** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008

What do u think is the safest bet of these all I think all of you will agree that instead of betting on germany or spain and they going to penalities. I personally feel spain will win but dont want to bet on outright ---1.74 and risk it againist germany though they play might differ. I really am not certain how many goals there might be in todays game and seeing germany which can play pretty good defensive game i doubt if there will be many goals in the match and each of them may just canacel the other out at 0-0 .But that seems highly unlikely with spain and there might be atleast the score can be 1-1 I dont think it will be 0-0.Like it spain v italy 0-0.It might not be the case. Both teams are good and both might as well cancel out each other.You think that they might like in the turkey match score againist each other from the start. But i think Germany will play a defensive game and not offensive it will look for openings from spain and then attack but spain would block them so i am doubtful of overs. Over/Under 1.5 goals Under 3.05 Over 1.45 ----------------------- Corners Odds 9 orless -2.22 10-12 ----3.15 13 or more -3.4 ----------------------- Sending Off? Yes 4.3 No 1.27 ----------------------- Substitutes Used 0 - 3 Substitutions 12 4 - 5 Substitutions 2.06 6 Substitutions 1.92 ------------------------ Penalty Taken? Yes 3.75 No 1.34 ------------------------ How many bookings will there Bookings Odds 5 pts and Under 3.8 6 to 8 pts 2.74 9 pts and Above 2.32 ------------------------ Total Goals 1 goals or more 1.12 2 goals or more 1.46 3 goals or more 2.39 ------------------------- Corners Which team will take the most corners during the match? Germany 2.64 Spain 1.81 Tie 8 ------------------------ Shirt Numbers 0 - 19 2.64 20 - 39 2.5 40 and above 2.62 -------------------------

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 I'm thinking draw in 90mins so... Draw/Draw 10pts @4.5 Spain/Draw 1pt @15.0 Germany/Draw 1pt @15.0 Spain should have most of the possession, leaving Germany to rely on counter attacks and set pieces.

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Spain are clearly the better team, but you can see Germany playing a tight game. It's a tough match to call imo, on the current prices, I would say there's value in Germany, but I think they can only win if they "spoil" the final. I think it will be a tense tight affair, and Under 2.5 looks the way to go, but 1.73 at Betfair isn't anything to get excited about. :(

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Think Spain will take the Germans out in 90 minutes, ok losing Villa is bad but Fabregas will offer more creativity, expect him, Xavi,Silva and Iniesta to burst into the bix and support the lone striker, Torres. Spain will hopefully dominate the ball and play it around in midfield. Germany will try and break on the counter attack and make the most of set pieces. Spain WIN @ 2.42

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Germany vs Spain, 29.06.2008 at 20:45 Germany are no surprise to be in the finals, there were some doubts after their loss against Croatia in the group but the duel against Portugal showed what Elf can do. They weren’t impressive against Turkey either but they will fight for their fourth crown in their seventh finals. So far, they had partial success but Low and his players are aware that this is a chance of a generation. Some former Panzer squads had even more quality. Statistically speaking, Spain sore most goals in the last 20 minutes, they are in excellent physical shape so Germany won't have advantage in that aspect, where usually hardly anyone can match them. If the fight remains mostly in the midfield than Spain have a slight advantage here. They are very good in the midfield, led by veteran Senna whose lack of experience in big games is not all obvious. Germany are aware that their midfield will have to run a lot and with aggressive play try to disable the passes to Fernando Torres as well as Iniesta and Silva, but it is easier said than done. No team managed to do that, not even Italy who haven’t conceded but allowed Spain to create several good chances. Set-pieces are Germany's advantage, couple of swift wingers who will try to use Ramos going out to the opposite half of the pitch as well as Capdevila, the weakest link in Spanish squad. This is a classic game where anything can happen and the chances for winning the trophy are 50-50. When we take a look at the odds we can't see why so much advantage is on Red Fury's side that did have stronger rivals than Germany, but that doesn't have to mean anything. The uncertain thing is how David Villa’s absence, that is to say, the change of the formation will affect the play, Spain will probably have the domination in ball possession but without Valencia attacker some problems could occur like focus on Torres as well as Germany aggressive play and pressure upon physically inferior players like Silva and Iniesta. Low is an excellent tactician and he will certainly be able to get the best of his squad. Bet on Germany to win.:hope :cheers

