** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Snooker Championships

Re: World Snooker Championships

Lee Vs Swail really like the 6/5 on offer for swail, think both players are evenly matched here, Lee has had the better recent form hence the shorter price but swail is more than capable on his day.
had to wait what felt like an eternity for this game to finish, think the tournie schedule ppl need to sort a few things out, Carter's match with Hawkins went 9-9, just a final frame shoot out to play, yet they had to come off, and wait for Swail/Lee match to finish, which was 7-2 to Swail at the time, surely it would have made more sense to let them finish their match before carrying on with the Swail match. Strange.:spank

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Snooker Championships dont think much is wrong with selby just king is playing quite well. quite impressed with mark williams performance so far too. his opponent isn't putting up a challenge but he does seem to be playing well and confident. was thinking of backing him outright at 33s but it looks like he'll meet ronnie in the next round:unsure

Re: World Snooker Championships This comeback from Davis is reminding me of the 97 Masters final when he came from 8-2 down to beat Ronnie 10-8. Only difference here is he hasn't needed to pot them from the lampshades to get in, his chances are getting given to him this time. Vintage Davis atm though :eek.

Re: World Snooker Championships 3 more. Should've had the balls to do this 1st one before the tournament. 1pt ew M.Williams to win World Championship 33/1 Bet365 (1/2 1,2) Mark Williams has been coming back into form for a while now and he showed that his form is still improving by demolishing Mark Davis in their 1st session. That in itself isn't the greatest form line but the balls he was potting from distance gave me all the indication I need that he's going to be tough to beat in this event. Ronnie O'Sullivan is his likely opponent in the 2nd round which of course isn't ideal but he's not unbeatable and should Williams get past him, he'll have every chance of going the distance. And now a couple of match bets for Tuesday. 10pts D.Junhui vs M.Fu - Over 16 Frames 10/11 Ladbrokes This match is probably the most intriguing match of the tournament and while I was going to back Fu to win this, Ding can light up at any stage so I think this is the safer bet. When the two met at the masters in January Fu won 6-3 but Ding was off colour that night however in a best of 19 frame match I can't see Fu keeping him quiet all the time so Ding looks sure to win frames. Some frames will go scrappy though which suits Fu and whoever wins this match it's hard to see either winning better than 10-7 as they are both such good players. I fancy a tight match which could easily go the distance so I'll take the overs. 10pts J.Perry -1.5 Frames to beat Graeme Dott 8/11 Betfred With or without Dott's fragile mental state I think I'd be on Perry to win this match as he seems to relish the longer matches. However given Dott's current state I think the handicap is just as safe a play. In China last month, Dott looked well out of sorts losing 5-1 to Barry Pinches and a repeat here would see Dott bashed up again. Dott will battle though I'm sure but even at his very best he still wouldn't be guaranteed to win 9 frames against Perry. It won't be easy for Perry knowing he's playing a player with other things more important going on but I'm sure he'll knuckle down and do a professional job and win this 10-8 or better.

