** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Golf The Masters

Re: Golf The Masters excellant write-up hornet as usual for the golf :ok agree with steveadam - only woods can beat himself, this guy is on a different level to anyone else but at best 2/1 the better value is the without tiger markets or e/w betting - love this competition and venue.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf The Masters I believe Tiger will net his 5th Green Jacket as he comes here in top form only being denied last time out by Ogilvy for a 7th straight win on tour. Tiger knows this place like tha back of his hand and I can see him fly out the blocks here for today and tomorrow when the best of the weather is forecast. Saturday and Sunday is forecast for some heavy rain so scoring low rounds on the first 2 days is paramount! My idea of a good each way material bets has to be: Retief Goosen has 4 top 10 finishes here in the last 6 years. Coming joint 2nd in 2007 - Joint 3rd in 2006 - Joint 3rd 2005 - 2nd in 2002. 25/1 EW for 1st 5 places at 1/4 odds gives us @7.25 if he finishes in top 5. (Totesport) Vaughn Taylor @250/1 Totesport Each way - Young player who performed admirably in this tournament last year, finishing in top 10. Might be a flash in the pan performance however at the odds worth a shot. Another good bet: Top GB & Ireland Player Padraig Harrington @3.00 Totesport Is coming here in much better form than any other player from these shores and has the confidence to perform well after winning the British Open last year. :ok .

Re: Golf The Masters

Originally Posted by clarky101 viewpost.gif Bets placed so far Without Woods Vijay @ 11/1 Goosen @ 14/1 Choi @ 20/1 Rose @ 20/1 All Top 5 finnish :hope
Any reasons why Clarky :unsure :ok
Yeah sorry Kev, Goosens coming back to a bit of form after his eye troubles, Rose had a good go last year & i think he will be there again, Choi, i think is leading up to a Major win, hopefully this one but i expect him to win one this year & Vijay,been there,done it,got the jacket, maybe one more time for him...

Re: Golf The Masters Just Found my dinner on Betfair 35 minutes ago. Us Masters 1st round Leader market: Ian poulter 16 LAY £5 Stake. He finished with a round of 70 taking him into the clubhouse at -2. Justin Rose just rattles in another birdie to go -4 :nana 5 holes to play fingers crossed he doesnt drop 2 shots! ;)

Just Found my dinner on Betfair 35 minutes ago. Us Masters 1st round Leader market: Ian poulter 16 LAY £5 Stake. He finished with a round of 70 taking him into the clubhouse at -2. Justin Rose just rattles in another birdie to go -4 :nana 5 holes to play fingers crossed he doesnt drop 2 shots! ;)
Well done son looks like youre in the money

Got a great bet punters!! Get on your betfair accounts and lay on Luke Donald not to be the leader after first round. He is on 65. That is amazing odds especially with Rose just going -4 with 5 to play.
Donald in the water on 15 dropping to evens. 2 holes to play 4 shots off the lead WELL DONE MY FRIEND!:clap :rollin

Re: Golf The Masters Time to get involved..... Outright WOODS @ 2.96 Betfair. Reasonable score from Tiger yesterday considering he played quite poorly and he's in contention which is all that is needed after the first day. He's never been one to light it up on day 1 of the Masters and he's probably where I'd expect him to be. Given his starting price I thought he would be around 2.7 now so this is a nice price to be a Tiger backer. Top European ROSE @ 2.5 Bet365. Rose hit a beautiful 68 to put him at the top of the leaderboard. He's always done very well at the Masters in parts and perhaps this year he can put it all together for a very good finish. The main threats to this are the other English guys Poulter, Westwood and Donald. I just see Rose taking it down against those guys and he looks on for a top 5 finish. Top USA without Woods JOHNSON E/W (1/4, 1,2,3) @ 8.5 Stan James. This looks a very reasonable price for defending champion Johnson, especially after a very good 70 in the first round. To be honest I think I'd have Mickleson, Furyk and Johnson very close in the prices, probably around 5.00 - 5.50 each in this market. Don't fancy Mickleson much, he seemed to get very lucky and he was really wild you just feel double bogeys are always looming. Not too sure on Furyk either, his putting has been a problem for a while and I think he'll have a round where it really lets him down. That leaves me with Johnson, who looked very composed yesterday and looks to be making a good effort to defend his title. Don't think he'll manage it due to a certain American not in this market, but he should be pretty close and can definately at least place in this market. Top ROTW JM SINGH E/W (1/5, 1,2,3,4) @ 34.0 Stan James. Speculative, but I think this is worth a shot. Jeev is a player I like, he's been in very good form lately, and shot a very nice 71 yesterday. A bit up and down, but got quite a few birdies which shows promise and getting under par was very good. I think he can put in a solid performance this week and could be pushing for the top 10, and hopefully be able to take a place in this market.

Lastly a side bet which would have come through in his last two attempts at the Masters. In both 2004 and 2007 Justin Rose proved he had the game to challenge at the Masters, however, he also proved he doesn’t have the mental fortitude to close the deal. He led the event in 2004 and 2007 after one round and the price of 34.00 seems much to big for the case of lightening striking a third time; he is a quality player who struggles on Sunday but thrives early on.

Good start to the tournament with a 33/1 joint winner - hope it continues this way!

Oops...my 4 guys are a combined +3 so far today:sad
Keep the faith mate :ok Hopefully Johnson will make a charge again around Amen Corner. Nice call on Singh too, nice solid player who seems to be making more of a name for himself with each tournament. Had a couple of quid on Casey this morning at 69's (huh huh). Absolute joy to watch but I doubt he could ever overcome the top tier in a sunday dogfight for a major. The way things are shaping up though it looks like it could be an inexperienced field come that time. Outside chance if he can shoot another 69 tomorrow.