Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3

cozzy

I know this is early, but couldnt resist the early odds for Tuesdays and Wednesdays matches. Steaua Bucharest v Arsenal 4/6 Celtic v AC Milan 11/10 Lazio v Real Madrid 5/4 Rosenborg v Schalke 11/10 Away games in Champions League is always dodgey but just think the quality of these teams have what it takes to win. £30 gets £466

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 AC Milan are off form lately, think 2 points of last 3 games in the league and finding it hard to score goals. I wouldn't be so convinced that they would beat Celtic. Remember they didnt last season either so have either side massively changed?

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 OK, let's start anew with a comprehensive list of matches and odds;)

Tuesday 2 October 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
CSKA Moscow v Fenerbahçe (17:30 BST)2.023.454.35102%
Dynamo K v Sporting (19:45 BST)2.223.303.80102%
Inter v PSV (19:45 BST)1.444.609.75102%
Lyon v Rangers (19:45 BST)1.534.308.00101%
Manchester Utd v Roma (19:45 BST)1.743.705.90102%
Sevilla v Slavia Praha (19:45 BST)1.335.3013.50102%
Steaua v Arsenal (19:45 BST)5.703.601.71104%
Stuttgart v Barcelona (19:45 BST)5.503.751.80101%
Wednesday 3 October 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
Benfica v Shakhtar (19:45 BST)2.103.354.30101%
Besiktas v FC Porto (19:45 BST)2.553.302.92104%
Celtic v Milan (19:45 BST)3.753.402.20102%
Lazio v Real Madrid (19:45 BST)3.503.402.30102%
Liverpool v Marseille (19:45 BST)1.424.8010.00102%
Rosenborg v Schalke 04 (19:45 BST)3.553.352.30102%
Valencia v Chelsea (19:45 BST)2.303.253.75101%
Werder Bremen v Olympiakos (19:45 BST)1.534.208.80101%

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3

OK, let's start anew with a comprehensive list of matches and odds;)
Tuesday 2 October 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
CSKA Moscow v Fenerbahçe (17:30 BST)2.023.454.35102%
Dynamo K v Sporting (19:45 BST)2.223.303.80102%
Inter v PSV (19:45 BST)1.444.609.75102%
Lyon v Rangers (19:45 BST)1.534.308.00101%
Manchester Utd v Roma (19:45 BST)1.743.705.90102%
Sevilla v Slavia Praha (19:45 BST)1.335.3013.50102%
Steaua v Arsenal (19:45 BST)5.703.601.71104%
Stuttgart v Barcelona (19:45 BST)5.503.751.80101%
Wednesday 3 October 2007
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
Benfica v Shakhtar (19:45 BST)2.103.354.30101%
Besiktas v FC Porto (19:45 BST)2.553.302.92104%
Celtic v Milan (19:45 BST)3.753.402.20102%
Lazio v Real Madrid (19:45 BST)3.503.402.30102%
Liverpool v Marseille (19:45 BST)1.424.8010.00102%
Rosenborg v Schalke 04 (19:45 BST)3.553.352.30102%
Valencia v Chelsea (19:45 BST)2.303.253.75101%
Werder Bremen v Olympiakos (19:45 BST)1.534.208.80101%

I will do my game analysis closer to "game time" but I must say that I see some ridiculous prices here for a competition such as the Champions League. Stuttgart to beat Barcelona at home at 5.50??? Roma to beat MU away at 5.90??? Steaua to beat Arsenal at home at 5.70??? PSV to beat Inter Milan away at 9.75??? WOW!!! It just goes to show that all the "public money" is heavily being placed on the favourites...I just love it when that happens and hope these prices keep going up... Cheers.

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Sevilla - Slavia Prague Slavia - Vladimir Smicer and Mickael Tavares stay at home due to illness! Smicer is not such a blow, he is very experienced, has a big name and his personal presence has a good influence on the rest of the squad, but has not played full-time yet and even without him Slavia managed important victories... Tavares is a major blow for Slavia, he is one of the most important players in the midfield, excellent technique, passing, he assisted most of the goals and above all both goal against Ajax.... This is not good.... Also Drizdal stays injured... another player in form...

2.30 on Valenica looks good to me..strong at home..going well this season with only one defeat and 5 wins..Terry possibly out for Chelsea to add to their problems...
I agree, that price on Valencia surely looks tempting...

Sevilla - Slavia Prague Slavia - Vladimir Smicer and Mickael Tavares stay at home due to illness! Smicer is not such a blow, he is very experienced, has a big name and his personal presence has a good influence on the rest of the squad, but has not played full-time yet and even without him Slavia managed important victories... Tavares is a major blow for Slavia, he is one of the most important players in the midfield, excellent technique, passing, he assisted most of the goals and above all both goal against Ajax.... This is not good.... Also Drizdal stays injured... another player in form...
Nice insight on Slavia ScorpioRed. They will probably have a hard time away to Sevilla...

