Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov

Would you consider this one as an Over, with the Slovaks relaxed and nothing to play for? IMO this would be my choice to watch as an entertaining game. Cheers
Well, not sure and haven't checked the prices - woulod need above evens even to consider. Cech is out injured which is good news if you wanna back the over, but my major worry is the weather. It will be very cold, round zeto or slightly under which doesn't look too good for players to give it all - well, the Slovaks should do some running as they would like to revenge the terrible loss at home, but it's about the only thing they have to play for.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov As mentioned by several contributors Russia have been chalked up at one of the most "wrong" prices ever. On ELO ratings it would be something like 30% home, 37% away, 33% draw. The true price on Russia is 2.7 but punters are betting at 1.5 - madness. So my punter's paranoia suggests something dodgy is going on but I just have to bet ISRAEL somehow. So I have £500 on Israel +1 goal ASIAN at a price of EVENS with CANBET. At least this way you get money back if its a margin one Russian victory.

Two Czech defenders from the usual starting XI missing from the squad so it's Cech and two def out - the over is beginning to look better;)
Very helpful :ok Off the topic,Cech's injury is no good news to anyone, best keeper atm, and trust me, I am not a Chelsea fan. Now that the Over looks good to you I will probably go for it along with my earlier picks Albania and Poland. Still ''digging'' though, will wait on further ''debates'' on Israel-Russia. The more I look at that game, and despite all''lay,lay,lay'' advices, the more it looks to me like Russia -1,-1,5. We'll see. Thanks and good luck.

Very helpful :ok Off the topic,Cech's injury is no good news to anyone, best keeper atm, and trust me, I am not a Chelsea fan. Now that the Over looks good to you I will probably go for it along with my earlier picks Albania and Poland. Still ''digging'' though, will wait on further ''debates'' on Israel-Russia. The more I look at that game, and despite all''lay,lay,lay'' advices, the more it looks to me like Russia -1,-1,5. We'll see. Thanks and good luck.
Beware, especially if a match is a *** (ehm), the winner seldom covers the handicap. I would avoid the match.

Can anyone from Ireland please confirm this? Stephen Reid, Joey O'Brien, Richard Dunne, Andy O'Brien and Stephen Kelly are all out for the Wales clash? http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=479861
Yep big defensive problems. Also Given may not play and Jonathan Douglas is out for sure. Bellamy and Bale are out for Wales. I'm not going near this one.

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Big injury problems for Sweden. Not very generous price on Spain, but I will take it

By Simon Baskett MADRID, Nov 15 (Reuters) - Although they are on the verge of claiming their places in Euro 2008, Spain and Sweden know that a slip-up in their top-of-the-table Group F clash at the Bernabeu on Saturday (kickoff 2100 GMT) could cost them dear. Sweden lead the group with 23 points from 10 games and a draw would secure their passage to the finals in Austria and Switzerland with a game to spare, while Spain, who are a point behind, need a win to guarantee themselves a berth in next year's tournament. However, defeat for either team could leave them within striking distance of Denmark and Northern Ireland if one of those two sides comes away with a victory when they go head to head at Windsor Park on Saturday. "All we need now is that finishing touch," said Spain midfielder Albert Riera when the squad got together on Wednesday. "We have got two important games left to play and our aim is to win them both so that we can top the group. You always want to show that you are the best side, play well and make a good impression." Spain's qualification campaign was almost derailed last year after consecutive defeats at the hands of Sweden and Northern Ireland, but six wins and a draw in their next seven matches have put Luis Aragones's side back on track for Euro 2008. Spain will be without Liverpool striker Fernando Torres who was left out of the squad despite returning from injury at the weekend, with the in-form Raul Tamudo likely to partner David Villa up front. INJURY WORRIES Opponents Sweden turned in a sluggish performance in last month's 1-1 draw against Northern Ireland and have a number of injury worries ahead of Saturday's match. Toulouse's Johan Elmander, a first choice striker for Sweden alongside Inter Milan's Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has pulled out of the ties with a thigh injury and his natural replacement Marcus Allback is in doubt with a sore hip. If Allback misses out, Werder Bremen's Markus Rosenberg or AaB Aalborg's Rade Prica could partner Ibrahimovic up front. "We would rather not depart from using two strikers," said coach Lars Lagerback. "But it's an option. A deep-line forward or an offensive midfielder instead of a second forward, but then we break a lot with the foundations of our game." Sweden's holding midfielder Tobias Linderoth is out with a groin injury while skipper Fredrik Ljungberg is doubtful because of a calf problem. Probable teams: Spain: Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Carles Puyol, Carlos Marchena, Joan Capdevila; Xavi, David Albelda, Andres Iniesta, David Silva; Raul Tamudo or Cesc Fabregas, David Villa. Sweden: Rami Shaaban; Erik Edman, Petter Hansson, Olof Mellberg, Mikael Nilsson; Fredrik Ljungberg, Anders Svensson, Daniel Andersson, Kim Kallstrom, Christian Willhelmsson; Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Referee: Roberto Rosetti (Italy) (Additional reporting by Oliver Grassman in Stockholm; Editing by Alison Wildey)

