Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March

Wednesday 12 March 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Zenit v Marseille (16:30GMT) 2.253.403.55102% Details »
Hide « Zenit v Marseille
Hamburger SV v Bayer Leverkusen (16:45GMT) 2.043.553.90103% Details »
Hide « Hamburger SV v Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern München v Anderlecht (19:45GMT) 1.257.0015.00101% Details »
Hide « Bayern München v Anderlecht
Everton v Fiorentina (19:45GMT) 2.063.503.75104% Details »
Hide « Everton v Fiorentina
PSV v Tottenham (19:45GMT) 2.363.653.25101% Details »
Hide « PSV v Tottenham
Getafe v Benfica (20:00GMT) 2.103.454.00102% Details »
Hide « Getafe v Benfica
Thursday 13 March 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Werder Bremen v Rangers (19:30GMT) 1.614.206.00102% Details »
Hide « Werder Bremen v Rangers
Sporting v Bolton (20:00GMT) 1.753.554.60107% Details »
Hide « Sporting v Bolton

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Ok first i want to say this is not a bragg post, Its & iv had trouble sleeping about this. Last few weeks iv hit a bit of a lucky spell & was able to raise my bets due to a growing bankroll. Below is my bets from the weekend gone and I currently have a dilemma. Please take a peak at them below and all help is welcomed, I want to know the best way of offsetting these bets to ensure a profit, I Use bet 365 and at this minute and time I do not see an option for “Double Chance” of draw Or Away win in Sporting Vs Bolton Uefa Cup Game.

Currently

Draw12/5 Bolton 7/2

1 13/03/2008 Sporting v Bolton -- Sporting 8/11 To Run 2 09/03/2008 Genoa v Juventus -- Juventus 23/20 Won 3 09/03/2008 Marseille v St Etienne --Marseille 8/11 Won 4 09/03/2008 Tottenham v West Ham --Tottenham 4/5 Won 5 09/03/2008 Mallorca v Huelva -- Mallorca 10/11 Won 6 09/03/2008 Osasuna v Almeria -- Osasuna 11/10 Won Bet Type No of Bets -- Unit Stake -- Stake -- To Win -- Returns Six-Folds 1 15.00 -- 15.00 -- 679.33

1 13/03/2008 Sporting v Bolton -- Sporting 8/11 To Run

2 08/03/2008 Real Zaragoza v Atletico Madrid -- Real Zaragoza 8/5 Won

3 09/03/2008 Genoa v Juventus --Juventus 23/20 Won

4 09/03/2008 Marseille v St Etienne --Marseille 8/11 Won

5 09/03/2008 Lyon v Bordeaux -- Lyon 4/5 Won

Bet Type No of Bets -- Unit Stake -- Stake --To Win -- Returns

Five-Folds 1 15.00 -- 15.00 -- 435.29

1 13/03/2008 Sporting v Bolton -- Sporting 8/11 To Run 2 08/03/2008 Real Zaragoza v Atletico Madrid -- Real Zaragoza 8/5 Won 3 09/03/2008 Napoli v Roma -- Roma 23/20 Won 4 09/03/2008 Genoa v Juventus – Juventus 23/20 Won Bet Type No of Bets -- Unit Stake-- Stake -- To Win -- Returns Four-Folds 1 15.00 --15.00 -- 296.39

So For me to win £1400 All I need is Sporting to do a job at home to Bolton which im very confident about. HOWEVER iv been around long enough to know that when ur waiting on the 1 team your 95% sure about , its usually them that let you down so As of now I need a back up.

Any1 got any usefull information considering Iv checket out Bet365 who at this time don’t have “Double Chance” On offer

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Lay off sporting at betfair @ around 1.80 maybe for a specific amount that you would be happy with winning (should sporting fail to win) If I was in your position I would personally be quite happy to lay Sporting for about 600-700 quid. Thats what you'd win if they fcuked up. If they did go on to beat Bolton then you'd have about 1k of profit thanks to your other bets.

