** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League 23rd/24th October

Re: Champions League 23rd/24th October Just managed an in play bet on Liverpool at 4.7 on Betfair in the hope of them scoring and Me trading out. Besiktas are poor so surely Liverpool can get something. It really needs to see Crouch get on though as Pool's front two are shocking. An equaliser in the first 10 mins could see Liverpool into 1.79 - 1.90. :hope:hope:hope

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 23rd/24th October

Just managed an in play bet on Liverpool at 4.7 on Betfair in the hope of them scoring and Me trading out. Besiktas are poor so surely Liverpool can get something. It really needs to see Crouch get on though as Pool's front two are shocking. An equaliser in the first 10 mins could see Liverpool into 1.79 - 1.90. :hope:hope:hope
:@:@:@ I hope they go straight out now after that...complete inept. Benetiz got it all wrong there by leaving Crouch on the bench until they were 2-0 down and only 9 mins left. Without Gerrard, Liverpool are clueless. How can any away team have 28 shots against the home sides 8 and still be outplayed ???? Beggars belief....

:@:@:@ I hope they go straight out now after that...complete inept. Benetiz got it all wrong there by leaving Crouch on the bench until they were 2-0 down and only 9 mins left. Without Gerrard, Liverpool are clueless. How can any away team have 28 shots against the home sides 8 and still be outplayed ???? Beggars belief....
Lay Liverpool not to qualify at odds of 3.3 betfair :eyes

Fancy A Shevchenko to score anytime tonight 2/1 @ Will Hills, he may not have performed as well in a Chelsea shirt as compared to his Ac Milan days but the man is a champion league scoring legend. He's scored 47 goals so far in his 90 CL games and i fully expect him to bag one tonight.
Comes on 88th min :@

Not so fair' date= eh! Unless he scores, then it's very fair.
Checking the starting lineups would have solved the problem. Surely you wouldn't back a player to score that you know wouldn't play much of the match (bar injury).

Checking the starting lineups would have solved the problem. Surely you wouldn't back a player to score that you know wouldn't play much of the match (bar injury).
A fair point, placed the bet an hour b4 kick off due to having things to do elsewhere. Couldn't find the starting line up by that time, that's why it's called gambling. My Rooney (last night) and Keane (mon night) anytime scorer bets leave me well in profit, was just annoying that he didn't stay on the bench or come on a lot earlier.

im goin for two trebles and an acca- real, valencia and chelsea all to win W bremen, benfica and milan all to win acca with them all. I know its rude not to give reasons but honestly short of time and i think i'd just be repeating lot of what has been said already!
:beer doubled my money however valencia winning would have led to a 4 figure payout!:wall all good though!:clap

Werder Bremen to beat Lazio in Group C. This is a must win game for Bremen tonight as they have lost both their previous games in the competition 2-1 at Real Madrid and more surprisingly 3-1 at home to Olympiakos. Lazio have started with two draws a 1-1 at Olympiakos and a 2-2 at home to Real Madrid. Bremen are currently 2nd in the Bundesliga 6 points behind leaders Bayern Munich after 10 games and they have a home record of won 4 and lost 1 of their 5 matches scoring 17 but conceding 9. The only blot on their home record other then the Olympiakos game was when Bayern beat them 4-0 back in August. In their last 3 home games however they have found their form and scoring boots with a 4-1 win against Stuttgart followed by an 8-1 win against Armenia Bielefeld and in their last home game a 3-2 win against Hertha Berlin. Lazio are 13th in Serie A and have started the season slowly, already finding themselves 10 points behind leaders Inter after only 8 games. The form on the road has been steady if uninspiring with a win at bottom club Livorno 1-0 in their last away game the only success to go with draws at 19th placed Reggina (1-1),9th placed Sampdoria (0-0) and a defeat at 10th placed Atalanta (2-1). Lazio will no doubt keep it tight again tonight and this game brings together the classic case of the free scoring home side against the tight defensive visitor. I believe Bremen will win tonight’s encounter as anything less then a win as I have previously said will all but eliminate them from the competition. They are currently best price 5/6 with Ladbrokes for the win which for me is a reasonable price. Also for those of you who like historical trends Bremen have faced Italian opposition 9 times at home and have yet to lose. I personally feel you can read that stat either way and my reason for picking Bremen tonight is more to do with the goal threat from Sonogo and Almeira who between them have already hit 11 this season. Bremen look set to be able to pick from a fully fit squad tonight whilst Lazio have a few injury problems. Midfielder Stefano Mauri and defender Sebastiano Siviglia sustained injuries in Sunday's 1-0 win at AS Livorno, joining Cribari and Ledesma on the sidelines, also Behrami, Mutarelli and Goran Pandev, picked up knocks in the Livorno game but should be fit to play.
managed to get 5/6 with £600 on bremen get in there!!!

nice pick i did the same £100 treble & had £600 on bremen benfica game was awful lucky with that one
Hardly. Benfica controlled the game and hit the woodwork twice. Real were lucky tonight, even if the scoreline doesn't suggest it.

