US OPEN tennis

qualif. day : Zverev- Schwank 1,4 on zverev seems to be a bank,he showed some great performance this year in bronx and have to go on him against not so familiar schwank who played last tour in south america Bogomolov - Y.T.Wang 1,7 wang had some problem in istanbul with his health and that was his last tournament, on the other side bogomolov played already in USA and that is his home ground so have to give him huge advantage Capdeville- R.Ram 1,45 in washington capdevile came to 1/4 where he lost in third set in tie break against karlovic who is in good form. he wants to go thorught the usa and take some points,it seem he likes to play there Fleishman - KaranuÅ¡ić 1,5 fleishman beated gonzales on hard and that is good, he likes this surface, karanusic is not player for big compeitions, he will probably loose easily Vemić - Cakl 1,4 also had some good results in amercia, cakl is also player of the past, easy win for vemic who is on fire gl all:welcome

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: US OPEN tennis Yay! US Open is nearly here :nana, I don't really have much of a view on the qualifiying, but I am interested to know where you get the odds for them Dj Fish? Can't wait for the real thing to start as it will be a good tournament to bet on considering it should even out the matches - unlike the clay and grass.

Re: US OPEN tennis

COUNTRYSEEDCOUNTRYSEED
Federer Swi 1 vQUALIFIER
Isner USA vNieminen Fin 26
Ferrero Spa 21 vLopez Spa
Kendrick USA vAndreev Rus
Young USA vGuccione Aus
Roitman Arg vGasquet Fra 13
Berdych Cze 9 vGicquel Fra
Bolelli Ita vBenneteau Fra
Simon Fra vQUALIFIER
Verdasco Spa vMathieu Fra 22
Karlovic Cro 32 vClement Fra
Johansson Swe vMassu Chi
Acasuso Arg vVassalo Arguello Arg
Gimelstob USA vRoddick USA 5
Davydenko Rus 4 vLevine USA
Kiefer Ger vSpadea USA
Luczak Aus vHorna Per
Kuznetsov USA vAlmagro Spa 28
Murray Gbr 19 vQUALIFIER
Guzman Arg vBjorkman Swe
Hrbaty Svk vLee Kor
Ramirez Hidalgo Spa vCanas Arg 14
Haas Ger 10 vQUALIFIER
Becker Ger vQUALIFIER
Goldstein USA vGrosjean Fra
Mirnyi Blr vBaghdatis Cyp 18
Volandri Ita 29 vLlodra Fra
Koubek Aut vQuerrey USA
Santoro Fra vMontanes Spa
Russell USA vBlake USA 6
Robredo Spa 8 vQUALIFIER
Fish USA vQUALIFIER
QUALIFIER vBerrer Ger
Gulbis Lat vStarace Ita 30
Moya Spa vQUALIFIER
Garcia-Lopez Spa vKunitsyn Rus
Zabaleta Arg vKohlschreiber Ger
Devilder Fra vYouzhny Rus 11
Hewitt Aus 16 vDelic USA
Seppi Ita vCalleri Arg
QUALIFIER vLapentti Ecu
Roger-Vasselin Fra vMonaco Arg 23
Melzer Aut 31 vHartfield Arg
Del Potro Arg vMahut Fra
Berlocq Arg vStepanek Cze
Ancic Cro vDjokovic Ser 3
Gonzalez Chi 7 vGabashvili Rus
Ginepri USA vRochus Bel
Wawrinka Swi vKorolev Rus
QUALIFIER vSafin Rus 25
Chela Arg 20 vMcclune USA
Udomchoke Tha vOdesnik USA
QUALIFIER vMonfils Fra
Vliegen Bel vLjubicic Cro 12
Ferrer Spa 15 vMayer Ger
Serra Fra vEschauer Aut
Malisse Bel vPless Den
Navarro Pastor Spa vNalbandian Arg 24
Tursunov Rus 27 vHenman Gbr
Tsonga Fra vHernandez Spa
Tipsarevic Ser vSweeting USA
Jones Aus vNadal Spa 2
Here is the first round draw, I am posting it here because I presume this will probably be the official thread for the whole tournament once stickyed and tidied up a bit. Good draw for Murray (vs Qualifier), but a not so good draw for Henman(Tursunov) from the Brit's perspective. Hopefully if Murray doesn't get a tricky qualifier he can then aim to start playing without fear of injury in the 2nd round and then see where it goes from there :hope. As for Henman, it will be good to see him in action for one of the last times and I already know what to expect from the match = Glimpses of vintage Henman for a few games/a set of the match, but he will be easily beaten as he cannot keep it up for too long ;) (The tennisn that is :tongue2)

