Spain v Russia (Tuesday)

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Im gonna back Spain here due to the fact that I dont think the Russians are all that really. Arshavin is suspended for their opening two games and with him being their playmaker, is a big miss. Striker Pogrebnyak is also missing and he looked mightily impressive when helping Zenit muller Bayern in the Uefa Cup in April. They lost 3-0 at Wembley and in my opinion were lucky to beat England 2-1 in their home game. They also lost in Israel and are only at the tournament due to England going missing for the last few games. Spain have class throughout with players like Fabregas, Torres and Villa and should win this with a bit in hand. Paddy Power offer 3/4 which seems decent value.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) alright whu i got spain to win outright and i want to put a bet on this match but i dunno. russia are no mugs and as u saw from the uefa cup they can take out big teams. i dont know much about russia but i would want to c the kind of team spain put out first before making my bet. gl mate :ok

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Im not a big fan of The Spanish but I reckon they are worth a bet here at 4/5. Russia will miss Arshavin hugely imo and with Torres and Villa up front, Spain should have no problems finding the net. I think 4/5 is actually decent value even though they have proven themselves as an underachieving nation in the past.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Need Spain to complete the accumulator, anything less than a really good defensive performance from Russia should see Spain win this considering the attacking talent they have, namely in Torres.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) A bit on the fence on this one. I would like to think that the Russians can muster out a draw in a match dominated by the Spaniards. We all know that the strong teams don't always get the results since the weaker teams would close them down very quickly. Hiddink is a smart coach and without two of their best players, the Russians are still very much capable of pulling a rabbit or two out of the hat. I don't really see anything special that the Spaniards can offer apart from Torres, and the Spaniards need 5 Torresses to win this game. If all of them perform up to par, a Spaniard win is a certain, but if Russia contain them, then the Russians will get an unlikely draw. The Russians would favor the underdog tag, as they perform well when there is no heavy expectations from them.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Sport Football (Internationals) Event Spain v Russia Selection Only one team to score Strength 10/10 Date 10/06/2008 Bookmaker/Price Tab @ 2.10 (Back) Reasoning Russia under Hiddink will be solid at the back and the game should be fairly tight. However I believe the Spanish side will prevail through class and win with a clean sheet. However, I get the feeling that a surprise Russian win to nil is more likely than the 0-0, so have gone for this option as it feels stronger.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Undertaker, I would also like to see the starting 11 before making a big bet as ive heard Fabregas will be 'rested' what for I dont know. Honest Al, I heard they were ordinary too but that was a friendly and I wouldnt be too worried about that. GL everyone.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Easy for me this. Russia missing key players and it will show on the pitch, it will be all spain. Spain may not perform to the level they should do usually at big tournaments but this is going to be a spain win for me. Once that 1st goal goes in itll be good night russia.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Sport Football (Internationals) Event Spain-Russia Selection Spain Strength 10/10 Date 10/06/2008 Bookmaker/Price >Paddy Power @ 1.75 (Back) Reasoning My bet here will be on Spain as i doubt that Russia can resist them in this moment as they are very strong and they are playing very well since last year.Also Russia will be without Pogrebnyak and Arshavin two very important players and i doubt that they can score against Spain here.Also Russia defence isnt unbeateble and i strongly believe that Spain will score goal and open this match as after that they will have more chances to score as Russia will go forward.Spain is just too good here and if they can play on their level they will not have nay troubles against Russian team.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Spain -1 (EH) Very impressed with quality and depth of the Spaniards and believe they will go far in this tournament. With Torres up front having a great season at Liverpool they have a proven goalscorer, and if Aragones decides to play Villa alongside him, i doubt the Russians will be able to contain both of them. Midfield is full of talent, and if Fabregas may miss out, then that tells you how good the others are. As for Russia, while they have a very good coach in Huddink, the loss of Arshavin for this game is massive. They were fortunate to qualify as their home ground game them a distinct advantage but they were average travellers on the road, and will struggle to match it up with Spain. Spain should win this by easily by at least a couple of goals.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) I am going for Spain - Russia have key players missing and despite having a great manager, Russia flatter to deceive due to Englands truly abysmal qualification campaign. Also, Spain have Torres, who has to be, if fully fit, the best finisher in the game at the moment. Spain will hope for an early goal to soften up the Russians - it could be a win by two or three. Spain to win:hope

