** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Goodwood 25/08/07

Re: Goodwood 25/08/07

20070803Gwo141506.png Hard Top 2.05 Goodwood

The last seven winners of this race have all carried 9-7 or less, Old Sniffy's raider hasn't really lived up to his expectations since winning at York back in 2005. Less than 4l's behind the awesome Purple Moon he can get back to winning ways. 20070803Gwo141509.png Blue Ksar 3.10 Goodwood Blue Ksar can add to Godolphins good record in this race having won most recently with Caradak last year. Although he's won over 1m2f he shows plenty of speed and connections are happy with him over a mile. The 4year old hasn't been out of the first 2 in his last 6 runs

Re: Goodwood 25/08/07 2.05 Samuel Went into the notebook lto when 3rd over 1 mile 5 at Newmarket. This step up another furlong looks perfect. Here is a note from rp from last race "He travelled well in the rear but the pace quickened as he was pulled out to make his challenge and it was only in the last 100yds that he made inroads to snatch an unlikely second." Ground is not a problem. A top class jockey riding. Gets weight all round and will improve even more today from that last run. I'd be very surprised if Samuel doesn't brake his maiden today.

Re: Goodwood 25/08/07 2.35 Mistress Greeley I was told earlier on in the week that this filly was burning up the gallops at Newmarket and looking at the market this has to a maximum EW bet. Looking at her last race she did all her good work late on when falling out the stalls and running past the field at the death. This horse is entered in all top races and i think the favourite might just get caught out for speed on what is a pretty sharp track.

Re: Goodwood 25/08/07 2.35 Goodwood - Whatever happens in this race I think it will be a cracker and will throw up a few really smart types worth following. I think the race is all about 4: Sense Of Joy - Could hardly have been a more impressive winning debut. Won by 5l despite the obvious greenness. I personally don't think she beat too much that day however, and looks like a bit further will suit her eventually. The one to beat, but vulnerable at these odds. Roslaeen - As with all Brian Meehan 2 yo's better after a run, and so it proved. She pulled well clear when pressed by Ted Durcan LTO and won with plenty in hand. The form of that race has worked out well and if improving again will be a real threat to the favourite. Mistress Greeley - A Really cheeky win on debut, after falling out the stalls, looked incapable of winning, but after a couple of smacks from Kerrin Mcevoy began to pick up, and then eased past the field with something in hand. The step up to 7f will suit, and has any amount of potential. Dusty Moon - As follower of the AW, she entered my notebook after a most impressive win in a Lingfield Maiden. She was drawn badly, started poorly and looked a forlorn hope 2f out. A change of gear over the last furlong saw her overcome a wide run, and won comfortably in the end. Might surprise here. I see the finishing order as: 1. Rosaleen 2. Sense Of Joy 3. Mistress Greeley 4. Dusty Moon Dusty Moon and Mistress Greeley may be worth an EW punt, I'l try a reverse forecast with the front two. :hope

Re: Goodwood 25/08/07 M STOUTE'S record in the Celebration mile at GOODWOOD in exemplary with 5 from the last 10 winners coming from his stable. ECHELON is the stable entry and has R MOORE on board A decent EW bet to nothing methinks

Re: Goodwood 25/08/07 3.45 Goodwood 14 runners for this Class 3 handicap over 6f. Open looking event, going 5/1 the field, the 2 market leaders both from the Ron Harris stable but I think they may struggle to defy their current marks so I am on: Ajigolo (9/1 >Betfred) - Looks to be coming to hand judged on last weeks cracking effort in the Great St Wilfrid. This is much easier than that, and is eased 2lb in the handicap. This horse has been contesting Group / Listed races and Class 2 top handicaps so the fact it is dropped to Class 3 is a pointer for me. Good trainer / jockey combo here and race fit having only been off track for 7 days. Record at this trip is also very encouraging - 3 wins & 1 place from 11 efforts, as opposed to 1 wins & 2 places from 13 at other trips. Has conditions in its favour today, and with it showing a return to form, has a solid chance this afternoon.