AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29)

Tim Cahill might start in this match instead of being a sub again. Kisnorbo might be replaced my Beauchamp. However I would not dare to touch Socceroos as a banker bet with very high stakes. This is a must win game for Iraqis as well. And another factor to remember is that Australia once again playing the game in earlier hours which mean that it is as hot as last time against Oman. We can see that the Socceroos were struggling with the weather and not played to their maximum potential. Overtime their bodies will adapt to the weather but the question is in 5 days time can they adapt already ? Iraqis is no pushover as well. If they can maintain their intensity like what they did to Thailand in the 1st half' date=' shock results could be in the table today.[/quote'] I guess I can answer my question now. The Aussie has not been able to adapt yet. Their performances is a far cry from the one they shown in the world cup. Well deserved win for the impressive Iraqis side :clap

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Agree with Beejayville. To score just one vs a keeper that does not even know that he is allowed to use his hand to save the ball, is a terrible performance. A League players would suit here more. If Korea and Japan can send their local players and trust them, then should Australia do the same. Look at Lucas Neill. Such a bad performance. So many mistakes and finally the red card. This shows how these players concatrated for the Asian Cup. Still nice to win with the easy OVER 3.5 bet in the last 20 minutes. A full time result that i could never predict before the match, but this result was good for me to win. What else can i want. Maybe just to watch some bench players vs Thailand in the last match. :ok There are some good ones ! Like, Beauchamp, Thwaite, Jason Culina, Carl Valeri, David Carney, Nick Carle and Brett Holman.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Last minute bet. Japan -1.25 AH @ 1.94 betfair[ 3/10 ] Playing late at night when the weather is not so hot + coach is furious, we should see hopefully a reborn japan side here.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Guys this is a freaky day in the Asian Cup :loon:loon:loon:loon:loon:loon:loon If you all noticed. All Asian Cup on Friday the 13th all ended up with a score of 1 - 3 FT !!! So bet correct score 1 - 3 next incoming Friday the 13th :tongue2:tongue2:tongue2:tongue2:tongue2:tongue2 Anyway enough of the lame jokes. Japan is really playing differently in the first half. They were agressive and reap the rewards. Only Ismael Mataar looks threatening in the first half, other than that nothing impressive. I guess those Japs really need a hard :spank session from their coach before they improved soo much. Weather also help them I suppose with the games kicking off quite late. I would say if they keep performing like how they do in the 1st half for the rest of the tournament, they will go a longgggg way in this tournament. The 2nd half was nothing impressive with Japan mostly playing conservatively by possesing the ball as much as possible and try to slowly finding a space. Not as pleasant to watch like in the 1st half except the UAE counter attack which was swift and deadly. Overall a good day too for me 2/2 :).

Both teams with draw in their first matches. Iraq with 1-1 against the home team Thailand. It was a hard match for Iraq, who is going to face a much harder team today when they face a Australian team who needs to win! Australia disappointed in the first match against little Oman, and draw; 1-1 with a fully fit team. Thailand knocked Oman 2-0 yesterday, and stands with four points in a group where only the two best teams qualify to the next round! So, it seems that the looser of this match is hard struggling! Australia! Piks:Irak-Australie 1x=2.23:cheers http://www.bettips.estranky.cz
3:1:cheers:cheers:cheers

