** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cheltenham - Weds - 12th (ABANDONED)

2.00 - Only 1 winner since '82 didn't finish in first 2 LTO Only 2/22 were from outside the top 6 in the betting Only 1 winner aged 7+ since '74 6/10 were 6 y-olds Only 1 4y-old win since '91 9/1 ran in Graded class LTO FORPADDYDEPLASTERER BREEDSBREEZE 2.35 - 30/33 1st or 2nd LTO 11/13 aged 7/8 y-old Only 2 Irish winers since '85 9/14 won by 2nd,3rd or 4th FAV SILVERBURN 3.15 - 18/23 Placed at a previous festival 23/24 won either C/D or at 2m2f on another track 24/26 returned at single figure odds 6/7 ran in TINGLE CREEK 27/29 finished 1st,2nd or 3rd LTO VOY POR USTEDES 4.00 - 5/13 Irish trained 4/5 won LTO 7/12 ran no more than 3 times that season Only 1 from 10 carried more than 11:03 CLARNAZAR 4.40 - No 6 y-old in 17 runnungs 4/5 won a hurdle race [ conditions changed in 2002 , before this no hurdle winner was eligible] 4/6 finished 1st or 2nd LTO 4/6 won by JJ O'NEIL IN ACCORD 5.20 - 1215 Irish trained [ w mullins = 5 of those ] 13/15 won LTO 12/15 in top 6 in the betting 9/11 were 5y-olds 13/14 had won a race with 15+ runners 4/6 had not ran in the calender year CORSKEAGH ROYALE

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th 2.00 Can't beleive the price on Aigle D'or currently I had him much shorter than this and I've just taken the 5/1 on betfair currently as I'll be surprised if this one doesn't get backed tomorrow I thought he would be clear favourite. He stays well, has speed and course form and his form is solid. Stable in form and should give Ap his first winner. Don't think Groupcaptain will like the ground nor get the trip and Forpadydeplaster will have his supportes but that form from his last run didn't do to much postives today. I think this favourite is a good thing in the first Aigle D'or @ 5/1 betfair (nap) 2.35 Hoping for a Ap double here with Albertas Run, he has the beating of Air force One when giving weight away and I see no reason why the places should reverse today has c&d form which will be the key. One at a price I can't leave out is Joe Lively I didn't see his last run but it sounds to bad to be true and I'm willing to give him another chance at a course he has 2 wins from 2 from. Albertas Run @ 6.2 betfair Joe Liverly @ 12/1 ladbrokes 3.15 Was giving Master Minded 6 pounds when they met and 5 lenghts between them that day but I'm sure that will be closed down this time round of levels. VPU only defeat on this course was in horrible conditions when giving like a stone away. He seems unstopable round here and as RP say is going to get the pace he needs with a few frontrunners in the line up. Jockey had a amazing day today and VPU can go in again for a 3rd time at the festival. Voy Por Ustedes @ 3/1 betfair (nb)

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th 2.00 - Group Captain (5/1) - the market leaders haven't done very well in this race recently but the last 20 winners all made the frame in their last start. Majority of winners aged 5-6. All of last 20 winners had won at least one race during the season and horses returning from a break between 8-60 days have won the majoirty of races. Horses who recorded an easy success on their previous start have the best record in this type of race, and Group Captain's 6 length win was the biggest winning margin LTO of any in the field. 2.35 - Air Force One (5/1) The winner is likely to have made the frame last time out and the last 19 winners of this were in the last three on their pre-Cheltenham run. Since 1999 83 % the winners of these races made the frame on the last run, with the 13 who finished 2nd or 3rd showing huge level-stake profit. Only one of the last nine winners did not start as favourite for their pre-festival run. 3.15 - Voy Por Ustedes (3/1) - will probably be short due to Choc Thornton's form today but the market guide is a good guide to this race with 12 victories since 1987 by the 1st or 2nd favourite. Most winners have been aged between 7-9. 17 of the last 20 winners had either won or finished runner up on their pre-Cheltenham run. 4.00 - Astarador (28/1) and Superior Wisdom (40/1) - this type of race mainly been won by horses carrying between 10st 7lb and 11st 7 lb and two third of winners returned from a break of between 29 and 60 days. Horses that have won their previous start have tended to do well.