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Israel - Russia I am still considering this one and I guess the following will trigger some nasty reply posts, but it is a forum,right? 1. IF the game is approached as a ''fixed'' one, then it is clearly stay-away one. I mean we need to guess what it was fixed at? No good for betting purposes. Such games would be with small margins, but do we know? 2. IF the game is approached tracing a Russian connection in Israel, then we again have to consider a ''fix'' AND on top of that we might as well go back in the Stalin years, following the Russian Jews Exodus later. AGAIN it is a clear message - stay away. 3. IF people are not happy with the odds on Russia, well then, it is still a stay-away sign all over it, if, arguably, the game is ''fixed'' and the Russian connection is on the table,right? 4. IF people are not happy with the possible outcome in this group in view of the English chances to qualify and place bets somehow emotionally in hope Russia will fail it is simply no good again. Now ,if the things above ignored and footballing merits considered, the outcome of this game should be a convincing Russian win. Reasoning? -quality of the teams. Important missings in the Israeli team confirmed here, while Russia is coming in full force. Just a quick look at the list of the Russian forwards will give you the names of some of the most wanted players in Europe in January. -manager. Massive handycap in favour of Russia. Earlier on in this forum in a post I read the Dutchman is not bothered there anymore?? True, he never worked in the best possible environment there, a lot of politics in the Russian FA. True, his team produced some bad results, but who didn't? Yet again he won the BIG one vs England, and the chances are still there. Surely he will be far better prepared for this game, proved he can win such matches, with a great choice of players. - motivation. It was previously been discussed, read same strange posts. It is obvious where motivation in this case is, and it is crucial here imo. Still I will go further than that. I like the Israel team, they've upset few people in the past 15 years, giving away the best they have on the pitch. Still somehow their best games take place away, and it is not that 0-0 in Moscow, ask the French about 1994. The Russians are almost at home in Israel,will have nice support for sure. With the kind of now-or-never attitude they take no prisoners in this kind of games, in all sports in fact. I wouldn't expect the Russians to sit back on a nice little cushion and wait for final whistle, you wouldn't expect this from Hiddinck either. Unless arguably the game is ''fixed'', i.e. stay away from it. If Russia takes the lead in the first half, I would rather expect them to press much harder in the second for a convincing margin! One thing in the forum though I fully agree on and that is the fact that often in games like this each one of us had some bad experience. In many cases I've waited until the end for a late winner by a side considered as a clear favourite to win by greater margin. The more I am looking at this game though, the more I think Russia will beat higher handycaps then expected. Valuewise and regardless of all ''fix'' suggestions I would rather go for Russia -1,-1,5 with odds around 2,25, instead of Israel +1 with odds around evens. Prove me wrong, or rather I hope I am wrong, because I still haven't placed my bet, while other people did. Good luck

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Macedonia- Croatia game I think Croatia i capable of winning this match. They need just one point to be sure for austria and swice. They are ahead of Balkan pride team Macedonia but I'm sure they cannot do anything against Bilics team with Arsenal player Eduardo da Silva, Dinamo Zagreb Luka Modric, Petric Borussia, and Olic HSV.. they are all capable to score one goal and thats for sure enough for clear win.. They beat Israel, draw in Russia, one point from qualifying they can and they'll make it. straight Croatia win, or Under. cheers sorry on my Englis,and long post. GL everyone...i'm listening all your bets.peace