Re: US OPEN tennis lets try again Dancevic - Miranda 1,2 odd is low but u can take it for some como as i would. there is no need to talk about quality between these two players and motivation on franks side. Troicki - Echagaray 1,8 bruno explode in bronx and had there some great wins,after istanbul nothing from troicki so bruno might be in better situation worth of try Capdeville- Vemić 1,55 vemic struggeled yesterday a little and won but today i hope situation will be different becouse imo capdeville is much better player than serb and should walk through qualif. KaranuÅ¡ić - Witten 1,9 i said already my opinion about karanusic and have to stay by it, witten is home boy and he will have support there,karanusic have to chocke when he fail to do it yesterday Amanmuradova - Henke 1,4 this should be an easy win,aman play realy well lately, on the other side henke had big pause till now as i know Cetkovska - Spears 2,1 home player,she played against mirza who is better and lost but played good dont know why is cetkovsa fav in this one Kloesel - Kvitova 1,8 nice odd on kloesel,she is better player.lets hope she will confirm it,she had yesterday really easy win

Re: US OPEN tennis Well, here are my tournament tips. To win - Tim Henman.... No but, seriously.... well done to Henman for all his achievements and hopefully he won't leave too much of a hole :clap Strength - 4/10 - Novak Djokovic to win the US Open (E/W) - 13/2 (E/W - 1/2 first 2) - BlueSquareBet Strength - 10/10 - Novak Djokovic to win the 2rd quarter final - 11/10 - BetDirect Novak Djokovic has made incredible strides to close the gap on the top 2 and I think that he has the best chance besides Federer to win. IMO, Nadal has no chance and has been showing some inconsistent form on the hard courts (being taken to 3 sets in a few easier matches), so Djokovic should be listen to at this price. Djokovic has a challenging opening round match-up, but I am sure he can get through this and then look to the business end of the tournament, a definate for me to get to the semis and then the final :D. Strength 4/10 - David Nalbandian to win 4th quarter - 14/1 - Stanjames With Nadal being in this side of the draw, I think that anything can happen. Nadal could turn up and give his A-game, beating people with ease and showing the fighting spirit which takes him through most matches. But if this fails to happen and Nadal starts to have trouble with the injury he got at the Masters Series event, this side of the draw will be wide open and anyone could take it. I am going for Nalbandian because he is a good performer who recently has showed some good form to prove he is still a decent player on his day and should be someone who can get far in more grandslams, more often. 14/1 is a gross misjudgment and I am hoping he can prove me right by going far at Flushing Meadows.

Murray fit for US Open challenge
_44078382_murray.jpg Murray was forced to miss the French Open and Wimbledon
Andy Murray says is ready to go out and hit the ball as hard as ever at the US Open having got over his wrist injury.
This is good enough for me and hopefully he will actually be able to compete. Strength - 4/10 - Andy Murray to win the US Open (E/W)- 100/1 -StanJames Strength - 8/10 - Andy Murray to win the 2nd quarter - 16/1 (E/W - 1/2 first 2) - Skybet Some may think I am being stupid for siding with a Brit, but there is more to this pick that just Murray being British. Of course we will all like to see him do well, but I seriously think that he was hitting some of his best form just before he got injured so he should be considered here. He is in the group of talented players tipped to do well in the future and I think although he has not done as well as Djokovic in bridging the gap, I think that it is only a matter of time. I also think that he can certainly challenge for any title when fit, so hopefully he is as well as he seems and we can all look forward to watching him.

