My attempt at making a steady profit every week

stewartd14

Basically the aim is to make a set amount per week. With a starting bank of £250, I am going to try to make £10 per day. This will be mainly through laying and most lays will be to make £5. Doing it this way, I will set limits that any LAY liability will NOT exceed 1/2 the bank. All input is welcome as it is a big risk I am taking. If I can get through the 1st 4 weeks, I will basically have covered the initial investment. Any thoughts before I start this, do you think it will work. :ok:ok

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: My attempt at making a steady profit every week Good luck Stewart, these threads are very interesting to watch & learn from. I now have the confidence to do this & am enjoying my thread trying to raise funds for Cheltenham from a bank of £20. I am also contemplating trying a similar glory hunt to yours to raise my footie season ticket money, i.e start with £100 & make £500 over about 30 bets. I think the key is to know when to take a risk & when not to. Also, if you get a chance to bank profit, it is worthwhile. The idea of split banks is also working well for a few on here & I have gone that way today to avoid losing it all.

Re: My attempt at making a steady profit every week

Good luck Stewart, these threads are very interesting to watch & learn from. I now have the confidence to do this & am enjoying my thread trying to raise funds for Cheltenham from a bank of £20. I am also contemplating trying a similar glory hunt to yours to raise my footie season ticket money, i.e start with £100 & make £500 over about 30 bets. I think the key is to know when to take a risk & when not to. Also, if you get a chance to bank profit, it is worthwhile. The idea of split banks is also working well for a few on here & I have gone that way today to avoid losing it all.
Yeah, I think I am going to withdraw the profit every week and some of it will go towards a Cheltenham bank (a bit like yours) and some will go towards covering the initial investment in this. That way, I will never be risking more than £250 / £125 per bet.

Re: My attempt at making a steady profit every week Best of luck with this Stewart :ok One thing I have found from my own thread is that there is nearly always better value in laying 0-0 rather than backing 1 goal or more.It has always been a fairly small monetary advantage but anything that gives you a bit more of an edge has to be welcomed.I'm not saying it will always give you a better return but it is certainly worth checking out.

Bet 1: £50 1+ Goals - Roma v Real Madrid @ 1.11 (Potential return: £5.50 - comm) :hope:hope
Raul scores after 8 minutes :clap:clap
Bet 2: £2 LAY Chelsea/Olympiakos HT/FT @ 70 (Potentail profit: £2 - comm) :hope:hope
0-0 HT :clap:clap First two bets are winners, Inter are down to 10 men so providing they dont win, the daily target will have been achieved.

Best of luck with this Stewart :ok One thing I have found from my own thread is that there is nearly always better value in laying 0-0 rather than backing 1 goal or more.It has always been a fairly small monetary advantage but anything that gives you a bit more of an edge has to be welcomed.I'm not saying it will always give you a better return but it is certainly worth checking out.
Yeah, originally I was going to lay 0-0 but it was 10.0 and 1+ goals was better value at 1,11. For some reason the odds seem to be better for 1+ goal in the Champs Lge games.

Bet 3 £3 LAY INTER MILAN to beat Liverpool @ 8.6 (Potential profit: £3 - comm) :hope:hope
Bet 4 £3 LAY INTER MILAN to beat Liverpool @ 7.8 (Potential profit: £3 - comm)
Liverpool win 2-0 :nana:nana Start Bank: £250 Day 1 Profit: +£12.83 Current Bank: £262.83 A good start and I will be back with a proper spreadsheet tomorrow. :ok:ok

Someone left an offer in the Reverse fcast market and I am more than happy to LAY it. £2 LAY 1-3/3-1 Reverse Forecast @ 10.0 (3.35 Lingfield) Horses are Jack Rolfe and Wicked Daze. Unplaced and 1st :clap:clap :hope:hope
Bet 5: £5 LAY Masked @ 13.00 (3.35 Lingfield) 3rd :clap:clap :hope:hope
:hope:hope for Barca bet tonight, might have some more for Kempton.

Its weird how placing a large amount of money can put you off laying horses with no chance. Can cloud your judgement a wee bit. The support is appreciated so thanks guys. One for tonight: £4 LAY Pajada @ 32 (6.50 Kempton) Unplaced :clap:clap
:nana:nana Well beat and my worries are eased. Bet 8 £5 LAY Sharps Gold @ 15 (7.50 Kempton) :hope:hope

Changed my mind: 7.50 Kempton £2.50 LAY Sharps Gold @ 14 2nd :puke £2.50 LAY Adam Eterno @ 16.5 Unplaced :clap:clap
Well that made me worry. Couldnt get access to RUK because the wife was watching, you guessed it, Coronation Street. So was listening to the race on the radio and thought I would check the odds on Betfair as the radio carries a delay. To my horrow, Sharps Gold shortens from 12 to 1.04 in a couple of seconds and I get that horrible feeling that I've blown all profit that I had. However, I am sure the Gods were on my side as Silca Destination got back up on the line to win in a photo. Phew ..... Since we are well above the target for today, I am willing to invest some of it in a value LAY at a shorter price. Bet 10 £5 LAY Celtic to beat Barcelona (2-1 HT) @ 2.3 :hope:hope

Re: My attempt at making a steady profit every week Thanks mate. Need to put my bets for tomorrow on tonight due to work, so 1 is left unmatched. Bet 12 £3 LAY Present @ 43.9 (2.20 Huntingdon) Bet 13 £5 LAY Steel grey @ 22 (5.10 Lingfield) Unmatched Bet 14 £4 LAY Middleton Dene @ 12 (3.25 Huntingdon) A wee bit wary of Middleton Dene but am ultra confident about the other 2. :hope:hope

Thanks mate. Need to put my bets for tomorrow on tonight due to work, so 1 is left unmatched. Bet 12 £3 LAY Present @ 43.9 (2.20 Huntingdon) :nana:nana Bet 13 £5 LAY Steel grey @ 22 (5.10 Lingfield) Unmatched - Matched @ 22 :nana:nanaBet 14 £4 LAY Middleton Dene @ 12 (3.25 Huntingdon) :nana:nana A wee bit wary of Middleton Dene but am ultra confident about the other 2. :hope:hope
Good day again today, just hoping to keep it up for the week. Maria looks good for the title though as main rivals V Williams and Ivanovic knocked out today. Oh well, small liability. Bet 16 £5 LAY Tiger Woods to win WGC Match Play @ 3.2 :hope:hope