Tennis - Wimbledon

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Surely not a banker. Arthurs smashed Robredo in straight sets. This game should be even betting. Arthurs is a big chance. A battle of the old men!

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon To win the Men's tournament TSONGA at 320 on betfair. Was at Wimbledon yesterday and saw him win staight set over Lopez. It is nearly impossible to break his serve and he has perfect game for grass, volley and moves really well. For me the best outsider. Plus he has immense confidence serving 3 aces and a winning serve to conclude the match. I took £30.00 for him to win. the odds will go down.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon I think he is after backing Tsonga with a view to laying him off if he wins the next two games and reaches the semi finals. Tsonga is a good player no doubt, probably one for the future. But i agree that 320 is too big a price and offers a great opportunity to lay it off in later rounds

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Weather is awfull so I don't know if there is any sense picking winners today :) Matches will probably be interupted by rain all the time and this can have influence on results.If the weather wasn't that bad I would take Paszek, Azarenka and Radwanska.But I will stay away.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

I think he is after backing Tsonga with a view to laying him off if he wins the next two games and reaches the semi finals. Tsonga is a good player no doubt' date=' probably one for the future. [b']But i agree that 320 is too big a price and offers a great opportunity to lay it off in later rounds
That's all that matters. Money management considered, there is NEVER any wasted bet in backing someone that you strongly consider is over the odds (after all, bookmakers themselves all the time back options that are unlikely to win ;);););)). Good luck makk. The fact that he probably won't win doesn't disprove the quality of bet.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Shouldn't be too hard to guess who will win Wimbledon once again this year as Federer is unstopable. The only question is who will play with him in the final? Well let me tell you I just cannot see someone so strong to challenge him in the final unless Nadal. He is improving year by year on grass which he proved even last year playing in the final, and I don't see the reason why he shouldn't be there once again. The only obstacle I see for him it's Hewitt, which only seem to be capable to fight with Nadal, while Rodick will have to play with Federer in semis. I'll try Nadal to be in the final, betfair @2.82. And cover small with Hewitt, betfair @6. ([email protected])GL~

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon First tough match for Serena imo. Hantuchova is in good form on grass and I'm sure Serena won't trash her. Is girl from Slovakia capable of surprising her I don't know but I at least she shouldn't sell her skin cheap. If this goes in 3 sets the bet is won but even in 2 like 6:4 6:4 and it's still won! And definetely Hantuchova is capable of taking at least 4 games in every set they play, so pick Over 19.5 games, 10bet @1.91.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventYouzhny - Nieminen
SelectionNieminen
Strength10/10
Date02/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.60 (Back)
ReasoningGreat pick imho.Nieminen is really good on grass and Youzhny is not convincing at all.He should already be out of this tournament but he somehow managed to win over Simon.This is more like 50/50 match for me.H2H is 2:0 for Youzhny but both were 3 set matches and Nieminen gave really hard time to Youzhny.I'm going with Jarkko here.

Any thoughts on the paszek -dementieva match guys? I think paszek is a good chance a $2.60.
Great win for the 16.year old:drums !!:nana Hope some others got a piece of the action

EventRichard Gasquet - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
SelectionRichard Gasquet
Strength10/10
Date03/07/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.46 (Back)
ReasoningRichard Gasquet havent dropped serve for last three games and look to have great self-confidence. He also plays great from the baseline and enjoys attacking players like Tsonga so he han use his accurate shots to pass him when being attacked by the net.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Henin won RG in great style and is doing great here in Wimbledon aswell. Grass is not here favourite surface for sure but nevertheless she's in great form here and for others we can't say that definetely. Sharapova, Serena and also Mauresmo are far from their best imo and in such situation Henin have big chances to win his first Wimbledon. Pick Henin to win Wimbledon, betfair @2.22. GL~

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Predictions on the Soderling vs. Nadal match? Looking to get some insight. I felt Nadal was a sure thing, but I've been proven wrong. The rain delays, and game suspensions are making it difficult for Nadal. I hope he pulls through.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hi guys, following picks for Wimbledon: SODERLING TO D NADAL @ 2.8 at pinnacle DAVYDENKO TO D BAGHDATIS @ 2.95 at pinnacle At 4:4 in the 5th set with momentum in Soderling’s favor - it is a 50/50 match. Worth taking at the odds of 2.8. Another 50/50 match between Davydenko and Baghdatis. Baghadatis definitely had better grass court results but this year Davydenko looked really impressive. Baghdatis likes to defend and does not like to attack and he will have to do it against Davydenko.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon First post so hope disagreeing with previous Dav v Bag prediction comes in. Davydenko played well enough against Monfils, but Monfils was awful rather than Davy being great. Monfils could not get returnable serves over the net and tried to take the machine Davydenko on from the baseline, rarely coming in to the net. Baghdatis only needs to keep his head in place as he can play grass court tennis as he convincingly showed against Nalbandian. Only down side is value @1.5 Betfair

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKrajicek - Bartoli
SelectionBartoli
Strength10/10
Date04/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.75 (Back)
ReasoningChoice is easy for me here.Bartoli is in form of her life.She has 10-2 record on grass this year and so far she is playing great.My only concern here is that she may be a little bit tired after playing so many matches lately.H2H is 1:0 for Bartoli.Krajicek is not easy opponent but in the end Bartoli should be a winner in this one.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon A. Roddick – R. Gasquet Pick: A. Roddick Odds: 1.44 @ Unibet Stake: 6/10 Gasquet beat Tsonga with 3:0 today, but he didn’t impress me at all. He played very defensively without attacking and the main reason that he won is because impatient game that Tsonga played. Tsonga also made great number of unforced errors (he had many winners too) and that was the main reason why Gasquet is in the quarter finals. Roddick is dominating in his matches with his great serve and although he entered this tournament not in the best shape, he is playing very good tennis. I think with the tennis that he is playing at the moment is too much for Gasquet. His attacking style is much better that Tsonga’s and Gasquet will have big troubles with his defensive approach. These players meet each other twice so far, Roddick won both losing one set and winning four.