Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March

We don't have to agree :)... ...it is just my opinion (that's why I mentioned IMO...) that, despite being outplayed in the 1st game in London, the Spurs have far better players and have a far better coach than PSV.
I completely agree with that. Look Benites in Liverpool - a lot of experience (two CL finals in last three seasons) and good in tactics (just one an example: last two games against Inter). And what Ramos has - won last two UEFA Cup finals and won Carling Cup against Chelsea (good estimation for Chelsea's players -> choose the winning tactic to win the trophy).
Same thing with Getafe and Benfica...IMO Benfica as' date=' by far, much better and experienced players if that's enough to win a football game that's a different story.[/quote'] I only want to add that Getafe will be without nine players: Daniel Cata Diaz, Esteban Granero, Francisco Sousa, Mario Alvarez, Ikechuckwu Uche, Manu del Moral, Miguel Pallardo, Braulio and Pablo Hernandez. Also the host will play 2nd leg semi-final in Copa del Ray against Santander next Wednesday. So I rate that the value is on away teams in these games. GL tonight :hope

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March PSV vs Tottenham 20:45 (GMT+1) Tonight in a fully packed stadium we have the 2nd leg in the Uefa-cup between Dutch-side PSV and the English spurs. Tottenham is hungry for some trohpies, a long time ago they were very succesfull in europe. Butt the fans haven't seen any prizes in the last decade. They hope to win the UEFA cup with Ramos, who is a little bit under pressure. Tottenham are performing not so good recently lost 4:1 against Birmingham and lost the 1st leg 0:1 to PSV. However they showed their strength in their last match against West Ham 4-0, they showed they could pop in some goals. Their offense is strong, but their defense is bad. Butt will it be enough to beat smart PSV? NO! PSV, the champions from Holland are feeling very good at the moment, they have a bigger chance into qualifying. PSV is in the most comfartable position to win tonight. Based on their style of play, having a Tottenham on visit, who have to score from start, is the best scenario PSV could wish fore. PSV is at its best when they have to play defensive. PSV is a very smart team, and usually bigger teams underestimate them, plus they are at full strength. I expect PSV to wait for mistakes of the opponent and than take advantage of it. They will atleast draw. Pick: PSV DNB! Squad info Tottenham: Jenas injured. Woodgate returns PSV: -

If you lay Sporting @ 1.67 for £425.00 it only costs you £284.75 should they win not £718
Thanks iv recognised my mistake, As a novice of Betfair I was looking at payout instead of Liability. Iv had this fully explained to me now so thanks Thomas & Meatman.. Gonna keep eye on trading & hope for it to hit 1.65 :ok

Zenit to win @ 2.28 betfair. Small on Zenit to qualify @ 5.2 betfair. I have to admit Not much research has been done .I do believe this team can't be beaten at home . No one can play on that field except them .That's why the odds are short. From what i see this is the best value .Win or lose . GL.
:ok:ok

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Quick question - was the first leg score between Getafe and Benfica 0-0? Just I've seen the odds on Benfica to qualify and well they look a bit long if it's right that it's 0-0 after the first leg?

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Just seen that the score was 2-1 to Getafe from the first leg. Looks like Sky Sports haven't got the first leg scores right in their Sky Live Scorecentre except for Spurs and Everton, the English clubs.

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Sporting v Bolton You can tell where Megsons priorities lie with the squad he`s taking out there!! Theres no Jussi, Nolan, Davies, Diouff, Taylor, O Brien, Campo, Gardener, Mccann, Cohen, Rasiak, Steinsson. Theres a couple banned and injured and ineligable in there but the majority are being saved for the Wigan game. I struggle to think who will actually be playing. With this in mind only 1 bet here i think and thats Sporting all the way.

Hi ScottishBhoy87, That mean "level ball" in AsianHandicap market (usually Pinnacle use this mannear). I'm not JC, but I hope this help you? GL tonight :hope
Good explanation Roskos :ok! In more detail: It basically means that you win if the team you pick wins the game.

If there’s a tie you get your money back. If the team you picked loses the game, you lose.

Example: today I had PSV-Tottenham – away PK. This means that I won because the Spurs won. I would get my money back if it was a draw and I would lose in case of a PSV win.