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 This is a quandry. Tipped the Germans at the start to win the competition and I would like Spain to win the final. Furthermore, the addage - 'don't back against the Germans' merely adds to the conundrum! Firstly, as previously mentioned on the board, I don't think the Spanish play like the Portugese - they are much more solid at the back, play more patiently and do not leave their flanks exposed (see Holland). The tactic of keeping it tight for the first thirty minutes and then bringing on Fabregas when space has opened up, has worked a treat. If Ballack is a doubt:unsure, then playing Fab at the start may work. The Spanish have real curent pedigree this year:

26.06.08 A Russia W-0:3
22.06.08 H Italy W-4:2
18.06.08 A Greece W-1:2
14.06.08 A Sweden W-1:2
10.06.08 H Russia W-4:1
04.06.08 H USA W-1:0
31.05.08 H Peru W-2:1
26.03.08 H Italy W-1:0
06.02.08 H France W-1:0
21.11.07 H N.Ireland W-1:0
Think the German team is excellent, great self belief but I think they have a suspect defence and the Spanish have the movement, the quality to play the final ball and more importantly, they can - finish. If the Turks had a recognised striker the other night, the Germans could have been 4/5 nil down at half time. Spain to win Torres to score (he's due one) More than 2.5 goals Germany will score 1 goal 2/1 or 3/1 to Spain:hope It is up to the Germans to make me eat my words, which of course I am always willing to do:$

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Germany v Spain - Euro 2008 Final Well the news coming out the German camp is that Ballack their most influencial player is a massive doubt with a calf strain he injured in practice on Friday. He sat out training today and it is touch and go if he will make the line up! Germany have very lucky up to this point in the tournament and if the Turks had a decent enough striker then Germany would not be here now. The Turks really were unlucky and Germany just ground out the result in the end. Spain have been a revelation, they have put to bed their choker title in no uncertain terms and they look to be in great form. Man for Man Spain look the better team. Germany have been simply awful in defence and have been lucky not to have come up against a side with more potent strikers! Tomorrow Germany will be put to the sword as Spain will run them ragged and Torres in particular whose off the ball running has been largely unnoticed in giving space to willing runners from midfield. Spain have a problem themselves with David Villa the current top scorer of the tournament missing from this final after cruelly picking up an injury against Russia in the semi final anhilation. Germany without Ballack just simply won't contain Spain the midfield will overun the German midfield. Fabregas looks like he will adopt an advanced midfield role just behind Torres a combination that worked so well for Liverpool in the last quarter of the premiership season with Gerrard and Torres. This could get ugly for Germany and I am predicting an easy Spanish win! So bets for me that scream value: Spain -1 Hcp @4.50 ***** Spain -2 Hcp @12.00 *** Half Time/Full Time Result - Spain @3.75 *** Half Time Result - Spain @2.87 ***** Anytime Goalscorer - Fabregas @4.50 **** Anytime Goalscorer - Xavi @8.50 *** To score 2 goals or more - Fabregas @36.00 ** To score a hat-trick - Fabregas @176.00 * Spain to score 4 or more goals @18.00 * Spain to win by 4 or more goals @41.00 * First Half Handicap Spain -1 @10.00 ** Official UEFA Man of The Match - Fabregas @6.50 **** Scorecast - Fabregas 1st goalscorer and 4 v 0 to Spain @426.00 William Hill * Scorecast - Torres 1st goalscorer and 4 v 0 to Spain @226.00 * All prices courtesy of Paddypower except for Fabregas Scorecast. :hope

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 I've taken Germany on Betfair @ 2.54 to win outright. Simple value proposition, sure Spain are slightly better, but not 1.64 vs 2.54 better. Villa missing cancels out the Ballack doubt for me. Germany will have the vast bulk of the support, almost home game for them. Just for reasons of history, the chips are down spain normal cracks, then germans have found a way to win time after time.