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March i think hamburger sv will grab a win against bayer leverkusen. surely everton will win against fiorentina but i'm not sure about winning the leg i think it will be 3-1 or 2-1 maybe 3-0. i mean over 2.5 is a possibility too. but i am sure of one thing bremen will not past rangers that match will be over 2.5 and bremen won't win!!

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March My bets in the UEFA Cup: Getafe-Benfica I'll keep it simple here. Getafe is getting good results but they failed to impress me in the 1st leg against Benfica. They play on the opponents mistake, take little risks and were very lucky to win that game against a Benfica side that played 81m with only 10 men (and was already missing a lot of 1st team regulars). Camacho (former Benfica coach) just resigned and apparently Benfica will be coached until the end of the season by Assistant coach and former Benfica (and Portuguese National Team) glory Fernando Chalana. Benfica has Cardozo and Bynia suspended and Nuno Assis, Luisão and David Luiz injured but they just got back Nuno Gomes (last weekend) and will also have back in the team Katsouranis, Maxi Pereira, Makukula, Petit and Nelson. I'm betting Benfica players are angry by the way they lost the 1st leg match and will be looking at turning things around. My pick: away win; PSV-Tottenham Keeping it simple again here. According to reports, PSV outplayed the Spurs in the 1st leg and won the game...Tottenham is a much better side IMO and will be looking for revenge here. They have to win in order to advance to the next round and if they play with the correct attitude they have more than enough value to beat PSV. My pick: away PK; Good luck! JC

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March

Lay off sporting at betfair @ around 1.80 maybe for a specific amount that you would be happy with winning (should sporting fail to win) If I was in your position I would personally be quite happy to lay Sporting for about 600-700 quid. Thats what you'd win if they fcuked up. If they did go on to beat Bolton then you'd have about 1k of profit thanks to your other bets.
Honestly, I only trust Sporting as far as I can throw them :lol...and wouldn't be surprised if Bolton pull an upset here. I would follow meatman's advice "just in case"... Good luck! JC

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March PSV are incredible value against Spurs - 2.6 with VCBet, and you can get -0 AH with Bet365 at 1.83. Lets look at the facts; they beat Spurs in the 1st leg, at White Hart Lane. They have a home league record of 10-2-1. Spurs have an away league record of 2-6-7 (and one of the wins was at Derby, which hardly counts :lol ). PSV have bags of European experience compared to Spurs. While I appreciate that Spurs are still in this tie, and are well capable of an upset, the odds here are ridiculous, and I suspect they are coloured by a slightly jingoistic English tendency to overestimate our quality compared to other nations. PSV are a damn good team, well clear at the top of the Eredivisie. Tottenham are a mid-table Premiership side with bags of potential and talent, and an excellent manager. But its clear to me that there is terrific value with the home side here.

PSV are incredible value against Spurs - 2.6 with VCBet, and you can get -0 AH with Bet365 at 1.83. Lets look at the facts; they beat Spurs in the 1st leg, at White Hart Lane. They have a home league record of 10-2-1. Spurs have an away league record of 2-6-7 (and one of the wins was at Derby, which hardly counts :lol ). PSV have bags of European experience compared to Spurs. While I appreciate that Spurs are still in this tie, and are well capable of an upset, the odds here are ridiculous, and I suspect they are coloured by a slightly jingoistic English tendency to overestimate our quality compared to other nations. PSV are a damn good team, well clear at the top of the Eredivisie. Tottenham are a mid-table Premiership side with bags of potential and talent, and an excellent manager. But its clear to me that there is terrific value with the home side here.
Which team needs a goal? which team will be on back foot? I don't need to answer those do i.

