ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March

Monaco - 2.6 I cant see Almagro finishing this in two sets and cant help but thnk back to the way he capitulated against Youzhney when it came to the crunch. I definitely think Monaco has enough in him to grind out a result.
I think Youzhny put him off at a crucial moment with his racket butting antics, so I'll stick with Almagro. :hope

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March What do you think about M.Sharapova today against S.Williams ? The price is quite generous, and despite she had some serious problems in the last tournament (which she in fact finally won... thus, it wasn't easy), players moved to clay and so far she is doing quite well. She reached 3rd round winning in the 1st 6/0 6/0 and in the 2nd 7/5 6/2 (as far as I remember). Important to mention - today would be her real try. Against the opponent, who is still one of the best in the world. But I really feel Sharapova may have her day... I would probably go for 1.85 on Sharapova to win.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March Yeah, looking to go 4-0 in Houston:ok ODESNIK @ 2.26 Pinnacle. Odesnik has improved a lot in the last 12 months, and after a couple of decent wins here I'm definately willing to take him as a dog here. He's a lefty with a good serve and solid groudies, more suited to hard courts but I still think he can do a good job on clay. Quite impressed with his win over Sela who I thought might grind him down. Roitman has been awful this year, and wins over Isner and Kunitsyn aren't really convincing. He's favourite simply because he plays more on clay but Odesnik has the better form and a good game to take him down. GRANOLLERS-PUJOL @ 1.86 Betfair. Both these guys have hit the top 100 lately, Daniel after a couple of poor years outside and Pujol for the first time. You have to feel Pujol has much more potential and a chance of hitting the top 50. Age 29 Daniel has found some form in challengers and some good wins this week but I just favour Puyol in this match up. He too has shown some very good form this year and this week has destroyed Gulbis and Luczak both guys inside the top 100, compared to Daniels wins against guys outside 100. I just think he's capable of playing at a higher level and willing to side with him at this price. FISH @ 1.7 Pinnacle. Even though this is red clay, I'm willing to go for Fish at this decent price. He's been playing pretty well this week, beating Schuettler and Armando comfortably. Up against veteren Hernandez I can see his aggresive groudies being very effective and he should be able to control this match. Hernandez beat Brzezicki in a fixed match and Young who isn't muh on clay, and don't think those wins make up for his shocking form this year. H2H is 1-0 to Hernandez on clay a couple of years ago when Fish was in much worse shape. CALLERI @ 2.45 Pinnacle. Calleri has been pretty good this week, taking out Spadea and Capdeville without any problems. When he gets on a roll he can be excellent on clay and looks to be past the slump he had earlier in the year. Blake has been good too this week, no problems against Nishikori or kid Harrison. This is a big step up for both in this match and should be a battle of the big forehands. Surface has to suit Calleri, Blake has a good enough record on clay, but still have to favour Calleri on it. H2H is 2-1 to Blake and all have been tough matches. Expect this to be very serve dominated for a clay match, and just see who takes the big points.

What do you think about M.Sharapova today against S.Williams ? The price is quite generous, and despite she had some serious problems in the last tournament (which she in fact finally won... thus, it wasn't easy), players moved to clay and so far she is doing quite well. She reached 3rd round winning in the 1st 6/0 6/0 and in the 2nd 7/5 6/2 (as far as I remember). Important to mention - today would be her real try. Against the opponent, who is still one of the best in the world. But I really feel Sharapova may have her day... I would probably go for 1.85 on Sharapova to win.
I'm not sure about that match, but always interesting when these two play. Just to say Serena injured her ankle yesterday, but not sure how bad it is.

I think Youzhny put him off at a crucial moment with his racket butting antics' date=' so I'll stick with Almagro. :hope[/quote'] My subconscious must have told me the same thing as I just checked my liability and it didnt seem right - I forgot to put the bet on :lol

Yeah, looking to go 4-0 in Houston:ok ODESNIK @ 2.26 Pinnacle. Odesnik has improved a lot in the last 12 months, and after a couple of decent wins here I'm definately willing to take him as a dog here. He's a lefty with a good serve and solid groudies, more suited to hard courts but I still think he can do a good job on clay. Quite impressed with his win over Sela who I thought might grind him down. Roitman has been awful this year, and wins over Isner and Kunitsyn aren't really convincing. He's favourite simply because he plays more on clay but Odesnik has the better form and a good game to take him down. GRANOLLERS-PUJOL @ 1.86 Betfair. Both these guys have hit the top 100 lately, Daniel after a couple of poor years outside and Pujol for the first time. You have to feel Pujol has much more potential and a chance of hitting the top 50. Age 29 Daniel has found some form in challengers and some good wins this week but I just favour Puyol in this match up. He too has shown some very good form this year and this week has destroyed Gulbis and Luczak both guys inside the top 100, compared to Daniels wins against guys outside 100. I just think he's capable of playing at a higher level and willing to side with him at this price. FISH @ 1.7 Pinnacle. Even though this is red clay, I'm willing to go for Fish at this decent price. He's been playing pretty well this week, beating Schuettler and Armando comfortably. Up against veteren Hernandez I can see his aggresive groudies being very effective and he should be able to control this match. Hernandez beat Brzezicki in a fixed match and Young who isn't muh on clay, and don't think those wins make up for his shocking form this year. H2H is 1-0 to Hernandez on clay a couple of years ago when Fish was in much worse shape. CALLERI @ 2.45 Pinnacle. Calleri has been pretty good this week, taking out Spadea and Capdeville without any problems. When he gets on a roll he can be excellent on clay and looks to be past the slump he had earlier in the year. Blake has been good too this week, no problems against Nishikori or kid Harrison. This is a big step up for both in this match and should be a battle of the big forehands. Surface has to suit Calleri, Blake has a good enough record on clay, but still have to favour Calleri on it. H2H is 2-1 to Blake and all have been tough matches. Expect this to be very serve dominated for a clay match, and just see who takes the big points.
Best of luck to ya mate :ok

