** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb

bigs

Southwell 15:00 - Cape of storms WIN For starts it's a somewhat poor race, and Cape of Storms in the last 3 outs, came 2nd beaten by SH, half lenght and again SH! Last 2 outs lost to horses that have shown form since, Silver Hotspur and Fulford! It's a maiden and I think Cape of storms has a really good chance to get off the mark! Amongst the weak opposition we have an american pedrigree that could go on the going, not another cat but on evidence of it's latest form, I think I can rule him out! The rest of the opposition is fairly weak really, so I really expect Cape of Storms to take all the beating here, and also has a decent jockey that knows how to ride the best horse, so I expect a run for my money.:hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb It's a very poor day...........:sad I might try something new and look at 'laying', but i don't know the house rules. I see that successful 'lays' get a 1 point credit in the competition but I'm guessing there must be some conditions attached to selections ? Do they have to be 'beaten favourites' to count or is there an upper SP limit for selections ? I don't suppose i could get away with 'laying' a 100-1 shot in a 3 runner race and claim a point 'winnings' if it doesn't win ?............:nana Can anyone fill me in ?.............:cheers

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb I think that there must be at least one horse that has an effective lay bet on a bookie :) otherwise we all would be laying 100/1 horses :) It's not the strongest of days, but I'll be on a E/W patent with all my 3 selections!

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Its 4/1 or less in the Racing Post forecast betting, it doesnt matter what the SP finishes. We have had guys lay 3/1 paper favs that have drifted out to 10/1, if they win though its costly but thats what laying is all about i suppose. For the table its just a simple matter of you win your 1pt if the lay gets beat but you lose 1pt at SP if it wins, i think it was Jack that layed a 6/1 winner at the start of this month so he was -6.00 for a kick off, without that he would be doing fine, as i say can be risky at times.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb My Bet of the Day is : MARVELLOUS DREAM 4.20 TOWCESTER ( 0.5 E/W )..The selection ran poorly LTO on it's chasing debut but must have been fancied as there was good support in the market.Did not seem to act on really sticky ground.Blinkers are applied today and if transferring hurdles form to the larger obstacles then he can go close..:ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Tinas Ridge 4.30 Southwell. 0.5 points ew. Looks a very trappy race on paper, but this one looks to be hitting form at the right time and others have questions to answer. Only ran a few days ago and so with a bit of luck will be better this afternoon and at least hit a place. Should get the race run to suit also, so looks a worthy bet.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Morning chaps. Seems like we had a few good winners yesterday, well done to all involved. Today, I'm going to go against what I've been doing and I'm going to back a horse to win. Although there are undoubtedly a few good lays today, which I will post on the individual meeting threads, I am excited by the run of one of my favourite horses, CLOPF in the 2:10 @ Navan. Clopf is a horse which I followed quite closely over Hurdles and I believe it could win some big races over the Fences. He'll appreciate the slightly shorter trip on better ground and I'm backing him to go and put on a classy show today. History has shown he loves left handed galloping tracks, and he will get that here today. I am concerned about Scotsirish, who I think is also potentially a classy horse. His jumping is quite suspect though, so I am hoping W Mullins hasn't quite sorted its inability to get a clear round. There is a Gamble going on Scotsirish I believe, which means there must be some confidence that its set for a big run. Having Ruby Walsh on its back can only be good for the horse aswell. However, I do still believe that Clopf is the better horse and should come out of this proving that it has a bright future on a big stage.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Nav 4.10 Be My Leader 16/1 currently 0.5 pts e.w Last two runs pulled up and fell so that is hardly inspiring but before that it beat Scotsirish whos been running in Grade 1s, then was second in a Grade 1 itself when a staying on second and that formline says it cant be a total no hoper today. It looked a stayer then so I think 3m is no problem, after its Grade 1 second it was dropped in trip behind the fav. for today and that was a mistake as it was never in the race. On early form, place claims today.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Not Another Cat 3.00 Southwell Just a look at the offical ratings in this maiden shos that this horse has a 24lbs advantage over the favourite and a 2/1 with betfred this is worthy of a large bet. Spoke to Darren this morning he plans on making the running and with some help from andrew elliott (who is drawn on his outside) he will keep the field away from him in the early stages allowing Not another Cat to stride on to an early lead. All in all a pretty weak race with alot of exposed horses and 24lbs is too big an advantage not to play

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb

Nav 4.10 Be My Leader 16/1 currently 0.5 pts e.w Last two runs pulled up and fell so that is hardly inspiring but before that it beat Scotsirish whos been running in Grade 1s' date=' then was second in a Grade 1 itself when a staying on second and that formline says it cant be a total no hoper today. It looked a stayer then so I think 3m is no problem, after its Grade 1 second it was dropped in trip behind the fav. for today and that was a mistake as it was never in the race. On early form, place claims today.[/quote'] I've actually had 0.5 points E/W on this @ 14's, so I'm hoping it comes in aswell mate :ok