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) think out of all the 1st set of games this match has upset written all over it . Russia have scored 12 goals in the last 3 games and only let in 2 so even with key players out they should create chances. At the back Russia are solid as are Spain , 0-0 or Russia to win by 1 goal

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday)

Undertaker, I would also like to see the starting 11 before making a big bet as ive heard Fabregas will be 'rested' what for I dont know. Honest Al, I heard they were ordinary too but that was a friendly and I wouldnt be too worried about that. GL everyone.
He's not being rested, Aragones just favours Xavi & Iniesta in the middle who play so well for Barcelona there.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) possibly how the Spaniards will line up, Iker Casillas Sergio Ramos Carlos Puyol Carlos Marchena Joan Capdevila Andrés Iniesta Marcos Senna Xavi Hernandez David Jiménez Silva David Villa Fernando Torres think Spain will win this, depends on how long it takes them to break the Russians down, otherwise we could end up with another France/Romania:zzz:cry game, Iniesta and Silva will need to provide the ammo for Torres and Villa.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) I definately think this is one to bet in running after the first 5-10 minutes to see how the teams shape up. On paper Spain should be comfortable, but Russia arn't a week team and Guus Hiddink knows what he's doing in these tournaments. Two possible angles are; Time of first goal : After 28th minute @ 2.05 As said, its going to be a tight game as most of the others have been. The first half hour will be cagey and theres some value in this imo. Russia not to score @ 1.66 Odds arn't brilliant to be fair, but Spain look fairly solid at the back, and without the creativity of Arshavin it will be difficult for the Russians to create many chances.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) I'm taking Pavlyuchenko not to score at 1.23 :) still believe another under games today, little bit unexpectible game this evening with greeks and sweeds, but spain should get the points from this mach, for sure it will be very hard to do for them... but i'll take Roman not to score with odd 1.23! Pavlyuchenko not to score 1.23 10/10

Need Spain to complete the accumulator' date=' [/quote'] Same here. :hope Russia are a young side that will play with no fear but they are obviously going to miss Arshavin, one of their best players, just like France looked lost without Henry yesterday. I can see quite a few goals happening here, Iniesta and Xavi should provide the service from midfield for Villa and Torres so I'll go 3-1 Spain.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) gonna wait til just b4 kickoff but i think spain should win this.. a few weeks ago i posted that spain should win this game comfortably but im now a little bit less confident especially after yesterdays results.. cmon torres and ibrahimovic. i need 1st goals from you 2 to get doubles with my 10/1 kubica bet on sunday. gl all

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Spain: Casillas; Ramos, Puyol, Marchena, Capdevila; Senna; Iniesta, Xavi, Silva; Villa, Torres. Russia: Akinfeyev; Anyukov, Kolodin, Shirokov, Zhirkov; Semak, Zyryanov, Semshov, Bilyaletdinov, Sychev; Pavlyuchenko.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) I've gone for Spain to win most corners @ 1.44. I think that Spain ought to be the most dominant force, especially seeing as they have a combative midfield which means that the Russians may struggle to get past the half way line. I think that Spain will want to impress early, especially after the Dutch's 3-0 victory against Italy. I think they will want to be noticed and so for me the corners count to Spain ought to be a winner.

Re: Spain v Russia (Tuesday) Fabregas , Xabi Alonso and Güiza waiting on the bench.. Its a little suprise for me. And Arbeloa too.. Sergio Ramos and Silva are question marks for their positions at right wing. Zhirkov is a handle winger, also Spanish defence will face crunch times when Bilyaletdinov dribble to line. Now, here is a little factor for affect the match result. Can Russia will may to Spain make ball in 2nd zone? Or try to break of Spanish playmakers (Xavi and Senna) deep passes on their penalty area? If i know Hiddink a little bit, he thought wait with patiently in their half and make counter attacks, also his zone arrangement showing this opinion. My opinion about this match: Half time 0, match result Spain win. And under 2,5

I've gone for Spain to win most corners @ 1.44. I think that Spain ought to be the most dominant force' date=' especially seeing as they have a combative midfield which means that the Russians may struggle to get past the half way line. I think that Spain will want to impress early, especially after the Dutch's 3-0 victory against Italy. I think they will want to be noticed and so for me the corners count to Spain ought to be a winner.[/quote'] :wall Soon as the game started I questioned my pick as Russia started with a 5 man midfield. Frustrating as I wish I had just gone for the Spain win, at bigger odds, which came off. Still sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it's just about the enjoyment that comes with it and I still enjoyed a great 70 minutes of football! :D