Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday)

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Pick over 2 goals @2.0 Canbet As usual there has been an over compensation in odds due to early tournament trends. So far in the tournament there has only been 1 over in first 6 matches, however arguably both Portugal and Germany games should have gone over so nothing really in this early trend in my opinion. Now significantly we have a scenario where both teams have to win or their tournament is most probably over. The Turkish looked wide open at the back against Portugal and now have serious doubts over key defenders. The Swiss of course miss Frei which is a negative but with home support we can expect a decent effort from them. One goal should make this a really open game, decent chances at this low line and nice price. A clear value bet.

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday)

I think both defenses were not the best after i saw both their opening games & although neither team looked full of goals i am going for desmond correct score 2-2 @ 30 on BF. Good Luck all! :ok
What does going for desmond mean? :unsure

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Desmond Tutu (2-2! Get it? :lol Primarily slang for the grade of university degree though.). Over 2.5 goals/3 goals or more is 13/8 over at Sportingbet. Without Alexander Frei in the fray this is a helluva bet to go with even if both sides have to go 'hell for leather' trying to get three points. Total booking points is set at a general less than 31/31-55/over 55 points using the general 10 points for a yellow card, 25 points for a red card system. They're predicting carnage and bad blood to continue to boil over from their 2006 encounter in which Turkey won 4-2 but didn't go to the World Cup because of the away goals rule (EIGHT yellow cards in that match).

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday)

Desmond Tutu (2-2! Get it? :lol Primarily slang for the grade of university degree though.). Over 2.5 goals/3 goals or more is 13/8 over at Sportingbet. Without Alexander Frei in the fray this is a helluva bet to go with even if both sides have to go 'hell for leather' trying to get three points. Total booking points is set at a general less than 31/31-55/over 55 points using the general 10 points for a yellow card, 25 points for a red card system. They're predicting carnage and bad blood to continue to boil over from their 2006 encounter in which Turkey won 4-2 but didn't go to the World Cup because of the away goals rule (EIGHT yellow cards in that match).
:$ :lol Never heard it be called that before! I don't think that's a bad shout, I have the Swiss to win 1-0 in BH's Tipsters challenge but wasn't aware of the history when I made my pick. I think without Frei, the Swiss will have to keep the game tight if they want to get anything from the game. We've seen on Saturday that the Swiss can dominate games without getting anything from them due to not accurate finishing. So I wouldn't be convinced on thinking the Swiss will score 2 myself. Shame there's no market on 'more cards than goals' though!

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Switzerland v Turkey yes, we didnt play good football to portekeiz at first match, but fatih terim made lots of mistakes.. he wanted to have only 1 point and played very defencive team.. arda, gökdeniz didnt play these players very creative players for us... today arda will play definitly.. emre bölezoğlu wont play today.. he is injured.. it is not important cause he is not ready for this tournement.. servet and gökhan zan are doubtfull.. but emre aşık and emre güngör can replace them.. turkey will play 4-4-2 today.. and will play very offencive.. i watched switzerland first match.. and i dint like that team.. i was scared only 1 player frei and he is injured.. and this team will play with 3 turkish player, gökhan inler, hakan yakın and eren derdiyok.. i can say this thet these players can not play for turkish national team cause they are not enough..you can see difference between turkey and swiss.. it will be lots of turkish supporters in the stadium i think 20.000-25.000.. we have to win taht match and we will.. bookies make very big mistake here, believe me turkey will desteroy swiss today.. turkey straight wins; 3.25 (value) bet365 turkey/turkey ; 6.00 (value) turkey not to lose; 1.61 (banker) over 2.5 ; 2.4