Bingham wins 10-8 :sad. Unlucky Woody' date=' those handicap ties are a pain in the arse :sad:sad.[/quote'] Yep if I would have gone with the safer option would have just made it but not to be, cant really complain because from 8-3 up it had every chance. Nice to see Davis play some better stuff in those five frames to make it level, he is much better when he just plays with that bit more aggression and if he could have won that 17th frame he probably would have won it. By then I was rooting for him but not to be and only just in the top 32, its going to be tough to see him back in the top 16 now. Not a great day for me again as another 10-9 went against me with Allen losing a good match to Hendry despite having a couple of good leads and what looked a great chance in the 18th frame before an ambitious shot in the circumstances but that is what you get with him. Some talent though. Anyway down 50 pts so a lot of work to do, I could pick the winner of this and still be down :\ Perry -1.5 frames 8/11 10 pts Agree with what Kev has said, regardless of Dott's problems (I wish him well by the way) Perry has the game and the form to beat Dott and do it slightly easily. Perry who has been in and out of the top 16 for a while now has had a good season, backing up quite a good year last. Provisionally he is just in the top 16 and if he wins this he should secure his spot. Dott this season has been awful after the first event in shanghai where he reached the semi having probably been lucky to beat Holt in his first game. He has not progressed past a single round, on the one year ranks he is out of the 32 (Perry in the top 10.) He is not even completely certain of a top 16 place especially if he loses this and having started at no.2 that says it all. Perry to win and hopefully will do so at the worst 10-8, would be more adventurous but the way Im going this week I think I will play safe. Fu v Ding over 125 break 13/8 10 pts Considered Fun especially given his season compared to Ding's average one and also considered the over 16 frames bet on what looks a tight game on paper and form but went for this over 125 break. I expect there will be quite a lot of frames in this one which increases the chance of one of these two heavy break builders putting in a few big breaks and we just need one. There have been a fair few centuries so far, not really a big one but enough to suggest the tables are playing ok. Ding is a big scorer when he gets in the balls and can knock in the big breaks for fun as can Fu. Definitely one of the most impressive departments of Fu's game this season has been his break building, he has made numerous century breaks and hopefully one of them can knock in a big one here. Harold 6.6 betf 5 pts and +4.5 frames 8/11 10 pts Going for a huge huge shock here. Murphy is a really good player, I dont really like the way he comes across at times but there is no disputing his ability. He has had a top year, bar the first event his record reads in ranking tournaments: four semis and a final not to mention he won in Malta. He is a much more all round player these days, not just a break builder but a good tactical player too. However in Harold he faces a really typical gritty player who has a bit of form this season, on the one year ranks he is just out of the top 16 if you include his points from getting this far already. His is a good safety player and whilst he cant compare with Murphy in the break building department he can in the safety department and that could be very important. I maybe clutching at straws somewhat but i occassionally feel that Murphy is in danger at times of overdoing the safety side of things and negating his normally aggressive play. He probably has the balance right at the minute as his record this year suggests but if he does get drawn into too much of a safety battle that should favour Harold even though Murphy has improved in that respect and at least enable Harold to scrap and fight his way to six frames. After all he pushed him close in China recently in the last 32 there and just a cover on the much more riskier and unlikely win.

Well done mate:clap. You can buy a pair of those trousers with your winnings...Mr I will be jealous:lol
I'll give that a miss I think :$ :lol. That over coming in from the Ding match has put me +6.5pts for the tournament with the Perry handicap still to come. Going with another tomorrow. 10pts A.Hamilton vs S.Maguire - Over 16.5 Frames 11/10 Stan James Stephen Maguire is probably the form man left in the tournament now but he's played a lot of matches and similar to Mark Selby, faces a banana skin here in Anthony Hamilton. Hamilton hasn't had the greatest of seasons but he's a heavy scorer and tends to do well here with 4 quarter finals to his name. Maguire is rightly the favourite here but I think he could struggle to see off the battling Hamilton. We've seen a few close matches in this tournament already and this one has all the makings of another between two heavy scorers. 10-7 either way sees us home and I think that will be the end result.

hello... now maybe too early for picks but i will post some matches where i can see a winner and the odds are not so low.. Bingham to beat Davis 1.62 pinny Swail to beat Lee 2.280 pinny Hawkins - Carter over 16.5 1.8 pinny Perry to beat Dott 1.66 pinny
Won Won Won In-play

Re: World Snooker Championships Who Will score higher break Dohrety - Wenbo Wenbo 2.25 bet 365 Young chinese gun is happy to be in Sheffield...He is young time works for him..never watched him(unfortunetly) but heard he is a very good breakbuilder....In victory against McCulloch he scored several high breaks including a century in final frame...he is still "raw" and ofcourse will be outplayed in safe battels and mind games with Dohrety if the Irish man can break his tempo and slow down a game.. Ken is in my eyes one of the smartest players around....his nickname "the comeback king" tell us that he is a fighter and his defensive game is his "forza"...in my eyes hes not the heavyest scorer and will be thinking how outplay young chinese in safe battels rather than trying to make high breaks with risky long shots...he also can make a big break when in form showed it in malta Dont expect from wenbo to beat Dohrety in this stage and with big format which works better for Dohrety...just reasonig that Wenbo can put his game together in one frame and score a high break.....showed before that he knows how to do it Ebdon - King over 22 2.20 bet 365 King played better than Ebbo in the first round more fluent breaks but this is gonna be a hard task for him... He like to play close matches i think i remember 3-4 really close defets of his with top players...Ebdon is pretty lucky to be in second round unlike king butt i think he will bounce back and perform a good cueaction... Pressure big for both of them and Ebbo likes it and do not expect him to crumble on the other side Kings boost of comfidence with such a big victory will make him even more dangereous...even matchup in my eyes... I see Both of them taking their part of the match a and a long tactical battle with a possible decider...

