** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis - Wimbledon

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hewitt - I have been thinking about this match heaps.. More or less due to the fact that Novak was saying hes getting mentally exhausted and will find it hard to cope playing everyday being at such a young age. Hewitt is a fighter & in other words does not give a fcuk, he wants to go out and win it all, he doesn't care about playing every day, thats why i love this bloke so much! Fights for Aus! H2H 1-0 (Hewitt favour), Having said that Hewitt to go through to Vs. Baghdatis Or Davydenko. - Game @ 9pm + Roddick - I watched the Gasquet Vs. Tsonga match & to be honest Gasquet didn’t impress me! Tsonga had many U/E. Roddick hasn’t played at his best, but has still won, and quite easily too. The tennis hes playing is a class above that of Gasquets. These players meet each other twice so far, Roddick won both losing one set and winning four. H2H 2-0 (Roddick Favour). - Game @ 11:30pm + Nadal - That Soderling match is in the past! Boom, put in the back of the cupboard never to be spoken about again, having said that Youzhny struggled against Gilles Simon & nearly lost! So they are about equal!…Nadal can’t play any worse & he will show tonight that he is a man on a mission! He wants Fed! H2H 4-3 (Nadal favour) However all on Clay or Hard… Youzhny does have a back injury, & this is where Nadal should capitilize! – Game @ 9pm. Hewitt + Roddick + Nadal @ $3.34 - 1 key – Return = $3334 Good Luck!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventRoddick - Gasquet
SelectionGasquet
Strength10/10
Date05/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.40 (Back)
ReasoningRoddick has great record on grass but it's mainly because of his huge serve.When he is playing against good returner which Gasquet surely is Roddick can have many problems.Gasquet is in rather good form and he has a lot more to offer here than his opponent.I believe that Gasquet has the game to trouble Andy and with a bit of luck he will win it.Richard already played one big server yesterday and he had no problems with Tsonga.So Andy go home !!! :)

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Quarter final, Federer - Ferrero. I was really impressed with Juan Carlos in his previous matches. El Mosquito is in great form serving really solid and reminding of his best days. He beat Blake in third round 3:1 in sets and then in 4th round Tipsarevic 3:0. Federer had few days off as Haas has to retire due to injury so Roge is without a match for couple of days now, which is not really ideal thing for a tennis player imo although rest is always a good thing. I believe Ferrero can put a good fight today and not get trashed. His form till now make me confident about it. I'll try Ferrero +8, bet365 @2.00. GL~

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventWilliams - Ivanovic set hc
SelectionIvanovic +1.5 set (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date05/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price>10bet @ 2.05 (Back)
ReasoningOk I know that Venus is favourite here and all but that odds are just crazy.Ivanovic survived today a hell of a game against Vaidisova defending few match points.He is now full of confidence and ready to get her second grand slam final this year.Venus is also in top form so that's why I will go here only with set hc.But Ivanovic straight win is also worth a shot.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventNadal - Berdych
SelectionBerdych
Strength10/10
Date05/07/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.38 (Back)
ReasoningNadal should be already out of the tournament after today match against Youzhny but he was lucky as Youzhny got injury and he had problems with playing on good level.But in the first two sets Youzhny was all over Nadal.Rafa had nothing to offer and he easilly losed first two sets.Berdych is in top form.Today he won comfortably against Bjorkman.H2H is 3:0 for Berdych on fast surfaces.Berdych can bring the game that Rafa don't like and he can take another win.Pure value for me.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Hi guys, following pick for Wimbledon: BERDYCH TO D NADAL @ 2.28 at pinnacle Berdych is exactly the type of player that Nadal doesn't want to play on any surface, and especially on grass. Berdych has a very good serve and more power from the baseline, which does not allow Nadal much time to defend. That's why the H2H is 3:0 to Berdych on surfaces other than clay (with Nadal winning both clay court matches).

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon V. Williams – M. Bartoli

Marion Bartoli made huge surprise after reaching the final, beating number 1 player Henin today. She had great matches in previous two rounds too, beating Krajicek and Jankovic. But, reaching the final for the first time on bigger events can put psychological pressure. Bartoli, until now, have never passed third round on Wimbledon.

