US OPEN tennis

Re: US OPEN tennis Unlucky there Randall. Roddick only managed 7 aces against Fed in last year's US Open final and he managed to take that match to 4 sets. And 11 aces is the most he's ever managed against Fed in a Grand Slam event and that was on grass at Wimbledon. I'd be very surprised if he gets into double figures. For those reasons Roddick looks like an excellent lay in this market at around 3. Not a whole lot of liquidity though. Good call on Peer btw. Very easy win.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US OPEN tennis For tommorrow I like the price for Venus Williams, Justine Henin, Raffael Nadal, Carlos Moya and Novak Djokovic . 4.26 is the price for these 4 players to win and they have big chances. I saw Venus against serbian Ivanovic and she was great. Jelena lost a set against austrian Sybille Bammer, but in the end she won 2-1. Venus really enjoys this surface and she has the public on her side and the win should be only a simple formality. Pick : Venus Williams to win About Justine Henin, not much to say, she passed very easy, I must admit, I didn't expect, over russian Dinara Safina, 6-0, 6-2. If she didn't take just 2 sets from the belgian I can't see Serena Williams taking more. Justine Henin has some extremly hits and I guess she won't have big problems against Serena Williams. Pick : Justine Henin to win Also, Djokovic @ 1.1 should win easily against Juan Monaco. The argentinians players are know to be very unpredictable and I really don't like the style they play. Djokovic comes after a nightmare game against czech player, Radek Stepanek, a game that last 4 hours and 44 minutes! But what a game that was: it was 2-2 at sets, but the value of Djokovic helped him win the decisive set at Tiebreak. He had an harder game than I expected but he won, that's what matters. Juan Monaco lost 2 sets against unknown players, like Edouard Roger-Vasselin, when he won 3-1 or against Dudi Sela, when he also won 3-1. I expect Novak Djokovic to win the game tomorrow very easy, most probable 3-0 at sets. Pick : Novak Djokovic to win David Ferrer will host his compatriot, Raffa Nadal. The Spanish ' Bull ' has troubles on this surface but he showed his value and here he is playing with another spanish, Ferrer. Ferrer passed the fat argentinian, David Nalbandian after he won the decisive set.Altough,this isn't Raffa's favourite surface he is too good for David Ferrer. Pick : Raffael Nadal to win Another player that I fancy to win tomorrow is Carlos Moya. The 'old guy' is doing great on HARD and he will face the surprise of the US Open, letonian Gulbis. The letonian produced a big upset when he won against Tommy Robredo in 3 sets. This is his 1st participation at US Open and he is playing now with Carlos Moya, a very experienced player. ATM Gulbis is ranked number 88 in the ATP while Carlos Moya is the 12nd. Ok, Gulbis passed Tommy Robredo just because his opponent is a very unpredictable player. Moya won against Djokovic on HARD some weeks ago, when the serbian was on fire, winning against the masters, Nadal and Fedex. Carlos Moya had some troubles getting passed KOHLSCHREIB, but he won in the decisive set. There are no meetings registered between Moya and KOHLSCHREIB, but I am sure the experience and the gameplay of 'master' Moya will be crucial in this game. Pick : Carlos Moya to win GL¬

Re: US OPEN tennis local bookies give on serena williams 3,2 tnx a lot and have to take that serena is so powerfull and won already this year against henij in miami, she is overarted and it the moment serena isnt worst player than henin few mistakes will bring victory to one and odd 3,2 is pure gift imo moya have to win this one,he has great opportunity to advance in his tour,kohlschreiber is much better player than gulbis and he lost , hipe for easy win nadal-ferrer small bet on ferrer, nadal had his knees bandaged and that is not good,maybe ferrer can make him tired and than break him,who knowes

Re: US OPEN tennis Shaughnessy M/Paes L - Huber L/Murray J [email protected] I bet for them cause Huber and Murray in pair are playing a very professional tennis, good service, the won a lot of clever points.Last night theyr game was incredible, lost only 2 games for Radwanska pair, today they must win 4 sure, cause they are showing much more better tennis than Shaughnessy M/Paes L.