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March What: Uefa Cup, Round of 16, 2nd leg Who: Hamburg (3rd Bundesliga) v (Bayer Leverkusen (4th Bundesliga) When: Wednesday 12th March, 17:45 (CET) Where: HSH Nordbank Arena This round of 16 match between the German title chasers is finely poised after an evenly fought first leg. Bayer Leverkusen lead by the solitary goal, and with no away goal against them will start as slight favourites. However, HSV will be confident of getting a result at home with their strong defence. Both back lines looked strong in the first leg with clear chances few and far between, but with 13 minutes left Greek international Theofanis Gekas rose to meet a Tranquillo Barnetta corner giving the HSV keeper Frank Rost no chance and Bayer a 1-0 win. Hamburg Need To Spark Hamburg really need to produce a performance in front of their home fans if they are to progress to the quarter finals and give trainer Huub Stevens the perfect send-off with a European trophy this season. Despite the one goal deficit from last week, HSV manager Dietmar Beiersdorfer is confident Huub Stevens' side can turn it around at the HSH Nordbank Arena. "We are at home so it is not over yet" he told the club's official website. "There are still 90 minutes to play and we have got to start by getting this goal back. "I am optimistic that we can play an excellent game." Hamburg's long European campaign rests on this one game and they are keen to extend their winning run which began back in June with an Intertoto Cup win. And as the Hanseaten are the only one of three Intertoto Cup final winners remaining in this season’s Uefa Cup, they have been declared the official winners of that competition and will receive the trophy before Wednesday's match. But they want to get their hands on the Uefa Cup, and goalkeeper Frank Rost believes a win against Leverkusen would be a vital step in the growth of the club. "If we want to achieve big things, then we have got to be capable of turning things round like this" he said. Advantage Bayer A 1-0 lead from the first leg and an impressive 2-0 win over Hannover at the weekend has given Bayer Leverkusen a great deal of self-confidence ahead of their trip North to face Hamburg in the second leg of this Uefa Cup tie. Michael Skibbe’s side have put themselves in the driving seat with the 1-0 victory achieved last week at the Bay-Arena. They also believe that the omens are on their side as they beat fellow German side Werder Bremen on the way to lifting the trophy 20 years ago. Omens or no omens the form shown by the Werkself this season on their travels is enough to have them confident of achieving the minimum result of a draw they need. In the Bundesliga, they have achieved positive results against the likes of Schalke, Hannover and Wolfsburg away from home, although they did lose the league game at the HSH Nordbank Arena against HSV back in August thanks to a penalty from Rafael van der Vaart. TEAM NEWS Hamburg Huub Stevens will be without the services of both Nigel de Jong and Vincent Kompany as the pair picked up their third bookings in the first leg. Guy Demel is a doubt with a hamstring strain, but it is hoped he will be fit to make the game. The defensive all-rounder was forced to sit out of the weekend draw with Nürnberg. Mohamed Zidan was also forced out of the weekend action, but is also expected to be able to return to the squad on Wednesday. Colin Benjamin is unavailable after flying home to Namibia for his father’s funeral. Probable starting XI: Rost, Boateng, Reinhardt, Mathijsen, Brecko, Demel, Jarolim, van der Vaart, Trochowski, Guerrero, Olic Bayer Leverkusen "There are no injuries and even the players who have taken knocks are fit" reported trainer Michael Skibbe on Tuesday. That means Hans Sarpei will be fit to return to the starting XI and Sergej Barbarez is likely to support Stefan Kießling up front. Another option would be for Arturo Vidal to drop down to the bench and Theofanis Gekas playing as a second striker. Probable starting XI: Adler, Castro, Haggui, Friedrich, Sarpei, Vidal, Rolfes, Schneider, Barbarez, Barnetta, Kießling PLAYERS TO WATCH Hamburg- Rafael van der Vaart Van der Vaart is Hamburg’s go to guy in situations like this. The Dutch midfield maestro has the talent to turn this game in HSV’s favour and his free kick and corner delivery will be a key to unlocking a tight Leverkusen defence. He too would desperately want to get his hands on some silverware before leaving the club in the summer. Bayer Leverkusen- Tranquillo Barnetta The Swiss youngster is fast becoming an irreplaceable part in Michael Skibbe’s well-oiled machine. Recent weeks have seen his personal impact on games increase with his vision and his assists. More of the same against Hamburg would go a long way to seeing Bayer through to the quarter-finals. PREDICTION The goal from the first leg will I feel prove vital as the sides finish all-square at the HSH Nordbank Arena. The personnel worries at HSV will hurt them with key players de Jong and Kompany absent. The offensive power of Leverkusen against the defensive strength of Hamburg will be interesting to watch, but a 1-1 draw will see the Werkself through 2-1 on aggregate. Hamburg -Bayer Leverkusen=1x 3:2 GL!:cheers

