** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd I have to say Kessler may well be undefeated, but how in the hell is JC 1.76 to rip his head off?:eek Kessler has done what has been put in front of him, but having looked at his opponents, they're all bar a couple, greengrocers and carpenters as far as I'm concerned. Calzaghe may well be starting to dip, but he will be well up for this and he's such a hard fighter to get to and with such quick hands, I have to say he is extreme value at 1.76. :ok 10pts Calzaghe @ 1.76 Betfair

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd Hmmm. Having a brief look at Mikkel Kessler's fight record only Markus Beyer was any sort of name. I'm being brutally objective here but having a quick glance looking at Joe Calazghe's fight record particularly his last 10 fights only the win against Jeff Lacy was genuinely noteworthy. Yesterday's Bettingzone Market Moves: 1220: Ladbrokes punters are backing Mikkel Kessler to defy the odds and unify the super-middleweight division ahead of his fight with Joe Calzaghe at the Millennium Stadium this weekend. The Dane - holder of the WBA and WBC straps - is the 11/8 outsider, with WBO king Calzaghe 4/7 to extend his unbeaten record. Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said: "It appears that for the first time in a long while we'll be joining fight fans at the Millennium Stadium in cheering on their man." ============= I'm kind if surprised to see a late flurry of bets over at Ladbrokes for a Kessler win but hey, that's sharp betting action in uh, action. :unsure I think this will be countered by late patriotic bets on Saturday night on Calzaghe, and Joe will be 1/2 (and may dip to 2/5) at the time of the fight.

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd This price on Calzaghe was ridiculous when I mentioned it to everyone at the PL meeting and then the NFL meeting last week when he was only 4/7 but now it's starting to take the piss. 10pts J.Calzaghe to beat M.Kessler 4/5 Sportingbet So here we are. Finally a unification fight in the middleweight division. By 3am on Sunday morning we will officially know who is the best Super-Middleweight in the world today. I'm pretty certain I know who it is and I fully expect Joe Calzaghe to show the world it's him. So much is going for him in this fight for me. The home crowd, vociferous and very much a partner for Calzaghe, Calzaghe's record in big fights where he really up's his game and of course experience of the biggest nights. Calzaghe's waited 10 years and more for this night. He won't let it go without the win. Mikkel Kessler brings a decent, unbeaten record to the ring but he hasn't travelled much and the atmosphere simply must get to him. He also doesn't really have a decent name on his CV maybe with the exception of Markus Beyer. He does have youth on his side though. There's only 1 thing that worries me and that is Joe's left hand. He's had problems with it in the past but I think he'll find a way of winning. The Kessler camp have pinned their hopes on Calzaghe not being at his best which was the case in his last 2 fights but he's been there and done it so many times now that we only see the real Joe Calzaghe on big fight night. We'll see him tonight and with hands as quick as his and that partisan Millenium Stadium crowd behind him I'm absolutely certain that Britain will have another unified world champion when the dust settles in Cardiff on Sunday morning.

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd glad to see you both picking Calzaghe. i'm really nervous about this fight though, if Joe brings his A game he wins, but there is something in this whole age thing I think, what if one of his hands goes again? he won't get away with it against Kessler. Britain really need Calzaghe and Hatton to bring the sporting year to a great end.

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd Agree with you boys on Calzaghe. I'm sure I read somewhere that Calzaghe has only been knocked down once in his pro AND amateur career so even though Kessler can bang, I reckon even if Calzaghe doesn't perform (injures hand, fights badly etc.), he's likely to take it on points with such a large home following. That said, gonna take Calzaghe to win on points I think, but only the one point... 1 pt J Calzaghe to beat M Kessler on points @ 7/5 (Bet365, 6/4 available at Paddypower) GL everyone...

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd is now 1.75 for JC win on bf, huge price surely this price will get hammered in by the time the bell rings? drunken bets placed after getting home from the pub tonight possibly? all this talk of kessler coming over and doing the business, they said the same thing about Jeff Lacey.;) go on Joe, smash him up.:ok

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd Calzaghe V Kessler (Calzaghe to win 1.75 Betfair) I can't believe people still have any doubts regarding Calzaghe, he has heart, a good chin, lightning quick hand speed and loves to take on those come forward fighters. He can jab and move or stand and trade, he has the whole box of tricks and it is only a lack of motivation that has seen a few poor performances. People mention the age factor but with age comes experience, he has put his titles on the line time after time yet still remains unbeaten and can raise his game to the highest level when needed and he will be tonight. I don't know an awful lot about Kessler but all the boxing press don't seem to expect a knockout and the odds reflect that too. If he keeps walking into Joe's punches he really won't know what has hit him and where the punches are coming from. Calzaghe has been accused of slapping but if that was the case why did Jeff Lacy look like he had been mauled by a pit bull. Calzaghe is different class and people should start to recognise it. He will retire undefeated and can unify the belts tonight, he might have the older legs but he gave Lacy a beating over 12 rounds and if Kessler won't go down then he'll just have to take more punishment and lose on points. I'm really confident Joe will win, probably on points but I also think there is a possibility of a knockout in rounds 8-9.

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd This just looks like one of those bets that is too good to be true doesnt it? Bizarrley thats the only problem I have and for that reason I cant back it, something, something just HAS to be wrong, either Joe really is struggling in training or kessler really is something special. I cant fathom it why he's 1.80 and the money is still piling on the Dane.....just one to sit and watch for me. :(

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd Joe rises to the occasion once again! Brilliant fight, we haven't seen the last of Kessler thats for sure, very impressed with Calzaghe's chin he took some shots. Now for Hatton to do the business against Mayweather for a great end to the British sporting year. :nana:nana:nana well done to all of those on Calzaghe aswell.

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd Superb fight and I was watching in Copenhagen with 20 other Danes, who were cheering Kessler on like crazy! :loon There was a lot of patriotic danish money also, from the chats I had with a few guys there. Kessler will be back and better than ever. :ok

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd

Superb fight and I was watching in Copenhagen with 20 other Danes, who were cheering Kessler on like crazy! :loon There was a lot of patriotic danish money also, from the chats I had with a few guys there. Kessler will be back and better than ever. :ok
yep, Kessler will come back from this a much better fighter imo, one to watch for the future.

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd

fell sleep and just woke up :( :( Quality stuff it sounds though :clap
It was Calzaghe at his brilliant best mate. There were lots of people doubting Calzaghe before the fight and giving it the age rubbish but he answered all the doubters tonight. I'd love to see him fight Kelly Pavlik next but in all reality if he's only going to have 2 or 3 more fights then he'll make sure they are blockbusters. Bernard Hopkins challenged Calzaghe after he beat Wright and I'd be amazed if the Calzaghe camp doesn't go down that route.

Re: Boxing: Calzaghe v Kessler - Nov 3rd I can't get over the amount of people on the Betfair forum s la gg ing off Joe Calzaghe, saying that the reason he's stayed champion for 10 years is because he's beat nobodies. The guy's beat everybody in his divison, and the only fights he ever missed out on were champions at different weights ie Tarver, Hopkins, and RoyJonesJunior, and then of course you have the boxing pollitics as well. Fairplay to this Forum you embrace success and and give constructive criticism when needed. Long may it continue.