** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan

bigs

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan Southwell 14:10 - Soba Jones E/W (expected SP 14/1) Reasoning: Well, its a multiple C&D winner. Has raced this year already, and usually improves when races in a short period after the last run. (it was 4th LTO, improvement will bring it to the frame :)). I consider the Cape of storms the main danger, as it has been in "frame" form... but @ 14/1 its a candy price!:hope

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan Catt 2.20 Brave Rebellion 1 pt win Brave by name and actually quite brave by nature which is funny because I can think of a couple brave's (Inca, Villa) who are similar. Generally gives it its all and looks more and more a stayer. Came to my attention with hurdle wins in succession last year on quicker ground but its promising run over chases lto showed that it can handle and stay the trip in softer conditions so that does not put me off at all for today. Well in according to the weights as well and as long as the last run has not taken too much out of him, a good chance.

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan 320 Catterick : Wee Forbees 1pt Win Howard Johnson trained Novice who won two hurdles very easily last season and then was 4th fav in the Sefton at Aintree keeping company with the likes of Witchita Lineman and Chief Dan George, couldnt cope with them but was always going to make a chaser this season. Despite looking a competative little race this is thought to be a confidence booster after his bad blunder at Sedgefield. He also went off too fast, i put that down to the new stable jockey Denis O'Regan not knowing the horse. Ive noticed he does improve the more times he rides a stable horse and is surely destined for the top before much longer. Think he will get it right this time although having said that with Monsieur in the race it will be fascinating to see who gets the early lead. 15/8 in the Post would be lovely but you just know it will be around Evens.

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan 2.00 HEREFORD-CAVE HILL 0.5 E/W Has won a bumper here.I expect an improvement from its last 2 runs over hurdles when very green.Looks sure to improve with racing.With 2 short price horses in the race this one looks the value should be around 10/1.

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan Cave Hill 2.00 Hereford. 0.5 points each/way. Not shown much over hurdles as yet, but clearly capable of better than showing, and with Henrietta Knight's stable in better form now, I take him to show an improved effort and give the odds on favourite a run for it's money. The trip's fine and he handles the soft ground and with only a couple to beat in all honesty, he looks decent value at around 8/1.

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan Rock Alliance 2.00 Hereford. 0.5 pts E/W. I can only think 'they' feel the soft ground will be against this one today, as if you look at his bumper form, then you have to give him chances on this hurdling debut. Could actually be better for hurdling, so it appears all down to andling the ground. Breeding lines suggest the ground's a question to answer - Rock Hopper (11.3f) - Lost Coin (Baragoi(8.5f)) - and so that's why he's a big price, but in all honesty the price more than compensates the ground gamble at around '70s' on the exchanges currently, so looks very big odds. Let's hope he handles the ground!

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan 2.10 Southwell Diriculous Win RP comments Handicapper couldn´t be too harsh on him for a narrow defeat of Tyrannosaurus Rex at Kempton last time and mark of 59 probably doesn´t do him justice; the one runner in the field open to plenty of improvement and obvious contender for stable whose few runners here usually acquit themselves well.

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan Hereford 3.00: Arisea (0.5pts e/w) Interestingly was backed on reappearance run at Lingfield in Dec. Finished 5th but could come on for run and gradually slipping down the weights to more realistic figure. Ground conditions should pose no problem and victory over Back On Line in Uttoxeter Event in January would give the selection an each way chance here if taking to the step up in trip. Looks a value bet.

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan Hereford 3.00 Heart Springs EW a big old field and quite an open race. one thing i look at at the moment is if a horse has a history of unseating a rider or pulling up in races like this (20f+, soft ground, big field)... and heart springs doesn't. i'm also fancying lightly raced horses at the minute, and this falls into that category, with a competent 3rd in december its only recent race. there's a lot of variables in this race, and maybe better horses on form, etc... while there might not be any obvious positives for a certain win, there aren't many negatives either. good value for a place (top 4) at about 12/1.

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan

Hereford 3.00 Heart Springs EW a big old field and quite an open race. one thing i look at at the moment is if a horse has a history of unseating a rider or pulling up in races like this (20f+, soft ground, big field)... and heart springs doesn't. i'm also fancying lightly raced horses at the minute, and this falls into that category, with a competent 3rd in december its only recent race. there's a lot of variables in this race, and maybe better horses on form, etc... while there might not be any obvious positives for a certain win, there aren't many negatives either. good value for a place (top 4) at about 12/1.
Im sure I added this tip in this thread about 15 minutes ago......Oh well 15.00 Heart Spings EW 12/1 (Ladbrokes) Good third LTO, and likes this distance. Seems a big price for a contender in the race and should be there or there abouts based on last effort.

2.10 Southwell Diriculous Win RP comments Handicapper couldn´t be too harsh on him for a narrow defeat of Tyrannosaurus Rex at Kempton last time and mark of 59 probably doesn´t do him justice; the one runner in the field open to plenty of improvement and obvious contender for stable whose few runners here usually acquit themselves well.
1st @ 6/4
her name is rio can win the 140 southwell race. toss up with the favourite and odds point to this one for the win. could win easy if race run to suit.
1st @ 7/2 couple of nice winners so far today. :hope for the remainder!

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan 6.50 Wolverhampton - Sands Crooner After a win at Lingfield and 5th after that horse ran a decent 2nd lto. Very light weight today off the same mark and the jockey takes 7 lbs off and is very very promising lad with lots of wins lately. Should win this at a decent price!

A 14/1 E/W better than most winners :) I was on it following your advice! Thanks therat
i was really impressed with the horse today, it rode just off the front pack for most and stayed in touch... coming into the final turn and straight it just never gave up and ran strongly and consistently. for those that are interested, it's pencilled in for a race in a few days:
14 Jan 2008 2:00 (Four Day) at PLUMPTON, Online On Air On Now skypoker.com Novices´ Handicap Hurdle

i was really impressed with the horse today, it rode just off the front pack for most and stayed in touch... coming into the final turn and straight it just never gave up and ran strongly and consistently. for those that are interested, it's pencilled in for a race in a few days:
14 Jan 2008 2:00 (Four Day) at PLUMPTON, Online On Air On Now skypoker.com Novices´ Handicap Hurdle
at some point I tought it would make the frame! I will be on him on that race too ;) :hope

6.50 Wolverhampton - Sands Crooner After a win at Lingfield and 5th after that horse ran a decent 2nd lto. Very light weight today off the same mark and the jockey takes 7 lbs off and is very very promising lad with lots of wins lately. Should win this at a decent price!
I'm on it :) :hope

Re: Best bet of the day - Thursday 10th Jan Round Up A profit in here today, albeit a small one. 4 from 11, giving a 36% strike rate, and Rainbow has a super 7/2 winner with Her Name Is Rio, followed by a 6/4 winner for Bowles10 with Diriculous. Both Secretmachines and TheRat were on EW shot Heart Springs, finishing 3rd at 14/1. A couple of EW 4ths and win 2nds makes this thread unlucky today, could have been an excellent day. 36% strike rate +0.5pts