Re: US OPEN tennis

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGranville - Sanchez
SelectionSanchez
Strength10/10
Date28/08/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningSanchez played some good tennis on hard lately.She won two challengers not so long ago and she has 14-1 record on hard in challengers and qualies.Granville is in crappy form for a while now and I see Sanchez as a favourite here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSela - Lapentti
SelectionSela
Strength10/10
Date28/08/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.56 (Back)
ReasoningOdds are droping for Sela as everyone are playing him to win this one.Sela played some good matches in qualies and Lapentti is just not great player on hard.He is barely even playing on this surface in last years.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGranville - Sanchez
SelectionSanchez
Strength10/10
Date28/08/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningSanchez played some good tennis on hard lately.She won two challengers not so long ago and she has 14-1 record on hard in challengers and qualies.Granville is in crappy form for a while now and I see Sanchez as a favourite here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventSela - Lapentti
SelectionSela
Strength10/10
Date28/08/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.56 (Back)
ReasoningOdds are droping for Sela as everyone are playing him to win this one.Sela played some good matches in qualies and Lapentti is just not great player on hard.He is barely even playing on this surface in last years.
Completely disagree with Granville, she has been playing reasonably well but just not getting the results. This big tournament is what she needs to get a win against a very very poor player in Sanchez.Granville all the way

Re: US OPEN tennis S Peer v M Tu Has anybody anymore info regarding the current health of Peer? I took these posts from another forum, if it's true about her being ill then surely Tu must be a big chance?

ruby0503 Fresh face Joined: 23 Jun 2007 Posts: 10 Location: israel
icon_minipost.gifPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 pm Post subject: icon_quote.gif

sahar peer has a serious injry but she will play anyway becuse she is to proud i dont think she is fit to play even a parctice she didnt make good value for tu..
icon_profile.gif icon_pm.gif '); //-->
spacer.gif
beU Senior member Joined: 18 Jun 2005 Posts: 131 Location: Gaza (near Israel)
icon_minipost.gifPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:22 am Post subject: icon_quote.gif

ruby0503 wrote:
sahar peer has a serious injry but she will play anyway becuse she is to proud i dont think she is fit to play even a parctice she didnt make good value for tu..
chest infection
spacer.gif
ruby0503 Fresh face Joined: 23 Jun 2007 Posts: 10 Location: israel
icon_minipost.gifPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:50 am Post subject: icon_quote.gif

yes my english is bad so i didint want to make a mistake she said it's hard for her to take air(breave?)i cant see her winning maybe retire..
spacer.gif
kolioop Senior member 2001903740140286334_rs.jpg Joined: 09 Aug 2006 Posts: 930 Location: 10 cm above earth
icon_minipost.gifPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 am Post subject: icon_quote.gif

ruby0503 wrote:
yes my english is bad so i didint want to make a mistake she said it's hard for her to take air(breave?)i cant see her winning maybe retire..
tu isnt in shape but if peer has such problems nice to try tu icon_wink.gif at first look pashek razzano and kirilenko are worth a triple bet icon_wink.gif
Anybody have more info? as Tu at 13/8 Paddypower must be worth a bet?

