Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con?

Cassius Marcellus

If not, and you want to 'con' your mates, leave a message and I'll put it on here. This is what will happen :- If you 'mark' has a pair, you will have two pairs. If your 'mark' has two pairs, you will have a prial. If your 'mark' has a prial, you will have a full house. You play in what looks like 3 'straight' deals. if your 'mark' wants to carry on after he's lost the first deal (which you won't lose). You could lose deal two, it depends on your 'mark' and what he considers to be good cards. You will not lose deal three. You will win either 2-1, or 3-0. Very hard for your 'mark' to spot the 'con'. Minimal card skill required, no poker skill needed at all. APOLOGIES IF LOTS OF YOU KNOW IT ALREADY I'm new here and don't normally come on to this forum as I don't play poker. But as it's poker related this is the proper place for it.

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? Having played a tonne load of cards for a lot of money over the last couple of yrs i personally feel sick at the thought of being conned or conning someone else at a game of cards :loon:loon

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con?

I admit Imay have been a bit harsh but the word con and cards just don't mix with me. If he had phrased it "a card trick" I may have viewed it differently.:ok
I don't know much about the card trick but 58 posts in his first 3 days is a good feckin effort!! :loon TQM

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? Afternoon chaps and chappesseseseses.... I'm not going to get a ban for complaints for posting this trick or 'con', so if anybody wants to know it, leave a message on here and I'll PM it if you're set up to accept them. Must be getting on for 60 posts by now, and warming up nicely, thank you. I was a prolific poster on BF :tongue2 but I've cut down now.

Alright. It's a trick. Who wants it by PM now? I don't know much about the card trick but 58 posts in his first 3 days is a good feckin effort!! :loon TQM - were you on BF as SD? Just a thought :unsure
Just post it, you won't be banned:ok

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? Go on fella stick it up could be a bit of fun in the pub. It's just like the Real Hustle programme(to all of you who hate the word con plus it might save you a few quid if some one plays it on you:tongue2 ) so it's worth sticking up here and if it's half decent you could use it as a joke at the opening of a home game of poker:ok

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? I have purposefully made this first part long-winded as I have tried to explain everything in detail. Please read it first, don't look at the length of it and think 'Fcuk that for a game.' Once you get it to work, and it's not hard, your mates will be stumped how you win when they have the choice of cards. :ok You need 3 deals to complete the illusion that the person you play against had had a free choice of cards. In fact, the only deal where he has a free choice is deal number 2, where it's even money that you beat each other. If he loses deal number 2, he is now 2-0 down and can't win a best of 3, so you can always save deal 3 for another time if you wish. These can be played as 3 separate tricks but you could lose on trick 2. Best of 3 will make sure you win, and if it goes 1-1, your opponent will think he has a chance of winning 2-1. In reality, he has no chance. :ok Absolute minimal card skill may be required for deal number 1, but only if you bend a corner of a card. No manipulation, marking or manual dexterity is required for deal 2 or deal 3.... :ok And the instructions are a lot shorter as the trick is a lot quicker... :loon :loon They are dead simple, your opponent will deal his own fate by accepting the rules thinking that he has a chance of winning.

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? LET'S GET STARTED Take 10 cards from a standard deck, consisting of three prials and an Ace, the suits are immaterial as nobody can get a flush. Somehow you need to mark the Ace so only you can see it. With new cards it's usually a small dot wth a pen somehwere in the pattern, or a very slight bend in a corner. If you play with old delapidated cards, a thumbnail line will probably not be noticed. For deal number one to work, you need to sit OPPOSITE your opponent, not next to him. It doesn't matter where you sit for deals 2 and 3 DEAL NUMBER ONE Deal the 10 cards in one straight line across the table, face down. Important - AS YOU ARE DEALING, DO NOT COUNT OUT LOUD :ok Be sure you know where the Ace is situated. Tell your opponent he can have the 5 odd numbered cards, or the 5 even numbered cards. There is a psychological twist here as everybody counts from left to right, whether they are left or right handed. If the Ace is in an ODD numbered place (from left to right) and he asks for the ODD numbered cards, give him card numbers 1-3-5-7 and 9 starting from YOUR LEFT and call the card number as you do so, and he will see nothing wrong with the way you deal them to him as long as you say 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 as you push them towards him. This is because there is nothing wrong with the way you are facing the table. If the Ace is in an ODD numbered place (from left to right) and he asks for the EVEN numbered cards, you give him card numbers 9, 7, 5, 3 and 1 STARTING FROM THE RIGHT HAND SIDE and count aloud by calling them 2-4-6-8 and 10. He will see nothing as he assumes that card number 1 is on HIS extreme left. If the Ace is in an EVEN numbered place (from left to right) and he asks for the EVEN numbered cards, give him card numbers 2-4-6-8 and 10 starting from YOUR LEFT and call the card number as you do so. He will see nothing wrong with the way you deal them to him as long as you say. 2-4-6-8-10 as you push them towards him. This is because there is nothing wrong with the way you are facing the table. If the Ace is in an EVEN numbered place (from left to right) and he asks for the ODD numbered cards, give him card numbers 10, 8, 6, 4, and 2 STARTING FROM YOUR RIGHT and call the card numbers 1.3. 5, 7 and 9 as you do so. Once again, he will see nothing as he assumes that card number 1 is on HIS extreme left. Put your hands on your head. You could put them in your lap, but this won't attract an audience.. :loon :loon Ask him to agree that they are his personal choice of 5 cards, and you have not done any dodgy shuffles, card switches or other tricks. When he has agreed, as he should, ask him if he fancies betting a pint on the outcome. Be pleased if he says ' Yes' Ask him to turn his cards over. Then ask him to turn your cards over. Now ask him to get you a beer. :ok :ok Wh you have your beer, ask him if he wants to try again with a different method to try and win his pint back. He will agree, well, 99% of people do. If he does, go to DEAL 2. (I'm off For a cuppa, back in about 15 minutes with DEAL TWO)