Hardly. Benfica controlled the game and hit the woodwork twice. Real were lucky tonight, even if the scoreline doesn't suggest it.
real missed a pen at 2-2 van nistelrooy skyed the thing! then cassias made imo the best save i have ever seen to keep it at 3-2 did u see it? i know benfica controlled the game but i though it would be one of them games were nothing was going right for them after hitting the post and bar but luckily they came good at the end

My picks for Wednesday: Besiktas-Liverpool: Besiktas has 2 losses in 2 games in the CL so far and we all know it is hard to win in Turkey but with Torres or no Torres I'm betting that Liverpool with "turn things around" tonight and win the game with more or less dificulty. My pick: away win O. Marseille-Porto: Marseille is at the top of their group with 6 points from 2 matches and have a few injured players. Coach Gerets said "the important thing tonight is not to loose". Porto's coach Jesualdo Ferreira also said that a "draw could be a good result" and it would be for Porto. I see a tight game (possibly 0-0 or 1-1) and a very likely draw: My pick: draw Chelsea-Schalke: I think Chelsea is the favourite as they're playing at home and are getting good results lately but I think the odds are far too low for their victory. Schalke is a good team and they haven't lost away from home yet this season in the Bundesliga. I expect a close game. My pick: away +1AH (Asian Handicap); Rosenborg-Valencia Rosenborg is not doing well this season (apart from the draw at Chelsea in the CL) an their form seems to be "shaky". Valencia is a very good team with lots of great players and options for every game situation. I see them wanting to bounce back from the home defeat against Chelsea and getting a win tonight. My pick: away -1 AH; R. Madrid-Olympiakos Real Madrid is the clear favourite but the odd is far too low on them to win, they have a few injured players and you never know what Olympiakos will do tonight (play poorly like they did against Lazio or play great like they did away against Bremen). One thing these teams have in common: they both scored at least one goal in their last 6 matches and they both don't seem very secure at the back, so I see the "over" as very likely. The odds for "over 2.5" are low IMO so I'll risk the >3. My pick: >3; W. Bremen-Lazio Tough one to call. Bremen sucks in the CL but are doing OK in the Bundeliga where they're 2nd in the table. Lazio are not doing so well in the home league but are playing well in the CL and were unfortunate not to beat Real Madrid in their last game. Lazio has a few injured players while Bremen sees several key players returning from injury and getting back into form. I see Lazio playing for the away tie, that would suit them just fine, and try to keep it a close game. My pick: draw AC Milan-Shakhtar We all know Milan is in a very poor form and they have only won 1 home game so far this season (2-1 against Benfica) in official competitions. Keeper Dida will not play and Kaka is doubtful for tonight. I was at the Benfica-Shakhtar game and I must say that Shakhtar impressed me very, very much (I knew from previous seasons that they're a good team but didn't expect as much). They have a good coach, many Brazilian quality players (I was amazed with Ilsinho, what a GREAT midfielder player!!!), they have a lot of team "chemistry" and they play almost with their "eyes closed" (you can tell that everybody in the team knows exactly what to do in every game situation). They are compact and fast in the counter attack with many players giving the guy holding possession of the ball several options... I was impressed. Of course that Milan can beat anybody on a regular day but I see them having a hard time tonight. My pick: away +1 AH; Benfica-Celtic Well, what Shaktar has (team "chemistry") Benfica seems to be lacking this season. Like I said yesterday, apart from a few injuries Benfica has many new players and they're still adapting. Benfica creates several chances every game but are having a hard time to score (in some games hitting the post a few times but the ball just doesn't seem to go in for some reason...). My experience tells me that, because they have the quality players to do it, one of these days they'll get an early goal and things will turn around for the better, with this comes more goals, victories, "momentum" and as a result increased team "chemistry" (its just the way it is). When this will happen nobody knows. Maybe tonight, maybe not... Celtic seem to me like a tough team to face at their ground but inexperienced and weak away from home at this level. I'm risking a Benfica win bet. My pick: home win; Good luck to all. Cheers. JC
I've had much better days (good thing is that, at least, Benfica won icon_cool.gif)... 1. lost (Liverpool looked pathetic at times, like in the 1st goal where they looked like the "3 stooges"...) 2. won 3. lost (I guess the Swedish ref had a big bet on Chelsea to win...that's the only reason I see for him to disallow a "good" goal to Schalke and also for not sending off the Chelsea defender when a German striker was fouled on his way to the goal...or maybe it is the "Officiating home bias syndrome"... assobio.gif) 4. lost 5. won 6. lost 7. lost 8. won Today is another day. Cheers. JC

Fancy A Shevchenko to score anytime tonight 2/1 @ Will Hills, he may not have performed as well in a Chelsea shirt as compared to his Ac Milan days but the man is a champion league scoring legend. He's scored 47 goals so far in his 90 CL games and i fully expect him to bag one tonight.
Comes on 88th min :@
yup and betfair will consider that as a valid bet ..:loon
William Hills voided the bet and refunded my stake :loon

Re: Champions League 23rd/24th October Just a follow up on the rules i didn't know. 4. ANYTIME SCORER a) Bets predicting players to score at any time in their match. b) Players must start the match for bets to be valid. Stakes will be refunded on any non- starters, whether or not they score.

P.S.) I must admit that I've seen dozens and dozens of live International games (both club and National teams competitions) and I've never seen anything as impressive as Celtic fans were last year at Benfica's "Estádio da Luz" (Stadium of Light). They were around 30.000 at the stadium, very friendly, and even when loosing 3-0 they never stopped cheering for their team. Amazing!
cheers mate :ok I had another good few days in lisbon this week like last year, friendly folk, good weather, good p1ss-up pity the result didnt match. best of luck for the remainder of the section :ok .