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Im not so sure shalke will have it easy in trondheim - Rosenburg drew at chelsea and are generally in good form, 5/2 for the home win is more appealling to me than 5/4 for the away. 2 that I liked are even money homes - cska moscow home to Fenerbache, turks arent the best travellers and Id be surprised to see a repeat of the fine performance in Istanbul against inter. The other is Benfica in our group home to shakhtar, the ukrainians dont travel too well, Benfica ran milan close in the opening match at the san siro and are a good strong team at home.

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 The fact that Sevilla had three successive losses in the home league and got thrashed in London in the meantime means I wouldn't back them at these odds. Not saying they can't win, but wouldn't touch that 1.33 (and likely to shorten because of Joe Punters' money) in a competition like CL, especially given the circumstances;)

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 I had a big laugh when I saw price on Sevilla. Spanish team odd are really shitty and i wont touch this game at all. On the other side, i fancy Lyon, Manchester United and Arsenal to win so my treble for tomorrow will be Steaua - Arsenal 2 Lyon - Rangers 1 Man.Utd - Roma 1 I think Arsenal is fairly priced in this game and will take them to win. With very good domestic record (1st in premiership) and some very talented players in Fabregas, Adebayor, Van persie etc. I think Arsenal just have too much quality for Steaua. I give Arsenal about 60% chance to win and this is my weakest bet for tomorrow. Lyon for me is a very good home team and will try to prove themselves in CL couse in Le Championat they are doing pretty bad. The visitors, Rangers, managed to win on their home ground in glasgow but I rate them as typical home team (almost as Celtic) and they will not look to take much from this game especially considering that Lyon is desperate to win here. So, home win with large stakes here. And my favourite team Man.Utd is playing with Roma in front of their loud support at theatre of dreams. Im confident in Red Devils win here couse in players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, and old school Scholes, Giggs , Ferdinand, Manchester finally have a competitive team to challenge for CL winners this year. Roma on the other side, got trashed by Inter in Serie A so their moral will probably be very low, plus the fact that Roma lost on Old Trafford last year 7:1 , i thin Roma will be frightened ! Home win with medium stakes. Anyway, GL to you all with CL

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 but i heard kanute was injured .i dont know he will be ready for cl match. again sevilla lost at home to espanyol and zaragoza in away, 2 strait loss. may be there had a team crisis. better take a time to bet. may be i am wrong.

EventLyon - Rangers
SelectionLyon
Strength10/10
Date02/10/2007
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningChampions League, Tuesday 02 Oct 2007 - 19:45 I know I am taking a risk opposing anything Scottish when it comes to France but Scottish club sides are not the best travellers in Euro Cup competitions. For sure, Rangers did well to come from behind and beat Stuttgart whilst Lyon helped kick Barca's season into gear. I don't really rate Perrin as a boss but Lyon are a good side, for all that he has said that 'rangers are not the underdogs', if they want to progress then they really should win this game.
Be Lucky

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 STEAUA BUCHAREST-ARSENAL Arsenal have got of to a flying start this season, and had no bigger problems winning 3-0 against Sevilla. Quite some missings in the team, but Hleb is expected to be able to play and that is a boost for them. Arsenal usually do find it difficult playing teams such as Steaua, but this Arsenal team have grown so much this season. However I belive they would be happy to get a point from this game, and won't be going out all attacking. Odds for Arsenal win around 1.60-1.70 isn't high enough for me to take, this smells draw or possibly a 1-0 away win. Score prediction: 0-1 Pick 1: Under 2.5 goals - 1,80 @ Unibet (3/10) STUTTGART-BARCELONA Bit low odds for away win, but I think Barca will have a good chance to get away with the 3 points here. But I expect Stuttgart to come forward infront of their fans. Barcelona have plenty of quality in attack and could score a couple of goals here, and I do belive Stuttgart have enough quality, plus home ground, to put away at least one goal themselves. I think we could see a few goals in this game. Score prediction: 1-2 Pick 1: Over 2.5 goals - 1,82 @ Expekt (2/10) Will only be taking these two bets. Odds are silly for Inter, United and Sevilla. Roma is better this year, and although United are starting to come back to their best, they still lack goals imho and Roma could very well get a point here. Sevilla should win, but 1.25?! Inter should have enough to beat PSV at home, but 1.40 is too low. Was thinking of backing Lyon on -1AH but 1.82 is a little too low as well.

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 It's 1% chances to win Steaua tomorrow night. I'm from Romania, big fan of Steaua but, in this moment, is impossible to beat Arsenal. I think even a draw is impossible. After Hagi resign his contract with Steaua, the red-blue's have big trouble. Think that we have only 6 goals in 8 matches in our intern competition.This is the probably team for tomorrow night for Steaua : Zapata - Petre Marin, Emeghara, Baciu, Rada - Ovidiu Petre, Dica, Neaga, Nicolita - Iacob, Badea

STEAUA BUCHAREST-ARSENAL Arsenal have got of to a flying start this season, and had no bigger problems winning 3-0 against Sevilla. Quite some missings in the team, but Hleb is expected to be able to play and that is a boost for them. Arsenal usually do find it difficult playing teams such as Steaua, but this Arsenal team have grown so much this season. However I belive they would be happy to get a point from this game, and won't be going out all attacking. Odds for Arsenal win around 1.60-1.70 isn't high enough for me to take, this smells draw or possibly a 1-0 away win. Score prediction: 0-1 Pick 1: Under 2.5 goals - 1,80 @ Unibet (3/10)
Too add on to this. There was info going around that Hleb was gonna be able to play the game tomorrow. But it turns out he will have a late fitness test. He is in the squad, but it is uncertain if he will be able to play. The same goes for Diaby and Flamini. Gallas, Eduardo, Song, Rosicky, Lehmann is injured.