Strength 7/10 - Kristof Vliegen to beat Ivan Ljubicic - 4.00 @ Betfair :wall Ljubicic is a major choker and is someone who I am seriously considering putting on a list of people I will never side with. A major underachiever he has recently been in poor form and I think that he is going to drop out of the top 20 sooner or later. Here is particularly strange when it comes to Granslams and for a player of his caliber and talent here is his record: (Taken from Wikipedia.org)
Tournament199619971998199920002001200220032004200520062007Career SRCareer Win-Loss
Australian OpenAAAA1R1R3R1R2R2RQF1R0 / 88-8
French OpenAAAA1R1R1R3R2R1RSF3R0 / 810-8
WimbledonAAAA1R1R2R2R1R1R3R3R0 / 86-8
U.S. OpenAAA2R1R2R2R2R1R3R1R0 / 86-8
1 quarter and 1 semi in 21 attemptis pretty poor. He usually never makes it to the 2nd week of a slam and I am hoping this will continue by losing here against Vliegen. Vliegen is having a steady year but is slowly drifting the wrong way in the rankings. Ljubicic has lost to worst players and I think he will really have a shot here. Big Big value in this bet IMHO. H2H is 1:0 in favour of Ljubicic Strength 10/10 - Ivo Karlovic to beat Arnaud Clement - 1.75 @ Expekt :wall Ivo serve is great when he is in good form, if he can hit a good percentage of 1st serves in (75%-80%) then I think this will be a hard task for Clement. Ivo is hard to break and has been in some decent form in the run up to this event getting to the semis in both Washington (Beaten by Roddick) and New Haven (Beaten by Fish). In the 2 Master Series events he lost to Melzer in 2 breaker and to Federer. Clement's lead up to the tournament has been mediocre and has got to the 2nd round in each losing to good players. I think that everything will depend on Ivo's serve and if this doesn't fire then it will be a different match, but if it does, 3 tie breakers could decide this one. H2H is 2:2, 1:1 this year and Ivo has won there only encounter on hard courts.
Maybe I should keep my write ups short and sweet, 0/2 for long write ups and 4/5 for the shorter 1's so far. Full update in the morning when I hope to be celebrating some good tipping :hope. Well done cricket lover, I'm glad someone cashed in :sad, I am still licking my Baghdatis wounds:spank:cry

Re: US OPEN tennis I am not too sure Jonesy Knows, better to go with the advice of A-Team, because if Peer is having trouble breathing then she probably won't risk being out there too long and retire. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.:hope

Maybe I should keep my write ups short and sweet, 0/2 for long write ups and 4/5 for the shorter 1's so far. Full update in the morning when I hope to be celebrating some good tipping :hope. Well done cricket lover, I'm glad someone cashed in :sad, I am still licking my Baghdatis wounds:spank:cry
Keep at it mate your write ups are excellent, i always take a look coz u really know what your talking about! I cant believe he lost either :puke

Re: US OPEN tennis Hi guys, following picks for today and tomorrow: US OPEN MEN ISNER TO D DE VOEST @ 1.38 at Pinnacle US OPEN LADIES DUSHEVINA TO D BYCHKOVA @ 1.42 at Pinnacle Isner who defeated Nieminen in 1st round is a very talented young American player. Isner has great US summer with final in Washington and several good wins. Dushevina who was a top junior is yet to realize her potential but she is getting better steadily – she has been in a good form lately reaching finals in Stockholm and she holds a 3:0 H2H record (and 6:0 in sets) against an out-of-form Bychkova.

Re: US OPEN tennis Thanks cricket lover, Yesterday's tipping went ok (about 5/9) but I will try and look for a few more winners today and a bit more value. Will have a few today, posting one at a time due to crappy connection and not wanting a big long post to disappear as they so often do :sad

Suggested Bets The Dreaded BANKER!!! = Szavay:clap x Melzer :clapx Santoro:clap = Around 2.11 Del Potro :clapx Querry:wall x Melzer:clap x Szavay :clapx Santoro:clap = Around 3.78
  • Janko Tipsarevic vs Ryan Sweeting

Tipsaravic is a good player and proved this when he showed great fight and determination to defeat Gonzalez at Wimbledon. He also had some very good matches where he won in 5 sets (1st round and 2nd against Serra and Peya). He is definatly a player who can make the top 20 and should easily pull through against his American opponent. One thing which does concern me is the lack of Tennis Janko has played on hard since Wimbledon, only 1 match, wheras it looks as though Sweeting has played a few more matches on hard and might be better prepared. But, I see it being an easy victory for Tipsaravic, rather like Granville against Sanchez yesterday, Sweeting is playing in lower events and not making a real impressing on the main tournaments, so I think his build up will count for nothing. Suggested bets: Tipsaravic to beat Sweeting - 1.33 (William Hill) Tipsaravic 3-0 - 2.75 (Stan James)

