** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf The Masters

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf The Masters This is THE most boring round of the Masters I can remember. Bowles, I think your Cink bet is safe - he is tied 5th at the mo, surely he will pick up another shot or two... Not so sure about Casey mind, he has well and truly fluffed his lines today.

Re: Golf The Masters Yeh been boring this I must say top marks to Immelman - from the tee he has been just top notch this week, hardly missed a fairway has he :loon Tiger just hasn't putted very well this week, things just haven't happened for him on the green.

Re: Golf The Masters boring? Immelmen just didnt crack, he may have done if one of his challengers had just settled for par golf at -8, as that would have got Immelmen rattled. However they have all dropped away & holding a 5 shot lead surely must win it from here.

Re: Golf The Masters

Half way for most, so just looking at the prices again W/O woods - Cink 55.0 - 50/1 Skybet 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 Top European - Casey 16.5 - 16/1 PaddyP 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 Top australian - Appleby 6.6 - 7/1 Bluesq 1pt win Top US w/o woods Cink 19.5 - 20/1 Betfred 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4
looking at returns on all these markets, Casey shooting 79 cost me the 16/1 Tope Euro bet, however Cink has played really well & I just noticed that Appleby slipped in for top aussie!!:nana

looking at returns on all these markets' date=' Casey shooting 79 cost me the 16/1 Tope Euro bet, however Cink has played really well & I just noticed that Appleby slipped in for top aussie!!:nana[/quote'] :clap:clap mate. Cink ends up tied for top US w/o Woods too, so decent returns there as well. Cracking performance from Immelma, played well and it is some feat to lead a tournament like this from start to finish. Tiger will feel he should have won if he had made the short putts he usually makes, but Immelman obliges. :clap

Woods is the obvious pick but Im not backing him at his price, I would rather do a few other e.w picks who appear in good form and will do them on a combination of outright and without woods as it would be most frustrating if someone won the whole event and you have only picked them without woods or to a lesser degree they finish second to Woods and you have concentrated only on the outrights. So trying to a combination of both with PP offering specials which work out at much bigger prices than the without woods market and I already have the win and place covered if that occurs. 26 pts staked: Goosen 28/1 2.5 pts e.w and Woods to finish first, Goosen second 40/1 3 pts Goosen has a terrific record here (4 top 3s in the last 6 years including 2 seconds.) Last year he was 1000 in running having just made the cut and then went on to trade odds on when on the finally day he stormed to the lead and nearly won it. The course clearly suits his style of golf, he remains a pretty long driver and he putts exceptionally well here and on the faster greens in general although reports indicate they will not be as quick this year as last. I would not have backed him a month ago as he looked a player in decline but his second to Ogilvy at the World Golf Championship the other week was very much a welcome return to form. the twice US Open champion is very dangerous round here. Stenson 66/1 2 pts e.w and Woods to finish first, Stenson second 80/1 2 pts Has not got the Masters record yet nor really the major record but Stenson is a player who seems ready to take the next step forward into major winner and this could be the year although I thought that last year. What he did show last year was that he could handle Tiger when beating him in Asia and then he won the WGC matchplay beating Ogilvy in the final so there is no question his ability. This year he has a string of top 6 efforts (4 in his first 6 events) so he arrives in good form, unquestionably he has the long game for Augusta and if he keeps his head on, he could have his best week in a major so far. Appleby 80/1 2 pts e.w and Woods to finish first, Appleby second 80/1 2 pts Been around quite a long time, the nearest he got to a major was when he lost in that 4 man play off for The Open in 2002 but he has numerous PGA titles and often starts of the year well, this year is no exception as he posted 5 top 10s in his first 5 starts including a second round rout of Mickelson in the matchplay which shows the level he is playing at. Was leader here going into the last day last year before falling away and has a stack of top 20 finishes so the course is no problem. He is quite a long driver (top 30 pga tour) and also is in top 20 on the putting stats, could go close again. Cink 80/1 2 pts e.w and Woods to finish first, Cink second 80/1 2 pts Cink is perhaps not the man for a finish over the last three or four holes but what he does do is play steady consistent golf which has seen him rise the rankings and recently he has seemingly added extra distance to his game (top 25 pga tour) and he never used to have that. Traditionally he was not that long and more a fairway and greens type player suited to the US Open perhaps which he messed up in 2001. However with that extra distance and I admit I was surprised to see it and perhaps should treat it with more caution he can build on a decent if unspectacular record here, 4 top 20s last 2 years, he is a very hot putter when he gets it going, he was twice second on the tour already this season and may be another outsider.
Cink placing @ 80/1 again (he did it for me in the matchplay too) means profit for the week.

Re: Golf The Masters W/O woods - Cink 55.0 - 50/1 Skybet 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4,5 :nana Paid out as Dead heat:ok Top European - Casey 16.5 - 16/1 PaddyP 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 :nanaJoint 3rd European with Westwood Top australian - Appleby 6.6 - 7/1 Bluesq 1pt win :nana Top US w/o woods Cink 19.5 - 20/1 Betfred 0.5pts EW 1,2,3,4 :nana Paid out a Dead heat again The dead heat has reduced the stakes further but hopefully i made a profit