** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Livin' on the Edge

Hodgey

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Livin' on the Edge

Without wishing to jinx it.... so far today I've had 7 wins from 8 with the only loser being a 2.54 shorty so profit of £76. :) Now watch the next biggie fly in.... :eyes
I was doing ok at the start of the day until a 12/1 horse came in followed immediately by a 9/1. Wouldn't be so bad but I'm attempting a cutoff of 10/1 and the only 12/1 shots I get within 15.00 invariably end up either winning or coming close to:eyes Any ideas how I can weed out these 12/1's and still get a reasonable number of 10/1's?

I was doing ok at the start of the day until a 12/1 horse came in followed immediately by a 9/1. Wouldn't be so bad but I'm attempting a cutoff of 10/1 and the only 12/1 shots I get within 15.00 invariably end up either winning or coming close to:eyes Any ideas how I can weed out these 12/1's and still get a reasonable number of 10/1's?
How did you manage to lay a 12/1 shot if you're cut off is 10/1? I assume it dipped under 10/1 so you got a match and then it drifted? If so, there's not much you can do about that but if it's true odds were 12/1 and you layed it at 10/1 then at least you got value and in the long run you should win. Another alternative is if one of your horses comes under your cut-off but then drifts past it again you could trade it and lock in the profit?

How did you manage to lay a 12/1 shot if you're cut off is 10/1? I assume it dipped under 10/1 so you got a match and then it drifted? If so' date= there's not much you can do about that but if it's true odds were 12/1 and you layed it at 10/1 then at least you got value and in the long run you should win. Another alternative is if one of your horses comes under your cut-off but then drifts past it again you could trade it and lock in the profit?
Trialling the betfair SP to help combat the steamers as I can't be at PC all the time. Max odds were 15.00 which gets most 10/1 horses but also gets some 12/1 horses. Trouble being that it always seems to pick up every (almost every) 12/1 winner within my system and doesn't get most of the losers. All I can think to do is keep reducing my max odds until this starts to happen less frequently even if that does mean missing out on more 10/1 horses.

How did you manage to lay a 12/1 shot if you're cut off is 10/1? I assume it dipped under 10/1 so you got a match and then it drifted? If so' date= there's not much you can do about that but if it's true odds were 12/1 and you layed it at 10/1 then at least you got value and in the long run you should win. Another alternative is if one of your horses comes under your cut-off but then drifts past it again you could trade it and lock in the profit?
I layed it at 13.08 I think but it's difficult to know what the true odds are for each horse, only as part of a system where 12/1 horses fare badly.

Re: Livin' on the Edge Today's results: Carlisle 14.15 Black Falcon 5.10 unp :ok Carlisle 14.15 Contemplation 7.80 unp :ok Carlisle 14.45 Favourite Girl 2.54 won :$ Sedgefield 15.00 Pips Assertive Way 10.50 unp :ok Carlisle 15.15 Brigadore 10.50 4th :ok Sedgefield 15.30 Ravenscar 10.50 unp :ok Carlisle 15.45 Invincible Lad 10.00 unp :ok Carlisle 16.15 Piverina 8.00 unp :ok Carlisle 16.45 Boy Dancer 6.20 unp :ok So an almost perfect day with 8 winners and just the one loser giving a profit of £91.14. :D

well done today' date=' what is your current total bank?[/quote'] Cheers mate. :) Oops yes forgot to put the bank figure. :$ Bank is now £2789.37 - so still in the red but hopefully on the road to recovery. :hope

Re: Livin' on the Edge Well that's it for today. Ascot 14.30 Finsceal Beo 7.20 3rd :D Thirsk 14.50 Blusher 11.00 unp :D Thirsk 15.25 Violent Velocity 4.80 unp :D Thirsk 16.00 Hula Ballew 5.70 3rd :D Only 4 lays but all of them winning ones so happy with that. Profit on the day of £57.12. :D Bank now £2846.49.

Re: Livin' on the Edge Well that's all for today: Ripon 14.10 Grand Stitch 2.80 unp :dude Warwick 14.20 Laureldean Dream 4.80 3rd :dude Ripon 14.45 Windjammer 7.20 unp :dude Ripon 15.20 Bold Haze 10.50 unp :dude Ascot 15.45 Geordieland 10.00 2nd :dude Ascot 16.20 Hurricane Hymnbook 8.80 unp :dude Warwick 16.45 Golden Prospect 6.60 unp :dude Ascot 16.55 Unnefer 9.60 unp :dude A full house of 8 winning lays for profit on the day of £114.24. Very happy with that. :dude Bank now £2960.73 and nearly back to the starting point!