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Totally agree with Nastro!! The country's media has been non stop about this game for the past week. Iv never seen so much excitment over an international fixture......however, Scotland are famous for glorious failure! The amount of times Scotland have been on the brink of achieving something spactacular and just missed out ...1998 world cup 1-1 against Brazil......cue Tommy Boyd own goal, play-off against the Dutch....1-0 Scotland first leg.........hammered 6-0 second leg in Amsterdam! However, Im not for a minute saying this will be the case on Saturday, getting odds as high as 4.4 or 4.5 on betfair for Scotland to win on their own patch against anyone, never mind a game with so much at stake as this, is ludacris. Not saying Scotland will win, but at those odds DEFINATLY worth a small wager. Now for those of you who think the Italians are over priced and are rushing on to 'snap them up'.....be aware that this Scotland team have shown sometihng different from the teams I have mentioned earlier.....they seem to have the real desire to win, and with Scott Brown a key man in midfeild leading this drive I think the Italians will have one of the hardest game in a while. Honest opinion 1-1 Good luck Scotland!! and good luck with all other bets this weekend :beer:cheers

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov Ireland missing : Stephen Reid (has missed 14 months anyway), Douglas, Joey O'Brien, Andy O'brien (none of which start), Kelly (isn't THAT big of a miss) - only Dunne is a major absence and has been the heart of our defence for the last few years. Given will DEFINATELY play! Goalkeepers Shay Given - Newcastle United Joe Murphy - Scunthorpe United Colin Doyle - Birmingham City Defenders Steve Finnan - Liverpool Paul McShane - Sunderland Darren O’Dea - Celtic John O’Shea - Manchester United Alex Bruce – Ipswich Town Midfielders Aiden McGeady - Celtic Lee Carsley - Everton Darren Potter – Wolverhampton Wanderers Andy Reid - Charlton Athletic Liam Miller - Sunderland Stephen Hunt - Reading Kevin Kilbane - Wigan Athletic Strikers Robbie Keane - Tottenham Hotspur Daryl Murphy - Sunderland Anthony Stokes - Sunderland Kevin Doyle - Reading. Likely line up; Given Finnan O'Shea McShane Bruce Carsley McGeady Kilbane Reid Doyle Keane This Team still has ALOT of quality players, now compare this to a welsh team without Bellamy or Gareth Bale and Giggs now retired;

Wayne HENNESSEY Wolverhampton Wanderers
Lewis PRICEDerby County
Gareth BALETottenham Hotspur
James COLLINSWest Ham United
Neal EARDLEYOldham Athletic
Danny GABBIDONWest Ham United
Chris GUNTERCardiff City
Craig MORGANPeterborough United
Steve EVANSWrexham
Lewin NYATANGADerby County (Loan Barnsley)
Sam RICKETTSHull City
David EDWARDSLuton Town
Andrew CROFTSGillingham
Arron DAVIESNottingham Forest
Simon DAVIESFulham
Carl FLETCHERCrystal Palace
Owain Tudur JONESSwansea City
Jason KOUMASWigan Athletic
Joe LEDLEYCardiff City
Carl ROBINSONToronto
Robert EARNSHAWDerby County
David COTTERILLWigan Athletic
Jermaine EASTERWycombe Wanderers (Loan Plymouth Argyle)
Freddy EASTWOODWolverhampton Wanderers
The quality in difference is HUGE, and now with Staunton and his terrible tactics out the door we should see an improved performance as Ireland NEED to win this to stay 3rd (and retain 3rd seeding for the next World cup qualification) while Wales have nothing to lose. Everytime i watch the Wales matches the stadium is half empty, and this is the sort of stadium that Ireland will make their own! I personally know ALOT of people going over and this is only the North of the country! With the short trip across the water the stadium will be FULL with green shirts, it'll seem like a home match for Ireland. My bet : Ireland 9/10

The Israel v Russia game is attracting a lot of attention here and I think it's easy to see why; Israel's record is exemplary at home and, until recently, Russia have not looked anything special. My problem is the Hiddink factor: even though all probabilty logic says that Russia are way too short and should be laid, I think that Hiddink will have his players highly motivated for this one and my gut feeling is that Russia will win. More than a gut feeling actually - their result v England although achieved in Moscow was a far far cry from their pathetic effort in England and I think this is evidence that the team have been improving. I agree that motivation is not everything and that players can have motivation higher than that of qualifying, but I think we should consider a good recent analogy. At the end of last season, West Ham visited Man U needing a result, and although United talked up how hard they would try in this game anyone who watched the game will remember the crucial first fifteen minutes when United's adventurous approach was curtailed by a couple of bone-crunching tackles. You could almost hear the United players thinking "uh oh," before dreaming of the beach towel and sangria that awaited them....why risk six months in plaster? I'm not saying that W. Ham were, or that Russia will be, cynical, simply that the desire will not be as great and that I actually think the Russians have wised up. No bet on the away though at that price (or bet on England not to qualify instead if you can get a decent price).
I see where your coming from Papa, but i will take it one step further and confidently predict a Russian win. Money talks and Abramovich has got so much of the stuff its just not funny. It's common knowledge his links with the Isreali football football league and throw in Avram whatshisname, boss at the bridge, well suffice to say that good Vodka is on ice. With Beyeyoun out, one would have to say it's "Dustbin Danube England!"