Re: US OPEN tennis I'm pretty bored so here's some of my thoughts concerning the outright/quarterly markets: 1st Quarter: No point at all getting involved with this one. Roger Federer will come through but the price is prohibitive with 1.17 being the best available. Andy Roddick will probably be his main challenger in the section but the 13-1 h2h record says it all. 2nd Quarter: James Blake looks to be the best shout here. Nikolay Davydenko is the highest seed but should Blake meet hikm in the quarter-final the American will go off a strong favourite having won all 6 of their previous encounters. Skybet had a stand-out price of 4.5 but it's been cut to 3.75 now. This is still value I reckon and would pay more than an accumulative match-by-match stake on Blake. He'll have vociferous home support on his side and he's gone well here the last 2 years losing to Agassi and Federer in the quarter-finals. Marcos Baghdatis is another player in the section with the game and the nerve to come through but Blake is the player to beat for me. I expect him to go one better than his previous 2 appearances this time and fall to Federer in the semis. 3rd Quarter: This is the most interesting quarter of all. Novak Djokovic is the stand-out player but has been given the toughest imaginable draw. He meets Mario Ancic in the first round. Ancic would probably be top 10 in the world and seeded accordingly if it wasn't for recent injuries. If he comes through, Djokovic will then probably face the in-form Radek Stepanek another player who would certainly be seeded if not for injuries. Basically it's the toughest draw possible and I believe the 2.25 on offer represents no value especially given that I still believe his stamina is somewhat suspect should he have to play a couple of 5 setters in succession.. Lleyton Hewitt has been in good form and is 2nd favourite in this section at 3.75 . Only Federer managed to get the better of him in the 2 recent Masters Series events and as a former winner here he has a lot going in his favour. He could meet Djokovic in the 4th round and I'd expect an epic encounter similar to their recent match at Wimbledon. I think fatigue could be a factor for the winner which is why I think Mikhail Youzhny is the value pick in this section. He reached the semi-finals here last year and was very impressive on the faster surfaces earlier this season winning a title in Rotterdam and reaching the final in Dubai beating Djokovic along the way both times. The only doubt is that he injured his back while schooling Nadal at Wimbledon and hasn't looked the same player since but at 12/1(Hills/Skybet) I think he's a value pick to come through here. (StanJames go as low as 9/2) If fully fit I can't see anyone troubling him before the 4th round and while he would come into a qf as an underdog v Djokovic or Hewitt he certainly has the game to dismantle either. Fourth Quarter: Rafael Nadal is the main man here and he couldn't have asked for a nicer draw having avoided most of the big-hitters that have troubled him on hardcourts in the past. Fernando Gonzalez is his main rival on paper and has beaten Nadal on the surface before but he's been in awful form recently and could be the victim of an early upset before they get the chance to meet. Dmitry Tursunov is Nadal's potential 3rd round opponent and has the game to beat him. I doubt if he's mentally strong enough to get the win over 5 sets though. Major question marks remain over the other talented players in the section such as Ivan Ljubicic (awful Grand Slam record), David Nalbandian (form) and David Ferrer (doesn't have the game to beat Nadal should they meet). Nadal seems the logical choice here but at a best-price of 1.62 I'm not even remotely tempted. Gonzalez has the draw and pedigree to come through and could be worth a play at 7/1 to recapture his early season form but no bet for me here. Based on the above, I believe that the outright e/w value bets are Youzhny(200), Nadal (8) and Hewitt(50) all with Expekt. (2 places, 1/2 odds) Recommeded Bets: James Blake, 2nd Quarter Winner, 3.75 Skybet (10/10) Mikhail Youzhny, 3rd Quarter Winner, 13.0, Hills (5/10) Lleyton Hewitt, 3rd Quarter Winner, 4.3, Betfred (5/10)

Re: US OPEN tennis Monday 27 Aug 2007 US Open 1st round B Becker - P. Petzschner Petzschner is nr 126 , Becker 50 ATP . Both are germans . I will pick Petzschner ( he already past 3 rounds Q before reaching 1st round ) , Becker its not at his best , always losing in 1st round in the previuos tournamnets he played . Pick : Petzshner to win @ 2.9 with Eurobet 10/10 .

Re: US OPEN tennis Hi guys, following picks for today and tomorrow: US OPEN LADIES RUANO PASCUAL TO D K. BONDARENKO @ 1.83 at betfair US OPEN MEN ODESNIK TO D UDOMCHOKE @ 1.45 at betfair PAVEL TO D MEFFERT @ 1.4 at expekt In last week tournament in New Haven Ruano Pascual defeated K. Bondarenko 6:2 6:2. Considering how comprehensive and how recent the win was - she must be a favorite again. Odesnik had a good hard court season defeating Ljubicic, Del Potro, etc. in his last two tournaments while Udomchoke's record has been really poor with just 4 wins in his last 20 matches Veteran Pavel is still playing at high enough level (finals at Umag 3 weeks ago) to defeat Meffert ranked 239.

