• 20:00 The Sun Freeroll League
    • 20:00 The Sun Freeroll League
    • 21:00 Interpoker HeadHunter
    • 21:00 SkyPoker The Open
    • 21:30 Laddies On The Oche HU Tournament
    • 21:30 32Red 12th Day of Christmas
    • 21:30 Paradise 50 Up Club
    • 24:00 Europoker 20k Holiday Freeroll Qualifier

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December ** my suggestion being ignored or just missed lol another thing that may put people off is the fact theres nothing added and with such a short field, its hardly worth the money or the effort, $145 entry can win you so much more elsewhere with a lot weaker opponant as opposed to our sharks

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December **

my suggestion being ignored or just missed lol another thing that may put people off is the fact theres nothing added and with such a short field, its hardly worth the money or the effort, $145 entry can win you so much more elsewhere with a lot weaker opponant as opposed to our sharks
Sorry - I did actually miss it..... :$ If we dont get the numbers in the freerolls, then there will be no freerolls!! So we dont really want to restrict PL'rs!!! Similarly - there wont be added value for PLOPS until we can generate some demand and show poker rooms that it's a good business decision (they dont just give away Christmas gifts ;) ) to add value and attract players in the PLOPS to their site..... if we dont generate the numbers, we cannot expect added value... The format and "value" was known when over 50 people (IIRC) expressed their interest in the poll.....

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December ** I have played in a few of these PLOPS tournaments just to support the forum for all the excellent value tournaments you have had and have a laugh with fellow members but I have been a bit sad that only 11 or 12 people have bothered to play... I personally think the entry fees are to high...I am pretty sure if the entry fees was 3.30 euros and 5.50 euros instead of 5.50 euros and 11 euros it would have been better supported... I would have played more if the qualifies wasnt on a Saturday and Fridays(I go out on a friday and saturdays).I have only played these tournaments when they have been on a wednesday and Thursday... Overall the PLOPS Tournament Series is a good idea but you cant please everybody with the dates they are played on,and the entry fees....

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December ** Ok - conceptually (I'm thinking aloud) - if we were to do a PLOPS II about 3 months after the first one (so mid april - with 3 months of sats) - just a NLHE main event - no HU (or anything else). A €50+€5 event, with €5+50c sats Final Deep stacked, sats "standard" structure A sat every 6 days - so it would be on a range of days Would that be better? Would we get larger numbers? anything else to think of?

I'd rather pay an expensive fee against lower standard opponents that don't know my game inside out like most of the folk on here!:lol TQM
TQM I remember about 18 months ago you were top dog on here and nobody could get near you in any of the leagues - you lost your mojo mate :)
I'm with TQM on this one - it's fookin' tough to do well in a PL game. I've taken a pledge not to put any more money in my existing accounts until the New Year, and I save my virgin money for the v-roll (happy to break even) That said, I have dipped my toe in the water on 2 or 3 occasions in the PLOPS series, and have failed spectacularly each time. What would I do differently? Nothing. The price is right, and I'll have another go at the freezeout, but I don't think I'll try the HU again. I'd just need far too much luck to get through the different rounds.
I don't buy that PL games are the toughest around (tightest maybe) and so what if it is tought do you not want a challenge? But you maybe right about the time of year that could a factor
my suggestion being ignored
Yes...... I thought you was in Vegas?
Does the fact that PL games are the hardest $1/€5/€10 games you can buy into not come as an attraction rather than a negative? Sure you dont play in it for profit, but isn't it a cheap way of playing higher standard opponents? (and thus to improve/develop your game)
Spot on GaF :ok As for me the dates so far have meant I have not had the chance to play any. I was never going to make a Saturday one and Wednesdays I don't get home until nine. What I will probably do though is buy into the finals if I keep missing the sats :ok

its not a tight thing for me i dont like the format played last week took far to long heads up just isnt for me
I agree Wurzel, I had to wait an hour for my third match to start last week and by that time I just couldn't be bothered with it. The starting chipstacks were getting higher and the blinds were so small I could see the final finishing in the 'wee small hours'. :zzz Going to have a go at the final qualifier for the BIG ONE though, once all the good players have qualified. :tongue2

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December ** Your going to tell me that this has been going on for ages :unsure but I have only just noticed that the focus games are the most popular choice. Does that not defeat the object of trying to focus people to play different games and try different sats and challenges each week? I'm not sure what the focus games have been but have they been freerolls by any chance?

