if you go on that he has a fair bit on hand. Has ran two very nice races this year either way of a run in italy. beat Unnefer in one and in the other performed with a bit of credit in the derby where basically he just plugged on so this type of trip should suit and has proved he can handle a touch of cut already. 2.35 Jedediah 14/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w, Missioner 28/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Tricky race. jedediah seems to be suggesting that he needs a trip now. He might be a bit more exposed than some of these but what he has done is run some very solid races in some decent handicaps including lto at asc when he finished a staying on sixth over shorter. Longer trip today could bring on that touch more improvemnet with clamier booked. Missioner I belive maybe a big price from a place point of view at the least. Last year ran some very promising races against some nice 2 year olds as they were then, city leader etc. This year started off with three decent runs, one behind lazy days who he has a weight pull with today, won his maiden and hen was just second in a handicap, fighting all the way too the line. Moved up in trip at asc. he didnt seem to get the extra trip but with the trainer in much better form now, a drop back to 10f and knowing that he can go on a variety of conditions, he is respected. 4.20 Alfathaa 10/3 var 15 pts Generous Thought is respected moving up in trip but this one sets just a slightly higher level of form. Third behind Spacious in a really useful maiden before then routing the opposition nto before a good run with a bit of cut over a mile in the group 1 at asc and that run gives him a really solid chance today and a bit ahead of these. This season however it hasnt all been plain sailing, tried and disappointed in Guineas and lto over further it travelled ok in a slowly run race but having been snatched up he didnt get home. Today the blinkers remain and over this trip and against this opposition, he has a real chance.

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 3.10 Newmarket ANNA PAVLOVA WIN With soft ground at Newmarket Anna Pavlova looks very good for the win in this Group 2 race. Only seven go to post here after four horses were withdrawn. Anna Pavlova will really appreciate the soft ground. If you look through her form she always runs very well on soft ground but is usually out of the frame on Good or Firm ground. She won her last race at Haydock and she didnt even get a clear run that day on soft ground. She was third in the Pretty Polly stakes at the Curragh which was won by Promising Lead on Yielding ground. She has also won over this distance in the past. She has only run once at Newmarket before that was last year when she came second to Innoocent Air in a listed race. The big threats in the field are Papal Bull who won this race last year beating the likes of Lucarno and Sixties Icon but that was on Good to Firm Ground. Lucarno can never be discounted either but i think it might be a step to far for him today. My selection is a Stoute horse with Ryan Moore on him and i regard them as a great combination. I cant see it being beat today especially if theres more rain but i thought that yesterday and i was wrong. SHe is drawn low which is no advantage but she should be able to overcome it on this ground. Anna Pavlova WIN

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08

3.10 Newmarket ANNA PAVLOVA WIN With soft ground at Newmarket Anna Pavlova looks very good for the win in this Group 2 race. Only seven go to post here after four horses were withdrawn. Anna Pavlova will really appreciate the soft ground. If you look through her form she always runs very well on soft ground but is usually out of the frame on Good or Firm ground. She won her last race at Haydock and she didnt even get a clear run that day on soft ground. She was third in the Pretty Polly stakes at the Curragh which was won by Promising Lead on Yielding ground. She has also won over this distance in the past. She has only run once at Newmarket before that was last year when she came second to Innoocent Air in a listed race. The big threats in the field are Papal Bull who won this race last year beating the likes of Lucarno and Sixties Icon but that was on Good to Firm Ground. Lucarno can never be discounted either but i think it might be a step to far for him today. My selection is a Stoute horse with Ryan Moore on him and i regard them as a great combination. I cant see it being beat today especially if theres more rain but i thought that yesterday and i was wrong. SHe is drawn low which is no advantage but she should be able to overcome it on this ground. Anna Pavlova WIN
papa bull is the stoute/moore horse mate not your tip,thats fahey/moriarty but i agree with you cant seem to get away from it only concern is the jockey in such a big race :hope:hope

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 Sorry jones12345 just realised now my head was all over the place trying to study to many races at one time. its hard to get away from it alright i think it will be a short price at the off. The field is now down to six with another withdrawl and i wont be suprise if its the last withdrawl for this race

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 Had a look at a few of the races today, tricky card with the soft ground! 2.35 ended up with 3 selections here Tomintoul Flyer 15/2 - won on soft ground last year - distance winner twice - 3 wins for only 5 career runs Rochefort 7/1 - lightly weighted - In 1st 3 4 of 5 starts - Has form on soft - Needed run at Epsom - Form up to a mile but Dam stayed 11.5f, so :hope on the trip. Dr Faustus 8/1 - impressive 1st time out - ignore ascot run when drawn poorly? - Will stay - ? on ground & a high weight but potential still has improvement from top yard 3.10 Anna Pavlova 7/4 - Clear cut winner last weekend on easy ground - 3 from 4 over distance - 4 from 5 on soft surface - 2 from 2 in July! Lion Sands 7/1 - C&D winner 2 weeks ago - ? over ground but still improving? Sagara 9/2 - best form at trip - goes well on soft ground 4.20 Choose your moment 7/2 Ladbrokes - behind Redford LTO (won since well) - Ground is ok - Sire was a sprinter up to 7f, but Dam did get the mile so no probs there. Looking for an overall treble here with 3 selections in the 2 races & then all onto Choose your moment. 9 bets @ 1pt per bet.