• Frank Dancevic vs Marat Safin

This is probably the most fancied outsider to win in the 1st round. Dancevic is making good strides on the circuit and Safin is becoming very much a player who is struggling. Everyone is jumping on Dancevic and they have good reason to. His form has been impressive and he did well to make it to the final in Indianapolis (Losing to Tursunov) and did well in the Montreal Masters to make the quarters on home soil (Losing to Nadal). Safin’s form has not been disastrous, but he is looking as though his biggest battle will be with himself. He has been getting through the 1st few rounds on hard courts this season, but these have been against opponents he should be beating and he has not really done anything out of the ordinary of won a even match. H2H - 0:0 Suggested Bet: Dancevic to beat Safin - 2.35 (Expekt)

• John Isner vs Rik De Voest

Isner is becoming a sensation and a real revelation to all Tennis fans. His serve is amazing and was described by his previous opponent (Jarkko Niemienen) as the best that he had ever faced. He showed real potential when he got to the final of Washington and I think he can continue to promise here and get through to the third round. He will pepper De Voest with aces and should not be broken in the whole match. He will once again probably take a few tight sets on breaker, but should be strongly fancied here. De Voest is ranked 40 places higher than Isner, but I don’t think he stands a chance in this match, the home crowd will be right behind him and he should progress easily once again barring any nerves as he has not been in this sort of territory before. Suggested bet: John Isner to beat Rik De Voest - 1.36 (Befair)

Re: US OPEN tennis Carlos Moya vs. Bjorn Phau Carlos Moya has been consistent on hard courts in the past couple of months and should be caused minimal trouble here by Phau. Moya is a dark horse here in the US Open and I have hardly heard anyone give him a look. He is a dangerous player and not just a clay courted as he has shown many times in the past few years and in the past few months especially. He was most impressive in Cincinatti when he ousted newly crowned champion in Canada - Novak Djokovic in straight sets. There may be no value in backing him, but there should be some in the set betting and handicap fields. H2H is 2:0 to Moya (Both on hard courts) Suggested bet: Moya to beat Phau - 1.36 (Befair) Moya 3-0 - 1.90 (Stan James) Moya (-6.5) - 2.04 (Betfair)

Re: US OPEN tennis ^^^^^Correction on Moya's price - 1.13 @ Expekt. I was going to go for Henman to get a set or two off Tursunov, but I am optomistic and want to sit back and enjoy him hopefully do better :tongue2. Other good value bets:

• Robredo 3-0 (1.96) seems good. His opponent will not give him too much trouble. .
  • Sela (3.55) to beat Juan Monaco. Another long shot, but surley there is some value in this, I cannot find any handicap, so I have gone all out for a win for Dudi Sela. .
  • Szavay (1.71) has got another tough match, but I would expect her to carry on her recent form and take this match. Szavay is around 150-1 for the title :eek, considering she did so well last week in the warm up event I find this surprising.

Suggested bets for the day: The Banker: Isner x Tipsaravic x Moya @ around 2.04 :eek Long shot: Dancevic x Szavay x Robredo 3-0 x Moya 3-0 x Tipsaravic 3-0 @ around 41.15 :eek Make of the rest what you will, hopefully someone will find a winning combo. :hope all.

• Frank Dancevic vs Marat Safin

This is probably the most fancied outsider to win in the 1st round. Dancevic is making good strides on the circuit and Safin is becoming very much a player who is struggling. Everyone is jumping on Dancevic and they have good reason to. His form has been impressive and he did well to make it to the final in Indianapolis (Losing to Tursunov) and did well in the Montreal Masters to make the quarters on home soil (Losing to Nadal). Safin’s form has not been disastrous, but he is looking as though his biggest battle will be with himself. He has been getting through the 1st few rounds on hard courts this season, but these have been against opponents he should be beating and he has not really done anything out of the ordinary of won a even match. H2H - 0:0 Suggested Bet: Dancevic to beat Safin - 2.35 (Expekt)

Very much a youth over expierience tip and Safin seems to be ontop :unsure. As I said Safins has not been in too bad a form and seems to be holding up once again here with some good serving and clinically taking his chances. Still time left for Dancevic to fire up and find some form :hope UPDATE! Dancevic is out! booo, he failed to take numerous chances and forgot how to challenge?