Your going to tell me that this has been going on for ages :unsure but I have only just noticed that the focus games are the most popular choice. Does that not defeat the object of trying to focus people to play different games and try different sats and challenges each week? I'm not sure what the focus games have been but have they been freerolls by any chance?
:lol :lol :lol :lol It's been going for ages :tongue2 Yes it does kind of beat the objective, but it was struggling, so wanted to try some ideas to "popularize" it.... Surprising not (open) freerolls too much - Paradise Euroliga ($1 buy in) had loads - Virgin V Roll (RH Freeroll) has been a few - the mag freerolls (restricted, but high value) have had a few.....

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December ** I´m sorry to say that I havent played any of these as I have a problem with the pokersite. Of all Boss sites the only one that allows me to deposit is Paradise. Before I had no probs with virgin, now they want a password I never set up.:wall Quite honestly I feel its their problem not mine, I prefer Paradise anyway. As for the format I prefer mtts to hu so possibly would have given this a miss anyway. Its a shame its not so well supported because I know a lot of work behind the scenes goes into setting these up. As for the comment about playing a better standard of player at a reduced cost, I agree 100% and that is why I play the focus games in the first place. When I get a lucky result I know I´ve beaten some of the better players out there and it makes you feel good. :)

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December ** sorry i wasnt in tonights but it wouldnt of been me playing and i couldnt put the dragon in against you lot its not allowed for one and youd eat her alive hu. it maybe better to have them the same days as the v roll sats then its not running against other boss sites

Simple! Stop the freeloaders playing in exclusive PL freerolls unless they support the other tourneys too We have way to many people leeching off us regular players who only play in the big freebies! 80+ for $1000 freerolls, 11 for $5 game.........says it all really. :wall
Only just noticed this...says it all really, its the first sensible thing Morls has said since he said yes to Alan in the HU challenge :D

Re: ** Poker Wednesday 12th December ** Throw in my tuppences worth. I dont like satellites,all though I have played one just to show face. I hate heads up deep stacked poker with a passion and the final is on a Saturday, hence no effort from me to qualify for that. Add to that the wife being with child and due slap bang in the middle of the main event I think I'll wait till nearer the time before investing any more time or effort in qualifying. Thats not to say that I wont buy direct into either as I have a vastly overgrown ego that would love to be massaged by the presence of a bracelet or two

GG Croc, well played, Lucky to hit your Flush to keep you alive.:rollin;) Most enjoyable, Just dont understand with the starting off again at 20/40, Probaly better with around 100/200 Just my thought's, not that you listen:D
cheers kev yes certainly changed the game that hand,enjoyed tonight and have to say the first game against dave is the best hu game i have had for a long long time,wp dave.:notworthy:notworthy

As Avongirl pointed out recently' date=' I feel some of these games have become a bit too serious for a light hearted chap such as myself![/quote'] Can't remember now what we were playing for (Virgin Festival?), but there were a lot of non-regulars and probably a live seat at stake. Don't think the same would apply here, although it is more difficult to banter in HU I find! Couldn't play tonight as it's my busy time and on the back of the holiday not really sat down to play again yet. I might have tried a normal PL game tonight and arrived late, but I couldn't really risk sitting out the first 30 mins of a HU hoping for a bye. So for me, time of year is certainly a factor. Fully intending to play these again soon though, even though I can't seem to win more than 1 HU game in a row.:eyes Also, I don't mind a regular $5 buy-in, but I still struggle to come to terms with $10 so haven't played any of the MTTs yet - don't mind one-offs at $10 but haven't the roll to play a series at this level and unfortunately my Virgin a/c suffered badly from trying to qualify for the Festival. :(