ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March

I'm really looking forward to this week. Loads of tennis in Europe for the next 3 months up to the end of Wimbledon and it's time to make some real money:ok. Federer playing in Estoril which is a bit of a surprise and should be a decent chance for him to finally get a title:tongue2 (won't be backing him outright though:lol). John Isner playing on clay in America should be fun! Tier 1 in WTA Charleston too which should have some decent action.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March GIL @ 1.9 Stan James. Got to go with Gil here. He’s a decent clay courter, more suited to challenger level, but importantly this is his home tournament. He tends to play pretty well here, beating Tursunov and Ramirez-Hidalgo in the past couple of years only losing to Gasquet and Nalbandian. His ranking has improved year-on-year and he’s now at 134 and I think his level is around 110. Mahut is poor on clay, he always struggles against a decent clay courter. I haven’t been impressed with him on hard courts or indoors this season, and I don’t fancy him at all for this clay season. It’s his first clay match since the French last year and I think Gil takes him down. MINAR @ 1.92 Pinnacle. I definitely favour Minar in this one. He’s a player I like and has shown some good form this year in South America and on American hardcourts. He’s really worked hard the past 12 months to get back in the top 100 and now at 74 he is very close to his best of 70 from 2005. I think he can do well this clay season and be pushing close to top 50, and this is a good place to start. He should be the more aggressive player in this match, and should dictate a lot of the play. Vassallo Arguellos form has been average at best this year, he’s 6-8 on clay this year with 5 losses to guys outside 100 and he’s 1-3 against guys inside the top 100. He just seems to have really fallen away and I have to go with Minar who is showing better form and is the classier player.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCirstea - King
SelectionCirstea
Strength10/10
Date14/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.48 (Back)
ReasoningI just can't see any other result here than a Romanian girl winning.King is just pure crap on clay and she is barely even playing on this surface.She is 2-8 on this surface in previous three years.On the other hand Cirstea is rather good on clay and last season she had some respectable results on this surface.Last week she gave some good fight in the first set against Mauresmo but she losed that matches probably because of the lack of experience.Today she will play against another youngster whose favourite surface is hard so I see her as a strong favourite in this match.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSzavay - Fedak
SelectionSzavay
Strength10/10
Date14/04/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.25 (Back)
ReasoningSzavay is a clear favourite in this one imo.She gained some form last week beating Makarova, Srebotnik and losing after tough match against Davenport.Fedak is nothing special really and I believe that Szavay will beat her easilly.Fedak seems to be in crappy form.She even can't make it through qualies in most tournaments she was playing this year.Szavay is great on clay and I smell a revenge from her in this match as Fedak already won against Szavay at the beginning of the year on hard.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March Hi guys, ATP TOUR, VALENCIA GIMENO-TARVER TO D STAKHOVSKY @ 1.53 at pinnacle Stakhovsky is an attacking player who's game doesn't suit slow clay courts. It will be hard for him to make a quick transision from playing Davis Cup indoors on hardcourt in Ukraine just yesterday. Gimeno-Traver is a typical clay courter with good recent results. ATP TOUR, VALENCIA STARACE TO D BOLELLI @ 1.52 at pinnacle Starace is so good on clay. Bolelli must surely be tired after long Davis Cup matches. H2H is 2:0 to Starace. WTA TOUR, ESTORIL BENESOVA TO D SILVA @ 1.36 at willhill Benesova with good recent form is simply a level above local wild card Silva.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March Nicolas_Massu4_CHI.sized.jpg Nicolas Massu -Samuel Querrey :[email protected] stanjames Odds are great here for Massu. Querrey does not cope well with clay, he has lost in 5 of his last 8 first round tournaments on clay, losing in the second round in the other 3 appearances. They have never met again in the professional tour,and even though Querrey is the 4th seed here at Houston, my money will go with the chilean. Querrey is 3-8 on clay in his carrer, while Massu enjoys playing on clay, being 173-111. Massu was horrible throughout this start of the season, but I expect things to change. Moderate odds , because it's the start of the clay season and anything can happen. Massu @2.20 stanjames ------------------------