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov huh, the match I knew I was gonna bet the minute I saw Russians winning over the English is certainly stirring here ;) 1. motivation 2. quality 3. Israelis would prefer Russians to qualify (I hope) ;) I am well aware of a "no brainer" pick here but I like it, sometimes one needs to be a man and play something well beyond value :nana ... and history needs be made somehow sometime, England not qualifying has been of a lurking doom for some time now, it's a perfect moment imho... maybe they'll wake up over there and do something with the level of their football deteriorating each year... after they get a proper kick ;) and a draw in Scotland is on the cards, if Italy need a point you don't need to ponder long... :tongue2

I see where your coming from Papa' date=' but i will take it one step further and confidently predict a Russian win. Money talks and Abramovich has got so much of the stuff its just not funny. It's common knowledge his links with the Isreali football football league and throw in Avram whatshisname, boss at the bridge, well suffice to say that good Vodka is on ice. With Beyeyoun out, one would have to say it's "Dustbin Danube England!"[/quote'] So whats to stop me thinking that England losing in Russia was orchestrated by Abromavich? :ok

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov @ deeloughran. :okFinally some great info and preview, thanks. Too many posts on the Israel game, with plenty of other exciting games to follow - Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland, Spain, Bulgaria, Czech Rep, etc. Feel somehow embarassed I was posting on Russia, IMO there is so much money involved in football that any game could be bought, fixed, etc. With that in mind though a new forum would be useful, like "Who is who in football and how much cash he/she has''. No bad feelings, but now that Abramovich got involved in here, the next thing I would expect is a market research by the Austrian Pub Owners' Club of how much they would lose if England do not qualify !? I mean, so far most of people here fancy Israel +1 with odds around evens, some other opinions posted as well. Supporting or opposing these picks would be useful, as well as any other new info re Saturday games, as most people here do not have access to such info for one or another reason. Anything outside of this is guessing, hence no good for betting purposes as it is not within the reasonable risk. Sounds like I am preaching, but I am not, simply need help on other games with tasty odds and less previews, where Abramovich has no interests ;) Good luck to everyone !

Ireland missing : Stephen Reid (has missed 14 months anyway), Douglas, Joey O'Brien, Andy O'brien (none of which start), Kelly (isn't THAT big of a miss) - only Dunne is a major absence and has been the heart of our defence for the last few years. Given will DEFINATELY play! Goalkeepers Shay Given - Newcastle United Joe Murphy - Scunthorpe United Colin Doyle - Birmingham City Defenders Steve Finnan - Liverpool Paul McShane - Sunderland Darren O’Dea - Celtic John O’Shea - Manchester United Alex Bruce – Ipswich Town Midfielders Aiden McGeady - Celtic Lee Carsley - Everton Darren Potter – Wolverhampton Wanderers Andy Reid - Charlton Athletic Liam Miller - Sunderland Stephen Hunt - Reading Kevin Kilbane - Wigan Athletic Strikers Robbie Keane - Tottenham Hotspur Daryl Murphy - Sunderland Anthony Stokes - Sunderland Kevin Doyle - Reading. Likely line up; Given Finnan O'Shea McShane Bruce Carsley McGeady Kilbane Reid Doyle Keane This Team still has ALOT of quality players, now compare this to a welsh team without Bellamy or Gareth Bale and Giggs now retired;
Wayne HENNESSEY Wolverhampton Wanderers
Lewis PRICEDerby County
Gareth BALETottenham Hotspur
James COLLINSWest Ham United
Neal EARDLEYOldham Athletic
Danny GABBIDONWest Ham United
Chris GUNTERCardiff City
Craig MORGANPeterborough United
Steve EVANSWrexham
Lewin NYATANGADerby County (Loan Barnsley)
Sam RICKETTSHull City
David EDWARDSLuton Town
Andrew CROFTSGillingham
Arron DAVIESNottingham Forest
Simon DAVIESFulham
Carl FLETCHERCrystal Palace
Owain Tudur JONESSwansea City
Jason KOUMASWigan Athletic
Joe LEDLEYCardiff City
Carl ROBINSONToronto
Robert EARNSHAWDerby County
David COTTERILLWigan Athletic
Jermaine EASTERWycombe Wanderers (Loan Plymouth Argyle)
Freddy EASTWOODWolverhampton Wanderers
The quality in difference is HUGE, and now with Staunton and his terrible tactics out the door we should see an improved performance as Ireland NEED to win this to stay 3rd (and retain 3rd seeding for the next World cup qualification) while Wales have nothing to lose. Everytime i watch the Wales matches the stadium is half empty, and this is the sort of stadium that Ireland will make their own! I personally know ALOT of people going over and this is only the North of the country! With the short trip across the water the stadium will be FULL with green shirts, it'll seem like a home match for Ireland. My bet : Ireland 9/10
What do you think about under/over 2.5? With the absences in defense, Ireland still has enough quality upfront. Wales' defense is supposedly isn't that good either as they conceded a goal against San Marino and with both teams trying to win and to score i think it can be an open game here. So the over looks good.