Re: US OPEN tennis Carlos Moya over Ernest Gulbis - 8/15 Fair enough, Gulbis has started to prosper into a decent tennis player and this has been his break through tournament. But, at this stage of the tournament the nerves will be setting in as this is unknown territory for the youngster. Moya has been in this situation before in various other tournaments and I think he will adapt better to the situation with all his expierience and prevail over the Latvian.

Re: US OPEN tennis

To expert' date='maybe you speak in russia,poland,lithuania?I speak.Little in english.Its no funny if man dont know language.[/quote'] who is speaking or making fun of you because of your lack of knowledge in foreign languages??? i was just pointing out that a tip without any explanation is useless, nothing more, nothing less.. so, dont be worried if your English isnt perfect, you just write down your thoughts and be sure we will know what you mean..:ok PS: about the Borg pick, im all in;)

To expert' date='maybe you speak in russia,poland,lithuania?I speak.Little in english.Its no funny if man dont know language.[/quote'] A small explanation is all that is required. You managed to say the above so I am sure you can come up with something.

EventJelena Jankovic - Venus Williams
SelectionVenus Williams
Strength10/10
Date04/09/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBetDirect @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningJelena Jankovic didnt look too good first two sets vs Bammer and had too many unforced errors but she woke up and played much better third set. Venus Williams is playing excellent tennis right now and seems to be in better condition than Jankovic and should simply out-power her in the duells.

Re: US OPEN tennis Sport event: J. Jankovic vs. V. Williams Pick: J. Jankovic +3.5 Date: September 05 2007 Bookmaker: PinnacleSports Odd: 1.962 Stake: 8 from 10 Reason: Head to head statistics for these 2 players Overall the head to head score is 3-2 for Jankovic (2-1 on Clay, 1-0 on grass and 0-1 on hard). This last game was played in Stanford-USA in QF when Jankovic lost in 2 sets, 3-6 3-6. This was in 2005 when Jankovic was #22 WTA ranking player and V. Williams was #9 WTA ranking player. In 2 years, Jankovic has grown to #3 WTA ranking and V. Williams is # 14. Maybe these rankings do not count very much but Jankovic is much better than she was 2 years ago. I know from her matches which I’ve seen that V. Williams is not such a strong player as everybody thinks, and she might have difficulties if there is a 3-rd set match (legs can let her down). Anyway, this promises to be a tough match between two top players. Other bookmaker has 2.5 game handicap @1.85 (eg.GameBookers.com) for this event. Today 5 sept.2007 Gamebookers has adjust his handicap at +3.5

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHenin - Williams
SelectionHenin
Strength10/10
Date04/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.54 (Back)
ReasoningOdds for Henin win are rising.Good for me as imho Henin will win today.There's nothing much to say about her previous opponents as she was playing some crappy players but her results speaks for itself.She is number one in wta without a doubt.Serena also won all of her matches in two sets but her performances were not that impressive for me as Juju.Everybody is talking about their previous meeting on hard at Miami when Serena won after being down 0:6 and she was losing in the second set to win it 7:5 and win the whole match.But this situation won't happen again I'm sure about that.After that match we already have two matches between these two players and Henin won both of them at French open and Wimbledon.Today will be a third one.Maybe three sets but in the end Justine should be the one who wins it.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventChakvetadze - Peer
SelectionChakvetadze
Strength10/10
Date05/09/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.64 (Back)
ReasoningI've seen both players in their previous matches and I must say that both of them not impressed me much.Peer played against pathetic Radwanska and she couldn't show her best tennis and Chakvetadze was playing against injured Paszek.Chakvetadze was playing really good in first set and she destroyed Paszek and in the second set she was just playing to win and not to lose to much strenght.She was not giving her best.All in all I see Anna as a better player here.With greater potential and better player on hard courts.In my eyes she is just too good for Peer.She is consistent and not making lots of errors.She likes to play long balls which are landing just before the end line.It will be totally different match for Peer than her meetings against Vaidisova and Radwanska.I'm going with russian girl here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventUS Open women finalist
SelectionChakvetadze
Strength10/10
Date08/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningChakvetadze has great chances to make it to the final.In qf she is playing against Peer and imho she should beat her.And in semi-final she will be playing either Szavay or Kuznetsova.If she will be playing Svetlana then this bet will be a little bit dangerous because Kuznetsova is always dangerous but I believe that Chakvetadze can beat her too.I also believe that Szavay has great chances to win over Kuznetsova and then odds in sf for Chakvetadze would be something about 1.40 and then this bet is great.Szavay already played with Kuzi before us open and she won the first set and after that she had to retire.So Szavay is not without any chances.For me Anna will be finalist of US Open.