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th I put up the variosu prices in my thread. 2.00 Aigle D'Or e.w NAP of the day and the whole meeting. Backed this ante post at good e.w price in double figures and reasonably confident not just on place side but also win. Good on the flat listed winner and ran midfield in group two just behind the 2007 Arc forth which just gives an indication of ability. Over hurdles two pretty impressive performances. First time may have beat little although I think Wind Instrumnet is useful but was very impressive visuably and then again at Chelt. where it showed CD no problem which is a bonus and it was very encoraging that it picked up after the mistake at the last and saw out trip well which will be needed tomorrow. Goes in different kind of ground from flat but softer would not be a problem. Fiveforthree e.w Good bumper form from last year and a touch unlucky in last years bumper, won well enough on hurdle debut and second dotted up next time, increased trip on breeding and indeed bumper style of run will suit imo and e.w claims. 2.35 A really tough race to call, looks weak imo. Starzaan e.w Decent flat horse, nothing special and decent enough hurdler for trainer who has had runners run well here in the past. Chase form two easy wins from no kind of fields but visually quite impressive. second win in two runner affair beat Duc De Regniere who had Tidal Bay form when closing in on the Arkle winner at Chelt. and was classy over hurdles at times, beat Osana and was the horse that made Mick Fitz carry on riding, reportedly, that horse may have not run a true level in fact Im certain of it but the winner Starzaan was still impressive. Thornton on board. Verasi e.w Should not be good enough but I think this is a weak race and at biggish price may have e.w claims. Solid handicapper over hurdles but maybe slightly better over fences, impressive in narrow Lead On defeat when there was excuses, mistake at last and dropped whip, and impressive when beat Old Benny, jumped really well that day, won rubbish race lto but will like stamina test these days and possible cut in ground. Trainer is very under rated imo and considered handicaps for this but went for this class race, that maybe significant. 3.15 Really considered a VPU lay who for me needs to improve big time and that is a big statement for last years winner but going with PN pair. Twist Magic e.w I know the doubts, esp. about stamina and with some justification after Asc run and on that evidence I should be on Tamarinbleu but Im not convinced if thats a 2m horse or how it will react when pressed for lead. I just think this is the class horse of the race at the moment, MM arguably has more improvemnet but this one can I believe still improve. Awesome traveller, has speed to burn these and a class turn of foot, not sure some of the others do. Would not want it getting too soft. Master Minded Really impressed lto, mass improver and should improve more. VPU got what lto but still on levels Im not sure the form would have been turned around. Likes softer and stays further seemingly, Ryan Air entry indicated that. 4.00 Naiad du Misselot e.w Put this up lto at Haydock when on testing ground and a good ride it picked up late having travelled well to win and can do so again, or at least go close. Rise after that but still reasonably unexposed, stays and trainer who always does well in these handicaps here looked in good form yesterday. County Zen e.w Seemingly prefered choice over other races for inform Hobbs'. Run well in early races over hurdles, stayed out 2m strongly and on testing so trip increase I see as a positive and form of last closing third in Totesport Gold Cup at Newb boosted by Punjabi in CH. Overstrand e.w 5 places Big price, trainer won race last year, bad form this season but dropping in handicap eventually and better with a bit of cut and this is its trip I think. 4.40 Ornais e.w steal Proper stayer for the race.Form over the whole season and run lto was its best imo when beat decent field. Prefered choice over other possibles significant maybe and a clear run and for me should be in the 4 for sure, should go close really. Old Benny e.w 4 places Agian looks a slow dour stayer, goes with a bit of cut, King flying, will probably struggle to overcome Ornais form lto but solid place claims for a race like this and before Ornais defeat, second to Verasi who i think amy go well in RSAC. 5.20 Zaarito e.w steal Takes a lot to win three bumpers but this one has and with a degree of style each time in different types of ground and bits of form have been boosted from those races for what its worth. For me the best of the Irish who do so well in the race. Mahonia e.w Just one bumper run but decent winner at Chep. which shows stamina imo. and whilst needs to improve should eb capable of better. Interesting PN only runner and the owner combination of some of the best owners around. Kingston Lane e.w Chaser in the making who won two bumpers whilst still being green enough, improvement in him, showed it stays strongly lto and trainer does well in bumpers and maybe significant this is his only runner although maybe not in that he is not riding it! 4 places

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th Just a brief review of selections for me tomorrow. 2.00 Aigle D'or - Nicky Henderson in cracking form, horse looks a decent animal, taken well to jumping, McCoy on board is a positive. NAP 2.00 Hold Em - Ultra consistent, solid form, likes track, capable and experienced, should go well at big price. 2.35 Starzaan - Capable flat horse, wont need anything special to grab a place here, looks poor renewal and cant have some of the market leaders. 2.35 Pomme Tiepy - Ruby Walsh likes this fellow, has shown good form across in Ireland, cant be discounted off bottom weight. 2.35 Albertas Run - SHowed return to for LTO, capable of improving, 9/2 looks short though. Small nibble. 3.15 Fair Along - Already on Master Minded at bigger prices ante post so trying to look outside the market leaders. Fair Along is capable of front running the rest into the ground over 2 miles. Live chances. 3.15 Newmill - Like this horse, and if he can reproduce some of his old form he could go well at a big price. 4.40 Niche Market - Horse fits most trends and looks like a capable improver, could go well at a big price. 4.40 Millards Lad - Ultra consistent sort, big step up in class but he is capable of going well. 4.40 Back on Line - Dour stayer for in form yard, jockey won on horse last time, looks to have strong claims. 5.20 Apt Approach - When Mullins likes a bumper horse, you need to take nots. Short but wouldnt want to oppose it 5.20 Corkseagh Royal - Noel Meade coming back to form and this horse looks decent. Nina Carberry in good form and should go well. Just to note, thorough research has gone into these selections, just haven't had time to post it all up. Good luck tomorrow guys. :ok:ok

