Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final i'm going for turkey. turkey r under dogs they attack they manager is very good and croatia ain't all that i done turkey 4.00 i put on £100 so i will win £500 all together at bet365 now the odds are 4.50 i hope turkey win come on turkey the come back kings

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Croatia to win this for me. They won all 3 group games (1 with their reserve side) and were also impressive in qualifying. I also like the way Turkey play but the thing that concerns me over them is that they have to go 1-0 down to start playing and that might not be enough in a high stakes game such as this. Croatia have big game players such as Modric, Kranjcar and Olic and have the quality to take this at Evens.

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final sorry for that grammer anyway turkay scored 3 goals in the last 15 min past peter check he is best player but turkay are the kings come on turkay comeback KKKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSS ;)

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Should be an easy win for Croatia.Turkey will be without Volkan and Mahmet Aurelio,while Croatia will have the whole A team available except eventualy Srna due to his injury,further more Croatia rested ten of their main players in the last group match against Poland while Turkey should be pretty exhausted after their last few games.And from what I read in the press Turks are overconfident in themselves and for some reason underestimate Croatia which will probably cost them. I feel more endangered by Turk fans than of their team winnig. Will probably go for 0:1 handicap on Croatia.

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final I think the odds is very generous for Croatia, -1/2 at 1.99 (from my book), am very tempted to go all out on Croatia to win after hearing Turkey losing a lot of their players through suspension and injuries. But I'm wondering how important are those missing players? Not too familiar with Turkish football so any insight is much appreciated!

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final

selamünaleyküm ağalar I ım from TURKEY türkiye 3 hırvatistan 1 TURKEY WINNER
Why don't you go for correct score 3:1 pays 17 to 1 5:1 pays more 101 to 1 :ok GL.
i'm going for turkey. turkey r under dogs they attack they manager is very good and croatia ain't all that i done turkey 4.00 i put on £100 so i will win £500 all together at bet365 now the odds are 4.50 i hope turkey win come on turkey the come back kings
Both of you offered LOUSY explanation / NON on your picks !!! I bet Turkey to catch the same plain with Greeks .Tickets are Booked :rollin:rollin:rollin. Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same spot. From goal.com Emre Gungor is the latest casualty, as a team spokesman announced he will miss the rest of the tournament with a calf strain after being carried off during Turkey’s thrilling 3-2 win over the Czech Republic. Scan taken on Monday revealed the extent of Gungor’s injury, and Turkey coach Fatih Terim must now decide whether to remove the defender from his squad altogether. "The first thing I saw this morning when I woke up was the list of seven players injured or suspended," said Terim said earlier on Monday at a news conference. Croatia to win @ 1.97 betfair GL.

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Hırvatistan v Türkiye Rüştü, Hamit, Emre Aşık, Gökhan Zan, Hakan Balta, Arda, Tuncay, Mehmet Topal, Ayhan (Sabri), Semih, Nihat our best goalkeeper volkan demirel wont play due to suspended , tomorrow.. and our best defender servet çetin wont play due to injury.. at the same time , emre güngör (defender) and defencive midfielder aurelio wont play either.. these are very important missings for us.. especially , emre aşık and gökhan zan are very terrible together.. i hate these guys cause these are like bomb.. rüştü will replace volkan but i worry his performance cause he was injured for a long time.. and he was back from injury.. but we have very imperessive attacker like arda, nihat and tuncay şanlı..these are very creative player especially arda turan.. i watched crotia first match to austria and i didnt like this team cause second half they were so poor.. but they play very fast and have very creative players like modric.. but crotia has not a strong defence.. and their goalkeeper runje is big problem as me.. he played for beşiktaş e few years ago.. over 2,5 ; 2.25 sportingbet turkey wins(value) ; 4.75 bet365

Hırvatistan v Türkiye i watched crotia first match to austria and i didnt like this team cause second half they were so poor.. but they play very fast and have very creative players like modric.. over 2,5 ; 2.25 sportingbet
Now I untherstand what are you talkling about.
Bilic (crats coatch) have told to his players: We don't need to win against Austria. I don't wont yellow cards & injury players. We must win Germany....
We must not won England, but we ware only because we could. We must not won Poland, but we ware only because we could. (with B team) Now we must win Turkey, so we will because we can beat anyone.

