The PL Spirit

BAM

I've been playing PL games for two years now and their great attraction (apart from the value) is you get a proper game of poker played in the right spirit. Last night that was ruined (for me) by a member who was generally abusive after this particular hand. ***** Hand 942164955 ***** 75.00/150.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit) - 05 February 2008 20:56:22 PL Festival (Real/Tournament) Seat 2: wallg1 (1591.00) Seat 3: morlspin (2087.00) Seat 4: MCFC81 (5514.00) Seat 5: Viva Hate (3858.00) Seat 6: PLgazza (4553.00) Seat 7: thecrocpl (2845.00) Seat 8: HectorMcG (5372.00) Seat 9: Scaramoosh (2505.00) Seat 10: Xtrmntr2 (2625.00) MCFC81 post SB 75.00 Viva Hate post BB 150.00 ** Deal ** wallg1 [N/A, N/A] morlspin [N/A, N/A] MCFC81 [7c, Ac] Viva Hate [N/A, N/A] PLgazza [N/A, N/A] thecrocpl [N/A, N/A] HectorMcG [N/A, N/A] Scaramoosh [N/A, N/A] Xtrmntr2 [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** PLgazza Fold thecrocpl Fold HectorMcG Fold Scaramoosh Fold Xtrmntr2 Fold wallg1 Fold morlspin Fold MCFC81 Raise to 450.00 Viva Hate Call 450.00 *** Flop(Board): *** : [Js, 7h, 8h] *** Bet Round 2 *** MCFC81 Bet 600.00 Viva Hate Raise to 1200.00 MCFC81 Call 1200.00 *** Turn(Board): *** : [Js, 7h, 8h, 9s] *** Bet Round 3 *** MCFC81 Check Viva Hate Check *** River(Board): *** : [Js, 7h, 8h, 9s, 7d] *** Bet Round 4 *** MCFC81 Check Viva Hate Bet 300.00 MCFC81 Call 300.00 *** Showdown *** : Rake: 0.00 Total Pot: 3900.00 wallg1 Fold Win: 0.00 morlspin Fold Win: 0.00 MCFC81 [7c, Ac] Three of a kind, sevens, ace kicker Win: 3900.00 Viva Hate [6s, 7s] Three of a kind, sevens Win: 0.00 PLgazza Fold Win: 0.00 thecrocpl Fold Win: 0.00 HectorMcG Fold Win: 0.00 Scaramoosh Fold Win: 0.00 Xtrmntr2 Fold Win: 0.00 My synopsis of the hand is - I had a legitimate raising hand HU he made a dubious call. After the flop I hit bottom pair bet to find out where I am, get a min raise getting 4.5/1 to call. Check the flop as I am now thinking I am behind and the straight is obvious, he checks. I check the river for the same reasons and then call a paltry bet giving me 13/1. I thought I played the hand well, he launched into a 'FFS' and 'luckbox ' tirade. I couldn't see what was lucky about the hand we had the same hand :lol he just played it badly. He continued his childish rant and ended up calling me a maggot :eek. (I hope this guy is 6'5" or has a black belt in biting ankles) I expect this off the normal Virgin poker player and I usually have no chat on Virgin but I turned it on last night for a 'friendly' PL game. I turned it off again, so I am not sure if it continued but it soured the moment for me and the atmosphere at the table was a little strained until he went out after another great play. I don't mind new members playing, the more the merrier, maybe when you give them the password they should be reminded that we try not to play our games in the spirit of a Boss Saturday night freeroll.

Re: The PL Spirit That was me. I called a raise when I thought you were stealing. You bet out and I reraised. When i eventually hit 3 of a kind I thought I was probably ahead. A reasonabe assumption I'm sure you'll agree. When I put FFS it's because I was frustrated. That was in no way having a go at you and i'm not sure how you think it could be. As for 'luckbox' once again your mistaken because it wasn't me who put that. Then you started abusing me for calling a raise with chit which annoyed me a bit because you had already won the hand. I put shh maggot to end the conversation. I apologise sincerely if I caused offence. It wasn't my intention.

Re: The PL Spirit and another thing I have just seen in your initial post is about me going out after another great play. mr sarcastic aren't we. if you remember I was short stacked and needed to double up. I went in with the best hand, that's all you can do isn't it.

Re: The PL Spirit

I can understand saying crap in the chatbox when you've played a hand great and some donkey hits but dico I think you've played that awfully - pre flop maybe, on the flop and on the river:lol:lol. Not going to comment on the PL spirit as I don't play in those games.
think you've missed the point of the thread mate

Re: The PL Spirit Haven't looked through the hand yet, and haven't read all the posts - will look again in more depth later..... However abusing someone for the way they play a hand - no matter how badly they may (or may not) have played it, is stupid (to say the least) in general (you WANT people to be playing badly against you), but cannot be accepted in a PL game!! People are free to play their own hands as they wish - if they get lucky, good luck to them - it WILL balance itself out...... A certain amount of "banter" is acceptable (and common) in PL games.... I dont know yet which category this falls into......