Re: US OPEN tennis Good news for people backing Djokovic, it seems that Ancic has pulled out:nana, I can't see anything confirmed as of yet? Strength 8/10 - P.H Mathieu to beat Fernando Verdasco - 1.61 @ PaddyPower Both players are in good form coming into he championships, but I think this is going to be a victory for Mathieu. It will be an entertaining match-up, but I think that PHM will edge it in 4 sets as he has been enjoying the hard courts season with good performaces and he is having the season of his career. He looked threatening against Nadal and was beaten in the final set, but the share of points was nearly 50/50. Verdasco has also had solid build up the the US Open, but I think he will be defeated for the 1st time in the H2H. H2H is 3:0 in favour of Verdasco

Re: US OPEN tennis Strength 10/10 - Marcos Baghdatis to beat Max Mirnyi - 1.14 @ William Hill Baghdatis is a big match player and revels in the grand slams where he plays convincing tennis which makes him a contender for the title. Wheras Max Mirnyi on the other hand is less impressive in the singles and I think will be looking towards the doubles with Jonas Bjorkman where they are ranked 3rd seeds. Mirnyi does have 1-0 record against Baghdatis, but this was on clay a surface which is not the best for Marcos. I can see this being the start of a big tournament of Baghdatis and he should get through to the 2nd week of this slam.

Re: US OPEN tennis Strength 7/10 - John Isner to beat Jarkko Niemienen - 2.78 - Betfair Lets not forget that Isner is very inexpierienced and has only just broken onto the main stage where he is beggining to get recognised, but I cannot ignore the tournament where he made good strides into becoming a top 100 player - Washington . He beat some good player on his run to the final and showed he can play. Standing at an impressive 6"9 He played magnificient and won mostly in third set tie breaks, his serve and volley style backed up with his overwhealming serve speed and trajectory will make him hard to break so he could take it in all tie breaks. Nieminen on the other hand has been playing inconsistently and should be troubled in this match. When the draw was made, Isner was the guy most people were trying to aviod and it looks as if he can build on the good tournament he had in Washington and go further in trying to get into the top 100. Niemiene is understandably favourite here and is ranked much higher than Isner, but do not be surprised if Isner begins to shock once again through the tournie. H2H 0:0 Strength 8/10 - Sebastian Grosjean to beat Paul Goldstein - 1.44 @ Ladbrokes Grosjean has been a consistent performer for a long time on the ATP circuit and can never be discounted when it comes to performing and winning matches. The only thing which makes me question whether he can win is the lack of Tennis he has actually played since Wimbledon - 2 tournaments = 2 matches. Goldstein is rather unpredictable guy and plays his majority of tennis on hard courts. But I think he is not at the same level as Grosjean and he should be easily beaten here. Both players are of a similar age (Goldstein older) so this should not be a problem for Grosjean who has his age always counted against him - I think that this will count for good expierience though when he plays against Goldstein. H2H is 0:0 Strength 9/10 - H.T Lee to beat Domonic Hrbaty - 1.64 @ Betdaq I recently went on a spree of backing Hrbaty, but he showed good form in 1 tournament and then it faded badly - I would not advise baking him. He is inconsistent and this is due to be his last tournament of the season and after he is going to have elbow surgery. Is he playing for the sake of it, or does he believe he can actually win and go far. Well I thnk he is just playing for the sake of it and doesn't actually think he will be getting too far. He is looking towards next season now and looking to get his elbow right for then. To add to this Lee has been in impressive form and is comfortable on hard courts. In L.A and Indianapolis he lost to Roddick and Blake but managed to take a set off each of them and lost once again to Roddick at Washington, before getting beaten 1st round at the Master series event in Canada. H is capable of beating a diffcult opponent in Hrbaty, but if reports are true and this is to be his last tournament then I don't see him putting up much of a fight. H2H 0:0 Thats about it really, cant really write-up write up's for the rest so I will tell you: Simon tb Waske Federer tb Jenkins (Currently at 1.01:loon, lump it on Hodgey and other steady drippers) Murray to beat Cuevas :hope Good luck all, just off to sit back and watch the scores come in.:ok

