NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 10:Can Mayweather go the distance,I hope so I backed De La Hoya at the h2h at 2.75 and by decision at $5,Oscar is looking very solid and Mayweather is trying to respond...Fantastic effort with both fighters landing big blows,Floyd lands a good one at the death,I think that may just win the round for him.10- 9 to Mayweather,C'mon Oscar hold on and the fight is yours,2 rds to go.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 11: What a fight,both fighters are laying it all on the line,Oscar lands soome good blows as does Mayweather but the round go's the way of Mayweather 10 - 9. Its all comming down to points by the look and I have it at 3 rds even and De La Hoya 5 Mayweather 3

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Rd 12:Fantastic final round,Mayweather went hard from start to finish and nOscar responded well,Oscar was lucky to make it through that round, Well it's all on the points now,I have De La Hoya as the winner by decision,we'll soon find out,I'll give you the refs decision in a minutie...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th)

;786828']Anyone know what CB set there total at for the Raiders match?
Nah mate,no idea. CROUCH BRO,want to have a talk about the euro Football after the matches today,if so i'll see you after the Dogs match.

Nah mate,no idea. CROUCH BRO,want to have a talk about the euro Football after the matches today,if so i'll see you after the Dogs match.
Sure thing bro. My action on the leagues generally dies off a bit at this time of the year but I do have a few bets still with certain trends etc.

Sure thing bro. My action on the leagues generally dies off a bit at this time of the year but I do have a few bets still with certain trends etc.
Correct, football is especially tough at this time of the season. i prefer not to play the last 6-7 weeks of the Premier League.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Far out,not a great day at all for Rugby League,I always seem to have one day when nothinbg go's right and this was it. I'm still exactly 1k in profit for the weekend,so I'll put 500 back into the kitty which gets it with my original stake for the Weekend back to 40k,only a small 500 profit this weekend,but a gain is a gain and some people don't even earn that much in a week,so you have to be happy regardless,I'll waste the other 500 on some fun bets for the match tomorrow,hopefully for a small bit of profit,if not,well a gain is a gain no matter how small. Crouch mate,I'll be back in a minutie,I juust want to check something out,but feel free to have a chat about your football selections mate and I'll be back in a sec...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) As Quietlife points out, this is the time of the season where things can go wrong and the funny effects of non motivation etc. can play their part. One interesting game is Arsenal v Chelsea tonight. Chelsea can't have any realistic hopes of winning the Premiership but they need to win to give themself that chance. Arsenal need a win for 3rd but in the grand scheme of things it can't be that important. What really interests me is that Chelsea is very much a wounded animal at the moment, crashing out of the Champions League and all but out of the title race. They strike me as too good a team to not bounce back and haven't lost to Arsenal since 2004. Chelsea or Chelsea (0) look good to me. Other one that interests me is Monaco at home to Marseille. Marseille have dire away record this season and not won away to Monaco in 5 years. Monaco are unbeaten in 6 and I think have just 3 losses in past 23 games. Monaco (0) looks a goer here. Beyond that though I don't really fancy much, but to be honest I'm not looking much these days as I rekcon it'll just leave me to making bets I know I shouldn't. If you're after an upset then maybe Celta over Villareal. Celta in the drop zone and need points and funnily enough 70% of their wins this year are on the road. That's about the only reason I'd fancy Celta though, I've no great idea about team news. Weekend not quite over yet either, we've got the Titans and Cows tomorrow, maybe some money to be made there.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Yeah mate,I know what you guys mean,all the excitement in the leagues are gone now as the sides in Relagation are almost set in stone. I do like the Betis/Getafe match for a draw,both sides are struggling with injuries and they both have the most drawn matches in the league,so thats one,I might have a crack at. Arsenal/Chelsea is a intresting match,your correct with what you are saying they both sort of need something,I really think the EPL is gone for Chelsea,even if they win.The Arse have been ok of late,i'm gonna take a outsiders bet on this match and put 20 on the ht/ft draw as this match while looking like it could be good might just end up like Chelseas latest matches and be a very boring affair with both sides looking dangerous and neither side scoring,i'm most likely way off,but it's worth a crack,everytime I pick a winner between the top EPL sides they have goaless draws,so i'll try that out. One massive match over night though is Real Madrid vs Sevilla,both sides need the win and even though Real are going great at the moment,I think that Sevilla could just snatch this one. Bro,I don't know why,but i'm really,really,really keen on the Titans/Cowboys match for total points in match to be 51-60,I have no idea why,it just keeps popping up in my head,I think I might just go with it. ]Good Luck with your football bets tonight,sorry I was'nt around after the match bro,for some reason my internet would'nt work,sorry about that.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) I've said this time and time again leading up 2 this week in various threads but I Really fancy Real Madrid over Sevilla and Mallorca over Osasuna... Both of these homke teams are good enough 2 win in normal circumstances but with the added effect of the former teams UEFA Cup match up I'd say @ there abouts Evens both of these teams look set to take 3... both have good records at home and Away... these 2 games are my focus for the night... All signs point 2 quite comfortable wins... of course funny time... but Osasuno have horrible league form and Sevilla down 1-0 after 1st Cup leg would have I'd Imagine put everything into that game and not so much looked ahead to this 1... have u boyz considered this... I know explaining my logic is a little flawed but it's there... Somewhere... http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47972

