Livin' on the Edge

Hodgey

OK here's my attempt at giving up work!? Well it's a glory hunt right!?! :loon I'll be laying horses where I think the price to lay is value - ie I think I have an edge. Hence the title - Livin' on the Edge! (and also everytime you see this thread the Aerosmith song will start going through your head!) :tongue2 Staking plan will be fixed profit related to bank size and everytime (IF:lol) the bank increases by the end of the day so will the stakes for the next day. If I make a loss on the day the stakes will remain the same. If I make a lot of losses in a row I'll consider revising the stakes for bank preservation but hopefully this won't need to happen. :hope I expect results to be pretty volatile from day to day, but hopefully I'll win in the long run! Initial start bank is 3000 and stakes are 0.5% of the bank so to begin with will be 15.00. Right then that's all the info, now all I need is some selections. Starts this arvo. Wish me luck, I think I may need it.....! :loon

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Livin' on the Edge And as it's a glory hunt I'll be operating a 10 point plan to richness! Well you gotta have targets! :lol The levels are: Level 1 - £250 - Nintendo Wii wiioz9.jpg Level 2 - £500 - Beer for a Year carlinglagerbeeruh0.gif Level 3 - £1000 - La-Z-boy Chair lazboychaireh2.jpg Level 4 - £2000 - 46" TV sonytvkj6.jpg Level 5 - £3000 - Omega Watch omegawatchxh8.gif Level 6 - £5000 - Disneyland floridamagickingdom2wx2.jpg Level 7 - £9000 - Sandals sandalsregencypoolbeachtb3.jpg Level 8 - £17000 - Audi TT audittxl3.jpg Level 9 - £27000 - Cherished Plate 1pmhui1.png Level 10 - £50000 - Porsche 911 911turbosc4.jpg :loon

Re: Livin' on the Edge

Yup.....brilliant haha!! Good luck on your way to riches and early retirement:ok
Cheers mate. :ok Not the best of starts with the long shot winning. :eyes Oh well, Things can only get better! :lol:hope

Cheers mate. :ok Not the best of starts with the long shot winning. :eyes Oh well, Things can only get better! :lol:hope
Tell me about longshots. Currently toying around with something myself and Friday saw 3 10/1 shots come in at 13.5, 1 9/1 at 13.5 and a 15/2 also with similarily nasty odds. Every time I think I'm going to put it out there I lose almost half my bank in a couple days:$

Great stuff' date=' lots of luck![/quote'] Thanks mate. :ok Yes I expected nothing but a loser to start with! Small consolation for me in that cos of the 2 withdrawals the price was reduced to 8.60 on the winner. But it was still a dirty horse barging the other one! :lol Good luck with yours mate. :ok

Ouch on Portrush Storm :sad Better luck for future races! :hope
Yeah not happy with that. It went off at 4.50 on Betfair too, but that's just the way it goes with laying. You win some you lose some on the prices swings. Cheers mate. :ok

Re: Livin' on the Edge Leicester 14.00 Senatorial 2.26 3rd :D Leicester 14.00 Free Agent 8.60 won :( Carlisle 14.15 Faraway Sound 2.08 unp :D Leicester 14.30 Rainbow Bay 4.80 unp :D Carlisle 14.45 Five Wishes 7.40 unp :D Carlisle 15.15 Princess Maria 6.20 unp :D Carlisle 15.15 Portrush Storm 6.40 won :( Leicester 16.00 Penny Island 4.20 unp :D Carlisle 16.15 Foreign Rhythm 11.00 unp :D Carlisle 16.15 Regal Veil 10.50 unp :D Leicester 16.30 Mushtaaq 4.40 unp :D Leicester 17.00 Blue Citadel 10.50 3rd :D Leicester 17.30 Alucica 12.00 unp :D So 11 winners but 2 losers means the first day ends with a loss of £36.48. Shame about the first race, else it would have been a good day. Bank £2963.52. Stakes stay the same.