** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

US OPEN tennis

Re: US OPEN tennis For tommorrow I like the price for Carlos Moya to win against serbian Djokovic. Djokovic had an hard game against Juan Monaco and still he had some troubles with his back. Also he was very tired, he was breathing deep after each played ball and I am sure his problems won't end before the game with Moya, but in rest I wish him to be good as soon as possible. Carlos Moya had an easy game against the surprise Gulbis and won 3-1 at sets. Moya and Djokovic met 3 times, 2 wins for Moya and 1 for Djokovic. The last 2 wins are for Moya, 1 win on HARD at Cincinatti and the other one on clay in Hamburg. I remember that in the last game won on HARD the odds for Moya were over 3 and Djokovic had 1.1 - 1.2. Djokovic was coming after big wins against the masters Fedex and Nadal. Carlos Moya is more experienced and prepared for this game and I am sure he will go through. Pick : Carlos Moya to win @ 3.6

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US OPEN tennis

Davydenko vs Haas Davydenko (3/5) can take out Haas. Haas had a draining encounter with Blake which went the distance and should be fatigued both physically and mentally. Wheras Davydenko has been rejuvenated and since scandle has surrounded him and his results (or lack of them), he has performed like a true professional and let his racket do the talking. Looking through Davydenko's statistics for the tournament and I am suprised to see that he has not dropped a set. This is amazing in a Gradslam and shows he is starting to peak. He also has only dropped 39 games, averaging only 7.25 games against him each match. Impressive if I must say and I think this is brilliant form, so much so I would be tempted to back him in straight sets and with a minus handicap (Set Betting - 3-0 @ 3/1 ) and (-2.5 @ 5/6)
Cheers mate! :ok Followed and earned a nice little profit! :clap

Re: US OPEN tennis Tommy Haas VS Nikolay Davydenko 2 @ 1.55.:dude Tommy play two games 5 sets and this factor is that Nikolay win. S.Kuznetsova-A.Szavay 1 with-4 @ 1.89.:dude Sveta is higher class over hungarian girl,Szavay take all shes chances in the US Open.