thanks MR Intensity, can i ask if Cornet is a good bet for the next match?
Should be comfortable, Krajicek awful lately and Cornet hammered her last week. Not a fan of 1.33 though, with Cornet coming off a pretty long week last week. Think there will be better bets around.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March hello guys!!! i´m thinking all the day about tomorrow match which is reprise of amelie island first round and you´re already propably know now- last week´s fabolous cibulkova (15th seeded this time) against rodionova. cibulkova had some pretty tough matches played last week and she should be full of positive energy with high morale on her side...but also we have here a tiredness which must be really enormous after those top clashes she played. i read some news about she also have some small injury with her stretched thigh... more info coming soon.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March Top class tips Mr.I. I went for the straight set wins and stuck them in a tidy treble with Dulko. I'm looking at Montanes @ 3.5ish as value against Robredo who's been on a pretty bad slide for quite a while now. He's probably due a win but I'm just waiting to see what others out there think.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March Been informed of a possible 'ill-motivated' player involved in todays matches. I've layed Ascione at 1.57 and I expect him to lose........ check tennisinsight.com for a bit more detail.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March ROGER-VASSELIN @ 2.2 Pinnacle. These guys look to be pretty evenly matched, and both in pretty average form, but I favour Vasselin and it's a surprise to see him as the dog. He's got the bigger serve in this match up and I'm looking for it to get him out of trouble. Cipolla has the bigger forehand, but he can make a lot of errors with it and I expect Vasselin to be more solid. H2H is 1-0 to Cipolla but he was playing at home so not reading too much into that. I see this as a real 50/50 so taking the dog. STARACE -3.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. Don't really fancy a bet at 1.4 on this, so willing to take a risk with the cap. I like Bolelli, but this looks like a really bad spot for him. He hasn't played on clay for a while and had a pretty tough weekend in Davis Cup playing both singles and doubles losing the 5th rubber in Croatia. Interestingly, he played the doubles with Starace but that was Potitos only involvement. Before that Starace won the challenger in Napoli getting a couple of decent wins over Daniel and Serra. He comes here having reached the final last year, where he played really well and took a set off Almagro. I'm just thinking between these two Italian guys, together at the weekend will have seen the draw, they know Starace has points to defend and has been made a bit of a scapegoat with the Italian betting thing. H2H is 3-0 to Starace all in straight sets but Bolelli has improved so not taking much notice of that. FERRERO -3.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. Another cap I like. Managed to catch at big price on Safin in the DC but that was with everything in his favour and he just managed to get it done. Back to the grind of the tour and I see him struggling in this clay court season. Very tough starter for him against Ferrero who I still think is playing well this year just had some tough draws against guys playing really good matches. On the clay Ferrero should be far too consistant and it's easy to see Safin blowing up and going down something like 7-5 6-1. H2H is 6-5 to Ferrero but all when Safin was in much better shape. KOROLEV @ 3.25 Sportingbet. Andreev was appaling in DC at the weekend and that type of loss in front of your home crowd can be tough to get over. His form had looked to be improving this year after a bad start but that sort of loss can really set you back and he seems to struggle with transfering between surfaces. Going from indoor to outdoor clay can also be tough and I don't fancy him today. Korolev can be reasonable on clay, last year he got to the quarters here, but then was injured for most of the clay season. His form is pretty average but he's a player I like and this seems a solid price. Both guys will try to use big forehands and dictate play in this match, just a case of who produces. Not sure how much work Korolev has been putting in on clay but I think Andreev is there for the taking today if he plays well.

what about sergyi stakhovsky beating gimeno traver in valencia today? at local bookie i have 2' date='36 for ukrainean. Mr I what do you think about this one?[/quote'] I looked into that match but I've only ever seen Stakovsky play indoors so not sure about him. His record on clay is pretty average struggling in qualifying and early rounds of challengers. Ginemo is a proper clay courter and should be able to get it done. I think Korolev is a better bet at a similar price.

Has Isner ever played on clay before? Should be like a fish out of water yes?
Not on tour but he will have played on clay in college tennis. Not sure about him really, as a comparison Karlovic is decent on clay but Joachim Johansson was dreadful:unsure. If it was green clay then I'd fancy Isner but they've changed to red clay this year - apparently surface is slow but balls are quick so not sure how it's playing. Not sure about this match at the moment.

