** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3

cozzy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3

I will do my game analysis closer to "game time" but I must say that I see some ridiculous prices here for a competition such as the Champions League. Stuttgart to beat Barcelona at home at 5.50??? Roma to beat MU away at 5.90??? Steaua to beat Arsenal at home at 5.70??? PSV to beat Inter Milan away at 9.75??? WOW!!!
I was thinking the same as well, that said Stuttgart are apparently strugling a bit, Roma got tonked 4-1 at the weekend (by Inter), but yeah, those prices do look a bit long.

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Barcelona -1 (EH) Barcelona are coming into a bit of form at the right time and see the return of Ronaldinho to bolster an even more impressive forward line. Stuttgart have had a poor start to the season and have several injury concerns. Can' see them being able to stop Barca scoring at least a couple Arsenal -1 (EH) Steau Bucharest are in disarray with various injuries and turmoil within the coacing ranks. Arsenal will come in bouyant mood after their start to the EPL and the free flowing football should cause the Romanians plenty of problems. I can see at least a two goal victory

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Sevilla - Slavia P. I rate Slavia Prague one of the weakest teams in this year’s Champions League. Sevilla had tough period lately and after the tragedy with their player, they are having hard times to get back on the tracks from last seasons. Despite the four losses in a row, from Arsenal, Barcelona, Espanyol and Zaragoza (but they did not played bad on their last two matches, despite the losses), I think that they are having good team and that they will bounce back tonight. Slavia Prague is enjoying their season so far. After the qualifications for the group stage in the Champions league, they collected 5 wins in a row in their domestic championship in their first 5 matches, but after that, they battle of the two fronts brought some not so good results, draw with Ostrava and loss from Bohemians. They managed to beat Steaua in the first round and their real goal is to secure the third place and to have European spring. Sevilla will take the control of the match since the beginning and they are more than capable of beating average Slavia’s side. Sevilla has no important injury or suspension worries and Slavia will be without two important players, Smicer and Tavares. I think that Sevilla will gear up and will beat Slavia without big problem Pick: Sevilla (-1.5) --> odds: 1.85 @ Bet365 --> Stake: 9u

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Stuttgart - Barcelona Barcelona started to play their style of football that they played two seasons ago. They are playing of the best footballs in the world at the moment. Leo Messi is the new Ronaldinho and reminds a lot on Ronaldinho 2-3 seasons ago. He is true leader of the team in the attack and Barcelona’s attacks looks unstoppable at the moment. They scored 13 goals in their last 4 matches, three in La Liga and one in Champiosn league against Lyon. Stuttgart seems that they are losing the tempo battling on two fields and the lack of dept in their squad is the main reason of that. Although it seems that they are doing well in front of their home fans, they still have not played against any stronger team (expect of 2:2 against Schalke on the beginning of the season) The Stuttgart fans are not optimists about this match at all. They are aware of their weaknesses in the defensive part and playing against Barcelona who is putting constant pressure to the opponent’s goal, it will be very hard for the team to take a point from this match. Barcelona will be without Toure, important part of the team so far this season. Ronaldinho is back and he will be keen to prove that he is still a world class player after the critics that were placed towards him lately. I think that Barcelona will dominate the whole match and very probable they will leave Stuttgart with the three points. Pick: Barcelona --> Odds: 1.73 @ Ladbrokes --> Stake: 7u

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Arsenal with a lot injuries: Rosicky,Lehmann,Diaby,Eduardo,Song,Gallas. questionable: Hleb and Flamini It´s not an easy going versus eastern european teams on their court. Bucharesti didn´t lose a meeting with english clubs in their history. for me it´s a nobet. But good luck blackcrow :ok

Treble bet 3 home wins... Lyon v Rangers Liverpool v Marseille Valencia v Chelsea £50 stake with coral gets you back; £230
Hi and :welcome to Pl please provide a reason for your selections even if its a little write up :ok

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Well a new stage in CL tonight. Sevilla is in a current of bad results in these four last matches, but also it is necessary to say that as far as a the game has not been thus, have been playing more or less as until now (less in the party of the Barça, where they defended and they put back.) but against Zaragoza and Arsenal it was not thus. The team tried to practice its style of game but found in London against a Super Arsenal that is that it leaves; and against the Zaragoza it had infinity of occasions to do a goal but it didn't have aim. Against the Slavia of the Prague it has to be different, we have to recognize that by much motivation that has the Czechs, this is Seville and in its stage with the liking behind (there will be no plenty.) and with the motivation of being the first match of CL in Sanchez Pizjuán. I see Sevilla winning by more of a goal and for that reason I go with the following thing. Sevilla (-1.5 AH) @1.925 Bet365