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Saber what do you think about Inter - PSV UNDER 2.5 ( I saw that you said you wouldn't touch Inter), CSKA - Fenerbahce UNDER 2.5, I agree with Arsenal and Sevilla should be to much for Slavia (I saw the game with Zaragoza and they had a lot of chances but they were unlucky)

Saber what do you think about Inter - PSV UNDER 2.5 ( I saw that you said you wouldn't touch Inter)' date=' CSKA - Fenerbahce UNDER 2.5, I agree with Arsenal and Sevilla should be to much for Slavia (I saw the game with Zaragoza and they had a lot of chances but they were unlucky)[/quote'] Think there is a pretty good chance for the under between Inter-PSV. Inter have the quality to score, but I think PSV will be looking to keep things tight and fight for a point. Not sure about CSKA though, they aren't as good as earlier seasons it seems, Fener apparently played really well against Inter in last round but things are always difficult (plus artificial grass) at CSKA, so unders could be, but I can't say with any confidence there as I have very limited knowledge of the two teams. :)

Think there is a pretty good chance for the under between Inter-PSV. Inter have the quality to score' date=' but I think PSV will be looking to keep things tight and fight for a point. Not sure about CSKA though, they aren't as good as earlier seasons it seems, Fener apparently played really well against Inter in last round but things are always difficult (plus artificial grass) at CSKA, so unders could be, but I can't say with any confidence there as I have very limited knowledge of the two teams. :)[/quote'] ;) many thanks

Werder Bremen -Olympiakos Bremen had a bad period and reason was injured players. But stil Bremen lost just 1-2 in Spain against Real Madrid, Real wich have 5 wins and just one draw in Spanish league..Also werder have 4-2-2 in german bundesliga wich is not so bad result knowing that Werder had/have a lot of injured players.. But what about Olympiacos?? They made at home just 1-1 at home against Lazio wich have just one win in Seria A.. Also Olympiacos have 1-2-0 in their not so storng league.. Conclusion: Olympiacos will not score here coz they are not able to do that coz their tactic here will be defending for one point..Werder scored against Real, Werder scored 8 against Bielfeld..So my predictions here are 2-0 or 3-0 for Werder Bremen
on the two last league matches played at home Weder took the lead on the first half 4-1 against Stuttgart and beat Bielefled 8-1, so if the guests can score at least one goal this game will propably end with 4 goals or more. I don't know what are the odds for a 4+ but I believe it should be worth trying.

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 2nd round of CL this week with quite a few favourites offered at short odds. Sure, the chances of the favourites winning are realistic, but at this level of play one should be cautious in taking short odds with high stakes. Things can happen... All of my picks come from Wednesday's matches: Celtic - AC Milan Pick: Draw @ 3.25 (Bet365) 5/10 The two teams have played 4 times over the last two years in the CL and 3 matches have ended in 0-0 draws. Milan has played to 4 draws in 6 games in Serie A and have shown themselves to be problematic in scoring. Celtic lost convincingly against Sahtar without scoring and haven't proven to be any better than last year and might be judged as worse. I don't see the match moving away from a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. Rosenborg - Schalke Pick: Draw @ 3.40 (Bet365) 5/10 Schalke probably has more quality in its squad and plays in a more competitive league. Schalke has played to 4 draws in the Bundesliga (the most in the league) and lost 0-1 in a tight game against Valencia in the first round. Rosenborg played to a 1-1 draw against Chelsea and I think they will be careful against the German team knowing full well that too much risk will open them up to a disaster against a team like Schalke who can score when given the chance. The draw is likely and won't be a terrible result for either team at this stage. Valencia - Chelsea Pick: Valencia Win @ 2.25 (Coral) 10/10 Valencia are in great form and Chelsea is in poor form and still feeling the effects of the Mourinho situation. Valencia also feels the need to pay back Chelsea for their 1-2 loss in last year's CL and disqualification. They find Chelsea at their weakest and this time will use their sound home field advantage to get the win. Besiktas - Porto Pick: Porto Win @ 2.87 (Stan James) 8/10 Porto is 6/6 in Portugal's league and playing good football. Besiktas just lost a tough derby match against Galata and has shown difficulty, at times, in scoring. I rate Portugese football clearly superior to Turkish football. Porto has more class and should win this game, albeit with a tight score of 0-1 or 1-2. Lazio - Real Pick: Real Win @ 2.25 (Betfred) 10/10 Lazio is an ok team, but nothing special. In six games they have played to 4 draws in the Campionato often against teams they should have won against. Real has played well in the Primera Division and have shown to be sound in their defense with one of the best offenses in the league. Overall, they have more class in their roster and should defeat an average (for the CL) Lazio team.