What: Uefa Cup, Round of 16, 2nd leg Who: Hamburg (3rd Bundesliga) v (Bayer Leverkusen (4th Bundesliga) When: Wednesday 12th March, 17:45 (CET) Where: HSH Nordbank Arena PREDICTION The goal from the first leg will I feel prove vital as the sides finish all-square at the HSH Nordbank Arena. The personnel worries at HSV will hurt them with key players de Jong and Kompany absent. The offensive power of Leverkusen against the defensive strength of Hamburg will be interesting to watch, but a 1-1 draw will see the Werkself through 2-1 on aggregate. Hamburg -Bayer Leverkusen=1X GL!:cheers
are you Mathew Burt ? if you copy smt from somewhere at least write that you have copied

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Getafe-Benfica: For Benfica thi´s one Game of the season! With the resignation of Camacho, or they win this match or else, will have an end of season even more painful ... The environment in the team should be a mixture of emotions. New coach Chalana should be appealing to all forces of players, trying to moralise them to this match. The players of course, will want to show the fans and previuos coach Camacho that are worth more than what it has shown in last games. Regarding last week's game, Benfica has not available Cardozo and Luisão. However account now with the return of Nuno Gomes, Makukula, Maxi Pereira and Petit! that gives more quality to the team. One negative is the fact that Benfica only have a central available (Edcarlos), but "Katso" already showed that plays good on these functions. Getafe have some difficulties in the preparation of the team, nothing more that 9 absences! Seven of injury and two suspended. They have got lot of missings for this match: Cata Díaz, Granero, Manu del Moral and Pablo Hérnandez, all regulars, all out. Also typical bench options Mario, Pallardó, Sousa, Uche and Braulio are out. Central defenders will be Belenguer and Tena surelly, Belenger isn´t fully fit and they haven´t got more players for this position, so if he has got problems will play De La Red in the centre of the defense and this is not good for Geta because is their best playmaker. Laudrup says that assemble a team of a slower demand in the counter-attack, because of this problems. Pick: 7/10 on Benfica +0.25 at 2.03 with 188bet

Everton v Fiorentina One thing the Italians are good at is defending leads in this kind of situation, Everton have been grinding results out and I'd expect this to be very close.... Under 1.5 goals @ 9/4 Football Tipper
I like the look of this one too. Osman is looking doubtful for tonight and Cahill and Pienaar picked up knocks at the weekend. Everton have done well this season with the squad they have, but I think tonight could prove to be a bridge to far for them. If they fail to score in the first 20 mins then I cant see them scoring at all. Draw/Draw HT/FT @ 9/2 also looks tempting

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Zenit to win @ 2.28 betfair. Small on Zenit to qualify @ 5.2 betfair. I have to admit Not much research has been done .I do believe this team can't be beaten at home . No one can play on that field except them .That's why the odds are short. From what i see this is the best value .Win or lose . GL.

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March PSV vs Spurs 6/4 for home win?! i'll have some of that thanks, PSV recent European pedigree is alot stronger than the north london club, they've claimed some decent scalps over the years at home in the champions league including beating Arsenal 1-0 at last season, their domestic home form includes 10 wins from 13, only one defeat, scoring 35 goals in the process and conceding just 11. Spurs on the otherhand have won twice from 15 attempts on the road in the league and were massacred at Birmingham, Although the 4-0 rout over West Ham will give alot of confidence, this is a tougher assignment. Home WIN 6/4 PSV to QUALIFY 4/11