Re: The PL Spirit If you look in the dictonary sympathy is next to syphalis Must say that like Bri said i am probably one of the worst for sarcasim when playing, but i love all the banter, and i can honestly say that it has never been abusive from anyone on the forum and long may it continue I think Dico has apologised and i know Bri probably aint that arsed, so lets all play nice or im taking my chips home

Re: The PL Spirit I have to agree with Jeffers to a point. Poker is full of massive egos, egos that aren't 1% of the actual player they think they are and also full of keyboard warriors, who don't have the balls to turn up and say it in real life. It's petty, cowardly and childish and while this is not neccessarily aimed at Dico, it's also why I can't be arsed playing poker much these days too. The PL games are different though. Some people (mostly are competitors), say we're "cliquey", but I laugh when I hear that, because it's got some truth in it, but not like they are suggesting. Any forum, that builds up a huge membership will have a lot of friendships and people backing each other up, it's what friends do, but cliquey is a whole separate word that numptys use quite frankly. As for your Mr Wasp, you're no angel and you know it. ;)

Re: The PL Spirit ** It's petty, cowardly and childish and while this is not neccessarily aimed at Dico ** I'm glad to bloody hear it:eyes Has anyone actually read what happened? Or does it not actually matter becuase he has been a member longer than me:unsure Unbelievable some of the comments. Shame he hasn't apologised for getting his facts wrong. Pathetic:(

Re: The PL Spirit Dico if you put ffs in the chatbox it normally is regarded as a comment on the player/hand you are against/in which it was taken as "having a go" or at least that's what I would assume. As you stated you didn't put luckbox in so fair enough. Your original apology was great and i.m.o all that is good about pl:ok But I think you spoilt it with your follow ups later and then not to let it drop when the opportunity was there. A lot of the members have known wasp for a long time and will take on board what has been posted by him but to suggest that it is based just on membership duration is insulting to all members. When you posted your replies did you not expect any comments or are you only willing to accept them if they are favourable to you? Anyway best of luck hope this is resolved shortly and you can both move on from this asap.

Re: The PL Spirit

Dico if you put ffs in the chatbox it normally is regarded as a comment on the player/hand you are against/in which it was taken as "having a go" or at least that's what I would assume. As you stated you didn't put luckbox in so fair enough. Your original apology was great and i.m.o all that is good about pl:ok But I think you spoilt it with your follow ups later and then not to let it drop when the opportunity was there. A lot of the members have known wasp for a long time and will take on board what has been posted by him but to suggest that it is based just on membership duration is insulting to all members. When you posted your replies did you not expect any comments or are you only willing to accept them if they are favourable to you? Anyway best of luck hope this is resolved shortly and you can both move on from this asap.
FFS:lol (that's a joke by the way) I'm happy to let it drop just thought Brian might have posted some comments. Is it ok for him to make digs about my misses:unsure I enjoy the PL games, the standard is good and I learn alot from them but lets not have one rule for one and one for another eh:ok

Re: The PL Spirit Just a word on the PL spirit. This was backed up last night in the February leage on Poker Kings, wher PL had 5 out of the last 10 may I add !!!! I was getting short stacked after having to sit out for over an hour and ended up going all in. Only a 9 would really save me and get me the straight. I got lucky, hit the 9 and almost knocked the guy out. The guy then proceeded to call me a gay looser player, assuming he meant loser there. I was then backed up by Strider. I just felt at the time that it is what PL is all about. Even though I got lucky, I was backed up be a fellow PL'er and it was proof that a forum can really bring people together. :clap:clap strider, thanks for that mate.

Re: The PL Spirit :ok

FFS:lol (that's a joke by the way) I'm happy to let it drop just thought Brian might have posted some comments. Is it ok for him to make digs about my misses:unsure I enjoy the PL games, the standard is good and I learn alot from them but lets not have one rule for one and one for another eh:ok

Re: The PL Spirit Totally agree with you a forum isn't just somewhere to post,you are part of something.:ok

Just a word on the PL spirit. This was backed up last night in the February leage on Poker Kings, wher PL had 5 out of the last 10 may I add !!!! I was getting short stacked after having to sit out for over an hour and ended up going all in. Only a 9 would really save me and get me the straight. I got lucky, hit the 9 and almost knocked the guy out. The guy then proceeded to call me a gay looser player, assuming he meant loser there. I was then backed up by Strider. I just felt at the time that it is what PL is all about. Even though I got lucky, I was backed up be a fellow PL'er and it was proof that a forum can really bring people together. :clap:clap strider, thanks for that mate.