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008

Spain for me' date=' they're so much better than Germany in every department.[/quote'] That's exactly what I thought when Germany played Portugal, the Portuguese looked better in almost every line, still.... Lineker said it years ago '' in the end it is usually Germany'' - imo underestimating the Germans is good valuewise, bookies obviously do so I will take my chances and back them somehow........Goal/Goal though looks like the best option to me so far. Good luck

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 My pick for today: Spain-Germany Spain has a better overall team IMO, are in better shape physically and have better stats in the tournament: won all their games, have more goals scored and less goals conceded, have more shots, have more corners, have more assists, have more ball possession and more passes and so on...but this is a final and in a final anything can happen and at this level 2.47 on one team to "raise the Cup" (in this case Germany) is just too good of a price IMO. In the group stage, Germany played a 4-4-2 formation but in the querter-finals against Portugal they changed to a 4-5-1 formation in which they take less risks, stay with 10 (sometimes even 11) men behind the ball line, look for the counter attack and set pieces where they are extremely effective. This is how they (Germany) defeated both Portugal and Turkey in games where the opponents had more of everything except...goals. My pick: Germany to raise the Cup; Good luck! JC

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 The big match will come today evening and every football fan thinks that match."What will happen?" The same question in many people's mind. Germany's adventage is they are taller than Spanish guys and they can be effective in corners and freekicks. And Spanish team make good passes and their midfield is so strong.In the attack David Villa is abscent but Torres and Guiza are ready.Maybe Guiza play second half.Also Ballack is injured and most probably he can't play.It is a very good news for Spain.They will be stronger in midfield. Germany didn't play good football to get the cup I think.Spain is very near to happy end after many years.They want the cup much more than German side. Spain will win

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008

Germany v Spain - Euro 2008 Final Well the news coming out the German camp is that Ballack their most influencial player is a massive doubt with a calf strain he injured in practice on Friday. He sat out training today and it is touch and go if he will make the line up! Germany have very lucky up to this point in the tournament and if the Turks had a decent enough striker then Germany would not be here now. The Turks really were unlucky and Germany just ground out the result in the end. Spain have been a revelation, they have put to bed their choker title in no uncertain terms and they look to be in great form. Man for Man Spain look the better team. Germany have been simply awful in defence and have been lucky not to have come up against a side with more potent strikers! Tomorrow Germany will be put to the sword as Spain will run them ragged and Torres in particular whose off the ball running has been largely unnoticed in giving space to willing runners from midfield. Spain have a problem themselves with David Villa the current top scorer of the tournament missing from this final after cruelly picking up an injury against Russia in the semi final anhilation. Germany without Ballack just simply won't contain Spain the midfield will overun the German midfield. Fabregas looks like he will adopt an advanced midfield role just behind Torres a combination that worked so well for Liverpool in the last quarter of the premiership season with Gerrard and Torres. This could get ugly for Germany and I am predicting an easy Spanish win! So bets for me that scream value: Spain -1 Hcp @4.50 ***** :hope
Agree with the pick and reasoning :ok Spain -1.5 Spain are favourites are justifiably so. They have played some very good football throughout the tournament and showed their class in beating Russia. Their midfield oozes class and with Fabregas likley to come in for Villa, they probably gain more than they lose as he should create some openings for Torres. Torres should cause plenty for problems for the defence of Metzelder and Mertesacker who have looked shaky on occasions. If Ballack is out then they will miss his drive from midfield, handing the advantage over to the Spaniards who have Iniesta, Silva, Xavi and Senna, as well as Fabregas to dominate this area. Puyol and Marchena have the ability to shut down Klose and Podolski but then they still have to get past Casillas who has had a great tournament. Spain to win 2-0 or 3-1

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Every pundit is tipping Spain like it is going to be a walkover. Let it be, as it creates fantastic value on the other side of the line. Betfair is currently 3.6 on Germany in 90 minutes. Fill your footgear that covers your foot and part of your leg.

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 The Sloppy Tips Bet: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.75 Stake: 8/10 Since 1990, only one world cup or euro final has had over 2.5, and that was scored in the 93rd minute. Both teams will be cage here and I can't see too many goals. Bet: 2nd half to have most goals @ 2.24 Stake: 6/10 Similar to above, think the first half will be cagey, and looking back to past finals, about 6 out of 8 would win this bet. Bet: Spain to have more corners @ 1.77 Stake: 7/10 Spain had more corners in the tournament and just generally have a gut feeling. bigokay.gif