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March UEFA Cup Soccer - PSV Eindhoven/Tottenham - total Over 2½ (-103) for the regulation time held on Mar 12 at 2:45pm [pending] Going with my gut, not with my head, on this one. PSV shocked the Spurs in London last week 1-0, with bettors solidly on Tottenham and the overs. Now the play moves to the Netherlands, and this is just an incredible price for overs between these two teams. Here's what speaks to unders in the game: PSV play a controlled game in ordinary circumstances (35-11 goal differential in 13 home games, with the 35 speaking more to their dominance of poorer Eredivisie teams than their attacking strength) and in this case have a 1-0 lead with an away goal in hand. They need only draw to advance to the Cup quarterfinals, and their number-one goal today is to keep a clean sheet. For their part, Tottenham is no longer the messy defending side they were before the coaching change, although their dodgy keeper Robinson gets off his line at least once every game. But the 6-4 games are a thing of the past, especially with King in the lineup. So, why overs? Because, really, defense is not the Spurs' strength: attacking is. They dominated the play for the first half hour of the first leg and didn't score, but once behind they had several good chances to equalize...and their poor defending almost cost them a second away goal later. My feeling here is that the Spurs are once again overrated, but one thing we know they can do is attack, and PSV showed with their goal that they know how to play rope-a-dope. If the Spurs score, PSV must score to avoid this game going to extra time. Both teams are quite capable of putting in two today, so to me the line is an overreaction to the final score of the first leg.

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March PSV are an amazing price for the home win, incredible really. Spurs have only 2 league wins away all season, and one of those at Derby. PSV are 10-2-1 in the league at home. Won 1-0 at White Hart Lane. Why the odds are as they are is anyone's guess. I've gone DNB just in case.

PSV-Tottenham Keeping it simple again here. According to reports, PSV outplayed the Spurs in the 1st leg and won the game...Tottenham is a much better side IMO and will be looking for revenge here. They have to win in order to advance to the next round and if they play with the correct attitude they have more than enough value to beat PSV. My pick: away PK; Good luck! JC
I completely disagree with that. I saw the first leg and it was quite clear that PSV are different class compared to Spurs. Their team work and general play seemed to be excellent, they were assured in defence and attack, and knew what to do with the ball in every situation they faced....where as the Spurs players appear to play purely for themselves and are not a clever football team. Add on to that the mistakes of Robinson...not sure if he's playing, but even Cerny, who I believe made a howler in the first leg against Slavia for their goal doesn't fill me with confidence. I would be extremely surprised if Spurs walk away with anything more than 1 point....but this is football, so surprises do happen....take note also of the way they played against Anderlecht away, and against Slavia Prague away....nothing that would inspire me with confidence to take them on...in fact, Spurs haven't really inspired me at all in the UEFA cup...

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Hamburg looks like well set, expected them to be around @2.25. Hard to say if there is not more value in the LAY of Hamburg, I guess not. However, looks like to become a good game, as close as it still is. The HSV impressed at home what they use to do, away performances were more defesive and disappointing partly, like in first leg. Missing situation is critical as the whole DM will be new plus joker Zidan out (Sorin and Atouba close before return. With Olic and Guerrero, 2 men in attack are expected. Leverkusen convince with consistent form, still I give the edge to the home team which should be the slight edge stronger at top level. A HSV on fire can become tough for Leverkusen, the other way round too of course if Leverkusen don't hide much. I think I would have denied an Over bet at even odds for the Over 2.5, to give them for Over 2.25 looks like value though, no matter how often the 2 top clubs played close games in league. After all, at least 2 goals seem makable what would reduce loss to the half. It is a little stormy today but it shouldn't affect the performances too much. Hamburg (-0.25) AH @ 1.9 betdaq 4/10 Over 2.25 goals @ 1.97 betdaq 3/10

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Thought about Bayern but the (-1.5) AH doesn't attract me too much regarding the outs of Ribéry, Toni, Zé Roberto and Schweinsteiger. Ottl and Kroos are expected in first XI, just like new defender Breno, Sosa and Klose, Podolski (Schlaudraff). Well, Anderlecht were quite weak in first leg, the question is if they perform better in this one and what strength the new Bayern team reaches, maybe also how much Bayern put into this game.

