** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Daily Naps Saturday 28/07/07

Re: Daily Naps Saturday 28/07/07 420 Ascot : Maraahel 1pt EW With doubts about the fav on the sticky ground and Scorpion not looking that impressive to me this year, i'll go for shock with Maraahel, he has the ability in this low class King George to dictate and if the jockey can use his change of pace like last time he might just nick it or hang on to second at least.

Re: Daily Naps Saturday 28/07/07 Youmzain 4.20 Ascot 1pt ew Out of the last ten runnings of this race 4 yr olds have won it 5 times and only 3 horses in the race fit that trend - Youmzain, Prince Flori and Dylan Thomas. The horse needs to be delivered late and when its got up its just been in the nick of time. Should have no problems with the ground and as most of the other trainers seem worried Channon seems confident of a big run, preparations have been spot on, the race has been a long term target and it is best at middle distances. a 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds for Richard Hughes, back on board today.

Re: Daily Naps Saturday 28/07/07 3.45 Ascot Intrepid Jack EW highlighted in my trends thread, the 20/1 available with Ladbrokes is good value for this consistent performer. Drawn low should be ok & this horse was very unlucky when a nk 2nd to dark missile in the wokingham gaining with every yard. this extra 1f will suit also.

Re: Daily Naps Saturday 28/07/07

Youmzain 4.20 Ascot 1pt ew Out of the last ten runnings of this race 4 yr olds have won it 5 times and only 3 horses in the race fit that trend - Youmzain, Prince Flori and Dylan Thomas. The horse needs to be delivered late and when its got up its just been in the nick of time. Should have no problems with the ground and as most of the other trainers seem worried Channon seems confident of a big run, preparations have been spot on, the race has been a long term target and it is best at middle distances. a 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds for Richard Hughes, back on board today.
That is my nap too for 1 pt e.w (double points.) It produced good form last year against the likes of Rail Link and Red Rocks and started this year with a good run in Dubai. It has not run at its best since but 12f seems its best distance unlike the 10f it raced against Dylan Thomas and Notnowcato earlier this year and despite only two places being available it looks to have a decent chance of doing just that against some rivals with questions to answer.

Re: Daily Naps Saturday 28/07/07 4.20 Ascot DYLAN THOMAS 2pts WIN Well, there are a lot of doubters around that think this will get turned over and I was one of them. However, with the ground drying out and the track looking as if it is riding slightly faster than the going description, Dylan Thomas looks the obvious selection. I feel the horses class will show through here and he will win quite nicely. I think Mick Kinane messed up big time on Scorpion last time when getting into a battle with Maraahel. I just hope Jonny Murtagh steers clear of the game battler Maraahel and goes on to win his own race. Frankie Dettoris mount should go close but I think DT is a class above.

3.45 Ascot Intrepid Jack EW highlighted in my trends thread, the 20/1 available with Ladbrokes is good value for this consistent performer. Drawn low should be ok & this horse was very unlucky when a nk 2nd to dark missile in the wokingham gaining with every yard. this extra 1f will suit also.
NR ! My nap now goes to Dylan Thomas 4.20 Ascot 2pts win this horse is proven group 1 class & its defeat of Ouija Board last term is stand out form. Some say its ungenuine but i think this trip will suit in a true race today & the drying ground will only help more.

Youmzain 4.20 Ascot 1pt ew Out of the last ten runnings of this race 4 yr olds have won it 5 times and only 3 horses in the race fit that trend - Youmzain, Prince Flori and Dylan Thomas. The horse needs to be delivered late and when its got up its just been in the nick of time. Should have no problems with the ground and as most of the other trainers seem worried Channon seems confident of a big run, preparations have been spot on, the race has been a long term target and it is best at middle distances. a 1st, a 2nd and two 3rds for Richard Hughes, back on board today.
That is my nap too for 1 pt e.w (double points.) It produced good form last year against the likes of Rail Link and Red Rocks and started this year with a good run in Dubai. It has not run at its best since but 12f seems its best distance unlike the 10f it raced against Dylan Thomas and Notnowcato earlier this year and despite only two places being available it looks to have a decent chance of doing just that against some rivals with questions to answer.
4.20 Ascot DYLAN THOMAS 2pts WIN Well, there are a lot of doubters around that think this will get turned over and I was one of them. However, with the ground drying out and the track looking as if it is riding slightly faster than the going description, Dylan Thomas looks the obvious selection. I feel the horses class will show through here and he will win quite nicely. I think Mick Kinane messed up big time on Scorpion last time when getting into a battle with Maraahel. I just hope Jonny Murtagh steers clear of the game battler Maraahel and goes on to win his own race. Frankie Dettoris mount should go close but I think DT is a class above.
NR ! My nap now goes to Dylan Thomas 4.20 Ascot 2pts win this horse is proven group 1 class & its defeat of Ouija Board last term is stand out form. Some say its ungenuine but i think this trip will suit in a true race today & the drying ground will only help more.
Well done guys 1st and 2nd.:clap:clap:clap

Re: Daily Naps Saturday 28/07/07 8.30 Lingfield - Mugeba e/w Nice little fancy from me tonight. Have forgotten about this thread, but I miss the jumps :eyes Comes here after a series of solid efforts. Return to this trip will help. Horse ran creditably in first-time cheekpieces at Nottingham last time and has them on today. Sort, who's proven on testing ground and stands a great chance in my eyes. 4 plalces paid, so every reason to be tried with a medium stake. Good luck!