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Sunday 15 July - South Korea at 1.57 with Bet365. Bahrein vs South Korea Bahrein lost the first match agaisnt one of the co-organizator country although they started as favourite NT (lost against Indonesia by 2-1) finding many troubles under fit condition and suffering the weather state. South Korea renounce to their biggest names to carry some young footballers to reach international experience, anyway they have a first XI very competitive for the level of Asia Cup and, after they drew their debut game against Saudi Arabia (1-1), they need to win, cause in the last match they will face the home NT and they need to start with table's advantage. Clear chance for South Korea to take the ticket to progress to the next phase.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Malaysia vs Uzbekistan k6b.jpgk6c.jpg Uzbekistan will be boosted by the presence of their most dangerous marksman Maksim Shatskikh, top scorer for two season in Dynamo Kiev for 2000 and 2003 (inset picture), for this vital clash against Malaysia. Despite his shiny records in the Ukrainian top division, he just arrived from Austria on Wednesday. So, will he be able to adapt to the humid and hot weather already ? Last game against Iran, Uzbekistan was quite impressive in the first half. They were working together solidly which shows them as a young and talented squad. However, in the second half it is evident they were not playing like they were in the first half. I suspect the weather had taken some part to blame for that. Nevertheless, for Rauf Inileyev this is a must win game if they want to try qualify for the next stage. Since against China, it would never be easy. Norizan Bakar, Malaysian coach, declared that they have to let their defeat to China out of their mind and completely focus on the game against Uzbekistan. Technically speaking, this might be the only game that they have a chance to get a point or three. China and Iran are far superior than them and in the Chinese case, they triumph resoundly with five goals to one. Despite their defeat to China, Malaysia were not a completely bad team. Most of the goals that China produced was as a results of a very sloppy defending. However, they have individuals who really can hurt the Uzbekistan team tonight like Indra Putra. Now moving to the world of betting, I find no value in taking Uzbekistan on AH -1.5. I'm not really confident in Rauf Inileyev's boys stamina. So they might take it easy as long as they get job done which is to win. A 1 goal victory is not out of the card. On the other hand, undoubtedly the Malaysian team would also love to bow out of this competition carrying some point instead of a big fat delicious donut ZERO. So they will fought hard no doubt. I don't really like the Over 2.75 bet too since this game is played in the earlier session and the weather is still pretty hot. We might not see a high tempo action in the first half. So far, I have not found any value yet. Might need some more time before settling to a bet. Probable Lineups: --------------------------- UZBEKISTAN (4-4-2) 1-Bugalo; 2-Karimov, 4-Ibragimov, 17-Nikolaev, 23-Denisov; 7-Haydarov, 8-Djeparov, 10-Bakaev, 11-Bikmaev; 9-Solomin, 16-Shatskikh Subs: 12-Nesterov, 21-Hasanov, 3-Karaev, 17-Nikolaev, 19-Innomov, 6-Ismailov, 13-Khoshimov, 14-Saidov, 18-Kapadze, 20-Magdeev, 22-Akamov, 15-Geynrikh. Coach: Rauf Inileyev. MALAYSIA (4-4-2) 1-Azizon; 2-Hamzani, 4-Nazrul, 7-Kaironnisam, 3-Fauzie; 10-Hardi, 12-Shukor, 9-Eddy, 11-Norfarhan; 14-Akmal, 13-Indra Putra Subs: 21-Suffian, 6-Thiru, 17-Nantha, 19-Rosdi, 20-Omar, 5-Zamani, 15-Shahrul, 16-A. F. Saari, 18-M. F. Saari, 22-Ivan, 23-Aidil, 8-Safee. Coach: Norizan Bakar.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Indonesia vs Saudi Arabia The host will have to do without Mahyadi Panggabean service today and possibly captain Ponaryo Astaman after both players picking up a knock against Bahrain last week. However, Mahyadi Panggabean is the only sure absentee. If both players will not be playing tonight, Ivan Kolev would most likely to replace them with Eka Ramdani dan Syamsul Chaeruddin. Indonesian midfielders would really have a problem here against a strong physical team like Saudi Arabia. With Firman only 166cm tall while Eka is 160cm and Syamsul is 159cm a long ball could really be exploited by the Saudi Arabian in this match. Not only that, Ponaryo is an experienced captain and influential in the middle of the park for the 'Merah Putih' side. His loss is surely huge. News also have it that the Indonesian might feature with 4-5-1 for this clash instead of their usual aggressive 4-3-3 formation. Luckily for the Indonesian, Saudi is not coming to this tournament with their best possible teams too. With Montashari and Shalhoub missings from the Green Falcon team. However, they are still very dangerous upfront especially with Yasser Al Qahtani leading their spearhead. History also favours Saudi Arabia. From the 2004 World Cup Qualifier for Asia region, Saudi Arabia beat Indonesia quiet comfortably twice. 1 - 3 in Jakarta and 3 - 0 when the Indonesia visit the Saudis. This match has also the potential to be a high scoring one. The Saudi Arabian certainly know how to attack especially against a weak and uncoordinated Indonesian defense. Bahrain should of taken a draw in that last game if they were able to finish their chances. So many time the Indonesian defense were caught pants down when their offside trap failed. Against a side that is stronger physically and more shrewd tactically, those mistakes would surely be punished. Fortunately, the Indonesian might be able to offset this by their offence too. In Budi Sudarsono, Elie Aiboy and Bambang Pamungkas they surely have a lot of firepower to break the Saudis backline. The Gelora Bung Karno stadium also once again is expected to have a higher attendance figures than last time and this would surely fire the Indonesian boys to give it their all. I'm pretty sure if they were 1 goal down to the Saudis, they will chase for it and either they get it or they leave a hole that is to be exploited by the Saudis. My bet tonight would definetely be Over 2.5 Goals. Not only those reasonings above that convinced me to take this, but being this game played at a later time in cooler weather would also help to increase both teams pace in attacking the ball. Betting Pick: Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.83 CANBet [ 6/10 ] Probable Lineups: --------------------------- INDONESIA (4-3-3): 1-Pitoy; 4-Salampessy, 2-Ridwan, 5-Maman, 6-Charis; 15-Firman, 16-Syamsul, 7-Eka; 13-Budi, 8-Elie, 20-Bambang Subs: 12-Ferry Rotinsulu, 14-Ismed Sofyan, 21-Hary Syaputra, 3-Erol Iba, 22-Supardi, 17-Atep, 19-Zaenal Arief, 27-Ahmad Amiruddin, 28-Ahmad Jufriyanto ARAB SAUDI (4-4-2): 1-Yaser Al Mosailem; 2-Ibrahim Hazzazi, 3-Osama Hawsawi, 5-Majed Al Amri, 25-Redha Tukar; 14-Saud Khariri, 6-Omar Al Ghamdi, 16-Khaled Aziz, 30-Ahmed Al Mousa; 9-Malek Maaz, 20-Yasser Al Qahtani Subs: 22-Waleed Abdullah, 18-Abdulrahman Al Qahtani, 26-Abdullah Shuhail, 17-Taiseer Al Jassam, 30-Ahmed Al Mousa, 23-Nassir Al Shamrani, 29-Yousef Al Salem