In the end it didn't but he did well for a few sets.
Yeah, I personally think that is a good results for my tournament bet as he doesn't look right and I think he may be a good person to oppose next round (Vs Janko Tipsarevic, if he is injury free). I can't help thinking someone ranked a little bit higher than Jones may have knocked Nadal out in 3/4 sets?
I was going to go for Henman to get a set or two off Tursunov, but I am optomistic and want to sit back and enjoy him hopefully do better :tongue2.
:loon
Robredo 3-0 (1.96) Sela (3.55) (Today) Szavay (1.71) (Today) Isner x Tipsaravic x Moya @ around 2.04 Dancevic x Szavay x Robredo 3-0 x Moya 3-0 x Tipsaravic 3-0 @ around 41.15 Moya to beat Phau - 1.13 (Befair) Moya 3-0 - 1.90 (Stan James) Moya (-6.5) - 2.04 (Betfair) John Isner to beat Rik De Voest - 1.36 (Befair) Dancevic to beat Safin - 2.35 (Expekt) Tipsaravic to beat Sweeting - 1.33 (William Hill) Tipsaravic 3-0 - 2.75 (Stan James)
Full house on Moya yesterday, he played class and 2 bankers right in 2 days:nana. Isner didnt disappointed and is looking very good indeed, Tipsaravic (who I didn't know was injured) dropped the 1st set and then went on to take the next 3. Robredo seemed to have no problem against Reynold as he did the business in straight sets. Dancevic did disappioned. He forgot that he could use haweye I think :spank. He definatly should have used it and it probably would have won him the 3rd. He was also up a break in both the 2nd and 3rd.:wall

• Andy Murray vs Jonas Bjorkman

Murray started off the tournament with a good win over Cuevas and showed that his wrist has fully healed and he is ready for his up and coming macthes. He looked very comfortable throughout and even though it was against a lower opponent, the final set he won to love. Jonas Bjorkman is no mug and will be very much prepared for the encounter. No doubt he will try and exploit Murray's weaknesses and try and out-wit him. But, I think this has got to be another win for Murray and he cannot fail to do well, he missed a lot of tennis and I am sire he will be wanting to make up for all his missed oppourtunities here at the US Open. Looking for another full house on 1 player tonight :hope Suggested bets: Murray to beat Bjorkman - 1.29 (Bluesquare) Murray 3-0 - 2.88 (Stanjames) Murray to win the 1st set - 1.4 (Skybet) Murray (-4.5) - 1.8 (Skybet)

• Gilles Simon vs Fernando Verdasco

I think Simon definatly has the armoury to beat Verdasco and thought that this match would be a lot tighter in terms of odds. Verdasco battled from 2-0 (slow start?) down against Mathieu and went on to win on three which is a very impressive result ans shows he is in very good form. But the value here is definatly with Simon who was cruising againt Waske, before he retired. Tricky game to call and Verdasco seems to be the favourite due to his recent form and run up to the slam, but Simon, who performed well in New Haven will be in with a shout here and shouldn't be at these odds IMO. H2H - 1:0 in favour of Simon. Suggested bets: Simon to win the 1st set - 2.25 (Stanjames) Simon to beat Verdasco - 2.63 (Totesport) Simon (+ 4) - 1.83 (Bet365)

Re: US OPEN tennis Other good bets for the day:

• Rumour is that Azarenka strained a shoulder in her doubles match so might not be in top shape and may be looking to retire against Cibulkova (4.2 on Betfair, they pay out on retirements I think?) .
  • Wrote a nice long write up for this, but it disappeared :$, -Feliciano Lopez (1.88) has a good chance of putting out an out of sorts Andreev. He was impresive in the last round as he knocked out J.C Ferrero. Also good value in Lopez (+1) (1.80), and Lopez to win the 1st set - (1.83) .
  • Granville (5.5) is at good value, she is up against Peer, but hopefully she can be a threat.