Croatia vs Turkey, 20.06.2008 at 20:45 Croatia are favourites but the question is if they can get used to this role. Bilic fielded the reserve squad against Poland but the players convinced him that he can count on them at any time. We will see how Croatia will manage catenaccio; they don’t handle defensive squads well but they rely on the individual quality of their players. Croatia certainly won’t underestimate the rivals, instead they are preparing for the exhausting fight where they will probably have to face rival’s catenaccio. There are some lessons from the game against Czech Republic that should be learned. Croatia’s main preoccupation will be to stop ball being distributed to fabulous Nihat who could be too fast for a bit slow Kovac and Simunic. For Turkey, Terim hopes that excellent defender Servet Cetin will be ready but even if he appears on the pitch, he could feel some traces of his injury. With a combined line-up against a objectively better squad, the question is how Turkey will manage. I believe that this match will be similar to the one in the opening when Turkey were beaten by Portugal. It will all be harder now since they are decimated by injuries which will reflect their defense. I get the impression that Turkey arrived on this championship underestimated which helped them a lot in group A duels. Croatia win.:hope Last 5 Croatia matches: 16.06.2008 GROUP B Poland-Croatia 0:1 12.06.2008 GROUP B Croatia-Germany 2:1 08.06.2008 GROUP B Austria-Croatia 0:1 31.05.2008 FRIEND Hungary-Croatia 1:1 24.05.2008 FRIEND Croatia-Moldavia 1:0 Last 5 Turkey matches: 15.06.2008 GROUP A Turkey - Czech Rep. 3:2 11.06.2008 GROUP A Switzerland - Turkey 1:2 07.06.2008 GROUP A Portugal - Turkey 2:0 29.05.2008 FRIEND Finland - Turkey 0:2 25.05.2008 FRIEND Turkey - Uruguay 2:3 :cheers

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final After the goalfest of the 1st Qtr Final I am expecting a low scoring game. Croatia have been involved in 2 x 1-0 games so far in this tourney. The ref Rosetti has also been involved in 2 x 1-0 games (Gre 0-1 Rus & Swi 0-1 Czch). Turkey had an expensive match against the Czech's, I don't think they will be able to repeat that performance with a depleted squad, this should be their last match. Selection: Croatia 4/5 PP Interest Bets: Correct Score 1-0 5/1 & 2-0 7/1 PP

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final With the missing Aurelio, Croatia will dominate the midfield and it is there that the game will be done. I expect Modric to be able to control proceedings from midfield and providing that Croatia can take their chances then it should be ok for Croatia. I think Turkey will score as they have shown that they can throw themselves forward and grab a goal but in the end I don't think they will have what it takes to knock out Croatia. I expect Croatia to win 2-1 or 2-2, the second scoreline if Turkey do their usual and grab a dramatic late goal. Croatia will still progress though and so I'm going to cover the 2 scorelines and Croatia to qualify. I am also going to look at the yellow cards market as I'm starting to identify the players that will get cards and so there could be value there.

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Croatia-Turkey Croatia is having a great tournament but IMO they're surely overpriced here. Croatia has a 6-2-2 record in their last 10 overall. Turkey also has a 6-2-2 record in their last 10 overall and IMO they have a very important fcator in their favour: momentum! Yes, Croatia won all 3 games in the group stage so far and that's also good momentum for them, but the way Turkey won a tough match against the hosts Switzerland (injury time goal...that actually screwed my draw bet at the time) and won in a dramatic fashion against the Czech Republic gives them (Turkey) extra fuel! Turkey will be without their main keeper but substitue Rustu is even far more experienced (he just wasn't the 1st choice in the group games). Both teams have also scored in 8 of their last 10 games so I also see more than 2 goals as very likely in this game. The price is just far to high on Turkey to qualify to let it pass, so I'll take it... My picks: Turkey to qualify (3.11) and >2 (1.74); Good luck! JC