:cheers JC

I completely agree with that. Look Benites in Liverpool - a lot of experience (two CL finals in last three seasons) and good in tactics (just one an example: last two games against Inter). And what Ramos has - won last two UEFA Cup finals and won Carling Cup against Chelsea (good estimation for Chelsea's players -> choose the winning tactic to win the trophy). I only want to add that Getafe will be without nine players: Daniel Cata Diaz, Esteban Granero, Francisco Sousa, Mario Alvarez, Ikechuckwu Uche, Manu del Moral, Miguel Pallardo, Braulio and Pablo Hernandez. Also the host will play 2nd leg semi-final in Copa del Ray against Santander next Wednesday. So I rate that the value is on away teams in these games. GL tonight :hope
It was indeed Roskos...the only thing missing for Benfica was a "warrior attitude" which was needed and they didn't show tonight. :cheers JC

My bets in the UEFA Cup: Getafe-Benfica I'll keep it simple here. Getafe is getting good results but they failed to impress me in the 1st leg against Benfica. They play on the opponents mistake, take little risks and were very lucky to win that game against a Benfica side that played 81m with only 10 men (and was already missing a lot of 1st team regulars). Camacho (former Benfica coach) just resigned and apparently Benfica will be coached until the end of the season by Assistant coach and former Benfica (and Portuguese National Team) glory Fernando Chalana. Benfica has Cardozo and Bynia suspended and Nuno Assis, Luisão and David Luiz injured but they just got back Nuno Gomes (last weekend) and will also have back in the team Katsouranis, Maxi Pereira, Makukula, Petit and Nelson. I'm betting Benfica players are angry by the way they lost the 1st leg match and will be looking at turning things around. My pick: away win; lost PSV-Tottenham Keeping it simple again here. According to reports, PSV outplayed the Spurs in the 1st leg and won the game...Tottenham is a much better side IMO and will be looking for revenge here. They have to win in order to advance to the next round and if they play with the correct attitude they have more than enough value to beat PSV. My pick: away PK; won Good luck! JC
Very small profit...I'll take it. JC

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March My bets for tomorrow's UEFA Cup games: Out of 6 games played today in the UEFA Cup, there were no draws...I see tomorrow's games as good games for draw bets so I'll be betting on that (if I hit 1 I have a profit, if I hit 2 I have a very nice profit). Plus, it seems like everybody and their mother is betting on the "favourites" (which are also the home "home teams") tomorrow so I'll bet "against it" :). Bremen-G. Rangers Rangers are in great form with a 7-3-0 overall record in their last 10 games and will be more than happy with a draw tomorrow (just like recently in Greece against Panathinaikos). Bremen has great striking power but I see Rangers holding on. My pick: draw; Sporting-Bolton Anything can really happen in a match but I just love this one...it's like everyone already knew that Bolton is gonna lose.

Bolton is resting many players (EPL is their top priority) and Sporting is the favourite here but they've been far too inconsistent and the team is completely exhausted both mentally and physically (that showed in their last game against Guimarães) and their defense is very vulnerable. My pick: draw; Good luck! JC

Why are Rangers such a high price? Anyone know?
Werder's home form in Europe is pretty formidable over the past few years last year beating Chelsea and holding Barcelona in Bremen. On their run to the UEFA Cup semi-final last season they comfortably beat Ajax 3-0 and Alkmaar 4-1. This season has seen impressive scalps once more beating Lazio 2-1 and Real 3-2 in the group stages at home. They have a strong domestic home record also 10 0 2 and are the highest scorers with 34 goals. Rangers on the other hand, apart from a 3-0 victory in Lyon where everything went right for them don't have a recent history of posting victories in tough away european matches and having won the first leg 2-0, would be happy with a narrow defeat or even 3-1 or any draw would send them through so I hope that helps to explain Rangers price, assuming you mean to win the game over 90 minutes.

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March What 2 great games last night in tottenham and everton and glad i didn't bet! Tonight don't be fooled by bolton resting some players, sporting are in poor form also and as you saw in madrid we can cause an upset. prediction 1 1 extra time and penalties, bolton winning 7-6 on pens

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March Werder Bremen - Rangers The Weserstadion in the northwestern port city of Bremen will host the conclusion of this intriguing Uefa Cup battle between two Champions League drop-outs.

Both teams came third in tough CL groups, with Bremen finishing behind Olympiakos and Real Madrid, but ahead of Lazio. Rangers ousted Werder’s Bundesliga rivals Stuttgart, but were edged out by Barcelona and Lyon.In the European afterlife, Bremen professionally shrugged of SC Braga 4-0 on aggregate, whist Rangers needed a last-gasp away goal to pip Panathinaikos 1-1 on aggregate. Therefore, Bremen came into this tie as favourites to make the quarter-finals and, by their own admission, go all the way to the City of Manchester Stadium showpiece.