Re: World Snooker Championships Doherty -2.5 frames 10/11 10 pts Dont know a great deal about liang in truth so some risk here but nonetheless. He has done well to get here winning loads of matches and beating mcculloch in the final qualifying round, but this is a completely different environment and he is bound to be nervous and in doherty he plays such a canny player whos experience could well be the key. Doherty does have a lot of pressure on knowing he has to win to stay in the 16 but he probably wont be that upset with the draw. Sure liang has the bit of the unexpected potentially in him and some recent form but Doherty could have had worse games. His rankings perhaps is slightly false of his recent form as he does have good recent form but mainly in non ranking events such as Malta and the Masters where he was awesome at times. If he recaptures anything like the masters form, liang will have to be extremely good to get 8 frames.

Marco Fu @ 2.5 to beat Ding Junhui is abit of value imo' date= Marco has had a much better season than Ding reaching the semi-final in the masters and in winning the grand prix. There last meeting at the masters Marco came out on top and can do again here. If Ding comes out and plays his best game then he deserves to be favourite but he hasn't exactly shown much lately. I just think they should be more evenly matched on current form.:hope
:wall:wall:wall was a good competetive match and hard to predict the winner all the way through but ding just edged it in the end. even though Ken doherty is playing badly Liang Wenbo looks a very good player, and looks to be cruising to the next round unless Ken does something special later on. any one know anything about about Ronnies first round opponent? because if hes anything like Wenbo he could give Ronnie a good match if hes having a bad day and the +5.5 frames could look a good bet

Re: World Snooker Championships +13.7pts after Perry covered that handicap although that's going to become +3.7pts tomorrow night unless Hamilton performs a miraculous turnaround. That over bet didn't go to plan but I'll try another one for tomorrow. 10pts J.Higgins vs R.Day - Over 21.5 Frames 8/11 Stan James John Higgins was pretty impressive against one welshman in the 1st round when he beat Matthew Stevens and now he faces another one who is in really good form. Ryan Day struggled early doors against Michael Judge but in the 2nd session came really strong. Ryan Day is a pretty heavy scorer and will need to be here but Higgins hasn't been in the best of form this season so Day has every chance in this match. Higgins' match play is probably as good as it gets on the circuit these days but that doesn't mean it will be all one way traffic. 13-9 either way gives us a winner and I'm confident these two will stay close enough to ensure this over comes in.

Re: World Snooker Championships Didnt call the Doherty game right at all, Liang Wenbo looked very impressive though and I would fancy him to win his next game against Swail (bet he is glad to hear that :lol) Day 29/16 7.5 pts and +3.5 frames 4/6 12.5 pts. Talked about Day from the start and whilst Ive probably put the mockers on him the way this week has gone, I think he can defintely push Higgins very close which explains why I have covered both options. He actually nearly beat Higgins in the first round here a few years ago before losing 10-9 and did something similar against Ronnie in the second round two years ago before just losing. Since then he is a much improved player and once he got going against Judge he played pretty well, 7 breaks over 50 and certainly break building is his strong point. Higgins played very well himself against stevens which looked a really tough game beforehand and one I thought he might stumble on. He played as well as he has done all season, in fact probably the best he has all season and he wrapped up the match in impressive style with a couple of centuries. However Day is another tough looking match and I expect the Welshman can push him close and get at least 10 frames and maybe even beat the World Champion. (I could do at least 22 frames but would be then annoyed if the unlikely scenario of an easy Day win occurred.)

Re: World Snooker Championships Second Round Ebdon VS King hopefully lightning wont striker twice here after King dumped Selby out, Mark King's never been past the 2nd round at the crucible and although he can take heart from his great win over Selby, I dont expect the Solid Peter Ebdon to leave so many easy starters and openings for King to get in.Ebdon to grind king down. Ebdon win @ 8/13 Higgins Vs Day After a slow start against Stevens, Higgins really took control of the game and showed his class, something Ryan Day didn't do in a scrappy looking match against Michael Judge, where to be fair both players missed plenty of pots and i think the 10-6 win flattered slightly. With the extended best of 25 frames, im playing the h'cap. Higgins -2.5 frames @ 5/6