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventCornet - Stosur
SelectionCornet
Strength10/10
Date27/08/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning50/50 game for me.Stosur is nothing special lately and Cornet played some good matches during quailes.She has big talent and for sure she has abilities to win this one.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventHorna - Luczak
SelectionHorna
Strength10/10
Date27/08/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBlue Square @ 1.50 (Back)
ReasoningLuczak is without form for some time and Horna should take care of him.Maybe four sets but nothing more in my eyes.H2H is 1:0 for Horna on hard.

Strength 9/10 - H.T Lee to beat Domonic Hrbaty - 1.64 @ Betdaq :nana Strength 8/10 - Sebastian Grosjean to beat Paul Goldstein - 1.44 @ Ladbrokes :nana Strength 7/10 - John Isner to beat Jarkko Niemienen - 2.78 - >Betfair:nana Strength 10/10 - Marcos Baghdatis to beat Max Mirnyi - 1.14 @ >William Hill :puke Strength 8/10 - P.H Mathieu to beat Fernando Verdasco - 1.61 @ >PaddyPower :@
Baghdatis hurt me bad, I am not going to lie, he was my banker for yesterday and I wasent even going to write him up, the only reason I did at those odds is because I had him on my betslip. But he bottled it big time. He was 2 sets down, but pulled through the 3rd, only to get to a tiebreak in the 4th set, get 5-1 up and then lose 8-6. How? I don't know, Why? I don't know - I didn't see the full match on T.V but watched the scoreboard as he frustratingly let the tiebreak lead slip and falled to get numerous 1st serves in. PHM also lost after he was 2 sets to love up, but squandered that advantage, good news for people who bet a single on him at Ladbrokes they were giving a full refund, but I didn't :$ Good wins though for Isner (won 2 tie breaks and lost 1), Lee (Got taken to 5, but battled through) and Grosjean (His opponent retired when he was leading - Laddies had it as a win :nana) I will write up some for today which will inevitably win because I have no money on them lol :hope

Re: US OPEN tennis Strength 7/10 - Kristof Vliegen to beat Ivan Ljubicic - 4.00 @ Betfair Ljubicic is a major choker and is someone who I am seriously considering putting on a list of people I will never side with. A major underachiever he has recently been in poor form and I think that he is going to drop out of the top 20 sooner or later. Here is particularly strange when it comes to Granslams and for a player of his caliber and talent here is his record: (Taken from Wikipedia.org)

Tournament199619971998199920002001200220032004200520062007Career SRCareer Win-Loss
Australian OpenAAAA1R1R3R1R2R2RQF1R0 / 88-8
French OpenAAAA1R1R1R3R2R1RSF3R0 / 810-8
WimbledonAAAA1R1R2R2R1R1R3R3R0 / 86-8
U.S. OpenAAA2R1R2R2R2R1R3R1R0 / 86-8
1 quarter and 1 semi in 21 attemptis pretty poor. He usually never makes it to the 2nd week of a slam and I am hoping this will continue by losing here against Vliegen. Vliegen is having a steady year but is slowly drifting the wrong way in the rankings. Ljubicic has lost to worst players and I think he will really have a shot here. Big Big value in this bet IMHO. H2H is 1:0 in favour of Ljubicic Strength 10/10 - Ivo Karlovic to beat Arnaud Clement - 1.75 @ Expekt Ivo serve is great when he is in good form, if he can hit a good percentage of 1st serves in (75%-80%) then I think this will be a hard task for Clement. Ivo is hard to break and has been in some decent form in the run up to this event getting to the semis in both Washington (Beaten by Roddick) and New Haven (Beaten by Fish). In the 2 Master Series events he lost to Melzer in 2 breaker and to Federer. Clement's lead up to the tournament has been mediocre and has got to the 2nd round in each losing to good players. I think that everything will depend on Ivo's serve and if this doesn't fire then it will be a different match, but if it does, 3 tie breakers could decide this one. H2H is 2:2, 1:1 this year and Ivo has won there only encounter on hard courts.

