AINTREE THURS 3rd April

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April

Event 4.55 Aintree
Selection Elusive Dream (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 4.00 (Lay)
Reasoning To put it simply, this horse is not as classy as the rest and I feel he is a definite lay at 3/1. He was beaten in a Grade 2 last time and now steps up into Grade 1 company against the likes of proven performers like Franchoek and Whiteoak, 3/1 looks far too short.

2.00 I know Inglis Drever has disappointed here on his last three attempts but I believe he is better now that he has ever been. Aintree probably doesn't suit as much as other courses but I believe his class with carry him through. The going is probably quicker than ideal but again I can't see anything in the race to make a case for. I'd back a 75% fit Inglis Drever here, if you get my meaning. He should be shorter, I make him probably 4/5 despite the negatives so he is a betting proposition. He sometimes hits a flat spot in his races and has to be urged along earlier than expected. This has actually happened an all of his recent runs on good going. I'll be waiting and backing him in running in order to squeeze out that extra little bit of value. If he is travelling then I'll gladly take evens for example, after all that is above 'my price' for him. Inglis Drever 100% of stake
Worked like a charm, I took in between 5 and 8 in running, and then laid evens when he came with his challenge to make a profit either way.

He was coming with a nice challenge before swiftly having the door slammed shut in his face by Choc. Horses for courses I guess... I wonder if he will be The Festival in 2009???
I am wondering the same thing. Drifted to 6/1 for next year's world hurdle and that looks appealing. He is different horse there, but probably vulnerable to the younger improvers now.

Event 4.55 Aintree
Selection Franchoek
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Betfred @ 3.50 (Back)
Reasoning I feel Franchoek is a class above the rest of these and the step up in trip will be right up his street. At Cheltenham he got turned over as hot favourite by Celestial Halo. However, I feel the reason for that was that he got outpaced at a vital stage, and I feel the 2m 4f will be better for him today. The horse should stay and doesnt face anything as speedy as Celestial Halo. Group Captain will be the only horse that could fit the bill but its over 2m 4f today. AP rode Binocular to victory earlier and I feel he will ride another with Franchoek.

4.20 MAGIC SKY ~ TRAMANTANO Horse's with a low weight do well in this ( first 3 home last year carried 10-2) and ages in double figures dont do well. Past Grand Annual runners do well. 1 31F-74 Andreas 20 P F Nicholls 75 8 11-12t 2 44-210 Wanango 20 T Stack 100 7 11-11 3 41-362 Lennon 61 J Howard Johnson 60 8 11-9 4 -518F3 Calatagan 20 J M Jefferson 14 9 11-4 5 6F421P Lord Henry 20 P J Hobbs 85 9 11-4 6 51284U Saintsaire 20 P F Nicholls 75 9 11-0b 7 -11721 Desert Quest 14 J R Gask 0 8 10-13b 8 151F10 Leslingtaylor 23 J J Quinn 0 6 10-11 9 49544P Bambi De L´Orme 20 Ian Williams 50 9 10-8 10 004-00 Greenhope 20 N J Henderson 44 10 10-7 11 512325 Almaydan 20 R Lee 100 10 10-6b 12 544339 Magic Sky 20 M F Harris 50 8 10-4b1 * 13 -45691 Marcel 33 P Monteith 50 8 10-2 14 -75312 Ela Re 12 Mrs S J Smith 44 9 10-1 15 -1d4712 Four Chimneys 26 P J Rothwell 50 7 10-0 16 2PP628 Tramantano 20 N A Twiston-Davies 47 9 10-0t * 17 151331 Dev 26 M G Quinlan — 8 10-0 18 0F3725 Stan 55 Miss Venetia Williams 60 9 10-0 * ran in the Grand Annual Magic Sky is 4lb lower than when 5th in this last year and he's 25/1 with blinkers on for the first time might give him an edge.
close but no cigar :sad bottom 2 weights came in.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 4.55 AINTREE GROUP CAPTAIN 2pts WIN. Like the look of this beast, franchoek will go off favourite, but had a really hard race and expect the selection to win this. Had three straight wins until the race at Cheltenham but has the blinkers on today and could spark a bit of improvement. Stable have already had a winner today in Blazing Bailey. Cheers Willster

Event 4.55 Aintree
Selection Elusive Dream (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 4.00 (Lay)
Reasoning To put it simply' date=' this horse is not as classy as the rest and I feel he is a definite lay at 3/1. He was beaten in a Grade 2 last time and now steps up into Grade 1 company against the likes of proven performers like Franchoek and Whiteoak, 3/1 looks far too short.
And again :wall:wall:wall:wall:wall:wall Well done any backers :sad

:clap Stewart' date=' Woody and Cassius re the first race with Blazing Bailey. And with the lay of Inglis for stewart.[/quote'] I hope they backed it, because I didn't :sad There was a major fcuk up by Betfair on U.S. racing last night. They settled a race 20 seconds after it finished (most unusual) with a winner as a loser. Paid all the layers, and took money off all the winners (I had backed it). It was all sorted within 20 minutes but I decided to keep an eye on my balance in future. Logged on early this morning and the balance hadn't changed. Two hours later I was £5 worse off but had not layed or backed anything. Checked 'My Account' page and it showed there was a debit of £5, but no reason given. My e-mail system is about as much use as a one winged carrier pigeon, so I decided to telephone them. By the time I selected the right button to press from a choice of 3, and then the same thing again, then the same thing again, then punched in my date of birth on the keypad, it asked for my TAN number. While trying to get back to where it was, the helpdesk assistant answered the call. I told her I hadn't found my TAN number yet, so I got the security question plus had to give my d.o.b. again. Told her I had £5 taken from my account for no reason that I could see. She checked, and for some reason I had been given a fiver for a promotion further down my account page that I had not noticed. All was well, until I realised that I had lost track of time and missed the race. :sad There's more... I had a bet on Kauto Star, and I always leave a lay on the system at low odds as I am an expert at picking last fence fallers. I put in a lay at 1.06 and was downstairs watching the race. As soon as KS started to falter I ran back upstairs as fast as I could, (which ain't that fast) to lengthen the odds., but by the time I got to the PC it was too late. Last price matched was 1.0 fcuking 7 :@ :@ Still, a tip from a friend got me out of trouble. I couldn't put it on here as it was only a short while to the race. Captain Webb at Leicester, backed from 3.75 downwards (I got 3.45) it won at 7/4 :ok