Sport Tennis
Event Evgeny Korolev (RUS) – Robin Haase (NED)
Selection Robin Haase (NED)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Interwetten @ 1.60 (Back)
Reasoning Very confindent in this situation. I see Haase pure favorite, he have incredible form and feel potent here, he can do the best. He didnt sign up for Monte Carlo Masters, these can say a lot for him, all he's doing, doing for this tournament, he stay focused. Korolev had incredible luck yesterday with Gimeno when he win in 3 sets after incredibile luck in set 2 or unprofessional move by Gimeno. Today i know for sure he will play at low randament because he already sign up for Monte Carlo and he know he cant beat Haase who is on fire. Korolev stay also bad on clay. Big value here.

Mr I any thoughts on Ferrer - Verdasco ? :unsure
It's a tough one to call because Verdasco has been awesome the last 2 times they've played. Maybe it's just a really good match up for him. Ferrer has struggled a bit this year but has looked better this week. Verdasco was awful in the first round then got better. Looking at the prices it just looks a bit high for Ferrer, but the H2H put me off playing it.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March GRANOLLERS-PUJOL @ 1.66 Blue Sq. My only play for the day and I think this one is really solid. I backed both of these guys yesterday and they came through in very contrasting styles. Can't help but feel Odesnik was lucky after Roitman battered him for a couple of sets before failing to serve out the match twice then really fell apart. Odesnik was really struggling to win even points on his serve and expect similar problems today. Pujol was excellent against Daniel and has come through this draw extremely comfortably. I expect him to do the same, he really seems to be coming of age and it's time for him to make his first ATP final.

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March Puyol somehow managed to get the W:lol:lol DAVYDENKO @ 2.8 Boylesports. Thought I'd get a little more juice but I want to bet this to try to finish the week strong. H2H is 11-0 to Federer but Davy has given him some problems in the past. Anyway, this isn't the same Fed. This is the Fed who loses to Djokovic, Murray, Roddick and Fish and who steps down to ATP level to make his first final of the year in April. This is the Fed who has lost sets to Rochus and Gremelmayr and hasn't faced a guy ranked in the top 60 yet this week. To me he hasn't been at all convincing, and will have to step up big time. Davydenko has also had problems this week, but he has played extremely well in parts and anyone was losing that first set against Minar! Davydenko was very comfortable in his semi and should take that strong form into the final. I don't think he's ever been intimidated playing Federer (unlike say Roddick) and he should have a lot of confidence coming intot his seeing the losses Federer has taken this year. I know there are people who will argue this is a monster price on Federer and will have there reasons, but I'm going to keep opposing him until he wins a big match. ALMAGRO @ 2.00 Paddy Power. Just about willing to side with Almagro in this one. He loves this tournament having won it the past 2 years and seems to have hit form as the tournament has progressed. Ferrer seems to have got a bit lucky with Verdasco choking and coming from a set down to beat Robredo who has been woeful this year. I think Almagro really steps up for this final and I'll side with the aggresive baseliner in this one.

Puyol somehow managed to get the W:lol:lol .
Mr.I , did you see it? It was really incredible. On a moment in the second set the odds went 1.03-1.04 when Odesnik just needed one point for the match and at that moment Puyol woke up:D. I made some nice profits again , thank you very much Mr.I:clap:clap

Mr I cheers :ok what could you recommend of this 3 games ?: J. Benneteau - I. Minar G. Garcia-Lopez - K. Vliegen A. Montanes - O. RochusG.
Sorry mate, no time! When are these? Very quickly you know I like Minar, and probably Rochus as Montanes has been bad this year and Rochus looks to be playing better. No idea about the other one.

Sorry mate' date=' no time! When are these? Very quickly you know I like Minar, and probably Rochus as Montanes has been bad this year and Rochus looks to be playing better. No idea about the other one.[/quote'] Just saw they've all happened already:sad

does anybody expect Zvonareva to ride her luck yet again...? Serena looks easy money to me... any opinions? please
Vera playing really well at the moment. Possibly 3 sets but you've got to expect Serena to come through. I'd actually say Blake was a better bet at a similar price:eek

Re: ATP Estoril/Valencia/Houston & WTA Charleston/Estoril 14th-20th March yee, damn almagro, I promised a friend to eat an old shoe after he was 2-0 in third... could barely believe what he's done in the end... if I hadn't known tennis is a fair and clean game... I'd say he sold it :sad glad I got a refund for Davidenko at least a bit afraid to go for Blake, never trusted the guy