Carlos Moya over Ernest Gulbis - 8/15 Fair enough, Gulbis has started to prosper into a decent tennis player and this has been his break through tournament. But, at this stage of the tournament the nerves will be setting in as this is unknown territory for the youngster. Moya has been in this situation before in various other tournaments and I think he will adapt better to the situation with all his expierience and prevail over the Latvian.
:nana Serena vs Henin Tonight Serena plays Henin (1/2) and I think that this has all the makings of a Justine Henin win. She seems on course to take the title as she is playing sublime and looks as though she is beggining to take a stranglehold of the womens game, to become a modern day great. She has already secured a hat-trick (3 in a row also) of French Opens which I think has not been stressed enough, probably due to the fact Nadal is so supreme on clay and when the clay court season approaches, all the spot light is on him. She is as powerful as Serena so won't be blown away by her or intimidated. She will do all the running required and make S.Williams play an extra few balls then she has not been required to do in the tournament so far. Szavay vs Kuznetsova Onto tomorrow and I fancy Szavay (5/2) I think the bookies made a big mistake when pricing her for the tournament. I don't know what she was to start with, but half way through the tournament she was 150-1 . They really did make a mistake there and I was wishing I has jumped on that price. Even if she gets beaten in straight sets in her next match, for a supposed 150-1 shot she has gone furthur that was expected of her. As for her opponent Kuznetsova, I think that she can beat her because she did take a set off her in the final of New Haven before she had to retire hurt. She seems fully fit now so should be able to take more than 1 set to progress through, hopefully to the final, to prove the bookie sometimes do make mistakes , hopefully, maybe :unsure , Also look into Szavay getting to the final at (8.20), may not be the big odds she was at, but all the same a good value punt. Davydenko vs Haas Davydenko (3/5) can take out Haas. Haas had a draining encounter with Blake which went the distance and should be fatigued both physically and mentally. Wheras Davydenko has been rejuvenated and since scandle has surrounded him and his results (or lack of them), he has performed like a true professional and let his racket do the talking. Looking through Davydenko's statistics for the tournament and I am suprised to see that he has not dropped a set. This is amazing in a Gradslam and shows he is starting to peak. He also has only dropped 39 games, averaging only 7.25 games against him each match. Impressive if I must say and I think this is brilliant form, so much so I would be tempted to back him in straight sets and with a minus handicap (Set Betting - 3-0 @ 3/1 ) and (-2.5 @ 5/6) Good bets also for the tournament: Aces: I.Ljubicic - 71 J.Isner - 66 F.Lopez - 64 A.Roddick - 58 S.Wawrinka - 53 T.Haas - 46 C.Moya - 45 E.Gulbis - 45 J.Blake - 44 R.Federer - 39 You can back Ljubicic at 3.35 to keep hold of his position at the top of the Aces section. Federer has 3 games left, on average this tournament he has served 9.75 a game, if he continues this he would end out with 68 :hope, tight, but can happen, he should theoretically serve less as the opponents get harder? (If you fancy taking Federer he is at about Evens), other than that no one else looks like they are threatening to take that title, unless Roddick serves 13/14 against Fed , good luck to him. Henin to win (3.10), she is looking tidy at the moment and I would back against her, she can beat anyone and is the world number one after all, so she should cruise it ;), you can also get her at 2.25 to reach the final. Cracking odds in my opinion , she can defo do the Williams double All odds where taken from an odds checker site, so If anyone is actually interested in backing them try to look on them to get the odds, sorry I have only just realised I did not post where they were taken from. Good luck all :hope

