** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 A stranger in this forum as I rarely bet of football. However I've played tonight and it's my first proper football bet for sometime. Yes I know Spain always blow it and Germany always grind out the wins but this Spanish side is different - after all they usually blow it long before the final. I do think the longer the game goes on the stronger Germany will be ie pens etc. So the bet for me is Spain 90 mins. If Turkey can cause them problems I'm sure Spain will create enough chances to get at least one goal in normal time. Think Torres will get among the goals tonight he is the sort of player that will produce him best in the final, like Gullit did in 88 (who by his standards was having a poor tourn infront of goal until the final). Spain 90 mins 2.3 betfair Torres First Goal 6 betfair If I'm beat it will be another long time before my next football bet! :lol

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008

A stranger in this forum as I rarely bet of football. However I've played tonight and it's my first proper football bet for sometime. Yes I know Spain always blow it and Germany always grind out the wins but this Spanish side is different - after all they usually blow it long before the final. I do think the longer the game goes on the stronger Germany will be ie pens etc. So the bet for me is Spain 90 mins. If Turkey can cause them problems I'm sure Spain will create enough chances to get at least one goal in normal time. Think Torres will get among the goals tonight he is the sort of player that will produce him best in the final, like Gullit did in 88 (who by his standards was having a poor tourn infront of goal until the final). Spain 90 mins 2.3 betfair Torres First Goal 6 betfair If I'm beat it will be another long time before my next football bet! :lol
Nearly a dream start! ;)

A stranger in this forum as I rarely bet of football. However I've played tonight and it's my first proper football bet for sometime. Yes I know Spain always blow it and Germany always grind out the wins but this Spanish side is different - after all they usually blow it long before the final. I do think the longer the game goes on the stronger Germany will be ie pens etc. So the bet for me is Spain 90 mins. If Turkey can cause them problems I'm sure Spain will create enough chances to get at least one goal in normal time. Think Torres will get among the goals tonight he is the sort of player that will produce him best in the final, like Gullit did in 88 (who by his standards was having a poor tourn infront of goal until the final). Spain 90 mins 2.3 betfair Torres First Goal 6 betfair If I'm beat it will be another long time before my next football bet! :lol
:nana My first big football bet for years - I know when to strike ;) Although I can see Spain getting another soon when Germany press forward, I've played safe and laid off at 1.41 The Torres money already in the bank.

Super! Got both spot on! :cheers Nice call Billy...

The big match will come today evening and every football fan thinks that match."What will happen?" The same question in many people's mind. Germany's adventage is they are taller than Spanish guys and they can be effective in corners and freekicks. And Spanish team make good passes and their midfield is so strong.In the attack David Villa is abscent but Torres and Guiza are ready.Maybe Guiza play second half.Also Ballack is injured and most probably he can't play.It is a very good news for Spain.They will be stronger in midfield. Germany didn't play good football to get the cup I think.Spain is very near to happy end after many years.They want the cup much more than German side. Spain will win
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap Spain play very good and get the cup so we earned money. :D

Re: Germany VS Spain FINAL EURO 2008 Well done to Spain and all those that picked Spain to win and Torres to score! :clap But :eek Germany were appalling!! I'm not sure I've seen a worse performance in a final than that which Germany dished up tonight. The never say die spirit was even gone as players look like they were resigned to victory minutes before the end and the fans looked like they almost just wanted the match over with. Spain should have won by more than they did while Germany just embarrassed themselves at the biggest stage.

My pick for today: Spain-Germany Spain has a better overall team IMO, are in better shape physically and have better stats in the tournament: won all their games, have more goals scored and less goals conceded, have more shots, have more corners, have more assists, have more ball possession and more passes and so on...but this is a final and in a final anything can happen and at this level 2.47 on one team to "raise the Cup" (in this case Germany) is just too good of a price IMO. In the group stage, Germany played a 4-4-2 formation but in the querter-finals against Portugal they changed to a 4-5-1 formation in which they take less risks, stay with 10 (sometimes even 11) men behind the ball line, look for the counter attack and set pieces where they are extremely effective. This is how they (Germany) defeated both Portugal and Turkey in games where the opponents had more of everything except...goals. My pick: Germany to raise the Cup; Good luck! JC
1. Lost (what a ridiculous mistake by Lahm in the Spanish goal) Congratulations to Spain, they were the better team today and in the tournament. :cheers JC

The Sloppy Tips Bet: Under 2.5 goals @ 1.75 Stake: 8/10 Winner Bet: 2nd half to have most goals @ 2.24 Stake: 6/10 Loser Bet: Spain to have more corners @ 1.77 Stake: 7/10 Winner
Totaly staked 21pts Total returned 26.39pts :ok

Euro 2008 Final Bets All bets done with William Hill £10 single - Match action points to be 51-60 - 4/1 (10pts per goal, 3pts per corner and booking, 10pts sending off) £5 First goalscorer Podolski - Germany - 8/1 £5 Stats Bet Treble Under 2 Goals - 17/10 25-45pts Bookings - 7/4 10-12 Corners - 21/10 £5 single - Spain to win to 'NIL' - 21/10 £3 First Goalscorer - David Silva - Spain - 12/1 2 x silly £1 bets Germany 3-0 Spain correct score 40/1 Spain HT/Draw FT Total Staked £30.00 Good luck and enjoy the football. :ok :hope
woooo that won me £189.50 :clap