Croatia-Turkey Croatia is having a great tournament but IMO they're surely overpriced here. Croatia has a 6-2-2 record in their last 10 overall. Turkey also has a 6-2-2 record in their last 10 overall and IMO they have a very important fcator in their favour: momentum! Yes, Croatia won all 3 games in the group stage so far and that's also good momentum for them, but the way Turkey won a tough match against the hosts Switzerland (injury time goal...that actually screwed my draw bet at the time) and won in a dramatic fashion against the Czech Republic gives them (Turkey) extra fuel! Good luck! JC
What are you talking about? You mix friends and officials games! We are talkling abot Turkey who lost from Greece, and remis with Moldova and Malta. Croatia had to won England home & away and remi with Rusia.
Nov 21, 2007 European Championships Turkey 1 - 0 Bosnia-Herzegovina Nov 17, 2007 European Championships Norway 1 - 2 Turkey Oct 17, 2007 European Championships Turkey 0 - 1 Greece Oct 13, 2007 European Championships Moldova 1 - 1 Turkey Sep 12, 2007 European Championships Turkey 3 - 0 Hungary Sep 08, 2007 European Championships Malta 2 - 2 Turkey Jun 02, 2007 European Championships Bosnia-Herzegovina 3 - 2 Turkey Mar 28, 2007 European Championships Turkey 2 - 2 Norway Mar 24, 2007 European Championships Greece 1 - 4 Turkey Oct 11, 2006 European Championships Turkey 5 - 0 Moldova Oct 07, 2006 European Championships Hungary 0 - 1 Turkey Sep 06, 2006 European Championships Turkey 2 - 0 Malta
Turkey score 25 : 13
Nov 21, 2007 European Championships England 2 - 3 Croatia Nov 17, 2007 European Championships Macedonia FYR 2 - 0 Croatia Oct 13, 2007 European Championships Croatia 1 - 0 Israel Sep 12, 2007 European Championships Andorra 0 - 6 Croatia Sep 08, 2007 European Championships Croatia 2 - 0 Estonia Jun 06, 2007 European Championships Croatia 0 - 0 Russia Jun 02, 2007 European Championships Estonia 0 - 1 Croatia Mar 24, 2007 European Championships Croatia 2 - 1 Macedonia FYR Nov 15, 2006 European Championships Israel 3 - 4 Croatia Oct 11, 2006 European Championships Croatia 2 - 0 England Oct 07, 2006 European Championships Croatia 7 - 0 Andorra Sep 06, 2006 European Championships Russia 0 - 0 Croatia
Croatia score 28 : 8

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Croatia -0.5 @1.90 Croatia take care of business in 90 min. The Turks will be missing Aurelio who has really kept control of the midfield and Servet who has been by far Turkey's best defender. Croatia should boss the midfield and create enough goals through Turkey's leaky backline.

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Tempted to place a draw, but I have a sneaky feeling that Turkey can nick this one in regulation time. They are capable of pilling pressure on opponent's defence and Croatia will crack under pressure. But, Croatia will score as well. So a TG Over is tempting. Initial Picks TG Over 2.25 @ 2.02 Turkey @ 4.38 Going for a high scoring match, so Turkey 3 - 1 @ 67 Turkey 2 - 1 @ 17 Turkey 4 - 2 @ 81 More on my picks later today...

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final All world bet on Croatia,but Turkey team players know,that this match maybe will be last in championship and we saw this team have strong character.Agree with shef and JCtips about this match. Small bet Turkey to qualify (3.11) .

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Agree with Malcomas on this one. Banker under 2.5. I just see this as being a very tight game with a single goal deciding, if not a scoreless draw. The Turks will battle to the end, but with their midfield General missing, I don't think they will have the quality to attack with the gusto they showed against the Czechoslovakians (a team past their sell by date for sure) Croatia are not a flash in the pan. The spirit of'98 is certainly with them.

Tempted to place a draw, but I have a sneaky feeling that Turkey can nick this one in regulation time. They are capable of pilling pressure on opponent's defence and Croatia will crack under pressure. But, Croatia will score as well. So a TG Over is tempting. Initial Picks TG Over 2.25 @ 2.02 Turkey @ 4.38 Going for a high scoring match, so Turkey 3 - 1 @ 67 Turkey 2 - 1 @ 17 Turkey 4 - 2 @ 81 More on my picks later today...
Agree with you mate. I was also temped for a draw, but this tournament is almost without draws. I think it will be high scoring match, both teams are good. So my choice is over 2,5, over 3,5 and small bet on Turkey. I think they are a little better than Croats. Good luck. :cheers

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final my local bookie gives the following bets: Which team will have more shots to the target Which team will have more corners Which team will have more offsides Which team will get the first yellow card Do you see any bet that is worth betting on? Or it's just a roulette? thanks

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final cant see past Croatia here, aslong as they dont change the way they've been playing, Turkey have been lucky in their matches against the Swiss and Czech's with a deflected late goal and a goal simply handed on a plate to them by Cech. Turkey also have a few injury problems at the back, also goalkeeper and captain Volkan Demirel is suspended, so veteran keeper Rustu will be between the sticks. Croatia WIN @ 10/11

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Croatia - Turkey 2 Croats play good but I think that today is Turkey day. Team is in very good psychological position, they are not favorites, they have self-confidence because very good match against Czech. They will have fanatic crowd and they will win! Stats and odds: http://www.bari91.com/index.php?page=3&lid=2804&id=97&h=4037&a=4023 Betfair - 5.10