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Germany - Spain spain played a good cup and be unbeatenly so far. But the Villa miss is bigger than they shown versus Russia. He´s the spanish goalgetter. Torres played good but he couldn´t score. The second best striker Guiza will start from the bench. He scored two times for Spain. Germanys skipper Ballack is questionable. He has some problems with the right calf. No one knows if he will be ready tonight but I hope so. He can carry away the german squad and manage their play. If Ballack will play the germans have a good chance to win the title for the 4th time. h2h 8-6-5 26-21 goals (2.74 goals in average) stats Germany 10 goals (average 2.20 goals/match) Spain 11 goals (average 2.00 goals/match) best strikers Villa 4 goals Podolski 3 goals Germany tumbled versus Croatia (1-2) and shown really good efforts versus Portugal (3-2) and fight versus Turkey (3-2). They had a good opener versus Poland (2-0) but also a really bad game versus Austria (1-0). Spain is the once group winner who entered the semi final. They´re unbeaten. Russia 4-1,Sweden 2-1,Greece 2-1,Italy 4-2 a.p.,3-0 Russia. predictions germany to win (90 minutes) over 2.5 goals (risk) Podolski to score anytime (fun) can´t wait for the final... :clap

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Undoubtedly, Spain are the better footballing side here, and the game will be decided on whether the Germans can break down the Spanish possession in their own half. This is something they did very well against Portugal and Spain look to be setting up in a similar manner with 5 in midfield and 1 up top. The big difference here is that Spain are a much better side than Portugal and even though Germany played well against the Portuguese, they still conceded 2 goals. I can't see Germany keeping a clean sheet against a team who have looked deadly in every match bar the Italy game. I know that their top scorer will not be playing, but they looked just as clinical in the 2nd half against Russia without him, and Germany's dodgy defensive pairing will no doubt allow the Spanish to create chances. I think Germany's only chance will be at set pieces where they have the advantage, although Spain should be well prepared for this after watching the shambolic Portuguese defending in the quarter final. My predictions for the final are: Spain to score the 1st goal - Evs with Betfair or 10/11 with Bet365 Spain to win in 90mins - 2.32 with Betfair or 13/10 with WillHill

The Reason Why Germany Will Win Tonight It’s a simple fact that the Germans are known for pulling a result out the bag from nowhere no matter how technical a team there up against. They have been here and done it plenty of times, the new formed team have the guidance of previous winners who can really tell them what’s needed but there lack of mobility in centre of defence will be a very big worry. The Germans are strong at heart and never give up and if tonight they concede a goal they will battle to the death unlike the inexperienced Spaniards who are temperamental they lose their heads quick if things don't go their way and they will chuck themselves all over the place looking for free kicks and yellow cards.

Match odds - Outright Winner

Germany - 2.54 Spain - 1.64

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Euro 2008 Final Bets All bets done with William Hill £10 single - Match action points to be 51-60 - 4/1 (10pts per goal, 3pts per corner and booking, 10pts sending off) £5 First goalscorer Podolski - Germany - 8/1 £5 Stats Bet Treble Under 2 Goals - 17/10 25-45pts Bookings - 7/4 10-12 Corners - 21/10 £5 single - Spain to win to 'NIL' - 21/10 £3 First Goalscorer - David Silva - Spain - 12/1 2 x silly £1 bets Germany 3-0 Spain correct score 40/1 Spain HT/Draw FT Total Staked £30.00 Good luck and enjoy the football. :ok :hope

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 In my heart I would love to see Espana win but as already mentioned, ze Germans just seem to oppose form and get the job done. I won't be picking an outright winner but instead will be focusing on some other markets with more value. Man of the Match - Ballack and Fabregas are the obvious picks from either side. One outsider is the spanish keeper Casillas, who could keep the germans from scoring, he had clean sheets against the Italians & Russians. HT/FT selections are purely value bets and are partially based on the Ger v Port game where germany came out quick but nearly let the Portuguese back in. Spain are not a team that panics and I thinks that Aragones has employed Fabregas in his matches perfectly. None of the media hype surrounded Fabregas like it did Ronaldo, and he seems to be peaking just right for the tourney. Main Selections: MOM Ballack 13/2, Fabregas 9/2, Casillas 14/1 Value Selections:HT/FT Ger/Draw 14/1, Ger/Spain 22/1, Spain/Ger 28/1, Spain/Draw 14/1

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 not gonna be betting on outright winner as its too close to call imo - two differing styles meeting, question is who's will prove stronger? however, I'm expecting a german win - others have posted here about the experience and the mentality being a strength for the germans along with added support in the stands. My further point would be that germany have not shone at this tournement and have the potential to raise their game whereas Spain appear to have played pretty much at their best throughout. Question is whether they can maintain that tempo along with the added expectations and change of formation.... Germany to win, but no bet.

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Just going to have a bit on Fabregas to score anytime, in the starting line up and will be asked to get forward and support Torres, can see him getting on the end of something tonight. Fabregas anytime 4/1 @ Hills