Few, then, would have predicted Rangers’ first leg dominance. Goalkeeper Tim Weise was the villain as he allowed Daniel Cousin’s effort to drop over his head for the opener at the end of the first half before spilling the ball onto the feet of the onrushing Steven Davis after the break. Rangers’ only regret was failing to add a third on the night.

Faltering

A dismal week was completed when the Green-Whites were stunned 6-3 at Stuttgart. Over 100,000 people in the space of just over 48 hours saw Werder’s defensive frailties in the flesh.

They are now 7 points behind leaders Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table, with just 7 points separating them from 7th placed Karlsruher. This treble seven will become harsh reality if head coach Thomas Schaaf can’t mastermind their passage into the latter stages of the Uefa Cup.

Still, it has been Werder’s away for that has seen their seasonal hopes begin to unravel, as they have lost seven (there’s a pattern emerging) of their last ten in all competitions. What was recently a very real title challenge could now be a dogfight for a Champions League place.

At the Weserstadion, though, the Green-Whites fans have roared their team to nine wins in ten, keeping six clean-sheets in the process.

Therefore, this Jekyll and Hyde outfit will hope that their home form will be enough to help them force extra-time at the very least. The author of that particular novella, though, was Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson, so Rangers might have some idea of what to expect!

Crunch Time

Rangers have scored away goals in ten of their last fourteen Euro trips over the last three seasons. It’s not always pretty, but Rangers have such a good balance away from home that they have been criticised for letting that patient, somewhat negative approach encroach upon their home tactics.

March is crunch-time for Walter Smith and his troops. The month has started well, with three wins in three competitions. Thus, the Gers’ are still battling on four fronts, with the CIS Cup final at Hampden to be contested with Dundee United on Sunday.

Smith himself has remained remarkably calm despite the SPL leaders’ hectic schedule. His placid demeanor was broken on Sunday, though, when he had to be restrained by police officers as he flew towards Hibs boss Mixu Paatelainen.

Still, the Gers are, at this point, going about their business otherwise professionally and will hope to have enough in the tank to see off the German challenge. Werder

:Boss Schaaf was without quintet Frank Baumann, Clemens Fritz, Petri Pasanen, Ivan Klasnic and Boubacar Sanogo for training early in the week. Fritz took a knock against Stuttgart and Pasanen suffered bruised ribs at Ibrox last week. Both have done only light training but are expected to push for starts.

Skipper Baumann is still feeling weak as he recovers from the virus that kept him out of the first leg. Similar applies to Sanogo, while Klasnic is almost certainly out with a thigh strain. Last Starting XI (vs. Stuttgart): Wiese - Owomoyela (Fritz 58), Mertesacker, Naldo, Boenisch - Baumann (Hunt 58) - Jensen, Borowski - Özil - Rosenberg, Almeida. Rangers

:Jean-Claude Darcheville is in the Gers traveling party, but he is out of the clash. Daniel Cousin is out for at least a month after breaking his jaw last week – just as he looked to be finally settling in Glasgow.

Nacho Novo’s red card against Hibs will keep him out of Sunday’s CIS Cup final, but he is available for this one. Lee McCulloch has recovered from a dead leg and stopper David Weir should return after his weekend rest. Goalie Allan McGregor will also return between the sticks, having been suspended on Sunday.

Brahim Hemdani, meanwhile, is likely to return to Smith’s carousel midfield in an effort to snuff out Werder’s creative threats.

Last Starting XI (vs. Hibs): Alexander - Cuellar, Broadfoot, Dailly, Whittaker - Thomson, Burke, Davis, Ferguson - Naismith (Novo 68), McCulloch (Boyd 81).

Werder – Hugo Almeida

Powerful 23-year-old striker Almeida was left with Scotch Egg on his face after his cocky comments ahead of the first leg.

His predictions of superiority failed to materialise, but the Portuguese himself was only fit enough for a cameo appearance.

However, he was a constant menace at the Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadium on Saturday, bagging the opener are terrorizing Stuttgart with his physical presence. The big forward will be desperate to sink his teeth into Rangers this time.

Rangers – Allan McGregor

The Rangers ’keeper kept his side in the contest in Athens in the last round, making spectacular stops from Ioannis Goumas, Giorgos Karagounis and Loukas Vyntra as Panathinaikos dominated the first half.