The Banker: Roddick x Szavay x Murray @ Around 2.6 :eek Long shot: Murray 3-0 x Simon x Lopez @ Around 14.24 :eek

Thanks for that, hopefully she will complete the required set then.
Murray 3-0 - 2.88 (Stanjames) :wall
Murray to win the 1st set - 1.4 (Skybet):wall
My optimism has been short lived as the expierienced Bjorkman times his 1st break of the match perfectly to take the set, cue Murray to reel off the next few games and win the next 3 sets :$. Look as though the day is going to be a bad one for me,
Simon to win the 1st set - 2.25:wall
He lost it 6-0 :lol and is on his way to losing the 2nd :sad. Hopefully there will be some better scores to come :hope, but at the moment I am bracing myself for a crappy day.

Re: US OPEN tennis Just wanted to put this price down for tomorrow. Tipsarevic (+7) to beat Nadal - 2.00, Just wanted to take that price now and post it just incase it changed for the morning. Nadal was seriously struggling last match and although he might not lose this match, I cannot see him turning over a big handicap. For him to turn over this handicap he would have to win with a score line of about 6-4, 6-3, 6-3, something which I seriously doubt will happen. Nadal is unpredictable and could come out and play so much different from what he did against Jones, but I think he won't and this bet looks as though it could be the Pick of the tournament for me :eek I fully expect the match to go to 5 sets as these 2 both had their fair few at the last Grandslam (Wimbledon). If Nadal gets off to a slow start like he did versus Jones, we could see a Tipsarevic win, but there is definate value with this handicap, and one which I would stongly reccomend. :ok

Roddick x Szavay x Murray @ Around 2.6
Murray 3-0 x Simon x Lopez @ Around 14.24 Cibulkova (4.2)
Murray to beat Bjorkman - 1.29 (Bluesquare) Murray 3-0 - 2.88 (Stanjames) Murray to win the 1st set - 1.4 (Skybet) Murray (-4.5) - 1.8 (Skybet) Simon to win the 1st set - 2.25 (Stanjames) Simon to beat Verdasco - 2.63 (Totesport) Simon (+ 4) - 1.83 (Bet365) Lopez (1.88) Granville (5.5) Lopez (+1) (1.80) Lopez to win the 1st set - (1.83) Sela (3.55) (Today)
Bad day, I need to tighten up a bit more (5/13):puke, sorry about that heap of s**t yesterday, should be a better day today. Simon was the breaker, he lost very convincingly and didn't cause Verdasco any trouble. But, another banker came through :nana, thats 3/3 on that, I will be looking to continue this streak. Will post my tips up around noon once I have had time to throughly scan the matches, I am sure they will bet better than yesterdays :ok

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventFish - Robredo
SelectionFish
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningFish grabbed some nice form lately reaching final at New Haven.He is leading H2H 2:1 and he has all it takes to win against Robredo.Especially when Robredo is not in his top form.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGinepri - Gabashvili
SelectionGabashvili
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.34 (Back)
ReasoningGabashvili played some nice tennis in the first round against Gonzalez and this odd for him here are just crazy for me.Ginepri is nothing special really and he shouldn't be such a strong favourite here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventOdesnik - Chela
SelectionOdesnik
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.77 (Back)
ReasoningWith Chela being not htat great hard courter and with his average form I just can't understand these odds for Odesnik win.It's huge price and I'm going to give it a try.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventTsonga - Henman
SelectionTsonga
Strength10/10
Date31/08/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.81 (Back)
ReasoningI'm all over Tonga in this one.Henman won over Tursunov only because russian was just pathetic.He was hitting all the important balls out of court.Henman has awfull record this year winning only 6 matches and I rate Tsonga as a better player here.