** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the day - 27th March

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 3.00 Lingfield BEST ONE Dropped into selling class for the 1st time & noticably down in trip to 6f after trying 7f & even 8f on latest outing. There is not much to beat here & given a lead may be difficult to catch under top jock Seb Sanders.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 3.45 Ayr - Quicuyo - 1 point to win 2 mile class 4 novice hurdle at Ayr on heavy ground.......... The selection won the last one here by 23 lengths and only has to do the same thing again to win this one. Carries 5 lbs more for that last win but he won by 23 lengths..........Moonhawk finished 3rd that day and is stones better off, but she was about 30 L back......... That day he made all and galloped his rivals into the ground, and there doesn't seem to be any reason why he can't do the same thing again.........there are a couple of other front runners in todays race, but they look poor and I reckon he will get away on his own.......... RP forecast says 7/2..........I'd be happy with that !

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March Lingfield 3.00 Best One - win I've had Best One on my mind as a future winner for some time. I backed him on his 2nd start this season where he was very unlucky. Hayley had a bit of a mare, having to switch left and right after failing to get a run, a result of deciding to go the rails route. He came with a wet sail to finish 4th beaten a length. He disappointed next time over the same C&D, running flat after being up with the pace. He was stepped up to a mile on his last start and tried to make all under Debra England. I thought he had the race won until very late on and he faded under a weak ride to finish 3rd. It's very hard to lead all the way around Lingfield, especially under a weak ride - also I don't think he stayed the mile as I remember having a chunk e/w on him last season at Ponty, the last time he was tried over the distance. He looked all over the winner 2 out that day, but just as I started working out my winnings he stopped dead - he finished 4th and I couldn't believe it. I'm convinced he wants shorter. I've been on the look out for him ever since as I think he is well handicapped so you can imagine my surprise when I saw him declared for a seller when I looked yesterday. He is the clear pick at the weights. He is dropped back two furlongs as this is over 6, but I don't think that will be a problem, his two best runs (3rd twice off 74 and 75 in two turf h'caps) were over this shorter trip. Obviously I agree with bowles above although I'm not sure he will lead. His best two runs, the ones mentioned above, come when he was held up over 6f - also in the run mentioned above where he was unlucky, he come from last. This may be hope more than anything as I'm not a fan of front runners around here. Punching goes off quite fast and that may lead for us. A final note, Best One's trainer Clive Brittain has had 4 winners from his last 5 runners.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 2.10 AYR~WITCH WIND 0.5 E/W Fair hurdler.Will love the ground.Hasn't run 2m5f before but has won over 2m6f and as Ayr can be a real glue pot and will take a bit of getting today this should be ideal for this horse who's last run can be ignored.Has won here and i think it will go very close today.:hope

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 4.05 Ling - George the Second - looks a decent EW bet now his rating has dropped. Course and distance winner that is back down to 65 today. Last time it ran off this mark was at Chepstow when beaten by 0.5 l into second. Prior to that though it had recorded a 1st and 2nd off 65 at Lingfield and placed off 70. All 5 of career wins have come under this jockey. You can still get 10/1 for it with VC bet, although other firms have clipped it in slightly over the course of this morning and it is a lowest priced 7/1 (from 10/1) with Skybet.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 14.10 Ayr - Roschal (0.5 pts E/W) The horse hasn't finished a race since December last year (reflected in the price - 26.00 @ Ladbrokes)... however, the last race it did finish it won - at Ayr, in heavy going, over a similar distance of 2m4f. Over the last few races, the horse has probably been carrying too much, with the longer trip also being too much - a think the slight drop in weight and trip this afternoon will provide a chance to get back in amongst things.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 3.00 - NIGHT PROSPECTOR Running off a mark of 63 today, was running off 65 when second to MARKO JADEO first try with Alan Munro riding. MARKO JADEO is now a non runner, however Night Prospector should have turned form around anyway. This only third run back from six months off should be back to full fitness now. Trainer in good form & Alan Munro only here for 2 rides.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March Ayr 3:45 Quicuyo Made all for a 23 length win at this course and distance (Heavy) earlier this month. Tough task with the weights set at 12-7 but jockey with 10lb to claim should help. That same jockey was also on board the last outing, Ryan Mania. Mania enters today with 3 wins from 10 runs for trainer P Monteith - 0 win from 45 with other trainers. 10pts win @ 2-1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 355 Exeter : Oceanos De Obeaux : Lay (13/8RP) Looks like a 3 horse race the only reason this one is as short as 13/8 is incase the fav falls, even if it does i'm not certain it would beat Keepthedreamalive anyway. His last win was a hard fought slog at Newbury in which the form hasnt been franked since. The fav is a class act in comparison and should win easily, if it does fail to complete at the prices is not such a disaster to lay the selection.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 4.05 Lingfield. George The Second. 1 point win. Dropping in the weights, and although not in the best of form, it's only going to take him to bounce back to something near his best, then he should go close. Conditions suitable and looks a value bet.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 6.50 Wolverhampton 6f, Class 5 handicap here with 11 runners expected to line up. Heading to the top weights for the bet here and going EW on one of the market principles in: Obe Royal (11/2 William Hill) - Big chance tonight for this horse. Drawn well in stall 3 although likes to be held up but should be able to settle early and get a decent early position although may need a little luck in running. Stable going reasonably well and is amongst the winners, whilst the jockey is excellent value for his 7lb claim. Races off same mark tonight as last few runs and is only 1lb above its last winning mark but comes here in good form and now with conditions to suit. Recent form figures of 2142143534 show how well it is holding its form, despite not always having its ideal conditions. Lto raced over 5f when staying on best of all and previous to that has been racing over 7f where, although staying on, is probably better at 6f. Has raced 3 times over 6f on the AW and results have been as follows: 1st of 8 off 69 over this course 4th of 8 off 71 at Kempton, only 1.5L off the winner 3rd of 12 off 70 at Kempton, 2L off the winner when having the worst of the draw. Looks a cracking EW bet to me. EW

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March 7.50 Wolverhampton - Try Me E/W 17058.gif Was 11/2 this morning, but still a nice price for e/w bet to nothing. Horse has an Oaks entry and trainer is in cracknig form. He had another winner at Lingfield today. The champion jockey is on board and his riding looks full of confidence. Try Me howed staying on capabilities on debut, which makes me think the extra distance will be in favour and can without a doubt land this with a bit of luck.

Re: Best Bet of the day - 27th March Segal 8.20 Wolverhampton This is effectively a 3 horse race as I don't think Dream Desert has any chance in this. Segal was mentioned in Mark Winstanleys column in the Weekender and I have had a look at the horse. Apparently has been working really well at home since its last run when it won at 1-2fav and landed a few big bets. Improving all the time and thought to be much better than its current rating. Only 10th on debut but consistent since with form of 3-2-2-1, getting off the mark last time out over 1m and made all. That is what interests me, it won't get messed about by a muddling pace and does not need holding up, it can go from the front, lead all the way and should appreciate the slight step up in trip. 3-1 in what I feel is a 3 horse race is sound value, connections like the horse and it has top class claimer William Buick on board. Had a good bet on this and usually steer clear of all weather but very confident on this. Think I might have missed deadline for BBOTD now due to typing this bloody thing up in the daily thread :(