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Croatia -1 (EH) There is real presence of team unity and focus about the Croatian team as they see these championships as an opportunity for the world to stand and really notice the quality they have in their side. They have grown in stature during the tournament that was evidenced by their convincing win over Germany, and now would be feeling confident of beating Turkey, who are missing some key players like Cetin and Aurelio. While the Turks will battle hard, the quality they are missing in the midfield and the backline will see these weaknesses exposed as the Croatians are on a mission, and with the way they beat the Germans, this should see the likes of Modric, Rakitic and Kranjcar cause plenty of problems for Turkey. Turkey has shown a tendency to concede goals and while the Croatian defence is underrated. Croatia should win this by a couple of goals.

Re: Croatia v Turkey - 2nd Quarter Final Croatia v Turkey A draw match is overdued. The tournaments owes us a draw match. The Portugese ran out of ideas last night against the Germans, else we would've witnessed pure entertaining football and possibly a 4-4 draw. But I was glad I was right to say that there would be a winner in the match by the time 90 minutes plus extra time is over. Unhappy that against the Portugese, the Germans decided to finally come out and play decent football for once in this tournament. Someone please kick Ricardo in the balls, the short f**k. For what it is worth, I honestly think that Portugal made the Germans look good, not because the Germans were superior. And, Cristiano Ronaldo was not subdued by the Germans, he just decided not to play football. That aside, no, the draw match won't happen tonight. Yes, Croatia will not face off Germany for the second time in this tournament either. Turkey, as we have witnessed, are masters at pilling the the right amount of pressure on the opponents defence. We may want to fool ourselves by saying that the Croatians have a solid backline, but, as what happened against the Germans, they are vulnerable when opponents attack with purpose & inject pace going forward. If Turkey manage to get their skillful players on the ball more often, Croatia will have a handful. In order for the Croatians to stops the Turks, they need to neutralize Nihat Kahveci. Kahveci have been on form and played an integral part in helping Turkey reach the quarterfinals. Croatia's game revolves around playing short passes and spreading the ball wide when there's an opening for their flank players to move into. The fact that the Turks are hardworking players, I would think that the space down the flanks would be limited as players like Modric & Srna would be closed down quickly by the Turkish defence. But, a word of caution, Croatia have the depth in squad to outplay the Turks. Against Poland, fielding a second string side, the Croats impressed and Slovan Bilic can call upon any one of them if ever the chips are down. Turkey is not a team that plays for 90 minutes. They play in scattered periods over 90 minutes, especially in the final 10 minutes. If Croatia can inflict the killer blow or blows when the opportunity comes, and close down Turkey when they come out to play, then Turkey will pack their bags tonight. Just for the fun of it, here's what I think (and hope) will happen tonight:- 0 minutes - Croatia kick-off, throw in Croatia. 1 - 10 minutes - Turkey have an attacking spell and continues to pump balls into the Croatian penalty box. 20+ minutes - A swift counter attack sees the Turkish team get a scrappy goal, Turkey 1 - Croatia 0 Half-time 50+ minutes - Modric gets injured and Croatia are forced to make a substitution, a few minutes later, Turkey score a second. Croatia reply with a goal barely 2 minutes later, Turkey 2 - Croatia 1 70+ minutes - A scuffle ensues, both teams get a man each sent off. 75+ minutes - Croatia equalize from the penalty spot. Game on., Turkey 2 - Croatia 2 80+ minutes - Croatia continue to lay siege on the Turkish defence. 88 minutes - Turkey break away and scores from 30 yards...a thunderbolt, Turkey 3 - Croatia 2 90+ minutes - Croatia's hearts are broken, Turkey scores from the spot to make the scoreline, Turkey 4 - Croatia 2 Best case scenario for me. I feel that Turkey will go on the offence right from the first whistle. When two traditionally strong teams like Italy or Germany play each other, it is normal to expect both teams to play cautiously in the first half and only open up in the second half, hence, why normally the game would be decided by a goal or two. But these are two teams are fighting teams. They are not tournament favourties and they are out to prove their doubters wrong. Matches that pit teams like these together would normally burn holes in the back of the net. The goals would be flowing tonight, definitely. The scoreline would be 3 - 1, 3 - 2 or 4 - 2 to either side. Majority of the goals would come in the second half. So if you're a betting man, I would save some cash for the total goals bet. Keep your "Live Betting" window open. Good luck all :cheers