Group AWinsDrawsLossesGoal DiffPoints
00000332-image.jpg11024
00000334-image.jpg11024
00000333-image.jpg011-21
00000349-image.jpg011-21
Australia in a world of hurt :loon From my reckoning they need to beat Thailand by at least 2 goals, probably 3 to make sure of it. There is no way they will win by 2 goals or more, just not playing well enough, and they will be playing in front of many Thais.

Group AWinsDrawsLossesGoal DiffPoints
00000332-image.jpg11024
00000334-image.jpg11024
00000333-image.jpg011-21
00000349-image.jpg011-21
Australia in a world of hurt :loon From my reckoning they need to beat Thailand by at least 2 goals, probably 3 to make sure of it. There is no way they will win by 2 goals or more, just not playing well enough, and they will be playing in front of many Thais.
Nope, if Iraq wins... all we have to do is WIN! It goes on H2H then goals difference, so in this case Iraq 7 Thai 4 Aus 4 Oman 1 (We beat Thailand in H2H Therefore we cement 2nd spot) :)

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iran at 1.55 (AHC - 0) from Interwetten. Iran vs China I have no doubts about Iran is the better side in this duel. Iran started very slow against Uzbekistan at the debut, before to offer good performance in the second half (they won by 2-1) and missing to score yet in the final. China has had easily job against the horrible Malaysia (5-1), they played normal game, profiting of many mistakes allowed by back line of the opponents and the real weakness of Malaysia, already confirmed against Uzbekistan (lost by 0-5). My choice over this prudent bet is obvious: I think that Iran will never loose against China, at the same time they will play last game against Malaysia, so they have pratically the qualify in their pockets.

Nope' date=' if Iraq wins... all we have to do is WIN! [b']It goes on H2H then goals difference, so in this case Iraq 7 Thai 4 Aus 4 Oman 1 (We beat Thailand in H2H Therefore we cement 2nd spot) :)
How Bizaare! So if Australia beat Thailand we finish above them, but that means if Oman beat Iraq then Oman and Iraq finish above Australia because they both beat Australia. So if Oman win then Australia are out, regardless if we beata Thailand or not. Cos we would be level on points with Oman and Iraq, and they have both beaten us.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) we drew 1-1 with Oman.. so therefore if Oman wins.. we need to beat Thailand by more goals than Oman beat Iraq.. if Iraq wins we just need to beat Thailand.. are u guys sure that it goes on hd2hd before goals difference?

