Hunter Chase Season 2008

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 1 [Fontwell,3.40] NO Bet Hope this not a sign of things to come,ie a small field with a long odds on favourite! That horse today is Thisthatandtother who will be ridden by the very talented Nick Scholfield.Of his 4 rivals think Back Nine who has an up and coming jockey riding could run well at decent odds

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Cheers Pete Race 2 [Ludlow,4.20] Racing delayed 30mins Another small field and an odds on favourite! This time its Tribal Venture,but in a race where most horses like to be held up this could play into the hands of the veteran Toms Prize who likes an uncontested lead Recommended Bet [£10 a pt] TOM"S PRIZE...0.25pt Win @ 6 [Ladbrokes] & 0.75pt Place @ 2.1 [betfair]

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Cheers lads You are right billy,both races so far won by horses trained by a couple of the big chiefs in Nicholls and Hobbs.....and i wouldnt want to lay big odds that both the festival and aintree hunter chases are not won by horses with a "proper" trainer!

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 3 [Huntingdon,4.10] First real competive race,and the money horse in the betting has been the consistent Coolefind. But i like the ex handicapper Green Belt Flyer whose "proper" trainer is in good form. Recommended Bet [£10 a pt] with Betfair GREEN BELT FLYER...0.25pt Win @ 4.2...0.75pt Place @ 1.7

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 4 [bangor,4.25] NO Bet Again the big trainers dominate with the odds favourite being Armaturk from Paul Nicholls.But i think will be given a race by the veteran Risk Accessor whose trainer Jonjo O"Neill is starting to hit top form

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 5 [Folkestone,4.30] Will the stranglehold of the "Proper" trainers Winning again be broken today? Paul Nicholls has the favourite in Lou Du Moulin Mas,but i think that is worth taking on with the Course and Distance expert Honourable Spider who i know connections think will run well at the festival next month Recommended Bet [£10 a pt] with Betfair HONOURABLE SPIDER....0.25pt Win @ 3.25....0.75pt Place @ 1.4

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 6 [Leicester,4.00] First old fashioned hunter chase race of the season! Whistling Straits who has the assistant of top jockey Richard Burton looks a worthy enough favourite.But i think at better odds Cash in Hand will go well if fit and jumping holds up Race 7 [Musselburgh,4.20] Looks very difficult.Andy Anshan from a "Proper" trainer is the money horse betting wise while there is a word from respected judge for Encore Cadoudal Recommended Bets [£10 a pt] with Betfair [Leicester,4.00] WHISTLING STRAITS...0.50pt Place @ 1.47 CASH IN HAND.....0.50pt Place @ 2.16

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 8 [Kelso,4.45] Connections of yesterdays Leicester Winner are represented here by a similar type in Reflected Glory who could be a class above these rivals today on favoured softer ground. Recommended Bet [£10 a pt] with Betfair REFLECTED GLORY....0.25pt Win @ 3.8....0.75pt Place @ 1.58

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 9 [Fakenham,4.05] Thisthatandtother who is favourite for the Festival Hunter chase will be long odds on to win here. Race 10 [sandown,4.50] That in form man Paul Nicholls will again have the favourite in Le Passing who im glad to see is back to best distance today NO Bets

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Weather has relented...so NO Bets Race 12 [Huntingdon,4.30] Best race of sesson so far for me.Match between the Pro horse Montevideo and the Proper horse Scare Lotte Race 13 [Ayr,5.20] Will be testing and at big odds Behavingbadly should run well

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Good to see Montevideo get up after a horrible fall and how unlucky was Scare Lotte? Race 14 [Warwick,5.20] NO Bet Pro horse Tribal Venture will be favourite but at much better odds expect a decent run from Le Seychellois who unlike last time will appreciate todays trip and is 1/1 on the track.

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Tribal Venture was a Winning favourite Race 15 [Leicester,4.20] Looking at the earlier chase races these fences will take some jumping.Favourite should be Minouchka while at double figure odds expect a decent run from the unexposed Bill Jones.But the horse i really like is The Hookie Bookie who has impressed this year and represents top pointing connections. Recommended Bet [£10 a pt] with Betfair THE HOOKIE BOOKIE....0.25pt Win @ 5.3....0.75pt Place @ 1.98

Re: Hunter Chase Season 2008 Race 16 [Folkestone,4.40] A race with not much strong recent form on offer apart from the favourite Mr Tee Pee who has won his last 3 races with ease under todays jockey James Tudor. Recommended Bet [£10 a pt] with Betfair MR TEE PEE.........0.25pt Win @ 2.96....0.75pt Place @ 1.5