Cheers mate! :ok Followed and earned a nice little profit! :clap
Thats ok mate, I'm glad someone cashed in. Its been a shocking tournament in parts for me, not money wise though :), just some of the tipping :unsure
Tonight Serena plays Henin (1/2) :clap Szavay vs Kuznetsova Onto tomorrow and I fancy Szavay (5/2):wall Szavay getting to the final at (8.20):wall Davydenko (3/5) :clap (Set Betting - 3-0 @ 3/1 ) :clap (-2.5 @ 5/6) :clap Good bets also for the tournament: Aces: I.Ljubicic - 71 J.Isner - 66 F.Lopez - 64 A.Roddick - 58 S.Wawrinka - 53 T.Haas - 46 C.Moya - 45 E.Gulbis - 45 J.Blake - 44 R.Federer - 39 You can back Ljubicic at 3.35 :wall Unless Roddick serves 13/14 against Fed , good luck to him and he did :eek. Looks like Federer is going to take the aces, not a good price to back either (1.44). Good advice after my post A-Team :ok, should have trailed through the stats before posting. Henin to win (3.10) and (2.25) to reach the final. :hope
As the tournament grinds to a halt in the next few days, there doesn't seem to be any real value in the bets. Moya against Djokovic is interesting because Moya has only just recently beaten Novak on hard courts. Wouldn't advise backing Moya, but It will be interesting to see what will happen and Moya is definatly over priced at (4/1), and should be looked into to atleast sneak a set as should Davydenko, he will defiantly put up and fight and should take at least set off Federer if not more. Hopefully Djokovic will win though...
Strength - 4/10 - Novak Djokovic to win the US Open (E/W) - 13/2 (E/W - 1/2 first 2) - BlueSquareBet :hope Strength - 10/10 - Novak Djokovic to win the 2nd quarter final - 11/10 - BetDirect :hope Novak Djokovic has made incredible strides to close the gap on the top 2 and I think that he has the best chance besides Federer to win. IMO, Nadal has no chance and has been showing some inconsistent form on the hard courts (being taken to 3 sets in a few easier matches), so Djokovic should be listen to at this price. Djokovic has a challenging opening round match-up, but I am sure he can get through this and then look to the business end of the tournament, a definate for me to get to the semis and then the final :D. Strength 4/10 - David Nalbandian to win 4th quarter - 14/1 - Stanjames :wall (Was close :lol) With Nadal being in this side of the draw, I think that anything can happen. Nadal could turn up and give his A-game, beating people with ease and showing the fighting spirit which takes him through most matches. But if this fails to happen and Nadal starts to have trouble with the injury he got at the Masters Series event, this side of the draw will be wide open and anyone could take it. I am going for Nalbandian because he is a good performer who recently has showed some good form to prove he is still a decent player on his day and should be someone who can get far in more grandslams, more often. 14/1 is a gross misjudgment and I am hoping he can prove me right by going far at Flushing Meadows.
Murray fit for US Open challenge
_44078382_murray.jpg Murray was forced to miss the French Open and Wimbledon
Andy Murray says is ready to go out and hit the ball as hard as ever at the US Open having got over his wrist injury.
This is good enough for me and hopefully he will actually be able to compete. Strength - 4/10 - Andy Murray to win the US Open (E/W)- 100/1 -StanJames :wall Strength - 8/10 - Andy Murray to win the 2nd quarter - 16/1 (E/W - 1/2 first 2) - Skybet :wall Some may think I am being stupid for siding with a Brit, but there is more to this pick that just Murray being British. Of course we will all like to see him do well, but I seriously think that he was hitting some of his best form just before he got injured so he should be considered here. He is in the group of talented players tipped to do well in the future and I think although he has not done as well as Djokovic in bridging the gap, I think that it is only a matter of time. I also think that he can certainly challenge for any title when fit, so hopefully he is as well as he seems and we can all look forward to watching him.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventChela - Ferrer set hc
SelectionChela +2.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.56 (Back)
ReasoningThis one looks like a tough four or five setter.And these odds on Ferrer are just crazy.Why he is such a strong favourite here...At least one set for Chela should be a good bet here.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKuznetsova - Chakvetadze
SelectionChakvetadze
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.67 (Back)
ReasoningI already have a bet on Chakvetadze to reach the final so I will trust her and bet that she will beat Sveta.Both girls in good form and no way that Kuznetsova should be such a favourite here.I'm giving Chakvetadze at least 40% chances of winning in this one.I watched Chakvetadze against Peer and she was just great.And Kuznetsova didn't have real test so far.All her opponents were not great against her.This can easilly go into 3 sets and with a bit of luck Anna can make it to the final.

Re: US OPEN tennis Well, here is my tipping tournament statistics---> Tips: 96 (:eek Too much, I know) Wins: 39 (:eek Too little, I know) Pending: 4 (Djokovic to win quarter/tournament E/W and Henin to reach and win the final) Void: 5 Losses: 48 Strike Rate (Currently about) : 45% Avg. Odds : (Excluding tournament tips and accumulated odds): 1.85 Not the best although there maybe errors with calculations, but I am sure once I moderate the amount I tip and don't go overboard, I could get better results. Strike-rate and average odds look fairly similar, so nothing special :ok, hopefully the remaining bets will boost the statistics up a bit and make the results look decent :D

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventChela - Ferrer set hc
SelectionChela +2.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date06/09/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.56 (Back)
ReasoningThis one looks like a tough four or five setter.And these odds on Ferrer are just crazy.Why he is such a strong favourite here...At least one set for Chela should be a good bet here.
Because Ferrer destroyed Nadal the other day and is on top form unlike Chela, hence why Ferrer won easily in straight sets. Bad advice again :@

Is Djokovic worth backing tonight? I can't decide. I think he will win' date=' but is it really worth the gamble, because Moya is playing well and he has the support behind him, hes a popular player in the states.[/quote'] Personally mate i feel at Moya's odds he is well worth a punt, im going to have a small flutter on him as his odds IMO are way to high and Djokovic has played a hell of a lot of games this year and is showing signs of fatigue. IMO take a small punt on Moya. :ok