SERBIA Goalkeepers: Vladimir Stojkovic (Sporting Lisbon), Vlada Avramov (Fiorentina) Defenders: Nemanja Vidic (Manchester United FC), Mladen Krstajic (FC Schalke 04), Ivica Dragutinovic (Sevilla FC), Marjan Markovic (FC Dynamo Kyiv), Antonio Rukavina (FK Partizan), Dusko Tosic (Werder Bremen), Milan Stepanov (FC Porto), Branislav Ivanovic (Locomotiv Moscow), Milan Biševac (RC Lens) Midfielders: Dejan Stankovic (Inter Milan), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (Fiorentina), Igor Duljaj (FC Shakhtar Donetsk), Nenad Kovacevic (RC Lens), Milan Smiljanic (RCD Espanyol), Bosko Jankovic (Palermo), Milos Krasic (CSKA Moscow), Zoran Tosic (FK Partizan), Ognjen Koroman (FK Crvena Zvezda) Forwards: Nikola Zigic (Valencia CF), Marko Pantelic (Hertha BSC), Danko Lazovic (PSV Eindhoven), Milan Jovanovic (Standard de Liege) Serbia are boosted by the return of Stankovic, Vidic, Krstajic and Dragutinovic, but due to an injury problems in the recent weeks, Stankovic will play only next week's, possible crucial, match against Poland in Belgrade!
Gk Vladimir Stojkovic is still struggling to overcome his injury(for a couple of weeks now) and won't be risked on Saturday night, in order to get ready for the Poland match! As mentioned, Dejan Stankovic is also ruled out through injury and should make his return next week, in the Poland match! Marko Pantelic got injured last week, playing for Hertha against Hannover!He's doubtful, but according to latest news, should be available for selection! Nemanja Vidic has missed yesterday's training.Some injury problems, doubtful, but according to latest news, he should be ready till the kick-off. Branislav Ivanovic is also facing some injury problems, but should be available for selection. So, for now, Stankovic and gk Stojkovic are definitely ruled out through injuries! Probable lineup: Serbia: Avramov - Ivanovic (Rukavina), Vidic, Krstajic, Dragutinovic - Kovacevic, Kuzmanovic - Koroman, Jankovic, Krasic - Zigic

What do you think about under/over 2.5? With the absences in defense' date=' Ireland still has enough quality upfront. Wales' defense is supposedly isn't that good either as they conceded a goal against San Marino and with both teams trying to win and to score i think it can be an open game here. So the over looks good.[/quote'] Ireland NEVER score many away from home (most this compaign has been 2) while Wales at home vs a GOOD defence (germany and the czechs) haven't scored, i watched both matches and to be honest they didn't look like they would either being dominated in both. I don't know if Eastwood and Earnshaw have it in them to unlock a solid enough premiership back two with Carsley protecting them. I'd say the value is on the under, with a 1-0 scoreline to Ireland likely with them sitting back and soaking pressure setting up a nervy finish (ALWAYS do this after taking the lead :wall)