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Thanx for clearing that up D3 :ok I keep thinking we lost to Oman, but we drew. Seems an odd system to have that H2H separates teams. I guess the ladder positions at the moment would show if it does or it doesnt, must find conclusive eveidence tho.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Group Tiebreakers If two or more teams in a group are equal on points on completion of the group matches, their places shall be determined as follows: a) Greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned. b) Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned. c) Greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the teams concerned (Away Goals do not apply in this stage of the competition). d) Goal difference in all the group matches. e) Kicks from the penalty mark if only two teams are involved and they are both on the field of play. f) Drawing of lots. So that would mean that Demma is spot on, and that means Australia only has to win and hope Oman lose. Winning might be the problem tho :)

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) I dont think they count the H2H here. I just read the regulation and the rules below are quoted from AFC Asian Cup Official Rules from Section 9E.

a) Greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the Teams concerned; b) Goal difference resulting from the group matches between the Teams concerned; c) Greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the Teams concerned; d) Goal difference in all the group matches; e) Greater number of goals scored in all the group matches; f) Kicks from the penalty mark if only two Teams are involved and they are both on the field of play; g) Drawing of lots

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) a) Greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the Teams concerned Wouldn't that indicate that if one team beat another team in it's group ie: Australia beat Thailand, wouldn't it mean Australia have more points in the group matches between those 2 teams concerned. Theryby H2h results come before goal difference.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) IN-FIGHTING and wild accusations have split the Socceroos and caused embarrassment in their Asian Cup quest. And the gloves came off yesterday as sniping intensified after Saturday night's humiliating loss to Iraq. It is understood two factions in the team have undermined our Cup campaign. Lucas Neill was named, shamed and made an outcast by coach Graham Arnold. He is suspended for tomorrow's match against Thailand. Neill is accused of sulking because he was denied the captaincy when Mark Viduka decided to play on. "When you have players whose priority is to lobby to be captain, then the team suffers -- that's what happened against Iraq," one player said. The team that won our hearts last year fighting for each other in the World Cup in Germany is a brawling rabble. An anti-Arnold source complained the coach should look at his performance before questioning the players' commitment to the green-and-gold strip. Arnold's game plan was confusing and lacked the security of Guus Hiddink's World Cup tactics, he said. Then there are those blaming egos for the team's form. "Players are more concerned with getting a few more dollars from the FFA than doing their best for Australia," one player said

a) Greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the Teams concerned Wouldn't that indicate that if one team beat another team in it's group ie: Australia beat Thailand, wouldn't mean Australia have more points in the group matches between those 2 teams concerned. Theryby H2h results come before goal difference.
After reading more carefully again, yep I guess that rule a) means H2H. My bad, Demma is absolutely spot on :ok. The sentence is a bit ambiguos imo, because it says obtained in the group matches and between the teams concerned. And since two team in the same group can only face each other once. However :
In the league system the ranking in each group is determined as follows: i. Greater number of points obtained in all group matches;
I guess that clears it all.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) China vs Iran The most awaited clash in Group C will be played tonight. This will surely be a clash of the Asian titans. With so many European experienced players on both team, this match is surely not to be missed. The best are yet to come from the Chinese. Despite beating Malaysia easily 5 - 1 last time, this time around it would not be so easy. Good news for the Chinese though that this time Amir Ghalenoei, Iranian Coach, wouldn't be able to marshall its troop from the touchline today. This is due to the water bottle throwing incident on their last match against Uzbekistan. Arguably, the Chinese are under bigger pressure to win this game compared to 'Team Melli'. Since Iran will face Malaysian next game and they are expected to win against them easily like their other two opponents in the group. While China will face a do or die battle against Uzbekistan next incoming games. By sealing a win in this game, the winner will most likely to top the group. Looking at their past performances so far in the tournament, the Iranian teamwork is definitely not as good as the Chinese. However, it is not really a fair comparison since the Chinese faced a poor Malaysian side. While the Iranian is facing a youth side with a lot of fighting quality in it. Lucky for them that super substitution Javad Kazemian worked very well in the second half. I expect that Javad now will start from the kick-off too in this clash. H2H really favours the Iranian here with 15 past meetings resulted in China triumphing 3 times only. However, most of those history are ancient already and are definetely not the accurate reflection of both team current strength. Betting wise, I favour Under 2.5 Goals in this match. I can't really see both team going gung-ho looking for goals straight away. Since a draw is not a bad results for them too. Both team are well aware that leaving any hole in their back could be costly, so I can see prudent approach from both team. The weather would also be another factor here, since they start the match early today. Probable Lineups: --------------------------- CINA (4-4-2) 1-L. L. Li; 7-J. H. Sun, 4-Y. K. Zhang, 5-W. F. Li, 3-X. Sun; 6-J. Y. Shao, 15-D. Wang, 10-Zh. Zheng, 18-H. B. Zhou; 9-P. Han, 11-F. Z. Dong Subs: 22-J. Yang, 30-L. Zong, 2-W. Du, 13-S. Zhang, 16-M. Y. Ji, 23-Y. Cao, 8-T. Li, 12-X. R. Zhao, 19-Bin Zheng, 20-J. Q. Mao, 14-T. Zhu, 21-P. Wang. Coach: Zhu Guanghu. IRAN (3-5-2) 1-Rodbarian; 5-Rezaei, 12-Hosseini, 6-Nekounam; 2-Mahdavikia, 7-Zandi, 8-Karimi, 16-Enayati, 4-A. Teymourian; 9-Hashemian, 17-Kazemian Subs: 22-Talebloo, 3-Sadeghi, 13-Kaebi, 14-Aghily, 20-Nosrati, 23-Asadi, 11-Madanchi, 14-Mobali, 19-Sadeghisenjani, 21-Nori, 10-Khatibi, 18-Rajabzabeh. Coach: Amir Ghalenoei. Betting Pick: Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.93 Pinnacle [ 5/10 ]