If you're going to criticise other peoples picks then do it before the event unless you want to come accross like a complete asshole.
I have criticised the same guys picks before matches in this tournament if you read earlier posts and would of criticised this had i read it before the match, it's common sense Ferrer is playing far better tennis etc as i said and i'm doing this to help others hence helping the guy before your post. :eyes

I have criticised the same guys picks before matches in this tournament if you read earlier posts and would of criticised this had i read it before the match' date=' it's common sense Ferrer is playing far better tennis etc as i said and i'm doing this to help others hence helping the guy before your post. :eyes[/quote'] oh.yeah...I just saw that comment on sanchez pick ;) I don't give a shit about one losed bet or two.it's all about long term.I thought that it was worth a shot and I bet on it.I didn't watched that match between chela and ferrer but I thought that chela would be harder opponent for ferrer that he was.now when I'm looking at the score I see that he was pure crap... :lol all in all one set in best of five is not that much :unsure

Re: US OPEN tennis Sport Tennis Event Kuznetsova - Chakvetadze :hope Selection Chakvetadze Strength 10/10 Date 07/09/2007 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.67 Reasoning Chakvetadze in a very wonderful physical form and it will make all pushes in an order to take WIN at Kuznetsovoy in this match. In H2H now a favourite is Kuznetsova, but Chakvetadze younger and it easier moves on a court. On my opinion to opinion, Chakvetadze has all of chances for victory.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHenin - Wiliams
SelectionHenin
Strength10/10
Date07/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.53 (Back)
ReasoningI watched both Henin and Venus in their qf matches and after what I've seen I mst say that Henin is clear favourite for me here.She was just awesome against Serena.And Venus had some great moments but all in all her game was not that great.She was making lots of unforced errors and she had problems to hit the first serve.Maybe she managed to beat Jankovic but today it should be different story.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRadwanska - Albanese
SelectionRadwanska
Strength10/10
Date07/09/2007
Bookmaker/PriceFonbet @ 1.42 (Back)
ReasoningYounger sister of Agnieszka is playing her match today in junior US Open.And I rate her as a huge favourite to win the whole tournament.She won already junior wimbledon this year.Today she is playing Albanese from USA and I believe that she should take care of her.Her matches so far were ending in two sets and today maybe a bit tougher task but in the end it's Urszula who should be a winner in this one.

Re: US OPEN tennis Oooo its been very eventful in here recently, I think everyone has a few shockers and everyone has had a few good days/picks. Unluckily the bad ones are the ones which people choose to comment on about Randall's, but for me it was my good picks people commented on, so I wouldn't really give Randall a hard time. No one did actually congratulate him on his near perfect night, where he backed mainly outsiders and they nearly all came in except the Sharapova 1 which was a freak result TBH:

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPetrova - Szavay
SelectionSzavay
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.76 (Back)
ReasoningSzavay is in really nice form at the moment and she can cause a lot of troubles to petrova here and with a bit of luck she will win this.Petrova has not so good year.Her best result in grand slams this year was 4th round of wimbledon and here at US Open she was never great.She only managed to reach two QF in her two best years.I don't belive that she should be such a strong favourite in clash with talented Agnes.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHingis - Azarenka
SelectionAzarenka
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningIn my eyes this is 50/50 match and value lies on Azarenka.Hingis had some nice performances at beginning of the year but after that it was only worse.She is not playing great tennis at the moment and this match will be her first real one as her previous opponents were just awfull.Azarenka is on fire right now with two comfortable wins and she should be a real threat to Martina.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventPaszek - Schnyder
SelectionPaszek
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.30 (Back)
ReasoningReally nice odds for an upset in this one :) Paszek when playing her top game is just awesome.Schnyder never had good results here at Us Open.Her best result was QF in 1998 :) And her last three starts ended in 4th round.Worth a shot.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKirilenko - Vakulenko
SelectionVakulenko
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.00 (Back)
ReasoningI don't get this odds.Kirilenko was underdog against Srebotnik and now suddenly she is such strong favourite here :) Come on!!! Vakulenko when is fully fit is at least on Kirilenko level.Vakulenko had some injury problems and that's why she was so awfull lately.But here she defeated Hantuchova and destroyed Kostanic and it seems that she is back in business.Kirilenko best grand slam performance is 3rd round.If she will win today this will be her best performance but imho it will be really hard for her to accomplish that.H2H is 1:0 for Maria.It was played this year at Australian Open and it was tough 3 set match.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKoubek - Blake set hc
SelectionKoubek +2.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date01/09/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.88 (Back)
ReasoningWhat the hell ??? Blake just survived tough battle with Santoro and Koubek is just demolishing his opponents.Stefan seems to be in good form.H2H is 1:0 for Koubek so why shouldn't he win at least one set this time :)
:notworthy Cricketlover, one word of advice, if you are ever going to start an argument, do it with someone who doesn't have more posts then you and is not as well respected or liked as Randall :tongue2