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb S4.00 Muntami 0.5pt E/W Currently available at 16/1 in a few places, this looks massively overpriced to me. It seems like the course being plotted for this one is the same as last year. A few runs over hurdles at the end of the year and then switching to the All Weather after a few months off. Notched up 3 on the spin starting on the AW this time last year with S Donohoe on board so I'm hoping the same combo can start another winning sequence today. :hope

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Navan 3.40 (EW Bet) Flowonlovelyriver won 2 bumpers last term & then contested the Cheltenham festival bumper which it led until 3f from the finish & ended up near to last however that race always produces winners in the next season & although the horse hasnt done much in the 2 races since, i am happy to go a small ew on it today. 12/1 with Ladbrokes.

Was 16s with Bet365 and I think still is with WH. Good luck with Clopf earlier as well.
I'm with Betfred at the moment. I have to say, it is by far the worst site that I've ever been on, however its the only account with any funds in at the moment. Until I get my new bank card, I dont have much choice in the matter :(

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Southwell 4:00 Blue >Hills Won LTO. Record with jockey on board today is very good - Phillip Makin. 4-3-3-3-10-4-1-3-2-1 - started November 29, 2004 up to the LTO - the 10th placed effort is the only no-all weather run. 4-3-2-1 is their form at this course. Trainer P W Hiatt has been in good form all month and most of the success have been here - 2-1-2-1-2. Hiatt with Makin at Southwell this month has two wins and one second from three runs. 5pts ew @ 7-1 Ladbrokes

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb 4.10 Navan : Pomme Tiepy 1pt win This looks a match between the two who finished first and second at Leopardstown last time, at first Kilcrea Castle looked the best value EW but the price is now 4/1 and doent appeal as much and as i cant see him reveresing the places on slightly better terms i'll go for the win bet on Pomme Tiepy. A very progressive type has Ruby to look after him, he jumps very well and more importantly stays well in soft ground which will be crutial today, not sure the other horse does but it should still be placed.

Morning chaps. Seems like we had a few good winners yesterday, well done to all involved. Today, I'm going to go against what I've been doing and I'm going to back a horse to win. Although there are undoubtedly a few good lays today, which I will post on the individual meeting threads, I am excited by the run of one of my favourite horses, CLOPF in the 2:10 @ Navan. Clopf is a horse which I followed quite closely over Hurdles and I believe it could win some big races over the Fences. He'll appreciate the slightly shorter trip on better ground and I'm backing him to go and put on a classy show today. History has shown he loves left handed galloping tracks, and he will get that here today. I am concerned about Scotsirish, who I think is also potentially a classy horse. His jumping is quite suspect though, so I am hoping W Mullins hasn't quite sorted its inability to get a clear round. There is a Gamble going on Scotsirish I believe, which means there must be some confidence that its set for a big run. Having Ruby Walsh on its back can only be good for the horse aswell. However, I do still believe that Clopf is the better horse and should come out of this proving that it has a bright future on a big stage.
Was going well, made all, then the jockey decided to ask him to go 1,000,000 mph at the last fence. Just stumbled and eventually fell over. I'm very disappointed because it seemed to be cruising away and had it not been for the mistake at the last, I do think it would have won. There goes my 100% record :(

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Cape of Storms 3.00 Southwell. 1 point win. A two horse race on paper (heard that before) and with doubts over the main rivals ability to perform on this surface, plus fitness, then this fella looks the one today. Long standing maiden, but has shown more than enough to suggest this race is for the taking.

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb Aitmatov 2.40 Navan Forgiving it the last run looks to be the one to beat. Favourites have won this race for the last 4 years. Looked to be a progressive hurdler and the form looks quite strong. 4th in a novice hurdle to Glencove Marina looks strong. Also beat Sweet Kiln at Fariyhouse. Don't really fancy any of the others and expect this to be back to winning ways today.

Southwell 15:00 - Cape of storms WIN For starts it's a somewhat poor race, and Cape of Storms in the last 3 outs, came 2nd beaten by SH, half lenght and again SH! Last 2 outs lost to horses that have shown form since, Silver Hotspur and Fulford! It's a maiden and I think Cape of storms has a really good chance to get off the mark! Amongst the weak opposition we have an american pedrigree that could go on the going, not another cat but on evidence of it's latest form, I think I can rule him out! The rest of the opposition is fairly weak really, so I really expect Cape of Storms to take all the beating here, and also has a decent jockey that knows how to ride the best horse, so I expect a run for my money.:hope
Finally! :) 1st :nana @ evs

Re: Best Bet of the Day - Sunday 17th Feb With Towcester abandoned my bet of the day is : MID VALLEY 5.00 SOUTHWELL(1.0 WIN)..The selection always runs well here and can take this off bottom weight.Ran well on seasonal debut in a race where some of the other runners have gone on to frank the form.A repeat of that effort will see him go close..:ok