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? Practice DEAL ONE before going on to this. My 10 year old nephew got his head round DEAL ONE in about an hour. You lot are card players, and should understand the instructions much faster. My father-in-law, a non card player, has been 'had over' for double pocket money about four times by my nephew, and he just says ' Grandad, I just got lucky, maybe next time it will be your turn.' I don't think so.. :loon :loon :loon DEAL NUMBER TWO It is said that poker players themselves (all you lot reading this) as well as non-poker players, will cock up deal 2 and deal themselves a losing hand, despite being able to see every card before they decide to accept it, or reject it. I don't know if this is true as 1) I know how the trick works and 2) I don't play poker Ask him if he would like to choose his cards himself after he has seen them one by one. The only rule is that once he has placed a card in front of himself or in front of you, he cannot change his mind. He will definitely go for this method to get his pint back. Shuffle the 10 cards. Place them face down in one pile. Put your hands on your head. Ask him to pick up the top card and look at it, but don't let you see it. If he wants it, ask him to put it face down in front of him. If he doesn't want it, ask him to put it face down in front of you. When he has chosen five cards (these may even be the first five on the pile) the rest are yours. Keep your hands on your head. Ask him to turn his cards over. Then ask him to turn your cards over. It's even money if gets his pint back. :ok If he lost he owes you one more pint :lol If he won, ask him if he'd like one more blind deal as nobody likes a dead heat.. :dude If he agrees, there is only one proviso left for DEAL THREE. This is that when he has his 5 cards, if he wants to, he can swap any card in his hand, for any face down card of yours. And that after he has made his mind up to swap ot not to swap, that you can swap any card in your hand for any face down card of his.. If he agrees we go to DEAL NUMBER THREE Coming next...

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? DEAL NUMBER THREE It may be apparent by now to card players that all you care about is where the Ace is situated. :ok Deal the 10 cards face down onto the table. Ask him to to take any five. Pick your 5 cards up at the same time as him. As quickly as you can while he is looking at his cards, look at your cards, if you haven't got the Ace, just put your cards back down on the table, face down. If you have the Ace, speedily put it on the top of your cards and put them back on the table, face down. There is no need to do this but it looks a better trick if you swap a 'blind' card to him as he thinks you've not seen it. :ok When he slides you his 'swap' card, casually look at it. If it's the Ace, shuffle it it nto your cards but make sure you give it back to him on your ' swap'. If it's not the Ace, and you don't have it, slide it to one side and ask him to pick any one of your 5 cards. To sum all this up in one line :- Just make sure that after your 'swaps', he has the Ace. Whoever has the Ace, will ALWAYS lose. Have fun with it.

is it me???? I have read this 3 times and I still dont get it :$
We must both be thick sods Bri cos I don't get it either. Don't really see how you win. :wall As Paul Daniels would say - You'll like it, not a lot. ;)

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? We must both be thick sods :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon Take 10 cards from the deck - any 3 prials (except Aces) and one Ace Arrange them into two hands, one for you and one for your girlfriend/wife/mistress/boyfriend/civil partner/blow-up doll Try to get a better hand than your opponent with the Ace in YOUR hand. It can't be done. Result: your girlfriend/wife/mistress/boyfriend/civil partner/blow-up doll is better at poker than you :loon :loon :loon :loon :loon Now all you need to do is learn how to make sure they get the Ace so that you win, instead of them. Back to the start. Simple for my 10 year old nephew.:ok

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? Must admit at first it didn't make sense to me, however just take a few minutes to think it through and realisation hits that the hand containing the Ace is always the loser... Best hand with the ace is a prial and one other card...therefore three of a kind with Ace kicker. The other hand will always contain the remaining five cards...GOT to be a full house of course. Next best is two pair with the ace...opponent will hold the other prial. Finally one pair, ace and two unmatched cards...opponent holds two pair. So you CANNOT POSSIBLY make the winning hand using the ace.

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? At last....the facking penny drops... :lol :lol Deal 1 GUARANTEES that you do NOT get the Ace, therefore you win. Deal 3 GUARANTEES that you do NOT get the Ace, therefore you win. In DEAL 2 your opponent picks his own cards, AFTER seeing them. If he sees the Ace in the first few cards, he will probably take it, and he will LOSE. If it is in the last few cards, he will have, in all probability, already picked the winning hand by not having a chance to pick the Ace, as he hasn't seen it. Thats why it's EVENS that either of you win Deal 2. Therefore, f you play ALL 3 DEALS, you MUST win 2-1 or 3-0. Thank me when you've had your free pints. :loon :loon :loon :loon

Re: Does anybody know how to do the 10-card poker con? Yes but it is rather crap and not worth waiting for. Anyone who falls for a trick just using 10 cards is probably stupid enough to just buy you 3 pints if you just asked him :lol