The 26-year-old Scot was the coolest man in the feverish Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium and his contribution was only matched by Novo’s crucial late strike.

Rangers’ rearguard has been superb this season and the dependable McGregor has been a massive part of that. He is one of the main reasons why Rangers can score away from home in Europe – because they are confident in their solid foundations. PREDICTION Rangers could have been high and dry had the long leg of Naldo not snatched the third goal from Lee McCulloch last week. But they’re not.

Now, the Glasgow side can’t rely on their 2-0 advantage and will have to approach this game proactively, as if the first game had ended 0-0.

With that said, the Light Blues need an away goal. Werder are faltering of late, but they have so many threats and the Weserstadion crowd will be expecting an assault.

However, as they try to work their way back into the tie, Rangers have midfielders capable of punishing them on the break – as Steven Davis did at Ibrox.

Furthermore, with two of Chris Burke, Nacho Novo and Steven Naismith likely to start on the bench, Rangers will have goal threats for 90+ minutes.

I think Werder will start the brighter – as they have to – but the bar is just too high. Picks:-3.5=1.50 Sporting-Bolton -3.5=1.30

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March bolton-lisbon am i crazy or can Bolton leaving 12 first team players in England and clearly looking ahead to Wigan this weekend something that simply cannot be ignored? yes they were able to eek out a Draw at home, and previously beat Red Star Belgrade with a squad that was not they're strongest, but am i naive to think Lisbon is of much higher caliber? home form in portugal liga sees Lisbon 7w 3d 0L; 22:7, as they sit 4th. i believe Lisbon at 1.6 is a solid bet. anyone agree/disagree?

bolton-lisbon am i crazy or can Bolton leaving 12 first team players in England and clearly looking ahead to Wigan this weekend something that simply cannot be ignored? yes they were able to eek out a Draw at home, and previously beat Red Star Belgrade with a squad that was not they're strongest, but am i naive to think Lisbon is of much higher caliber? home form in portugal liga sees Lisbon 7w 3d 0L; 22:7, as they sit 4th. i believe Lisbon at 1.6 is a solid bet. anyone agree/disagree?
What? the same team that drew away at madrid.. a much higher caliber than lisbon? ahh right. Btw we would struggle to field a team if we left our main 12 out so thats unlikely.

Werder Bremen - Rangers The Weserstadion in the northwestern port city of Bremen will host the conclusion of this intriguing Uefa Cup battle between two Champions League drop-outs.

Both teams came third in tough CL groups, with Bremen finishing behind Olympiakos and Real Madrid, but ahead of Lazio. Rangers ousted Werder’s Bundesliga rivals Stuttgart, but were edged out by Barcelona and Lyon.In the European afterlife, Bremen professionally shrugged of SC Braga 4-0 on aggregate, whist Rangers needed a last-gasp away goal to pip Panathinaikos 1-1 on aggregate. Therefore, Bremen came into this tie as favourites to make the quarter-finals and, by their own admission, go all the way to the City of Manchester Stadium showpiece.

Few, then, would have predicted Rangers’ first leg dominance. Goalkeeper Tim Weise was the villain as he allowed Daniel Cousin’s effort to drop over his head for the opener at the end of the first half before spilling the ball onto the feet of the onrushing Steven Davis after the break. Rangers’ only regret was failing to add a third on the night.

Faltering

A dismal week was completed when the Green-Whites were stunned 6-3 at Stuttgart. Over 100,000 people in the space of just over 48 hours saw Werder’s defensive frailties in the flesh.

They are now 7 points behind leaders Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table, with just 7 points separating them from 7th placed Karlsruher. This treble seven will become harsh reality if head coach Thomas Schaaf can’t mastermind their passage into the latter stages of the Uefa Cup.

Still, it has been Werder’s away for that has seen their seasonal hopes begin to unravel, as they have lost seven (there’s a pattern emerging) of their last ten in all competitions. What was recently a very real title challenge could now be a dogfight for a Champions League place.

At the Weserstadion, though, the Green-Whites fans have roared their team to nine wins in ten, keeping six clean-sheets in the process.

Therefore, this Jekyll and Hyde outfit will hope that their home form will be enough to help them force extra-time at the very least. The author of that particular novella, though, was Scotsman Robert Louis Stevenson, so Rangers might have some idea of what to expect!