Re: US OPEN tennis Saturday 8Th September 2007 Tennis - US Open 2007 Novak Djokovic Vs David Ferrer Ferrer is playing his best tennis career, too good this Ferrer on the baseline, without mistakes and with a forhand that gives him so many points, the win against a player as Rafa has gives him so many confidence on his games and on his potentiality and on the quarter of final against Chela we have saw a match that there was not a match and Ferrer beyond to have still offered amazing performances has demonstrated that he can play also 5-6 hours in a row on incredibles levels and this on this match could be really important. Novak on this surface is really good, has won the AMS of Montreal beating Federer and also on this tournament he has risked only against Stepanek, that is a player that doesn't give you the rhythm and that it's sure really hard to face, against all the others has won a lot easy and sure for his results, for his value and his performances is clearly the fav of this match, no doubt on that. But seen the state of shape of David and of course the market line, that is the main goal in betting job, I think that over 3.50 is really too much and of course value, even if is sure that if Novak plays his best tennis he can close it also in 3 sets because on this surface the best Djokovic is better then the best Ferrer, but if the match will be over 3 sets and then long everything can happens and the match will be 2.0/2.0. The real value that I think true on this match is 1.70-2.40 Selection: David Ferrer Price: 3.70 Book: www.bodog.com Confidence: 5u Sincerely Pro Tennis Tips

Re: US OPEN tennis dokovic-ferrer i dont think that ferrer got some confidence after match with nadal, dont forget that he was injured and we thought that tipsarevic would beat him dokovic started tour not so good with stepanek but he is not a garbage. there is not big number of players that can beat moya 3:0 dokovic looks great here and is big favorite i hope he will win this:hope

Henin to win (3.10) :hope, she is looking tidy at the moment and I would back against her, she can beat anyone and is the world number one after all, so she should cruise it ;), you can also get her at 2.25 to reach the final :clap. Cracking odds in my opinion , she can defo do the Williams double Strength - 4/10 - Novak Djokovic to win the US Open (E/W) - 13/2 (E/W - 1/2 first 2 :clap) - BlueSquareBet Strength - 10/10 - Novak Djokovic to win the 2rd quarter final - 11/10 - BetDirect :clap Novak Djokovic has made incredible strides to close the gap on the top 2 and I think that he has the best chance besides Federer to win. IMO, Nadal has no chance and has been showing some inconsistent form on the hard courts (being taken to 3 sets in a few easier matches), so Djokovic should be listen to at this price. Djokovic has a challenging opening round match-up, but I am sure he can get through this and then look to the business end of the tournament, a definate for me to get to the semis and then the final :D.
Looks like a good finish for he tournamet for me, hopefully Henin will win for the 4/4 :hope, glad to see my tournament pick Djokovic into the final, hopefully he will cause an upset against Federer (or Davy D :lol) in the final, cannot see it happening though tbh. It would take a very brave man to bet against Federer, but if the odds are good, who knows? :ok

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventJanowicz - Berankis
SelectionJanowicz
Strength10/10
Date09/09/2007
Bookmaker/PriceFonbet @ 2.55 (Back)
ReasoningFinal of boys us open :) In juniors everything can happen so I will go with underdog here.I don't know much about Berankis but I know that Janowicz is tall guy with great serve and he is tough to break.He has a great run here as no one expected him to made it to the final.Winning it would be even bigger surprise :)