Venus Williams raised her form and in style of play she reminds a lot on the times when she was the best. Not only trashing last three opponents without giving a set, but she is dominating the whole match. Beating names like Sharapova, Kuznetsova and Ivanovic all with 2:0 will give Williams great boost of confidence and playing on the final of her favorite tournament, I cannot see another outcome than convincing 2:0 over Bartoli for her fourth Wimbledon title.

Pick: V. Williams to win 2:0; Odds: 1.72; Bookmaker: Bet365; Stake: 6 units

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon R. Federer – R. Gasquet

Although Gasquet fought back against Roddick, tomorrow I do not think that he has even a slim change against great Federer. Gasquet took advantage of Roddick’s weak spots and with great fight he managed to get back on the match after losing 2:0 and to win at the end. Now he is playing against Federer who doesn’t have even one single weak spot and his going to the net is much better than Roddick’s. I think that Gasquet will not give up and give his best again, but playing against the God of Wimbledon who lost only one set so far, in quarter-finals from Ferrero, is giving very slim chances to make another surprise.

Federer is aiming for his fifth consecutive Wimbledon title and he will try to finish this match as soon as possible in order to be ready and rested for the final that will be played the next day. Gasquet had tough time with Roddick today and played 3 hours and 34 minutes and he will be more tired than Federer.

These two players meet each other six times so far, Federer won last five of them and the only one loss he suffered was on clay in 2005. In the other five matches, Federer lost two sets, one on hard last year and at Halle on grass.

Federer have different approach than Roddick and he is trying to win every point, not just the points on his serve, like Roddick. He will need a rest before final, probably with his biggest opponent and will try to finish the match as earlier as possible.

Pick: Federer 3:0; Odds: 1.66; Bookmaker: Bet365; Stake: 4 units

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Djokovic played 2 matches in last two days, one 4 hours and one 5 hours. These were the longest matches in this year's Wimbledon. And today he have to play the semifinal aswell, and with who? With Nadal, the guy with best stamina on the circuit who had an easy job beating Berdych in 3 sets. So I don't give much chances to Djokovic with more fresh Nadal, I think it's mission impossible for Serbian player. He's definetely tired and I just cannot imagine him winning 3 sets with such fighter as Nadal is. Djokovic is great,great talent but I think with current condition he won't be able to win with Nadal yet. I will LAY Djokovic, [email protected]. GL~

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon Well, odds are low but there's no other way here. Federer will win it once again.. Seems like it will be the repeat of last year, and seems like Federer will have his revenge from Roland Garros where Nadal is the king. But on grass Federer is the one who's unbeatable so once again Wimbledon should be in his pocket. Pick Federer to win Wimbledon, [email protected]. GL~

Djokovic played 2 matches in last two days, one 4 hours and one 5 hours. These were the longest matches in this year's Wimbledon. And today he have to play the semifinal aswell, and with who? With Nadal, the guy with best stamina on the circuit who had an easy job beating Berdych in 3 sets. So I don't give much chances to Djokovic with more fresh Nadal, I think it's mission impossible for Serbian player. He's definetely tired and I just cannot imagine him winning 3 sets with such fighter as Nadal is. Djokovic is great,great talent but I think with current condition he won't be able to win with Nadal yet. I will LAY Djokovic, [email protected]. GL~
Good analysis but i will lay Nadal all the way today. I missed out on yesterday's surprises, failed to become rich so I must try today. ;) Anyway, I truly believe that Djoko got the game to beat Nadal on grass, on any surface as a matter of fact. Just hope he can still keep up in terms of stamina.

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMelo/Sa - Clement/Llodra
SelectionMelo/Sa
Strength10/10
Date07/07/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.42 (Back)
ReasoningMelo/Sa are playing great tournament so far beating Knowles/Nestor and Hanley/Ullyett.Two great double pairs.Clement/Llodra are not the pair that they can't match with and I believe that today Melo/Sa will give a nice fight to French guys.