huh, the match I knew I was gonna bet the minute I saw Russians winning over the English is certainly stirring here ;) 1. motivation 2. quality 3. Israelis would prefer Russians to qualify (I hope) ;) I am well aware of a "no brainer" pick here but I like it, sometimes one needs to be a man and play something well beyond value :nana ... and history needs be made somehow sometime, England not qualifying has been of a lurking doom for some time now, it's a perfect moment imho... maybe they'll wake up over there and do something with the level of their football deteriorating each year... after they get a proper kick ;) and a draw in Scotland is on the cards, if Italy need a point you don't need to ponder long... :tongue2
If you are betting without value, you are doomed to failure in the long run.

I see where your coming from Papa' date=' but i will take it one step further and confidently predict a Russian win. Money talks and Abramovich has got so much of the stuff its just not funny. It's common knowledge his links with the Isreali football football league and throw in Avram whatshisname, boss at the bridge, well suffice to say that good Vodka is on ice. With Beyeyoun out, one would have to say it's "Dustbin Danube England!"[/quote'] It's just absolute rubbish to suggest Abramovic has bought the result - for gods sake, let's have real debate and not science fiction. ;)

Re: Euro 2008 Qualifiers Sat 17th Nov OVER in Norway - Turkey game @ 1.8? The 1st game ended with 4 goals, 2-2. In their 10 games played in this group, Norway scored at least once in each game, except in the game with Greece. More, 4 of 5 home games went over. Turkey has the same situation, scoring at least once in 9 of their 10 games. I don't know the lineups, missings, injuries etc but I don't think that Turkey's defence can keep a clean sheet, neither Norway's one. Turkey dropped important points against Malta and I think that they must win this one in order to qualify, no? Or to expect Malta to win against Norway? :$

It's just absolute rubbish to suggest Abramovic has bought the result - for gods sake' date=' let's have real debate and not science fiction. ;)[/quote'] Some facts: in Betfair, nearly a million GBP speculated on the Russia game most of it - unusually - well in advance of the fixture ( 95% of which is on a team who have a dismal away record v a team with - by any standard - an exemplary home record). Benayouin's absence through injury is followed by his deputy presumably breaking a toe nail while walking the pitch on Thursday and ruling himself out of the game. So, clearly nothing unusal about this match then. :unsure

I haven't been keeping with this competition at all and well I have some free bets stashed away for a nice situation.... Germany at $2.75 to win there group seems a little high... with two matches left for both themselves and the Czechs Germany currently top the group by a 6 goal difference and with both games at home I cannot see how the fans could forgive anything less than 6 points against two teams with no future in the competition. They must pick up for the fans over these matches or surely heads will roll. The only thing going against this bet is that they are secured a position into the next round no matter what the results. Any insight from someone who has done more than think about this for 15 minutes is appreciated...:ok
You're incorrect here. Czech Republic are top of the group based on their head to head record with Germany: Czech Rep 1-2 Germany Germany 0-3 Czech Rep From the official UEFA website:
Equality of points after the group matches If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings. a) Higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question. b) Superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question.
I think the bet will probably be a winner as I can see the Czechs slipping up either at home to Slovakia or away to Cyprus while Germany should get 6 points easily but your reasoning is flawed so you might want to reconsider.

Some facts: in Betfair, nearly a million GBP speculated on the Russia game most of it - unusually - well in advance of the fixture ( 95% of which is on a team who have a dismal away record v a team with - by any standard - an exemplary home record). Benayouin's absence through injury is followed by his deputy presumably breaking a toe nail while walking the pitch on Thursday and ruling himself out of the game. So, clearly nothing unusal about this match then. :unsure
It's ridiculous to suggest the match is fixed is what I'm saying. Can you imagine what would happen if proof of a international match of this magnitude being fixed was found to be true? I really don't think you have thought about it. Fixed matches are few and far between, and probably 99% of matches that are said to be fixed, is nothing but garbage. Russia may well win and I'm sure I might hear "I told you so", but the fact remains is that if Russia win, it will be because they were the better team, not because Abramovich was handing out sweeties at half time.

There been extensive study into the "motivation factor" in soccer matches by Kevin Pullen. The graphs produced clearly showed that teams that needed to win actually did worse then expected and even worse then their previous performances where there was no pressure.
Take note everyone who bets on underpriced motivated teams.