Crunch Time

Rangers have scored away goals in ten of their last fourteen Euro trips over the last three seasons. It’s not always pretty, but Rangers have such a good balance away from home that they have been criticised for letting that patient, somewhat negative approach encroach upon their home tactics.

March is crunch-time for Walter Smith and his troops. The month has started well, with three wins in three competitions. Thus, the Gers’ are still battling on four fronts, with the CIS Cup final at Hampden to be contested with Dundee United on Sunday.

Smith himself has remained remarkably calm despite the SPL leaders’ hectic schedule. His placid demeanor was broken on Sunday, though, when he had to be restrained by police officers as he flew towards Hibs boss Mixu Paatelainen.

Still, the Gers are, at this point, going about their business otherwise professionally and will hope to have enough in the tank to see off the German challenge. Werder

:Boss Schaaf was without quintet Frank Baumann, Clemens Fritz, Petri Pasanen, Ivan Klasnic and Boubacar Sanogo for training early in the week. Fritz took a knock against Stuttgart and Pasanen suffered bruised ribs at Ibrox last week. Both have done only light training but are expected to push for starts.

Skipper Baumann is still feeling weak as he recovers from the virus that kept him out of the first leg. Similar applies to Sanogo, while Klasnic is almost certainly out with a thigh strain. Last Starting XI (vs. Stuttgart): Wiese - Owomoyela (Fritz 58), Mertesacker, Naldo, Boenisch - Baumann (Hunt 58) - Jensen, Borowski - Özil - Rosenberg, Almeida. Rangers

:Jean-Claude Darcheville is in the Gers traveling party, but he is out of the clash. Daniel Cousin is out for at least a month after breaking his jaw last week – just as he looked to be finally settling in Glasgow.

Nacho Novo’s red card against Hibs will keep him out of Sunday’s CIS Cup final, but he is available for this one. Lee McCulloch has recovered from a dead leg and stopper David Weir should return after his weekend rest. Goalie Allan McGregor will also return between the sticks, having been suspended on Sunday.

Brahim Hemdani, meanwhile, is likely to return to Smith’s carousel midfield in an effort to snuff out Werder’s creative threats.

Last Starting XI (vs. Hibs): Alexander - Cuellar, Broadfoot, Dailly, Whittaker - Thomson, Burke, Davis, Ferguson - Naismith (Novo 68), McCulloch (Boyd 81).

Werder – Hugo Almeida

Powerful 23-year-old striker Almeida was left with Scotch Egg on his face after his cocky comments ahead of the first leg.

His predictions of superiority failed to materialise, but the Portuguese himself was only fit enough for a cameo appearance.

However, he was a constant menace at the Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadium on Saturday, bagging the opener are terrorizing Stuttgart with his physical presence. The big forward will be desperate to sink his teeth into Rangers this time.

Rangers – Allan McGregor

The Rangers ’keeper kept his side in the contest in Athens in the last round, making spectacular stops from Ioannis Goumas, Giorgos Karagounis and Loukas Vyntra as Panathinaikos dominated the first half.

The 26-year-old Scot was the coolest man in the feverish Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium and his contribution was only matched by Novo’s crucial late strike.

Rangers’ rearguard has been superb this season and the dependable McGregor has been a massive part of that. He is one of the main reasons why Rangers can score away from home in Europe – because they are confident in their solid foundations. PREDICTION Rangers could have been high and dry had the long leg of Naldo not snatched the third goal from Lee McCulloch last week. But they’re not.

Now, the Glasgow side can’t rely on their 2-0 advantage and will have to approach this game proactively, as if the first game had ended 0-0.

With that said, the Light Blues need an away goal. Werder are faltering of late, but they have so many threats and the Weserstadion crowd will be expecting an assault.

However, as they try to work their way back into the tie, Rangers have midfielders capable of punishing them on the break – as Steven Davis did at Ibrox.

Furthermore, with two of Chris Burke, Nacho Novo and Steven Naismith likely to start on the bench, Rangers will have goal threats for 90+ minutes.