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 3.10 - if the ground firmed up I would back Papal Bull as all of his form has come on faster ground and even though he thrashed Anna Pavlova when the pair last clashed at Epsom, Richard Fahey's mare, unlike that day, has her favoured soft ground here. Its a no play for me, I'm happy to sit back and watch the race. Good luck to all that have played.

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 Not much time for analysis Im afraid, but my fancies are as follows: 2.00 CLASSIC BLADE Will enjoy the soft surface and looks overpriced. His form isnt bad and could go well at a decent price. 7/1 3.10 ANNA PAVLOVA Dont think Papal Bull will like the going but Faheys filly will love it. She showed she was bang in form last week with a victory in the Yorkshire Oaks and she has to go close again today. :ok

Not much time for analysis Im afraid, but my fancies are as follows: 2.00 CLASSIC BLADE Will enjoy the soft surface and looks overpriced. His form isnt bad and could go well at a decent price. 7/1 :nana:nana :ok
Fingers crossed that Anna Pavlova or Medici Pearl wins to give me a double. :hope

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 Good start Stewart, watched Classic Blade with interest, sadly I didn't back Classic Blade to make interest! I have a felling that Anna Pavlova will do well for you but have to wait and see. Good luck!

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 As i was too late for my first choice, i will put up my second choice which is papal bull 310 newm. favourite looks sure to go well but had tough race last time and i think the combination of trip and ground, plus sheer determination can see papal bull and ryan moore come home too strongly. 1 point win.

2.35 Jedediah 14/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w, Missioner 28/1 var bog 7.5 pts e.w Tricky race. jedediah seems to be suggesting that he needs a trip now. He might be a bit more exposed than some of these but what he has done is run some very solid races in some decent handicaps including lto at asc when he finished a staying on sixth over shorter. Longer trip today could bring on that touch more improvemnet with clamier booked. Missioner I belive maybe a big price from a place point of view at the least. Last year ran some very promising races against some nice 2 year olds as they were then, city leader etc. This year started off with three decent runs, one behind lazy days who he has a weight pull with today, won his maiden and hen was just second in a handicap, fighting all the way too the line. Moved up in trip at asc. he didnt seem to get the extra trip but with the trainer in much better form now, a drop back to 10f and knowing that he can go on a variety of conditions, he is respected.
:clap:clap:clap:clap

Good start Stewart' date=' watched Classic Blade with interest, sadly I didn't back Classic Blade to make interest! I have a felling that Anna Pavlova will do well for you but have to wait and see. Good luck![/quote'] :$ :puke

Horse was well beat and credit to the jock on the leader who stole a march. Papal Bull would probably have won had it got a fair run but you just never know what he is going to find when upsides another horse.
The winning jockey was the only one that appeared to ride horse effectively and so deserved the victory. So much talk up of Anna Pavlova and yet failed when it mattered.

SportHorse Racing
Event4.55 Newmarket
SelectionSundae to place
Strength10/10
Date10/07/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.66 (Back)
ReasoningSeveral non runners in this event and it leaves the door open for this horse, Sundae. He was very progressive last season and although yet to show anything too much this time around, the softer ground is the big key today. He has won over the July course before and seems well enough handicapped at the moment. With 4 places on offer despite only around 13 runners, this looks a solid bet in my opinion.

Re: Newmarket 10/07/08 4.55 Newmarket I thought Sundae was in for a good year this year but so far he's been disappointing. I backed him last time and he never showed at all. Will be more at home on this easier ground (although it's only just slower than good) but I can't back him at 4/1. He wouldn't be much shorter if you based it on his best form only - so that seems short given his run last time and his inconsistent form since last year. That best form I talk about was when Sundae was 3rd in the Silver Cup at Ayr. At the time I thought the front three put in a great performance and over time it has proved to be a decent race. The winner Utmost Respect has gone up a level and has cemented his place firmly in that level and the 2nd Northern Dare runs here. I also thought Northern Dare could have a good year but so far due to running in Ireland I've hardly backed him. He finished 2nd FTO at the Curragh: 1st Snaffell 2nd Raptor 3rd Northern Dare (off 88) looked the winner 1 out but weakened btn 1.75l Raptor won NTO and Snaffell beat Tax Free NTO before finishing 3rd in a G3. Although it was a decent race NTO I thought he was disappointing when 12th of 24 (btn 5l) at Newmarket - he again weakened last on. Back to form on his 3rd race this season when a one length 4th to Barney McGrew when racing off 87. He again weakened late inside the last. It was back to the Curragh for his run LTO and he ran another fine race, finishing 2nd of 22 again off a mark of 87. I've no idea about the form but I know that 22 runner Irish sprint handicaps are tough and this must be viewed as another fine performance, especailly has he pulled 3.5l clear of the 3rd. He is due to go up 5lb in future but runs here off thar mark of 87. He looks well handicap on the run LTO and looks especially well handicapped on the run FTO at the Curragh - and of course on the Silver Cup run spoken of earlier. I'll be amazed if he doesn't win or go close here. The 5f may suit better than 6f as he has been struggling to get home at times. He would have a chance off this mark in a hot Class 3 handicap but in this depleted race he looks a good thing. Sundae only has a 6lb pull for 3.5l in that Silver Cup run and as Northern Dare looks to have improved while Sundae has been inconsistent I really can't understand how they are so close in the betting. I backed Prior Warning at Royal Ascot but he ran no race. Would prefer this going and is closely weighted with Northern Dare on the Newmarket race. Northern Dare 95% of stake 3.1 betfair (I'd like to know who laid the 5.44) Prior Warning 5% of stake 34 betfair