Re: World Snooker Championships Agree with what Sir Fernando says on the Higgins match but im just gonna take Higgins @ 1.56 on betfair to be abit safer. im going to take a chance on the king v ebdon match and go for Result After 8 Frames and Final Result King - King @ 5.00 Bet365 ebdon had abit slow start in his round one match and think he will have a tougher game here. King should be full of confidence after his first game and i think he has a real chance here and if he is winning after 8 frames theres maybe a chance to have a saver in running on ebdon just in case he comes back like in first round. also going to go for Perry @ 1.58 to beat Bingham. Bingham will have to improve alot from his first match against davis which turned out to be a really scrappy game with both players having lots of chances and not taking advantage of them, Perry wont give Bingham so many chances and hopefully take advantage of his mistakes more than davis did. also going to take Ding Junhui and Liang Wen Bo to win their second round matches both had good performance in the the first round and should they perform aswell again here should get the win. taken all four favs in accy aswell John Higgins @ 1.50 Ding Junhui @ 1.44 Joe Perry @ 1.50 Liang Wen Bo @ 1.61 pays 5.25 @ bet365

bit off topic, sorry Martin Petrov, of Man City. ........ Joe Perry ..... seperated at birth....:lol;)
Nice one... Eurosports' "Sport Looks Alike...": Agent Mahone (William Fichtner) williamfichtner.jpg Ken Doherty _39182051_ken_270.jpg And since Martin Petrov is Bulgarian, just like me, I've noticed this: Mark King king03ewc1.jpg Svetlio Vitkov, Bulgarian Singer.. 77439.jpg Excuse me for the offtopic, :notworthy I have like... millions of these in my mind. :)

Re: World Snooker Championships Nice the worst 1st round for me, finished it +3.7pts. This is a big round for me though. All my quarter bets look to have their most difficult game of the quarter so if they can all win this round then I should be looking at some really good profits. Going to add one more for Friday so far. 10pts S.Hendry to beat D.Junhui 9/5 Canbet The odds on Stephen Hendry here are way too big. Let's not forget that Ding Junhui hasn't actually played a best of 25 frame match in his life yet so he's entering new territory while the Crucible king has played countless of these. It's not as though Hendry is playing badly either. He hit a century, a 90 and a couple of 60 and 70 breaks in his high quality win over Mark Allen. Ding played well against Fu too to ensure this will be a cracker but he isn't the best temperament wise and if Hendry can get ahead of him, chasing isn't Ding's strongest suit. Hendry continually barks on about how well he's playing in practice and over these longer matches we might just see that on the match table and at nearly 2/1 Hendry has to be the call here.

Re: World Snooker Championships Ding v Hendry over 21.5 frames 8/11 12.5 pts. There is an over 22 frame option which is a better price but i will go with the lesser option meaning 22 frames (13-9) is needed and I think that on what looks a close game that is very possible. I agree with what Kev has said about Hendry's win odds being too big as well but playing the safer option if you like. Hendry did well to beat Allen much to my misery, he was down for virtually the whole match and sure he did have bits of luck (winning frame when he needed snooker, Allen's sleeve costing him a frame and his adventurous shot when only two balls away from victory.) However it would be foolish to knock Hendry's play in that match, he took advantage of his inform opponents occasional blips and made them costly blips, he started to knock in some breaks and looked better amongst the balls then he has done for some time. Ding is another very tough match for Hendry though, he played well against Fu with a string of big breaks, fifty and century breaks all over the place and he held himself together well at the end when he may well have faltered. There is no doubting his quality but in Hendry he faces an experienced veteran who hinted at a return to form in his last match and i would be surprised to see anyone run away with this match. Carter 36/13 6.5 pts and + 3.5 frames 39/40 12.5 pts I probably should learn from taking on Murphy with players who in truth arent in his league but Im doing so again, not so much in the win sense but more on the handicap side knowing Carter needs 10 frames. We all know about Murphy's ability as a player and clearly he is form but I cant help Carter is being a touch underestimated. Ok he hasnt really delievered as much as he promised early on in his career but he is established in the top 16 now, he played very well here last year especially at this stage when he demolished Hendry before just losing to Selby in a deciding frame and he is not a mug. I felt he held it together very well in extremely difficult circumstances to beat Hawkins (again to my misery), Hawkins came back as he always does and was first in during the final frame but Carter showed a lot of bottle to make the clearance (something he hasnt always had) and would take abit of confidence from that. He has a good solid safety game which I think means he could be able to frustrate Murphy and if he can take his chances (Harold in round 1 couldnt come close to) then he can make things difficult for Murphy.