** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

You make the play

GaF

You're on the Button. There is no Small Blind Your stack is 16xBB Everyone folds to Cut Off who Limps You have a pair of fives What do you do? ***** Hand 1007439026 ***** 75.00/150.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:55:07 PM Poker League (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: _a2s3_ (2213.00) Seat 2: Mike Ho (2095.00) Seat 3: 960martin (2145.00) Seat 4: PLkip6 (2630.00) Seat 5: Obiwan_66 (1700.00) Seat 6: fränki77 (1715.00) Seat 7: PLSteveO (3502.00) Seat 8: PLTelepee (2390.00) _a2s3_ post BB 150.00 ** Deal ** _a2s3_ [N/A, N/A] Mike Ho [N/A, N/A] 960martin [N/A, N/A] PLkip6 [N/A, N/A] Obiwan_66 [N/A, N/A] fränki77 [N/A, N/A] PLSteveO [N/A, N/A] PLTelepee [5h, 5c] *** Bet Round 1 *** Mike Ho Fold 960martin Fold PLkip6 Fold Obiwan_66 Fold fränki77 Fold PLSteveO Call 150.00

Re: You make the play Why call and give BB free cards? BB checks his option with 36o and flop comes 245 cut off raises with A3o and you have a set of 5's with the worst hand! Raising could clear out the BB and cutoff (unless he is slow playing a monster) and if the BB or cutoff comes over the top then you can throw it away. Anyhow once you dont get a set you're pretty much done with the hand if faced with action.

Re: You make the play if i was going to raise i would make it 5xbb ,i think 3x bb is giving steveo way too much value to call:loon 2xbb to call for a 7xbb pot and he must have at least a good drawing hand to have called in the first place,if he had nowt he would have raised i think. this is one of those hands that any option is ok. a fold isnt crazy because you are at best 50 50 vs a n other. a flat call is ok to either hit your 5 or steal on the flop. a raise is ok, but like i say i would make it bigger to see if steveo really has a hand or not. i would be worried about him possibly slo playing here :eekso i would probably flat call and hope for a 5 or try a pot sized bet on a checked flop:ok.

Re: You make the play I may be a poker muppet, but I reckon the best move here is the raise to 4 x BB. He doesn't show strength, you have position, plus with a low pair you are better than a coin flip to win against any random hand. You definitely want to win the pot here and now and not give him a shot at any overcards to beat you. Of course, we don't know how crafty he has been on previous hands, but I feel that my move in the scenario as it stands is the right play.

Re: You make the play ***** Hand 1007439026 ***** 75.00/150.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:55:07 PM Poker League (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: _a2s3_ (2213.00) Seat 2: Mike Ho (2095.00) Seat 3: 960martin (2145.00) Seat 4: PLkip6 (2630.00) Seat 5: Obiwan_66 (1700.00) Seat 6: fränki77 (1715.00) Seat 7: PLSteveO (3502.00) Seat 8: PLTelepee (2390.00) _a2s3_ post BB 150.00 ** Deal ** _a2s3_ [N/A, N/A] Mike Ho [N/A, N/A] 960martin [N/A, N/A] PLkip6 [N/A, N/A] Obiwan_66 [N/A, N/A] fränki77 [N/A, N/A] PLSteveO [N/A, N/A] PLTelepee [5h, 5c] *** Bet Round 1 *** Mike Ho Fold 960martin Fold PLkip6 Fold Obiwan_66 Fold fränki77 Fold PLSteveO Call 150.00 PLTelepee Raise 600.00 _a2s3_ Fold PLSteveO Raise 2400.00 What now?

Re: You make the play Gut feeling i think Steve is making a move on you, knowing if he limped you were going to raise (mainly because you both no each others game). I think you gotta fold though at best your be in a coin flip as he,s likely to be holding 2 overcards if he is bluffing or your gonna be a big underdog with a bigger pk pair.

Re: You make the play What if the hand had been: ***** Hand 1007439026 ***** 75.00/150.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:55:07 PM Poker League (Real /Tournament ) Seat 1: _a2s3_ (2213.00) Seat 2: Mike Ho (2095.00) Seat 3: 960martin (2145.00) Seat 4: PLkip6 (2630.00) Seat 5: Obiwan_66 (1700.00) Seat 6: fränki77 (1715.00) Seat 7: PLSteveO (3502.00) Seat 8: PLTelepee (2390.00) _a2s3_ post BB 150.00 ** Deal ** _a2s3_ [N/A, N/A] Mike Ho [N/A, N/A] 960martin [N/A, N/A] PLkip6 [N/A, N/A] Obiwan_66 [N/A, N/A] fränki77 [N/A, N/A] PLSteveO [N/A, N/A] PLTelepee [5h, 5c] *** Bet Round 1 *** Mike Ho Fold 960martin Fold PLkip6 Fold Obiwan_66 Fold fränki77 Fold PLSteveO Call 150.00 PLTelepee Call 150.00 _a2s3_ Check *** Flop *** [2c, 4d, 8s] *** Bet Round 2 *** _a2s3_ Check PLSteveO Check PLTelepee ?????

Re: You make the play Ok, no show of strength preflop and a pretty safe looking board so far, pot is at 450 so I'd bet about 300. This may take the pot down or if not I will at least gain info depending on if I get called or raised. Don't see any point in giving a free card as I may well have best of it at the moment.

Re: You make the play

Gut feeling i think Steve is making a move on you, knowing if he limped you were going to raise (mainly because you both no each others game). I think you gotta fold though at best your be in a coin flip as he,s likely to be holding 2 overcards if he is bluffing or your gonna be a big underdog with a bigger pk pair.
Goater you were spot on mate, I'm very impressed:ok.

Re: You make the play Ok the hand I had lads was Qc Jc. Now usually I'd raise with this kind of hand from the cut off but I know that Gaf is likely to shove over the top and he knows I will lay a weak hand down. So I decide to limp and if he does raise I'll shove over the top and I know he's good enough to lay it down. I think he would lay down AJ or lower and mid pairs and lower but weaker opponents won't let these hands go. If he does have a hand when I shove I will still have enough chips left to still be in with a shout. This hand is an example of how the opponents left to act after you has a big im pact on decision making.

Re: You make the play OK so you raised 3 or 4 bb and he came over the top, I would fold having defined some sort of hand and not knowing the opponents tendencies to come over the top with QJ. The question I have for you GaF is what would you do if you knew he had QJ ?

Re: You make the play No - SteveO limped for 150 and I shoved all in (removing any opportunity for him to come over the top of me, and negating the disadvantage of being out of position post flop, whilst also removing any more tough choices for me, where I'm not going to particularly like making them) If I knew he had QJ and he didn't know I had 55, then I would certainly shove. I would probably shove too, even if he knew I had 55.

Re: You make the play Okay - Gutsy move to put your tournament life at stake if Steve-o was limping with a big hand. Not knowing the opponents game, I would be questioning why was he limping with the position he was in unless he was trying to accumulate chips with a big hand. (You knew he wasn't a complete numpty). So I tend to agree with you on the shove or my answer of a raise but I dont think I would ever have flat called here. :notworthy