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th 2.00 - Group Captain E/W @ 5/1 - Been following this horse, and LTO was very impressive. King has his horses on top form the festival, and Thornton already rode 2 winners yesterday. Should go close. (Fancy a couple more actually, but preference goes to this one) 2.35 - Pomme Tiepy E/W @ 5/1 - This is one of the best chances for Walsh to get on winning terms. It's one of the only horses that's been racing in Class 1 and winning! So has to have every chance for a place at least. 3.15 - Master Minded WIN @ 3/1 - Ok, Nicholls has 2 of the 4 candidates for a win. But given the ground, I dismiss Twist Magic. Nicholls himself said that good to soft would not suit it. Taraminbleu is from the Fest form stable, D Pipe, and could go close. But this is one of the best chances for Nicholls to have a win. 3.15 - Voy por Ustedes WIN @ 3/1 - I am actually dutching this now, but still haven't made my bets, so tomorrow will have time to decide. This horse dismisses presentations :) King + Thornton + Previous fest winner! 16.00 - County Zen E/W @ 10/1 - Would get close LTO wasn't for the mistake 4th , but stayed on and kept on closing. I think the price is a E/W appeal for me, and a great horse for Hobbs & R Johnson to score, or go close! Looks a progressive horse, and can improve a bit today! 16.40 - Here«'s Johnny @ 18/1 - This horse goes well in soft and worse ground. Keeps going close and I can't see why it can't go close today. This is an amateur racing, an open one, so stakes will be kept to a minimum, but at the price, it's worth a shot! 17.20 - Apt Approach E/W @ 9/2 - Irish trainers have a good record at this race, Mullins I think has a good record at this race, Walsh is mounting, won easily LTO and stayed on powerfully. 9/2 is a fair enough price to take an E/W punt. Not an easy race punting wise because of the prices, so Being conservative, give it an E/W shout!

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th

4.40 Millards Lad - Ultra consistent sort' date= big step up in class but he is capable of going well.
I'm on it to E/W @ 115/1 at the price more than worth a shot! Even @ small stakes :hope

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th plenty of 2nds yesterday but no luck heres todays 1400 breedsbreeze nicholls s thomas combo 14.35 albertas run my nap of the day 15.15 master minded nichols walsh combo 16.40 ornais nicholls seems to think this will win 17.20 gold award to go in at a large price

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th (ABANDONED)

what a joke, how can they abandon so early?? i would describe the weather as sunny and breezy at the moment, its not even that bad at the moment.. and were still 2hrs from racing.
you can't endanger the lives of 60,000 spectators, remember the course opens before 10am. The decision was for Health & Safety.

what a joke, how can they abandon so early?? i would describe the weather as sunny and breezy at the moment, its not even that bad at the moment.. and were still 2hrs from racing.
was right decision IMO lets say wind picks up in afternon and blows over some of the temporary stands or other buildings,it could of been a right disaster alot of people crammed in and they have to take all this into consideration :okhealth and safety and all that im still gutted but theres always the next few days :hope:hope:hope

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th (ABANDONED) OUCH gotta feel sorry for all the punters with tickets for today as all they get is a refund,all the abandoned races carry over for the next few days so all the punters with tickets for thursday or friday get extra races chucked in as well :clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: Cheltenham - Weds - 12th (ABANDONED) yeah i wasn't really thinking, sorry.:$ just disappointed as i've got the day off with nothing to do, might go down to O'Neills and try and pick upsome tips off some drunk irishmen later on.:D:lol just had 5 minutes of hail, Suns back out again now, some dark clouds in the distance, if it keeps up like this till Friday, gonna have a wager on Denman for the GC.

OUCH gotta feel sorry for all the punters with tickets for today as all they get is a refund' date='all the abandoned races carry over for the next few days so all the punters with tickets for thursday or friday get extra races chucked in as well :clap:clap:clap:clap[/quote'] Im going on friday and cant wait, Paddypower have made a very good gesture on todays ticket holders