Holland v Italy (Monday)

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) I think could well be a 0-0 draw, hard to separate both teams really. Both have injury problems and I think both teams will be very cautious, at least until the 2nd half. Im going for a 0-0 @11/2.

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) Holland dropped 7 points in qualifying, with 2 draws against the stronger teams in their group and 1 away loss. Italy also dropped 7 points in qualifying, ( 2 Draws 1 away loss) Holland Injuries mentioned this morning - Robben, Babel, Van Persie (wont be risked by van basten if not fully fit), Melchiot, Sneijder. Italy Injuries mentioned this morning - Cannavaro (Out), Panucci (50/50) from bbc.co.uk Holland have a weak midfield if injuries don't clear - De Zeeuw, Engelaar, De Jong, Van der Vaart. You can't fault their forwards, they can do a job but will they get the ball from midfield. Italy will want to win this match even with just a 1-0 scoreline - to give them a cushion against the French and the dark horses Romania. The Italian midfield will be the crux of this match, deny the supply to the dutch forwards and take their time breaking down the defense. Selection: Italy 6/4 PP Interest Bet: CS 0-1 5/1, 0-2 9/1 PP

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) I'm on the 0-0 as well here. Holland only shipped 5 in qualifying but at the same time they only bagged a paltry 15. Italy are renowned for their patient approach and would play for the 1-0 if they could. The last meeting between these two in a major tournament ended up a 0-0 draw and Italy are the team with the most 0-0's previously in this competition (six). Conincidentally, Holland are next on that list with 5! :hope

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) For me this is going to be very open game, not much to calculate both teams want win, so my pick for today Euro 2008 game is over 2.5 goals, maybe we will see four goals at this game:hope :cheers

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday)

I think could well be a 0-0 draw, hard to separate both teams really. Both have injury problems and I think both teams will be very cautious, at least until the 2nd half. Im going for a 0-0 @11/2.
Agree with this but i'm taking no goalscorer @ 13/2 with Skybet, only for the fact that own goals don't count towards it.

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) This really has to be a no bet. Unpredictable. Some are saying its gunna be tight and be an under but some are saying its going to be an over with lots of goals. I just cant make my mind up, id go with italy if i had to choose but unless france win i will do what i thinks best and wait until tommorow. I have my dual group forecast anyway in france and italy :ok

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) Italy build their team around their frugal back-line and dont concede many goals in major competitions, the key could be the battle in midfield, Gattuso, Pirlo and De Rossi will battle and fight all day, Di Natale has the pace to trouble the slow Majithsen and Ooijer, The dutch will miss Van Persie, Babel and Robben speed upfront. ITALY win @ 7/5

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) Another tight game for me, Italy even without Cannavaro will be tough to break through & with dis-harmony yet again in the Dutch camp this time with Van Persie & Sjninder full flowing footie does not look hopeful My Picks Italy win Under 2.5 goals

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) Group Stage Bet 4- Italy Draw No Bet @ 1.82 5/10 Been mulling over bets all day in this group and have eventually plumped for Italy DNB at 1.82. Without Robben and perhaps Van Persie and no Van Bommel or Seedorf in the squad I think the Dutch are severely handicapped here. Their defence is also quite vulnerable and in such a big game I just don't think the Italians will get beat. Cannavaro being injured is a big blow for the Azzurri but Chiellini or Barzagli provide adequate cover. In Luca Toni they have one of the form strikers in Europe and he could strike the killer blow for the dutch and Di Natale of Udinese has been in excellent scoring form recently aswell. Big threat of this being a draw as its the 'group of death' and a defeat in the opening game would be a major blow to either team but with the class,experience and tenacity of Pirlo and Gattuso in the centre and the potent Toni up front I think if anyone will nick this it will be the Italians by the odd goal against a Dutch side who still seem mentally fragile.

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) just wondering if anyone else sharing the same thoughts as I on this match. of course all five matches so far have been pretty tight, and yet to see 3 goals in a match. but the players on the pitch today are definitley capable of 3 goals, i actually see this as a 2-1 game for either side. Of course a 1-1 or 1-0 is more likely, but bookies are offering 3.00 for over 2.5 goals! that imo is too great value to pass up and i will root for Toni, Sneijder, Ruud, and co. to come through and find the net. GL all

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) This game will have 2 or more goals, odds at 2.06 should not be missed, yes all games have been under so far. But this is without doubt the best game of the tourny so far, Italy without Cannavaro are not as strong at the back, Holland normally play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs as they like to go forward, we will see a nice free-flowing attacking game. I think there will be at least 2 goals in this so it's worth taking the goal line with Ladbrokes as 2 goals will see a refund. Van Nistelrooy, Toni, Sneidjer, e.t.c Will all want to score... My prediction, 2-1 Holland.

Fooking hell - how far offside was RVN then?! :eek
One of the worst calls that I've seen recently! Still he did well to finish and Sneijder's goal was well worked and I'd say the Dutch deserve to be winning at half time. As I have said elsewhere they are my tip for the European Championships but I'm sure their odds will have decreased somewhat with that first half! :dude Still I'm sure, unless I'm imagining it, that Holland have the tendancy to be rash and throw away games. If so then don't be suprised to see this game end 2-2 with Italy grabbing 2 late second half goals.

but bookies are offering 3.00 for over 2.5 goals! that imo is too great value to pass up and i will root for Toni, Sneijder, Ruud, and co. to come through and find the net.
:clap only 1 more to find the net. Just looking back at the comments, like I said, this could be a tight game 0-0 1-0 to ?? :lol Fooking hell Id have never thought Italy could be 2 down at half time.

This game will have 2 or more goals' date=' odds at 2.06 should not be missed, yes all games have been under so far. But this is without doubt the best game of the tourny so far, Italy without Cannavaro are not as strong at the back, Holland normally play 3 at the back with 2 wing backs as they like to go forward, we will see a nice free-flowing attacking game. I think there will be at least 2 goals in this so it's worth taking the goal line with Ladbrokes as 2 goals will see a refund. Van Nistelrooy, Toni, Sneidjer, e.t.c Will all want to score... My prediction, 2-1 Holland.[/quote'] :clap I put £1000 on this, my profit money from Euros, I won and also won £400 profit from a Holland win. :nana However, I support Italy and Donald Duck better sort out that performance for the next game. Get De Rossi in, start with Grosso and Perrotta.

For me this is going to be very open game, not much to calculate both teams want win, so my pick for today Euro 2008 game is over 2.5 goals, maybe we will see four goals at this game:hope :cheers
It was nice!!!:clap

Re: Holland v Italy (Monday) just goes to show the vagaries of football and gambling, eh ? If you had laid VN to score first you would be sickened at one of the worst decisions ever. A big TV discussion said that technically he was onside if Panucci left the pitch of his own volition, i.e. ran behind the goal to play him offside, but he was actually knocked over by Buffon, so it was not deliberate on his part. The offside rule now seems determined to be in favour of the forwards all the time as they can stand offside if they wish and wait for the defenders to catch up. Then Italy had 2 great chances and immediately after both they conceded ! It was great play by van der Sar and van Bronckhorst and here was me writing off the dutch !! The next round in this group will be huge, and all on Friday 13th !! The legless Italians will have to convert a chance again the dogged and resilient Romanians, while Holland may feel that now they can put the French to the sword. I thought we'd have 2 draws and all to play for but now this is looking very interesting indeed !!