Re: US OPEN tennis Federer is in the serving form of his life and generally serves more aces the better the opponent. In the last few months: 24 against nadal in the wimbledon final, 18 v hewitt in 3 sets at montreal, 15 against Djokovic in Cinci. Roddick's only chance of passing Ljubo is to push Fed to at least 4 long sets but should that happen Fed will probably rack up about 20 aces. So basically imo Roddick needs to beat Fed to end up which most aces which is a 11+ shot. yet he can be layed at 3.3-3.9.

Re: US OPEN tennis Shaughnessy M/Paes L - Huber L/Murray J [email protected] I bet for them cause Huber and Murray in pair are playing a very professional tennis, good service, the won a lot of clever points.Last night theyr game was incredible, lost only 2 games for Radwanska pair, today they must win 4 sure, cause they are showing much more better tennis than Shaughnessy M/Paes 6-7.7-6.10-5.

Re: US OPEN tennis I like Haas to beat Davydenko at $2.60 Their last 2 encounters in grand slams have been split, both ending in 5 sets which would suggest another close struggle today. Although Davy has not dropped a set, sometimes this can act against you if an early set is lost- example gulbis to moya. Haas' fitness must be a concern playing 3 five setters already but I think the fact that he took out Blake in the last round in front of a tough New York crowd is also a major factor. The reasoning for this, Davy's record against Blake. Blake has never lost to Davy (6-0), Tommy proved he can beat Blake in the harshest of places for any non U.S competitor. This match should in my opinion must be tighter in the betting than is quoted. Im thinking $1.80 Davy, $1.93 Haas Odds given Davy $1.45, Haas $2.60 Haas is a massive chance and massive price IMO.

Re: US OPEN tennis Kuznetsova -Szavay 3 i dont like kuznetsova, i rember this same match from few weaks ago and than szavay retired becouse of injurie she can win this match becouse she is to aggresive and kuznetsova might have some problems than and many unforced errors than i hope she will loose Davydenko- Haas 1,6 tommy doesnt have any chance here, it seems that davy is in the best form on this tour, i watched almost every match with tommy haas and have to say that that guy is really lucky ;) grosjean was better player but fu...ed last set davy is powrefull no doubt for me

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWilliams - Jankovic set hc
SelectionJankovic +1.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/09/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.76 (Back)
ReasoningOk Venus is playing really good tennis but Jankovic is not a mug to be such an underdog in this one.Maybe she will not win the whole game but she can surely take at least one set from Venus.btw. I think that Jelena has great chances to win this one.Jelena is briliant tennis player and awesome fighter on court.She is clearly underestimated here.She is leading h2h 3:2 winning all of their previous meetings.She even beat Venus at Wimbledon.Only once back in 2005 Jelena wasn't able to take a set from Venus.But then she was totally different player.During this two years she developed a lot and now she is one of the best tennis players in the world.Pure value.

Re: US OPEN tennis Tommy Haas VS Nikolay Davydenko 2 @ 1.55. Tommy play two games 5 sets and this factor is that Nikolay win. S.Kuznetsova-A.Szavay 1 with-4 @ 1.89. Sveta is higher class over hungarian girl,Szavay take all shes chances in the US Open.