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Stuttgart - Barca I agree with you zozo. Barca welcome back Ronaldinho and that´s the most important message for me. Stuttgart lost away versus Bundesliga climber Rostock 1-2. They had a not good season start and I think that Barca should not be the opponent where they come back on track. Stuttgarts new playmaker Bastürk isn´t fit enough, "the hammer" Hitzelsberger is injured. Barca have enough quality players to beat the german champion. But I think Mario Gomez will strike one goal and I´ll take the over 2.5 goals. over 2.5 goals Lyon - Glasgow Watched the Rangers versus Stuttgart, the best player of Glasgow was the frenchman Dacheville. But he´s more than questionable for this match. He injured versus Motherwell last weekend and have to pass a late fitness test. Coach smith said that he has to consider if the risk is too high to lose Darcheville a lot of weeks he shouldn´t play versus Lyon. Lyon at home should be better than the Rangers. No structure and no pressing versus Stuttgart in the first game. They had more luck and a better end than Stuttgart. Lyon to win ManU - Roma I can´t understand the odds here. ManU with around 1.6-1.7 for a home win. They miss van der Saar and Kuszczak will debut in the ManU goal at Old Trafford. In defense they miss Vidic and Brown. They had a good season start and was on the top of Serie A but lost the top match last weekend 4-1 versus Internationale. They aren´t bad and 1.65 (bwin) are too low for me. The italians are high motivated to show that they´re better than the last result. A sensational ManU and an excellent Ronaldo beat the south europeans 7-1 in April 07. nobet for me