Mr Intensity what do you think about cibulkova loosing to rodionova and davydenko loosing to melzer? i think both of them are tired and will to take some time for regeneration...
H2H is 4-0 to Davy but all have been close. Heard Melzer has a foot injury so not sure how fit he is. If I had to bet it would be on Melzer or Melzer +some games but I don't really fancy it. To be honest don't know much about Cibulkova apart from looking at her good results and no idea about Rodionova.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventVesnina - Govortsova
SelectionVesnina
Strength10/10
Date15/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningGovortsova seems to be a little to overrated in this match.Vesnina seems to be in red hot form recently.Good performances at Miami and Amelia Island.Govortsova is in rather mediocre form during whole season.Nothing special really.Vesnina should have the edge in this one.Maybe a close match but in the end Elena should win this.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRezai - Sequera
SelectionRezai
Strength10/10
Date15/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.41 (Back)
ReasoningRezai should at least play some good tournament.She came back after AO and played some matches to get into match rhythm so it's about time to make some good performance.And the ocassion is great.She is playing on her favourite surface and against poor Sequera who played only 7 matches this year and won 2 of them.Rezai should do the thing here.She is at least one level above Sequera imho.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMedina - Perebiynis
SelectionMedina
Strength10/10
Date15/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.30 (Back)
ReasoningMedina is coming into her favourite surface.She played good tournament last week pushing Sharapova into hard 3 set battle.Tatiana shouldn't cause her any problems imo.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKleybanova - Cetkovska
SelectionKleybanova
Strength10/10
Date15/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.36 (Back)
ReasoningAwesome talent from Russia Kleybanova is playing average Cetkovska.Kleybanova in great form for the whole season.She played some good tournaments and beat few top players.Cetkovska on the other hand plays nothing special from the beginning of the season.Just a mediocre player.Favourite is one here.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March Hi guys, following bets for today: WTA TOUR, FAMILY CIRCLE CUP CRAYBAS TO D LEPCHENKO @ 1.6 at pinnacle Lepchenko is primarly a lower tour player. Craybas is still too solid with decent form. WTA TOUR, FAMILY CIRCLE CUP MATTEK TO D YUAN @ 1.64 at betfair Just last week in Amelia Island Mattek had an easy win over Yuan 6:3, 6:3. Yuan is very poor on clay. WTA TOUR, FAMILY CIRCLE CUP RUANO PASCUAL TO D PUTCHKOVA @ 1.73 at betfair Putchkova is completely out-of-form and had no clay court results in her career so far. Ruano Pascual is a typical clay court player, who will force her into making errors. The H2H is 2:0 to Ruano Pascual.

KOROLEV @ 3.25 Sportingbet. Andreev was appaling in DC at the weekend and that type of loss in front of your home crowd can be tough to get over. His form had looked to be improving this year after a bad start but that sort of loss can really set you back and he seems to struggle with transfering between surfaces. Going from indoor to outdoor clay can also be tough and I don't fancy him today. Korolev can be reasonable on clay, last year he got to the quarters here, but then was injured for most of the clay season. His form is pretty average but he's a player I like and this seems a solid price. Both guys will try to use big forehands and dictate play in this match, just a case of who produces. Not sure how much work Korolev has been putting in on clay but I think Andreev is there for the taking today if he plays well.
Excellent tip yet again, cheers :clap Was a close un though!

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March ASCIONE @ 2.7 Pinnacle. I'd have these two pretty close on clay, and certainly wouldn't have Ascione any bigger than 2.4. Ascione plays a lot more on this surface, albeit at challenger level where he has had good results. I haven't really been following him that much lately, but he's got his ranking up to 82 which is 1 off his career best from early 2004 which is a decent effort. He took care of a qualifier comfortably in the first round and I think he can do the business here. I'm never sure of Gicquel outside of indoor courts in France, and I think he's quite suspect on clay. But looking through his results he seems to get most of his results in Casablanca and low quality challengers in France (e.g. reached final in Montauban 2006 when ranked 98 and every guy he played was outside 200). I think he's very prone to errors on clay and I fancy Ascione to take this one. H2H is 2-1 to Gicquel with 1 win on clay in 2006. MINAR @ 5.00 Bet365. I said on Monday how much I liked Minar and he duely took care of Vassallo-Arguello. I see no reason to not back him again at a very big price. He has big shots and a nice serve and has the weapons to cause Davydenko problems. Davy beat Melzer easily yesterday but there was a lot of talk about a foot injury to Melzer so not sure how good that win was. You can never be sure about Davy in small tournaments and his record here I think shows that - first round, winner, first round, final, first round, ????. I know he's got past the first round here but still don't think that makes him secure and I'm willing to side with Minar at this price.

Sport Tennis
Event Sam Querrey (USA) – Nicolas Massu (CHI)
Selection Nicolas Massu (CHI)
Strength 10/10
Date 16/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.87 (Back)
Reasoning Very interesting game between Querry and Massu at Houton on red clay. I see a big value on Massu, he is a natural clay player, while the american have maxim 12 games on clay and i think maximum 4 wins. Last year Querry played only 7 games with just 2 wins against modest players. Massu is a real player and will show some moves to the youngster in this game.