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) i think cowboys will win tomorrow.. im havin a break from betting for a while.. need to concentrate on study.. good luck with the bets boys n thanks jumbo n crouch for your great tips

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Good luck with your studies mate,all the best and it's been good having you here,hopfully see you later in the year,once again mate,best of luck with your studies.:ok Before I say anything on the match tonight,i'm gonna have a rant about something I have noticed but have never really said anything.. I sometimes wonder if we as New Zealanders and Australians realise how lucky we are to have the NRL,Super 14 and AFL all right here for us to watch,in my talks with others in Europe about League and Rugby through Betshoot the same topic keeps comming up as to how alot of the people I have spoken to have either lived here or in Australia and they miss our sports,do we take it for granted?? It's funny for me in NZ we all grow up playing contact sports,i'd imagine it's very similair for you Australians,but do we actually realise just how good we all are at these sports??:eyes I find it really hard to watch the Super League,even though I love the game of Rugby League,the scorelines can be so one sided it just ruins the game,you would never see 4 out of the 7 games in the NRL with onb side winning by more than 20,yet in the Super League it's a normal occurence,I watched all the games last night and the scorelines were massive,at stages you wonder what the coachs are teaching thier players,you could send the top 4 sides in the Super League over here and they would get flogged week in and week out,apart from St Helens who would at least be competitive,but the rest of them would have no show of competing. We have 3 competitions here that we both as countries dominate and that far exceed the rest of the same competitions around the world,do we actually realise it?I don't think we do.If the Warriors were losing by 20 most of us would walk out as the game would be crap,I think we are all very lucky to have 3 competitions that consist of some of the fastest and hardest guys on the planet playing them,do we even give these guys enough credit for what they do to themselves for our entertainment?? Maybe we should as i've seen the Heineken Rugby Union Comp and the Super League and they do not even compare with the free flowing hard hitting action we are provided by those competitions and maybe we should realise that. Just having a rant there. Titans vs Cowboys The Titans are winning games and look good but the Cowboys with Carl Webb back in their side could be a bit to big to stop for the Titans. With Thurston and the Bowens the Cowboys have major stirkepower,the Titans have some of their own in Prince and Campbell,but their forwards may struggle against the Cowboys big men and they have a few of them. I can't be bothered being toi indepth today,and to be honest i'm getting tired of tipping all together but i'll stick around for the season regardless,but i'm on the Cowboys -2.5 and I think people should jump on it,the Cowboys have far to much size for the Titans and should really steamroll them tonight,the Titans have been playing well,but with Webb back in I would rate the Cowboys in this local derby to really stamp their size advantage on the Titans,so heres what i'm taking,we have put 500 away and will spend the 500 left on 3 bets,here they are.. 400 on Cowboys -2.0 @ 1.95 50 on total points being 51 - 60 @ 4.35 50 on total points being 61 - 70 @ 9.00 Just wasting some money and having some fun tonight, Good Luck to all with whatever you choose.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) D3Z, good luck with your tests mate. I'm sure you'll kill it. As for the sports mate, I sort of wondered the same thing the other day. They are so very unique. I imagine in most of Europe you only really have the soccer. I suppose you've got tennis and golf and in the Flanders region stuff like road racing, but yeah, in many sense we are pretty privileged (even if I don't like Union!). As for tonight, I'm not too sure what to make of it. I kind of liked the Titans who have a pretty strong home record, but the money has obviously come in for the Cowboys. Not sure about the points either, Monday night games are typically so tight and I just don't feel the points rush, but I could easily be wrong. Prince v Thurston battle should be a ripper and even though Thurston should get the maroon #7 I can see this being a real showdown. The absence of Preston Campbell can be seen as a bit of a blow though, so on second thoughts, the Cowboys look a decent bet. This game is a bit of a derby too, so maybe a penalty goal for first scoring play? I guess I don't have much of an idea tonight lol.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Cowboys -5.5 @ 2.10 Last week the Titans smashed the Eels but that wasn't very surprising considering most oftheteam was struggling with the effects of a virus. What was a better performance was the Cowboys win over Manly and this may have been the catalyst to get them back on track and for the season to go on an upward swing. It was the performance of Bowen especially and to a lesser extent Thurston that were the major factors for the amount of points they put up against, at that stage, the best defence in the competition. I don't think the Titans can withstand these two players if they show the same form again, and while Prince will od his best, i think Thurston is a better all round player. Both players are playing for the number 7 QLD jersey and i think Thurston will want to send a message that he is the best player in that position.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) tonights game i had taken 4pts Cowboys @1.75 sportingbet 10pts Cowboys @1.80 WillHill i noticed everyone else tipped the cowboys.. nice profits all round.. thanks again boys.. take it easy

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Another decent effort on the NRL thread for the week,well done to all. Give yourselfs a pat on the back as to be honest and trust me I shyould know,the NRL is actually one of the hardest leagues in the world to make money from,if you consider yourself a good tipster then consider yourself even more so,this comp is truly one of the hardest leagues to make money off,well done to all.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Great thread as usual folks :clap Jumbo is right, the NRL is one of the most competitive leagues in the world of sport, I would argue with any man until am blue in the face about that. Sometimes I think I've have my work cut out with the ESL but you guys have a far harder task to do and credit to each and everyone of you. :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 8 (May 3rd - 7th) Thanks for the kind words RugbyLad,but you are are very good judge of the Super League as well and deserve credit for your outstanding efforts,Good Luck to you with your future endevours,and stay safe my friend.