Re: Tennis - Wimbledon R. Federer – R. Nadal Federer lost only one set so far on this Wimbledon and, in my opinion, mainly because he underestimated Fererro. Today he trashed Gasquet very fast with 3:0 showing who the king of the grass is. Nadal had some huge troubles in previous rounds. He leaded 2:0 against Soderling but at the end he managed to beat him in the fifth set. In the next round, he was down 2:0 from Youzhny and when everyone was thinking that his journey will come to an end, Youzhny got injured and Nadal fought back and trashed him in the next three sets. His progress on grass is evident, but still he is not playing great tennis on this surface. What I could see in previous final of these two players? Federer have fear when he is playing against Nadal, he was scared at Roland Garros, but today he is on home court, he is on Wimbledon, the place that he won last four years. He has amazing unbeaten run on grass and I find very hard to see Nadal giving a hard time to him today. Although Nadal beat him 8 times in their 12 matches, I think that this is the time the best player in the world to show who is who on the tennis courts. I think that Federer will give his maximum effort in order to trash Nadal and to revenge for his loss on Roland Garros. Although everyone thinks that Nadal will take at least one set, I believe that Federer knows his surface very well, and the factor revenge will have great part of this match. I think that is very possible to see him playing at his best, not giving a single set to his opponent. Last year’s final at Wimbledon, Federer won with 3:1 and I know that since then, Nadal improved a lot on grass, but Federer knows how to handle pressure and my choise for today’s final will be 3:0 for the King of grass. Pick: R. Federer to win 3:0; Odds: 2.30; Bookamker: UniBet; Stake: 2 Units

R. Federer – R. Nadal Federer lost only one set so far on this Wimbledon and, in my opinion, mainly because he underestimated Fererro. Today he trashed Gasquet very fast with 3:0 showing who the king of the grass is. Nadal had some huge troubles in previous rounds. He leaded 2:0 against Soderling but at the end he managed to beat him in the fifth set. In the next round, he was down 2:0 from Youzhny and when everyone was thinking that his journey will come to an end, Youzhny got injured and Nadal fought back and trashed him in the next three sets. His progress on grass is evident, but still he is not playing great tennis on this surface. What I could see in previous final of these two players? Federer have fear when he is playing against Nadal, he was scared at Roland Garros, but today he is on home court, he is on Wimbledon, the place that he won last four years. He has amazing unbeaten run on grass and I find very hard to see Nadal giving a hard time to him today. Although Nadal beat him 8 times in their 12 matches, I think that this is the time the best player in the world to show who is who on the tennis courts. I think that Federer will give his maximum effort in order to trash Nadal and to revenge for his loss on Roland Garros. Although everyone thinks that Nadal will take at least one set, I believe that Federer knows his surface very well, and the factor revenge will have great part of this match. I think that is very possible to see him playing at his best, not giving a single set to his opponent. Last year’s final at Wimbledon, Federer won with 3:1 and I know that since then, Nadal improved a lot on grass, but Federer knows how to handle pressure and my choise for today’s final will be 3:0 for the King of grass. Pick: R. Federer to win 3:0; Odds: 2.30; Bookamker: UniBet; Stake: 2 Units
I will have to disagree on this, and I think we could see a repeat of last years final (3-1). Nadal is a fighter, and has proved that time and time again, I can see him getting at least a set today. Lay Federer 3-0 @ 2.12 Betfair.

Well it seems the only man who can stop Federer is Nadal. Federer really shouldn't have any trouble with anyone else on grass having just beaten the best of the rest on clay so he looks like a dead cert to make the final. Nadal meanwhile has been improving on grass of late and will be really keen to silence those who say he can only win on clay. Final R Federer v R Nadal @ 2/1 (Paddy Power)
missed out on wayne's 11/4 but still a useful winner :beer

I will have to disagree on this, and I think we could see a repeat of last years final (3-1). Nadal is a fighter, and has proved that time and time again, I can see him getting at least a set today. Lay Federer 3-0 @ 2.12 Betfair.
Easy :nana