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 My picks for today: Lyon-G. Rangers IMO Lyon is not in very good shape this year despite being 3-1-0 at home in the French League. I have some doubts about coach Alain Perrin ability. Rangers are 1-2-0 in the Scottish League so far this season when playing away. Last year in the Champions League Lyon at home drew to Steaua 1-1 and beat D. Kiev 1-0 and Real Madrid 2-0. Last year in the UEFA Cup Rangers away from home drew 2-2 at Auxerre, won 2-3 at Livorno (Italy) and lost to Osasuna 1-0 and to Hapoel 2-1. I think Rangers will be playing for the draw and they might get it. At least I don't see them loosing by a big margin tonight. My pick: away +1 AH (Asian Handicap) Stuttgart-Barcelona Well, everybody seems to be blindly betting on Barcelona to win tonight. No so fast IMO. Stuttgart are a very good team at home where they haven't lost in the Bundesliga for about a year now and have some very good players in their team like Portuguese International Fernando Meira or striker Mario Gomez just to name a few. I've watched Barcelona in their last 4 games and they didn't impress me even though they won those games. They're winning through individual effort/ability and not because they're playing well as a team and that doesn't always work. Barcelona will be without Touré, Zambrota and Milito tonight which might be a headache for their defense. Last year in the Champions League Barcelona won away to Levsky 0-2, lost to Chelsea 1-0 and drew at Werder Bremen 1-1. I think we're very likely to see another draw here tonight and I don't see them crushing Stuttgart as the odds might suggest. My picks: draw, home +0.5AH and +1 AH (Asian Handicap) D. Kiev-Sporting Dinamo is not doing so well in their league and lost at home to the team which is at the bottom of the table in their last match. Supporters do not believe in the team at the moment and that shows as the stadium seats around 80,000 people and only 15,000 are expected today for a CL match. Still, it was a long trip for Sporting and Dinamo is always dangerous at home. Sporting has a 1-1-1 away record in the Portuguese league so far but they've already played away to both Porto and Benfica. They also have 5 "unders" in their last 6 games (all competitions). Last year in the CL and at home Dinamo drew 2-2 with Real Madrid and lost 0-3 to Lyon and 1-4 to Steaua. Last year in the CL and away Sporting lost to Inter Milan 1-0 and drew 0-0 at Bayern and 1-1 at Spartak Moskow. Sporting is usually hard to score against these days and I see them playing to get a draw in this game (coach Paulo Bento already said "they cannot loose" and it is important for them to at least get a draw) but on the lookout for a win through a counter attack, free kick or something similar... My picks: draw, away PK and away +0.5AH Man. United-Roma Another game where I think most people are thinking about last years' result and underestimating Roma. Roma lost Chivu from last season but they've hired Juan, Cicinho (both Brazilian Internationals) and Ludovic Giuly from Barcelona and they have Totti, Perrotta, Mancini among others. They are a great team, make no mistake and last year they just had a bad day. M. United seems to have found a way of getting narrow victories these days as they've been winning but have 6 "unders" in their last 6 games. Playing at home, I see M. United as a favourite in this game but I don't see them crushing Roma again and wouldn't be surprised if the Italians pull a good result tonight. My pick: away +1AH (Asian Handicap) CSKA Moskow-Fenerbahce CSKA has a not very impressive 9-11-5 home record in the Russian League so far . Fenerbahce also has a not very impressive 0-2-1 away record in the Turkish League so far. CSKA sees Brazilian International playmaker Daniel Carvalho return from an injury absence and if he plays that is surely a boost for the team. Russian teams are always hard to beat at home and it is shown by CSKA's results in the CL last year: lost to Porto 0-2 but they beat both Arsenal and Hamburg 1-0. This is also a must win for CSKA while Fenerbahce would be happy with a draw. Turkish teams usually struggle away from home and last year Fenerbahce lost away to Celta Vigo and Newcastle both 1-0. Fenerbahce has some quality in the team but I don't see them getting a good result tonight. My pick: home -0.5AH (Asian Handicap) Inter Milan-PSV Again, odds might suggest this is going to be a "walk in the park" for the favourite and I don't expect it to be like that. Inter is in a "shaky" form and this is a "must win" game for them. They will be without Materazzi, Vieira (both injured), Cordoba, Maicon and Burdisso (all suspended) which might mena some headaches at the defensive end. PSV will be without Portuguese International Central defender Manuel da Costa and he's expected to be replaced by Brazilian Alcides (an experienced player coach Koeman knows very well from his coaching times at Benfica). Last year in the CL, PSV lost away to Liverpool 2-0 but won at Galatasary 1-2 and Bordeaux 0-1. Koeman will have his team playing hard defense and looking for the counter attack and I expect them to give Inter a hard time. My picks: away win (worth a smaller bet as one of the bookies I use has the ridiculous price of 10.50!!!) and away +1AH and +1.5AH (Asian Handicap) Sevilla-Slavia P. Sevilla is by far the best team but they've lost their last 4 games and that's never good for a team morale no matter what. Slavia has an impressive 5-1-1 away record in their last 7 games including a 0-1 away win to Holland's Ajax. Sevilla surely is the favourite for tonight and I won't be surprised if they "get back on track" but I think the odds for this game are, again, ridiculous. My pick: away +1.5AH (Asian Handicap) Steaua-Arsenal Many injuries on both sides, Steaua is not doing so well lately and Arsenal is playing very well with 6 wins in their last 6 games scoring 17 goals and allowing only 2. Impressive, no doubt. But I've seen Arsenal playing away in the CL and sometimes they seem somehow pleased with the draw. Last year in the CL Arsenal drew 0-0 at Porto, lost 1-0 at CSKA Moskow and won 1-2 in Hamburg. I see them as favourites for tonight but I think Steaua will put out a fight (coach Massimo Pedrazzini has called on his FC Steaua players to "put their hearts and souls" on tonight's game). My pick: home +1AH (Asian Handicap) Good luck

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 What's happening with CSKA? How they playing? Backed them to win @ 2.18 but sadly that's falling through right now. :-( Just thought that CSKA were usually good at home in Europe.

I had a big laugh when I saw price on Sevilla. Spanish team odd are really shitty and i wont touch this game at all. On the other side, i fancy Lyon, Manchester United and Arsenal to win so my treble for tomorrow will be Steaua - Arsenal 2 Lyon - Rangers 1 Man.Utd - Roma 1 I think Arsenal is fairly priced in this game and will take them to win. With very good domestic record (1st in premiership) and some very talented players in Fabregas, Adebayor, Van persie etc. I think Arsenal just have too much quality for Steaua. I give Arsenal about 60% chance to win and this is my weakest bet for tomorrow. Lyon for me is a very good home team and will try to prove themselves in CL couse in Le Championat they are doing pretty bad. The visitors, Rangers, managed to win on their home ground in glasgow but I rate them as typical home team (almost as Celtic) and they will not look to take much from this game especially considering that Lyon is desperate to win here. So, home win with large stakes here. And my favourite team Man.Utd is playing with Roma in front of their loud support at theatre of dreams. Im confident in Red Devils win here couse in players like Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, and old school Scholes, Giggs , Ferdinand, Manchester finally have a competitive team to challenge for CL winners this year. Roma on the other side, got trashed by Inter in Serie A so their moral will probably be very low, plus the fact that Roma lost on Old Trafford last year 7:1 , i thin Roma will be frightened ! Home win with medium stakes. Anyway, GL to you all with CL
:ok Agree 100 % with your selections, and your reasoning, just the double for me as I only back HOMES, so Man U and Lyon all the way pays approximately 7-4 and I can't see past this!!