I completely disagree with that. I saw the first leg and it was quite clear that PSV are different class compared to Spurs. Their team work and general play seemed to be excellent, they were assured in defence and attack, and knew what to do with the ball in every situation they faced....where as the Spurs players appear to play purely for themselves and are not a clever football team. Add on to that the mistakes of Robinson...not sure if he's playing, but even Cerny, who I believe made a howler in the first leg against Slavia for their goal doesn't fill me with confidence. I would be extremely surprised if Spurs walk away with anything more than 1 point....but this is football, so surprises do happen....take note also of the way they played against Anderlecht away, and against Slavia Prague away....nothing that would inspire me with confidence to take them on...in fact, Spurs haven't really inspired me at all in the UEFA cup...
We don't have to agree :)... ...it is just my opinion (that's why I mentioned IMO...) that, despite being outplayed in the 1st game in London, the Spurs have far better players and have a far better coach than PSV. Same thing with Getafe and Benfica...IMO Benfica as, by far, much better and experienced players if that's enough to win a football game that's a different story. Cheers. JC

Lay off sporting at betfair @ around 1.80 maybe for a specific amount that you would be happy with winning (should sporting fail to win) If I was in your position I would personally be quite happy to lay Sporting for about 600-700 quid. Thats what you'd win if they fcuked up. If they did go on to beat Bolton then you'd have about 1k of profit thanks to your other bets.
Double chance has popped up on bet365 at 5/4 for Draw/Away I been doing maths and please correct me if im wrong. If i place £350 on Bet365 on X2 I win £437 if sporting dont win, If Sporting do win my winnings from previous bets drops to £1k Now this is were i get confused If i lay sporting at £425 @ 1.67 (current) Id have give up a total of £718 If They win bringing by current bets down to £700. I may be doing this maths way wrong and i hope you's understand my drift, so allin all is it not more more profitable to bet the double chance on bet365 than to lay on betfair. :eek F.A.O MEATMAN & JCTIPS

Double chance has popped up on bet365 at 5/4 for Draw/Away I been doing maths and please correct me if im wrong. If i place £350 on Bet365 on X2 I win £437 if sporting dont win, If Sporting do win my winnings from previous bets drops to £1k Now this is were i get confused If i lay sporting at £425 @ 1.67 (current) Id have give up a total of £718 If They win bringing by current bets down to £700. I may be doing this maths way wrong and i hope you's understand my drift, so allin all is it not more more profitable to bet the double chance on bet365 than to lay on betfair. :eek F.A.O MEATMAN & JCTIPS
If you lay Sporting @ 1.67 for £425.00 it only costs you £284.75 should they win not £718

My bets in the UEFA Cup: Getafe-Benfica I'll keep it simple here. Getafe is getting good results but they failed to impress me in the 1st leg against Benfica. They play on the opponents mistake, take little risks and were very lucky to win that game against a Benfica side that played 81m with only 10 men (and was already missing a lot of 1st team regulars). Camacho (former Benfica coach) just resigned and apparently Benfica will be coached until the end of the season by Assistant coach and former Benfica (and Portuguese National Team) glory Fernando Chalana. Benfica has Cardozo and Bynia suspended and Nuno Assis, Luisão and David Luiz injured but they just got back Nuno Gomes (last weekend) and will also have back in the team Katsouranis, Maxi Pereira, Makukula, Petit and Nelson. I'm betting Benfica players are angry by the way they lost the 1st leg match and will be looking at turning things around. My pick: away win; PSV-Tottenham Keeping it simple again here. According to reports, PSV outplayed the Spurs in the 1st leg and won the game...Tottenham is a much better side IMO and will be looking for revenge here. They have to win in order to advance to the next round and if they play with the correct attitude they have more than enough value to beat PSV. My pick: away PK; Good luck! JC
Hi JC, Interested in your bets here, however have one question, whats does...... "away PK" mean..? Cheers mate :ok