Re: US OPEN tennis Going by Ljubicic's record, he gets knocked out of the 1st round of Grandslams 72% of the time! Good stat IMO :hope. Other thoughs for today, but not long write up picks -

• Stepanek is never a 1/25 play, he has had some terrific form recently, but can never be that high - long shot but the value is definatly with Berlocq (13) .
  • Querrey (1.28), should take care of a inconsistent Koubek when they face each other in the 1st round today. Koubek would prefer to be on clay where some of his better results have come. .
  • Del Potro (1.40) can progress through against Mahut, who doesn't seem to have played too much since he played New Port (Grass). .
  • Santoro (1.36) should progress against a tricky opponent, he has been in decent form in the run up and but Montanes would rather be on clay. .
  • Melzer (1.23) should continue his steady form and sent Hartfield home quicky, Melzer is a strong player and is understandable a good favourite. .
In the Womens draw
  • Granville (1.95) can easily dispose of her opponent (Sanchez) on home soil. She impressed during Wimbledon by taking out Hingis and Bammer and should have no problem winning here. .
  • Szavay (1.26) has been in some impressive form recently and has pushed some big players, she can get through and cause problems for the bigger guns in the later rounds and really annouce herself on the womnes scene. Suggested Bets The Dreaded BANKER!!! = Szavay x Melzer x Santoro = Around 2.11 Del Potro x Querry x Melzer x Szavay x Santoro = Around 3.78

Re: US OPEN tennis Hi guys, following picks for today and tomorrow: US OPEN LADIES PEER TO D TU @ 1.61 at betfair VESNINA TO D KOSTANIC @ 1.3 at ladbrokes Peer might be not at her best lately but still she lost mostly to top 30 players lately winning matches against lower-ranked opponents. The H2H is 4:0 to Peer in matches and 8-1 in sets. Kostanic is completely out-of-form with just 2 wins in her last 12 matches. Vesnina is too consistent and powerful.

Re: US OPEN tennis Side with Granville as well .. telling statistics in this matchup imo are: * Granville 11-17 vs Players inside top 100 this year .. Sanchez 0-2 .. * Granville 4-8 all time at US Open, 21-23 overall in grand slam matches .. Sanchez has only played in two grand slam matches and she's yet to win a match .. * Sanchez has won two tournaments in a row leading into the Open, but you only have to look at the calibre of those events and the players she's beaten to put that winning run into perspective .. * These two players also sit more than 100 places apart on the rankings (Granville 60, Sanchez 167) .. Taking all that into account, give me the higher ranked, higher credentialed, more experienced American on home turf as the slight underdog here ..

Side with Granville as well Agree with Granville big time Granville (1.95) can easily dispose of her opponent
Seems too good to be true, could this be one of the few times the bookies have made a mistake or do they know something we don't (mainly 1.80's and 1.90's)? We shall see, as Granville's price slides to 1.97 in Betfair, hmmm. :eek

Re: US OPEN tennis Pratt 2-0 over Jackson, 2.45 @ Centrebet. 34yo Pratt appears a keen competitor still and has elected to play fewer tournaments as a means of pacing herself through the year. Jackson, despite in her homeland, is struggling to find form. Shvedova 1.90 @ Centrebet. Dellacqua tends to find it too hard when she moves to this grade. Shvedova an up and comer and who's form supports the notion she should be firmer in betting. Pennetta 3.36 @ Pinnacle. Flavia not the most reliable player to back when a seeded favourite but at this price her form stacks up well with Peng. H2H is 2-0 (Wimbledon '06, & Fed Cup '07 was 3rd set w/o). An attractive price should she be in the mood.

Seems too good to be true, could this be one of the few times the bookies have made a mistake or do they know something we don't (mainly 1.80's and 1.90's)? We shall see, as Granville's price slides to 1.97 in Betfair, hmmm. :eek
Punters eating up Sanchez based on her recent tournament wins imo .. Gallovits also looks worth a shot vs Bremond .. Bremond's only played three matches since Wimbledon (0-3) and she's enduring a horrible year (6-21) .. Gallovits' recent results are nothing outstanding (4-5 since Wimbledon) but at least she has some recent wins under her belt and won the only previous encounter between these two ..