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iran Iran has the class edge over the Chinese especially with the likes of Karimi. They will look to win this game and sew up a quarter final spot (and where they can rest some players against Malaysia). They managed to beat the Uzbeki's 2-1 and will derive great benefit of that win to press on here and get the win. Also Iran has a great record against the Chinese and will have the opportunity to continue that here South Korea -1 (EH) They should have no problem accounting for Bahrain if it based on their rpectives first games. The South Koreans were very impressive while the Bahraini's didn't show much. As one of the tournament favourites they should live up this tag with another good peformance.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) 16th of July Qatar to beat EAU (-1 ah) This match connected with the result of other last game of the Group (Vietnam vs. Japan). Qatar need to win without doubts, but always to wait for a failure in the other match, cause in case to arrive with similar points, then Vietnam and Japan, ending with high score result, by 2-2 and over, will reach the 1/8 final for the rule to consider the difference of goals scored between the team concerned (so at the same points) and Qatar will have the worst state. All in all Qatar has most quality, organization and many experienced footballers to regulate EAU and more both NT have too friendly relationships. No doubts about Qatar to go to win.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) 16th of July Vietnam vs Japan: Draw at 3.30 by Interwetten. Bookies are giving large favourite Japan, but a final draw score with many goals will exclude Qatar (always if they will beat EAU), from to be qualified to the 1/8 finals. No doubt that Japan is more stronger than Vietnam in all the components, but in the first 2 matches played, I didn't watch for Japan really convincent and able to trash their opponents. Vietnam, started as complete underdog of the Group, is far 1 point and some goals (maybe) from final qualify and, in front of their fanatic crowd, they have shown to be able to have double boost. To add that there aren't spaces for mistakes: the NT that will loose this game will be eliminated (if Qatar will win), so I don't know really how Japan want to risk and how they will face the high morale state of the hosts.

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Asian Cup Soccer - Japan - spread -1 (+101) for the regulation time held on Jul 16 at 5:20am [pending] Soccer - Vietnam/Japan - total Over 2½ (-135) for the regulation time held on Jul 16 at 5:20am [pending] Soccer - Thailand/Australia - total Over 2½ (-154) for the regulation time held on Jul 16 at 7:35am [pending] Not much time to explain, but I expect a lot of attacking from both teams in both these games. The Aussies especially need an extremely convincing win if they will have any prayer to advance to the q-finals...

Re: AFC Asian Cup 2007 (July 7-July 29) Iraq at 1.70 by Interwetten (AHC - 0) to beat Oman. Iraq (4 points) need just 1 point to be safe to go through the preliminar phase. They are leading the Group togheter with Thailand and they have 3 advantage points over Australia and Oman. They played very impressive in the first 2 days: they limited the debut, at home, of Thailand (draw by 1-1) and they trashed Australia (by 3-1) playing a solid and convincent game. Today they will face Oman, that was defeated by Thailand (0-2) after the started draw score with Australia and the differential gap power seem large, more Iraq could loose even by 1 goal to obtain the qualify, if Australia will not beat Thailand by 2 margin goals. All in all I don't think that Iraq will play to loose and they can have the max possible from necessity of Oman to attack and attack.