** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Livin' on the Edge

Hodgey

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Livin' on the Edge Hi mate, Sorry to intrude on your expert laying. Maybe this system would be better suited to place laying? It seems that a lot of horses are unplaced & that there are not a huge amount of horses that come 2nd or 3rd. Just thinking it might suit a better risk profile?

Re: Livin' on the Edge Today's results: Carlisle 14.00 Capo Regime 9.80 unp :ok Salisbury 14.10 Sea Of Leaves 3.00 won :wall Carlisle 14.30 What A Fella 3.80 unp :ok Salisbury 14.40 Deira Dubai 4.50 2nd :ok Carlisle 15.00 Hula Ballew 5.90 unp :ok Worcester 15.25 Native City 5.60 won :wall Worcester 15.25 Changing Lanes 7.20 2nd :ok Carlisle 15.35 Nevada Desert 9.60 unp :ok Salisbury 15.45 Presto Levanter 3.90 3rd :ok Worcester 15.55 Glacial Sunset 9.00 unp :ok Salisbury 16.15 Officer 4.00 unp :ok Salisbury 16.15 Prince Of Thebes 7.40 unp :ok Worcester 16.25 Lord Jay Jay 5.60 won :wall Carlisle 16.35 Orpen Fire 4.60 unp :ok Salisbury 16.50 Moves Goodenough 6.80 3rd :ok Carlisle 17.10 Hes A Humbug 9.80 2nd :ok So then 13-3 today for a small profit of £18.36. Just can't seem to get on a run of 8 or 9 in a row at the moment. Still, it's a little bit back so can't complain. Bank now £2783.22. Loss of £216.78. I might not have time for these tomorrow either but back Friday.

Re: Livin' on the Edge

Hi mate' date=' Sorry to intrude on your expert laying. Maybe this system would be better suited to place laying? It seems that a lot of horses are unplaced & that there are not a huge amount of horses that come 2nd or 3rd. Just thinking it might suit a better risk profile?[/quote'] No worries to intrude mate, all comments/criticisms welcomed. :ok An interesting thought, and one that had crossed my mind too. I will have a look over it tomorrow to see the % that place and then do some rough calcs to see if it seems profitable. :ok

Re: Livin' on the Edge

Hi mate' date=' Sorry to intrude on your expert laying. Maybe this system would be better suited to place laying? It seems that a lot of horses are unplaced & that there are not a huge amount of horses that come 2nd or 3rd. Just thinking it might suit a better risk profile?[/quote'] Well I did some quick calcs and it looks fairly good. The problem I have is I have no definitive place price data and I also didn't note whether the races were handicaps or not so I don't know whether to base my estimate place prices on a fifth of the odds or a quarter. Taking the worst case scenario and guessing at all quarter prices it would be profit of ~£35. If they were all fifth prices it would be ~£235. So it looks like it has potential. Obviously this is not wholly accurate though cos the results also include things like Hula Bellaw which I have as unplaced, but it actually finished 4th which on Betfair due to a non-runner in that race counts as placed. I think the best way forward is to note down actual place prices going forward and see what happens. :ok

Re: Livin' on the Edge I won't be around for the whole afternoon and I've missed a couple of winning lays already so I'm gonna call that a day today. Things just don't feel right! :lol Result: Market Rasen 14.10 Dancewiththestars 11.00 2nd :) Profit of £14.28 on the day. Bank now £2797.50. Loss £202.50. Back on Monday.

Re: Livin' on the Edge Pontefract 14.15 Gulf Coast 11.00 4th :ok Wolves 14.30 Sir Ike 3.75 unp :ok Pontefract 14.45 Flying Valentino 5.10 won :$ Wolves 15.00 Night Prospector 5.70 2nd :ok Pontefract 15.15 Senatorial 4.40 unp :ok Wolves 15.30 Novestar 4.10 unp :ok Pontefract 16.15 Mista Rossa 6.40 unp :ok Wolves 16.30 Stirling Castle 5.00 unp :ok 7 winners and just 1 loser today to give profit of £38.46. :ok Bank £2835.96. Loss of £164.04.