This night Steaua will play with 4 striker' date=' Surdu, Neaga, Dica and Badea. Probably at Arsenal Van Perise didn't play. Be carefull. Anyway, I think Arsenal win this night, but is possible an over 2.5.[/quote'] Almunia - Eboue, Senderos, Toure, Clichy - Sagna, Hleb, Flamini, Fabregas - Adebayor, Van Persie This is Arsenal's lineup in tonights game according to prosport.ro.

I have 2 matches Sevilla at home - really good value with this injuries in Slavia . Rosenborg - Schalke - pick:2 the main reason is that rosenborg take the point from Chelsea and that was the bookies match and they will fall to schake .
Slavia is wining and I haven't heared about key players having injuries ?? Where did you read this?

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Man Utd

• 29 Kuszczak
  • 22 O'Shea
  • 15 Vidic
  • 05 Ferdinand
  • 03 Evra
  • 07 Ronaldo
  • 16 Carrick
  • 18 Scholes
  • 17 Nani
  • 09 Saha
  • 10 Rooney
Substitutes
  • 38 Heaton,
  • 08 Anderson,
  • 11 Giggs,
  • 19 Pique,
  • 25 Simpson,
  • 32 Tevez,
  • 33 Eagles

Roma

• 01 Curci
  • 03 Cicinho
  • 05 Mexes
  • 04 Juan
  • 22 Tonetto
  • 16 De Rossi
  • 08 Aquilani
  • 14 Giuly
  • 20 Perrotta
  • 30 Mancini
  • 10 Totti
Substitutes
  • 27 Bertagnoli,
  • 07 Pizarro,
  • 09 Vucinic,
  • 15 Antunes,
  • 18 Esposito,
  • 29 Barusso,
  • 33 Brighi

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 think man u will win tonight, their due a performance, if Ronaldo starts running at them again they will be in trouble. pick 1 Man United to Win @ 8/11 pick 2 MU win 2-0 @ 9.0 pick 3 MU win 3-0 @ 17.0 pick 4 Arsenal/Lyon/MU treble pays 40.00 for a 10pt stake. got a feeling rangers might get a draw in France. Hope im wrong.

I'm going to buck the trend here and take Rangers +1 @7/4 with Sporting Bet. Lyon despite not being at their best are a much better side than Rangers which I doubt few would disagree with. This game though suits Rangers more than it suits Lyon. Perrin is under pressure to get all 3 points as anything less even this early would be disasterous. The pressure is off Rangers but more importantly for them they set up better in their 4-5-1 defending a game rather than being expected to win it. Lyon will find it very hard in midfield against 5 men with Hemdani sweeping up behind Thomson and Ferguson and protecting the defence. If Rangers come out top there then Lyon will find it very hard to be creative. The wide Rangers midfield players will double of on with the full backs and make it very hard for the Lyon wide players to produce. In all Rangers will have everyone behind the ball congesting space and frustrating Lyon. For this reason I don't think it's as straight forward a win for Lyon as everyone suspects. At 7/4 I'm willing to take a small stakes gamble on Rangers not losing the game. I might also through in unders and a +2 handicap at larger stakes.
That was easy. :D

yeh I cant beleive what happened at Gerland tonight :eek:eek:eek:eek Lyon 0-3 an impossible result to me that somehow happened, Gers just took all their chances sadly. Unexplainable scoreline :loon
Yeah, nobody thought that will happened... Every round some underdog wins, so with that logic tomorrow Olympiakos or Marseille should win? I know it's impossible, but who knows...

Re: Champions League Oct 2 - Oct 3 Wow some great betting there......just wish i had put my money where my mouth was and backed sporting lisbon @ 12/5 crazy crazy odds probably wont get a better chance to make easy cash like that again...Kiev had injury problems and terrible form. DAMN I AM A FOOL!!!!! ;-( Anyone else feeling dissapointed by tonight???