I think Werder will start the brighter – as they have to – but the bar is just too high. Picks:-3.5=1.50 Sporting-Bolton -3.5=1.30 GL!:cheers
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=619049 At least u could say where u r stealing the texts from

What? the same team that drew away at madrid.. a much higher caliber than lisbon? ahh right. Btw we would struggle to field a team if we left our main 12 out so thats unlikely.
Hear's the team that played Atletico Madrid away. Atletico Madrid 0-0 Bolton Jaaskelainen - out of sporting match Hunt - In Andy O'Brian - out of sporting match Cahill - In Samuel - In Stelios Giannakopolilos - In Joey O'Brian - In McCann - out of sporting match Nolan - out of sporting match Taylor - out of sporting match Davies - out of sporting match Subs Diouf - out of sporting match Vaz Te - In Alonso - out of sporting match Campo - out of sporting match Meite - In Teymourian - In Al-Habsi(Goalkeeper) - In So the team that played Atletico was very strong and thats why they got the result that was needed... tonight is VERY different, Sporting have an away goal, good home record and it was only a few weeks ago when they beat Porto at home 2-0... Sporting are a strong side at home and im sorry to the bolton fans but tonight they just have not got the players to do the job... Sporting to win 3-0. Hope you like my post...

Re: Uefa Cup Wed 12 - Thurs 13th March To make things worse for the Premiership side, they are travelling to Lisbon without their first 12 team regulars here and also Sporting Lisbon have the advantage of an away goal here. Bolton are already without the likes of Kevin Davies, El Hadji Diouf, Matt Matthew Taylor, Andy O'Brien, Ivan Campo as well as Ricardo Gardner for this match and they are joined by Jussi Jaaskelainen and Kevin Nolan who are out with back injuries as they stayed back in England on the casualties list. Then they are also without the likes of Gavin McCann (ban) and Tamir Cohen, Grzegorz Rasiak and Gretar Steinsson (ineligible) for this fixture. Fo the home side Sporting Lisbon, despite dropping to eight in the Portuguese League, their coach Paulo Bento is confident they can get a result here. They are boosted by the fact that Liedson has returned to training after being out with an injury for two weeks. Yannick Djalo has also regained full fitness but they will miss the pair of Miguel Veloso (thigh) and AC Milan Purovic (knee) who plays in midfield. The home side were beaten last Sunday against Victoria Setubal going down 2-0, but their coach are confident they can bounce back and qualify for the quarter-finals. The home side will also be without the services of Derlei, Tiago and Paulo Renato for this match. Take Sporting Lisbon and give the 1 ball away here.

To make things worse for the Premiership side' date= they are travelling to Lisbon without their first 12 team regulars here and also Sporting Lisbon have the advantage of an away goal here. Bolton are already without the likes of Kevin Davies, El Hadji Diouf, Matt Matthew Taylor, Andy O'Brien, Ivan Campo as well as Ricardo Gardner for this match and they are joined by Jussi Jaaskelainen and Kevin Nolan who are out with back injuries as they stayed back in England on the casualties list. Then they are also without the likes of Gavin McCann (ban) and Tamir Cohen, Grzegorz Rasiak and Gretar Steinsson (ineligible) for this fixture. Fo the home side Sporting Lisbon, despite dropping to eight in the Portuguese League, their coach Paulo Bento is confident they can get a result here. They are boosted by the fact that Liedson has returned to training after being out with an injury for two weeks. Yannick Djalo has also regained full fitness but they will miss the pair of Miguel Veloso (thigh) and AC Milan Purovic (knee) who plays in midfield. The home side were beaten last Sunday against Victoria Setubal going down 2-0, but their coach are confident they can bounce back and qualify for the quarter-finals. The home side will also be without the services of Derlei, Tiago and Paulo Renato for this match. Take Sporting Lisbon and give the 1 ball away here.
http://www.asianhandicap.com/index.asp?Page=Pick&Id=936366 and again... come on, try your own ones! or at least write where u r copying all that prediction from

Thanks for the comprehensive reply Marty! I still think after winning the first leg 2-0 that 5/1 is pretty big... GL all!
Think Marty is correct here mate 5/1 seems about right to me. Rangers will head into this match with the mentality of sitting 10 players behind the ball and defending their two goal lead (which could have been easily been avoided in Glasgow had their goalkeeper not made two horrendous blunders). The match in Glasgow was not one for the neutral, Werder Bremen did not play well and even their main players in Deigo seemed to lack his normal awsome touch. Furthermore I thought they lacked alot in the stricking area, with Klasnic out through injury. However this will be a different game in Germany, with Bremen on their own turf. They will be attacking from the start looking for an early goal. Rangers will be defending for most of the match so I really dont think 5/1 is overpriced for the away win, they will likely be playing 4-5-1 formation aswell with their two main strikers out (Cousin and Darchville both injured). Good Luck tho if you decide to back the away team :ok