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Mmmm, quite a tricky one is this. Before the tournament I had this down as a 1-0 Swiss win and even though Alexander Frei is an absentee for the hosts they must still be fancied to score against a weak looking Turkish defence. There is no doubt that Turkey's strength is going forward but can they find a way past a reasonably tight Swiss defence? On ITV last night they showed footage of a Swiss training session and their fans remain upbeat despite their opening round defeat. They were rather unlucky not to take a point from their opener against the Czech's and I think the key man could be Tranquillo Barnetta tonight. He got himself into some great positions in the last game, but was uneconomical with his final ball. Even after Frei had gone off the Swiss pressed on and deserved a point. With the backing of the fans the Swiss will be up for this one and it represents their best shot at making it out of the group before arguably their toughest fixture of the group in the final round - Portugal. Quite simply, its all or nothing for them. I've backed the Swiss win at 6/5, if pushed into making a score predicition I'd probably stick with the 1-0.

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Bet365 are doing DRAW/TURKEY @ 6/1 which I think is huge. Both teams need to get something so for the first half they could stand back a little and try to nick a goal near to full time. The Swiss have lost captain and playmaker, Alexander Frei, which is a huge blow and I just think Turkey can 'battle' harder. Should be an explosive game after these 2 sides met inthe WC.

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Both teams need to win to stand any chance of progressing, if Turkey can sneak a win then they will fancy their chances against the Czech in the final group game, they were out-classed by Portugal but face a moderate Swiss team tonight, should be plenty of fire/bite in this one after there fierce battle in a world cup play-off qualifying games. Want to back Turkey for the win but with both centre-backs struggling with fitness over 2.5 is a safer option at a tasty price. Over 2.5 goals @ 15/8

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Swiss v Turkey Both teams are likely to go on the attack tonite and leave gaps behind in defence. However, the Swiss defence looked more solid than the Turks in the opening match against Czech & Portugal respectively. In Frei, the Swiss have lost their most potent striker and the goals may be hard to come by tonite. The Turks will be without Emre and this will leave a void in the creativity department. I expect another coin-toss and we're in for a roller coaster ride for this match. An overs also look tempting.

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Over 2 Goals looks to me very good value at 1.9 odd! We have just 2 Unders in 8 games, of course this says that euro 2008 started very carefully with teams taking no risk at all. Just one game enden with both teams to score Spain 4-1 Russia. i'm expexting exactly in this game both teams to score! and taking a Over 2 goals too with 1.9 odd !!! good luck all!!! Switzerland - Turkey Over 2 goals 1.9@omnibet 7/10 :hope Both teams to score 2@omnibet 7/10 :hope

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) I'll be on the home side here. Switzerland are a solid team that don't take many risks. I think Turkey will underestimate them and go into this as if it was a neutral game, forgetting they are actually away from home and most of the stadium is against them. Turkey just scraped the qualifying ahead of Norway, who are particularly poor. This Turkey team isn't very good and I think the Swiss will wear them down. Switzerland Clean Sheet @ 2.48 is tempting for me. Turkey are one of those sides, like Russia, who enjoy playing at home. 2.24 is enough to make me take a chance on Switzerland with the home advantage.

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Over 3.5 Both teams are desperate for a win and should be an open game, as the winner is gone from the tournament. The Swiss were unlucky not to have scored against the Czechs and if they play the same, they should be able to score on the Turkish defence, which has never been renowned as being very good and if there two central defenders are out, then they could be in all sorts of trouble. As for Turkey, they showed glimpses of their attacking flair against the Portuguese and the Swiss defence will have to work harder than they did against the Czechs. Players like Senderos don't instill alot of confidence so look to the Turks to expose some of their frailities at the back. Both teams should score and as both teams need to win, there should be some goals in it.

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Im on Switzerland at 5/4. Thought they should have beat The Czechs and although Frei is a big miss, The Turkish defence is not upto much. They will be cheered on by a passionate home support here and I get the feeling that will just edge this. Swiss to win 2-1.

Re: Switzerland v Turkey (Wednesday) Chelsea have named Luiz Felipe Scolari as their new manager in succession to Avram Grant. Scolari, who is currently in charge of Portugal at Euro 2008, will take over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July.