** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March My Bet of the Day is : OSCAR PARK 2.35 CHELT.(0.5 E/W)..The selection has been impressive in his last 2 races especially LTO.He cruised to victory slamming Dr Hart by 20 lengths, and that horse well and truly franked the form last week when he had the race won at the 2nd last before running out a 12 length winner..I reckon that at odds of around 10/1 make Oscar Park is a cracking E/W bet..:ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March Chelt 2.00 Aigle D'Or e.w NAP of the day and the whole meeting 1 pt win. Backed this ante post at good e.w price in double figures and reasonably confident not just on place side but also win. Good on the flat listed winner and ran midfield in group two just behind the 2007 Arc forth which just gives an indication of ability. Over hurdles two pretty impressive performances. First time may have beat little although I think Wind Instrumnet is useful but was very impressive visuably and then again at Chelt. where it showed CD no problem which is a bonus and it was very encoraging that it picked up after the mistake at the last and saw out trip well which will be needed tomorrow. Goes in different kind of ground from flat but softer would not be a problem at all.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March Chelt 3.15 Tamarinbleu, 1 point to win Several front runners in the field & the softer ground should ensure that this is a true test of stamina for the two milers. I reckon that could rule out Twist Magic and Master Minded. VPU is an obvious danger, but he's fallen into the 'finding one too good' syndrome of late.........and I think that one could be Tamarinbleu........he has the pace to go with the front runners and the stamina to kick on again as they begin to fade. Course winner, handles the hill no problem. We all saw what Tidal Bay did to the 2 milers today, I think Tamarinbleu will do the same tomorrow.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March

Chelt 2.00 Aigle D'Or e.w NAP of the day and the whole meeting 1 pt win. Backed this ante post at good e.w price in double figures and reasonably confident not just on place side but also win. Good on the flat listed winner and ran midfield in group two just behind the 2007 Arc forth which just gives an indication of ability. Over hurdles two pretty impressive performances. First time may have beat little although I think Wind Instrumnet is useful but was very impressive visuably and then again at Chelt. where it showed CD no problem which is a bonus and it was very encoraging that it picked up after the mistake at the last and saw out trip well which will be needed tomorrow. Goes in different kind of ground from flat but softer would not be a problem at all.
Just to confirm this is win not e.w as I posted next to its name.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March 1.50 Southwell Cerebus WIN Favourite takes the drop in trip which 7 furlongs looks to be his best but under another penalty he might have to settle for runner up place. Cerebus on the other hand is better of at the weights today from her defeat to Silver hotspur and could have her own way up front today. Could well get an easy lead and should be hard to peg back.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March 1.50 Sou - DIVERTIMENTI - 8/1 Betfred Now only 6 runners go to post for this and I make this the EW bet of the day. Poor last couple of runs, but now back to 7f on a track that will suit. Dropped a further couple of pounds too, now on its last winning mark and question marks over its rivals due to their absences of over 30 days. Only the fav, who last ran 8 days ago, looks straightforward but has a lot of weight to concede. Remember, this horse finished 3rd to Holy Roman Emperor on its 2yo debut and races off its joint lowest mark ever today. EW

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March 415 Hunt: Rebel Melody 1pt win Charlie Mann has to be respected with his improving horses and places them so well, looks to only have to carry on the normal progression to take this staying race. A lot of exposed sorts in opposition.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March 2:15 Huntingdon - GRANTSVILLE - 1pt Win Race with not much ability on show, Listed winner on the Flat in Germany and a few respectable efforts off marks in the mid 70s for this yard last year, few decent efforts over hurdles so far, this a much easier assignment should be winning here.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March STEIG 3.00 Southwell. 1 point win. Consistent sort and this surface, although a question to answer, should suit well enough and if that's the case then the race should go his way. Has the ability to win this and good jockey in James Doyle on board. All other runners have more questions to answer in my opinion, so looks a value bet.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March my best bet of the day would be littonfountain 340 south. 1 pt win. has the form to go well. surface new, but should be ok for him. trip fine. jockey fine. open to improve. others vulnerable to his unexposed nature.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March 3.30 Huntingdon. Tiegs. 0.5 points each way. Open looking race, as so 'should' come down to tactics and the best race make up. I think this mare can go well from the front (let's hope they decide to go from the front!) and stretch them out, then with 'hopefully' jumping fluently she can keep going and then should certainly be involved in the finish. Not too keen on lady apprentice handicaps as a rule, but value is value I suppose, and this one does appear a bit of value at an each way price.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March

3.30 Huntingdon. Tiegs. 0.5 points each way. Open looking race, as so 'should' come down to tactics and the best race make up. I think this mare can go well from the front (let's hope they decide to go from the front!) and stretch them out, then with 'hopefully' jumping fluently she can keep going and then should certainly be involved in the finish. Not too keen on lady apprentice handicaps as a rule, but value is value I suppose, and this one does appear a bit of value at an each way price.
4lb over weight, the fat cow! probably stopped it getting place too.:spank Oh well, my fault for not checking I spose...:$

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March H4.15 Stars Delight 0.5pt E/W This one looks like a E/W bet to nothing in a race which is very winnable. Nine go to post but you can put a line through 4 or 5 of them so the place looks very achievable. Has won over C&D, and has a jockey on board who has got the most from it in the past.

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March Wolverhampton 8:50 Mineral Rights Only career win (13 runs) came from this course and distance (30Jan). Trainer Mrs L A Perratt has 6 wins, 3 seconds, 2 thirds, and 5 fourths from 27 runs this year. Her form looks to be getting closer to a winner - 2-3-11-4 from her last four runners. She has another runner tonight, Kames Park, but Mineral Rights offers a better value. Kames Park is odds-on favorite thanks to being dropped into a Class 5 Claming stakes after the last two runs in a Class handicap. Perrat Also has all wins this year from 5f to 10f runners, Kames Park is going for 12f and Mineral Rights at 7f. 5 pts ew @ 6-1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Best Bet of the Day-Wednesday 12th March Final Tune 8.20 Wolverhampton (EACH WAY) Mormick could go off in front again at a decent pace and may be fighting out the finsh with Given A Choice but those two are around 2-1/3-1 and I feel with 8 runners still in the field there may be more value taking a chance with Final Tune. It has been off course for 221 days but it placed here last April off 72 and can be held up or race prominently. Goes off 74 tonight and could well go close at around 14-1.