Daily Naps ~ Saturday

Re: Daily Naps ~ Saturday 3.15 Macarthur (nap) 2pts WIN Doesn't look the strongest leger of all time but it promises to be a fascinating contest. Honolulu 2nd in the Ebor and now fav for today's group 1 at least with the fav we know the trip isn't a problem but I can' be backing a horse that was 2nd in a handicap at 5/2 for a classic. Even though it is Aidans first string. Mahler won easy enough at Royal Ascot over 2 miles (had veracity in 2nd) after that was fav for the leger for a bit until his last run when flopping but the trip was totally wrong back up in trip today and fast ground will be spot on should run a huge race with Mick Kinane on board hard to see out of the placings. Lucarno won the great voltiguer trial last month and had Acapulco, Macarthur and Mahler held behind him but pedigree doesn't show much stamina and has had a long hard season this could be one race to many. Regal Flush another horse coming from handicapping in form trainer and top jockey and we know he stays as he won last Saturday but huge step up in class will have to improve a lot more. Samuel interesting contender still a maiden this actually went in the notebook when 3rd at Newmarket ran on really well. Got ridden to sleep a couple week back in a listed race but does stay and could go well as the big outsider def up on the shortlist. Macarthur ran a blinder 3rd behind Lucarno lto that was his 1st run back after a 3 months layoff stayed on very nicely that day and you would expect that these even more improvement to come. Ballydoyle always talked this horse up at the beginning of the season and I think this is the one to upset the fav Soumillon takes the ride I just hope he keeps him covered up and produces him at the right time. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Aidan had another 123 in a group 1 you could even have a small bet on the tri cast.

Re: Daily Naps ~ Saturday some interesting trends for the ledger 10/10 WERE COLTS 10/10 STARTED LESS THAN 7/1 10/10 WERE PLACED IN 2 OF LAST 3 RUNS 10/10 WERE PLACED LAST TIME OUT 9/10 HAD AT LEAST 4 RUNS IN THE SEASON THEY WON 9/10 HAD A SINGLE FIGURE DRAW 8/10 HAD WON AT LEAST 1 OF LAST 4 RUNS 8/10 HAD A RACEFORM RATING OF 130 OR HIGHER,............ so honolulu for me 10pts win

Re: Daily Naps ~ Saturday Don 3.15 I hate to jump on the bandwaggon but surely the value in this race is Macarthur 1pt e.w and at around 7/1 as it is now it is e.w value too. Honolulu is no price whatsoever and looks to be a bit tricky. I expect Marcarthur needed the run most in the York race LTO and looks the stayer from that race. I am not even convinced Lucarno truly stays 12f. Mahler and Veracity look to want even further and Regal Flush has outside clamis but must improve. Macarthur at 7/1 could be an e.w steal.

Re: Daily Naps ~ Saturday Raincoat 3.15 Doncaster 1pt ew Raincoat got to within 4 lengths of Authorized in the Dante and always looked like it would get better over further. Another that looks like it needs to improve but also could be better than the bare form. Has won on good to firm and was only a neck and 3/4 to Yellowstone in a 1m4f race.

Re: Daily Naps ~ Saturday 3.15 ST LEGER 2pt win nap Aiden O'brien will not hear of defeat for HONOLULU tomorrow & the current 9/4 available looks big. O'Brien has won this 3 times in the last 6 years. He has 4 of the 10 runners in the race. Runner up in the ebor to the handicap snip Purple moon, my selection ran really well that day having to give 10lb away to its older rival. Great race for favs also with 8 of last 10 all winning. Lucarno has the derby form but has something to prove over this longer distance.

Re: Daily Naps ~ Saturday

SportHorse Racing
Event3.15 Doncaster
SelectionHonolulu
Strength8/10
Date15/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ SP (Back)
ReasoningAiden O Briens record in the St LEger is there for all to see and I think he will take it again today. His most fancied runner is Jonny Murtagh's mount Honolulu. His form cant really be disputed as he ran really nicely off of top weight in the ebor against older horses. That was very impressive for a 3 year old. I think he will be back at home amongst his own age group and should go close. The distance wont be a worry as he was staying on well in the Ebor.
2pt WIN PLEASE